The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the one biggest thing the CBS special opened my eyes to was that not all the little circumstantial things discovered have to be directly related to what happened the night she died, and one person didn't have to be responsible for all the things that happened that night.

My son is taking a forensics course this year and they had been studying this case prior to the CBS show. When he saw it, he said, "We never really seriously considered Burke because he would have been too small to carry her down the stairs." Many people assumed whoever killed her did everything else (ransom, carried her to the basement, changed her panties, etc.)

Also, she may have been a victim of different things at different times, but only one of her victimizers killed her. Sexually abused by one person. Pinched on the inside of her arm by another. And received repeated head strikes when she angered yet a third person.

Also, mark me as a person who never had a pediatrician EVER ask me about sex/sexuality/appropriate behavior, and certainly not when I was under 6 years old! Same for a pediatrician asking MY children. Never happened. I'd have pulled them from the practice if a male pediatrician asked how my 5 year-old daughter's sexual education was coming along. I'm in a "That's a Red Flag!" camp. The only way Jonbenet's doctors questions/notes wouldn't completely squick me out is if he's asking because Patsy has expressed concern to him that Jonbenet was possibly being sexually abused. But then it would be hinky that that info is not included in the notes.

JMO!
AMEN!!!!! That it was EVEN mentioned was shocking to me.

But he has had the same theory on the Jonbenet case for years. So you think he's going on a CBS special and change his mind or look at the case from a different point of view? Of course no, it would damage his credibility on every single case he's been involved in. Who would sink their career like this? Yeah, nobody

This line of thinking is patently bizarre to me. It would sink a profiler's career to... demonstrate an open minded approach when learning about new evidence? Perhaps to a closed-minded person it would, I guess.

Why is that fishy? My dentist prescribed meds when I had a cold sore. Lock him up!

If that cold sore is on/adjacent to your lip that is within a dentist's scope of practice.

A board-certified pediatrician working in a pediatric setting prescribing gynecological medicines for an adult is questionable scope of practice. Prescribing for a rash visible while clothed is more reasonable.

Prescribing without an examination or lab results, questionable scope of practice.

Any indication that the pediatrician completed a pelvic exam of Patsy while JonBenet waited???

Because you're the patient of your dentist. Patsy is not Dr. B"s patient.

Pediatricians and Family MD's treat everyone at all times. I can see my family practitioner for my kiddos and complain about something and they will treat me and write a prescription. I don't know if that was normal for the Ramsey's but it is normal for us.

Could that mark on JBR's arm be a birth mark? Could it be that the arm decoration on the other arm was first put there and skin was caught up in the fastening of the costume?

I know some parents pinched their kids, but every one I know that did was a flat-out mean, control-freak, nut-job from birth to death. I also knew some sisters who pinched each other as kids; 3 of the 9 mean, angry, neglected and low IQ products of 2 mean, low IQ parents. If PR was pinching JBR then she is a lot trashier than I suspected.
looking through a lot of her pictures, those are the only ones that she had a mark right there in. Other pics her arm was free of marks.

If that cold sore is on/adjacent to your lip that is within a dentist's scope of practice.

A board-certified pediatrician working in a pediatric setting prescribing gynecological medicines for an adult is questionable scope of practice. Prescribing for a rash visible while clothed is more reasonable.

Prescribing without an examination or lab results, questionable scope of practice.

Any indication that the pediatrician completed a pelvic exam of Patsy while JonBenet waited???

The discussion was about meds prescribed to Patsy after JonBenet's body was discovered, tranquilisers probably.

This line of thinking is patently bizarre to me. It would sink a profiler's career to... demonstrate an open minded approach when learning about new evidence? Perhaps to a closed-minded person it would, I guess.

What? There wasn't any new evidence. Same old stuff they have been hacking about for years. You don't think that it hurts Clemente's career to admit he was wrong?

The discussion was about meds prescribed to Patsy after JonBenet's body was discovered, tranquilisers probably.

Who prescribed the meds? Regardless, Dr. Beuf had treated the family for years. I'm not sure why this is an issues. No, and I repeat, NO, pediatrician or family practioner is going to examine for sexual abuse or ask outright about sexual abuse. None of us in this field would ever do that. We look for signs and go from there. Bottom line, he never thought she was sexually abused. I take his opinion seriously. I'm sorry you don't.

Three times? Plus she is six years old.

Yes, three times.

Yes, a six year old.

One head trauma in 2 years I could buy. Two head traumas in 2 years is pushing it. 3 head traumas in 2 years, and a 4th that kills her?

Yes, she's six years old. Not a newly walking toddler. Her frequent traumas should be skinned hands and knees, and shin bruises. Not repeated head trauma that requires explanation to the doctor.

If she were a grown woman and came in with 'accidental' head trauma 3 times in 24 months, she would get a social services referral. If she died because of the 4th head trauma, they'd be looking at the other 3 with fresh eyes.

Who prescribed the meds? Regardless, Dr. Beuf had treated the family for years. I'm not sure why this is an issues. No, and I repeat, NO, pediatrician or family practioner is going to examine for sexual abuse or ask outright about sexual abuse.None of us in this field would ever do that. We look for signs and go from there. Bottom line, he never thought she was sexually abused. I take his opinion seriously. I'm sorry you don't.
Not true- a medical doctor is a mandatory reporter. If he did admit "after the fact" he suspected abuse and never reported it, he would have very quickly lost his license to practice medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? There wasn't any new evidence. Same old stuff they have been hacking about for years. You don't think that it hurts Clemente's career to admit he was wrong?

The demonstration of how impossible it was to come through the basement window and not disturb the spider web was new.

The demonstration of a child smashing a skull in a way similar to what happened to JBR was new.

And I suspect for many viewers of the program, the extra voices on the 911 call was new.

I don't recall seeing Burke not to be able to identify the bowel of pineapples before - that was amazing to see.

I also suspect the train track poke was new for most viewers and the crazy stun gun idea was shown for how silly it was.

And I've only seen the 911 operator on one other show- I'd call her new - and she gave very powerful testimony.

I'll just add, other than confessing, I don't think Burke could have done a better job of setting up this show.

Who prescribed the meds? Regardless, Dr. Beuf had treated the family for years. I'm not sure why this is an issues. No, and I repeat, NO, pediatrician or family practioner is going to examine for sexual abuse or ask outright about sexual abuse. None of us in this field would ever do that. We look for signs and go from there. Bottom line, he never thought she was sexually abused. I take his opinion seriously. I'm sorry you don't.

My post did not mention anything about his opinion.

A mother knows when her child is being abused irregardless of whether or not she consciously admits it. JMO

Absolutely not true. People do not become omnipotent just because they became mothers.

With regards to the Doctor's medical history report. I have 3 children: 18 months, 4, and 6 staying with us. They are my grandchildren and my son and his wife are staying with while they are getting their house built. Taking forever. Been 11 months.

It's all coming back to my wife and I. Small children are little petrie dishes on tiny legs. They bring home every cough cold and infection known to man. If there is a day without one of them crying or falling over, I can't remember it. They don't walk anywhere. They run. Once they go to play group or school, they seem to have one cold after the other. The 4 year old had 2 stiches to his upper lip. He got into my shed and tried to hop on my bike. His mother was just about to say "Where is ..." when she heard the screams. The 6 year old suffers from asthma, and her parents have had to take her to hospital (overnight stay) once while they have have been with us.

The doctor's history of treating JB is typical. To my current experience. They do tend to take her to the doctor's for everything. That would be my observation.

Not true- a medical doctor is a mandatory reporter. If he did admit "after the fact" he suspected abuse and never reported it, he would have very quickly lost his license to practice medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, I'm a mandatory reporter. Why do you think that renders his opinion invalid?

1) Odd, I've witnessed a pediatrician ask a child about possible sexual abuse. Outright.

2) Have you been verified as a professional in your field yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member