The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only person he's ever been jealous of, AFAIK, was his sister - and she's long gone. His mother, too, is gone now. He's been an only child for the last 20 years. Now, could some other situation bring it back out again? Perhaps. Perhaps.
I hope he doesn't have any children ever.

Quick question. If we are to believe the first golf club injury occurred much earlier to her cheek in Michigan.... wouldn't he have his own set of golf clubs? He wouldn't use Johns due to the size difference. Golf clubs are sized to the player. SO. If this is the case, and I would bet it is because these kids had everything they wanted or needed, where were his golf clubs in the house? Were they ever located? I was thinking for so long it may be John's club that was used due to its location near the body. But. If we think rationally, I would bet that Burkes clubs were kept near John's. Yet they weren't in any pictures I've seen of the crime scene. A golf club, in my opinion, is the only other instrument that could cause this shape of injury besides the flashlight. Both would have enough weight to inflict the injury without too much strength. So where are Burkes golf clubs? Maybe those are the ones removed from the home and not John's?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Burke's golf clubs between the boxes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• NE Nov 1 2010 crop.jpg
    NE Nov 1 2010 crop.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 806
Definitely agree. A psychiatrist is there to prescribe the meds and the psychologist is there for therapy (no prescriptions!) I know from personal experience with my daughter and me.

Right! The two profressions definitely work together a lot of the time but I've never been to a psychiatrist that does therapy as well they each have their own distinct training/ schooling and skills. Social work is another area that works hand in hand but also is it's own area of expertise.

The flashlight is plausible. Fractures do not act in perfect symmetry with the weapons, rather weakened or thinner areas of the skull will yield first. It is academic. BDI, and the DA allowed time to revise and destroy evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought it was strange how JR constantly insisted about the reason he put her death date as Christmas is he wanted people to remember she died on Christmas. But...the only way you would know this is if you were there when she passed away. Otherwise what the hell would it matter if she died on Christmas day or the day after. I mean isn't it more important to find her killer? Why does the date have to be the 25th when they were never sure of exact time of death. There basically was only two hours left on the 25th when they got home. It just seems fishy to me that he put it as the 25th. But now knowing that she won that beauty pageant, it damn sure makes me even more curious. This is the first time I knew she won that pageant. Just wow!

:goodpost:

The fact they insisted on listing the date of death as Dec. 25, to me, says it all. They knew exactly when she died. End of story...

IMHO

Right! The two profressions definitely work together a lot of the time but I've never been to a psychiatrist that does therapy as well they each have their own distinct training/ schooling and skills. Social work is another area that works hand in hand but also is it's own area of expertise.

I said in an earlier post that it was not always this way - in the mid 1980's I went to a psychiatrist for therapy. Before all of the new antidepressants and the ADHD boom, psychiatrists DID do therapy as well. Once all of the meds started coming out, the psychiatrists went to prescribing medications almost totally and left the therapy to the psychologists and other counselors. But it wasn't always the way it is now.

Two thoughts about fingerprints... First of all, the fact that Patsy's fingerprints were on the bowl of pineapple means nothing... Couldn't she have been the one to take it out of the dishwasher and put it in the cupboard, thus leaving her prints on it? Also, the fact that the flashlight had ZERO fingerprints on it is incredibly telling, in my opinion. What objects ever enter someone's house and sit on a counter and never have even one fingerprint on them? Doesn't that make it obvious that it was wiped clean? And what in the world would be a reason for wiping down a flashlight, other than to hide who has touched it? Maybe I'm oversimplifying here, but it seems to me the fingerprints in this case tell parts of the story.

Some kind of heavy cylindrical object with a diameter between 1/2" and 1".

In one of her LE interviews PR says that she stored some of the pageant trophies in the train room . Always wondered whether she wasn't hit with one of those.

Two thoughts about fingerprints... First of all, the fact that Patsy's fingerprints were on the bowl of pineapple means nothing... Couldn't she have been the one to take it out of the dishwasher and put it in the cupboard, thus leaving her prints on it? Also, the fact that the flashlight had ZERO fingerprints on it is incredibly telling, in my opinion. What objects ever enter someone's house and sit on a counter and never have even one fingerprint on them? Doesn't that make it obvious that it was wiped clean? And what in the world would be a reason for wiping down a flashlight, other than to hide who has touched it? Maybe I'm oversimplifying here, but it seems to me the fingerprints in this case tell parts of the story.

Thank you for oversimplifying. Sometimes we tend to get caught-up too much in the details and creating complex story lines. My imagination still hears the clank of the metal bat outside because someone heard a metal clank that night. I wish I could unwatch the child hitting the skull in the CBS special. Watching a child strike that skull with the necessary force scared the hell out of me. If it was that much force with the flashlight, then it's almost impossible to argue that this was an accident.

Assuming BR owned Hi-Tecs with a round-shaped compass on them, I'm willing to bet he walked out of the house with them on his feet. As soon as the Rs heard there was an "unidentified" bootprint in the wine cellar, they went straight into the fire.

Speaking of which, I believe a very intelligent poster asked the question on another thread of whether or not the Rs owned a fireplace and whether or not the fireplace was on and running the morning of December 26th. Does anyone know?

I don't know if a fire was lit but the police removed a loose brick from the fireplace for examination.

Speaking of fireplaces I think a fire poker would be a good candidate for the weapon used to bash her head.

Mind it would have probably left soot in her hair and on her scalp, unless the fire tools were just decorative pieces, and had been polished like brass.

I'm confused about the location of the 'den' in the house. Anyone know where the den was?

I've read that John's dark blue robe was found dropped in the den, a place it wouldn't normally be. I've also heard John mention that they were setting up phone taps in the den, and I think he mentioned that it was upstairs.

But then we have the study near the garage, presumably some kind of office, so I'm thinking there would be a phone in there. And talk of a cigar humidor on his desk. And I think there may have been a den area near their master bedroom.

Can anyone clarify where the den is that is often referred to, and if there was more than one?

I could be wrong but when I watched the CBS show that when they were discussing the head wound they talked about the natural suchers(spelling) of the skull and where they fuse. It sounded to me like they described the wound along and to the right of these suchers and I'm no expert but I think that it could definitely account for the rectangular shape and not the crescent shape if you are hitting something that already has a crack/fissure whatever it's going to break along that crack. Idk if anyone understands what I'm saying lol but it makes sense to me especially since I think they said the skull isn't fully fused yet at that age.

I thought on the CBS show it looked more to one side then the other too. But above it looks to be more in the midline, like she was struck from above rather then the side.

Btw it sutures, same word as when you get stitches for a cut.

Holy **** otg! So they WERE down there??? [emoji33]

Interesting, I can't see a putter or a pitching wedge in this image. I wonder if it's just because they are out of sight or because they aren't there?

Just adding on not disputing.

Psychiatrist are MD's. They go to medical school just like any other dr, except when they do their residency years they do it under a psychiatrist.

Psychologisist have PhD's, they take far more psych classes then a psychiatrists, and they do lots more research and writing in their schooling as well as field placements. There are lots of different branches of psychology a PhD student can go as well.

Social Workers have an MSW (master of social work) degree. If they go to school to become a Clinical Social Worker, they can counsel others in private practice. But only if they go to school for clinical. Regular social work degrees expose you more to the politics and policy side, whereas clinical focuses more on counseling.

Just adding on not disputing.

Psychiatrist are MD's. They go to medical school just like any other dr, except when they do their residency years they do it under a psychiatrist.

Psychologisist have PhD's, they take far more psych classes then a psychiatrists, and they do lots more research and writing in their schooling as well as field placements. There are lots of different branches of psychology a PhD student can go as well.

Social Workers have an MSW (master of social work) degree. If they go to school to become a Clinical Social Worker, they can counsel others in private practice. But only if they go to school for clinical. Regular social work degrees expose you more to the politics and policy side, whereas clinical focuses more on counseling.
Exactly. They usually work hand in hand and when medication is required or possibly needed, you are referred to the psychiatrist so they can give you what they feel is the proper meds. They usually follow what the psychologist or social worker has observed and go from there.

Exactly. They usually work hand in hand and when medication is required or possibly needed, you are referred to the psychiatrist so they can give you what they feel is the proper meds. They usually follow what the psychologist or social worker has observed and go from there.

I've often found that psychiatrist are sought for diagnosis and medication....and the psychiatrist refers the patient to a psychologist or counselor for "talk therapy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP