The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that other experts with the same data come to very different conclusions. In the end, we have to cherry picks the experts we believe. I even remember one world class expert who claimed the garrote was part of some sex game!
Since BR cannot be excluded, BR now puts himself downstairs after everyone went to bed, BR's fingerprints are on the glass of tea & the pineapple bowl, JBR had undigested pineapple in her system, BR smeared feces on a box of candy JBR had gotten for Xmas that day... I think the timeline narrows and BR is a likely culprit.

There's more info today than there was 20 years ago or 10 years ago.

Since BR cannot be excluded, BR now puts himself downstairs after everyone went to bed, BR's fingerprints are on the glass of tea & the pineapple bowl, JBR had undigested pineapple in her system, BR smeared feces on a box of candy JBR had gotten for Xmas that day... I think the timeline narrows and BR is a likely culprit.

Wow! Now I'm thinking the death happened in maybe the kitchen when BR exploded in a rage, HE took Jonbenet to the basement.

...they discussed the idea of no adult would use a train track to jab a child and try to wake her, and Spitz said there was no circulation at that time. So, JonBenet would have had to of already been strangled and dead when jabbed with the train track.

That piece from Smit shocked me, and it has me convinced that those abrasions occurred post mortem.

However, the train tracks were not necessarily the instrument used to cause those marks. Kolar goes in more detail in his book that those tracks have three prongs, and the middle one would have had to be missing for that theory to work. Sure, the middle prong could have snapped off, but we'll never know what the condition of the train tracks down there was to say that with certainty. Similar to the flashlight being the weapon for the head blow - seems likely, but the door is open for other possibilities.

Further, if the train track was used, we have to ask why. We are assuming Burke did this because it was a toy, specifically his toy, and because he was trying to revive JBR. But what if the jabbing served another purpose? The train tracks were handy to whomever was in the basement doing the staging. If we are already devising ligatures and a garrote, isn't it reasonable to stage some other implications of torture as well?

If we believe the train tracks caused the marks, it is easy to connect that to Burke and assume his motive. But if we believe the marks were made post mortem, then we have to conclude that Burke also strangled JBR and likely moved her body to his bedroom or the basement where the tracks were found (unless the crime occurred in the bedroom or basement).

Or, if we believe Burke was only responsible for the head blow and the rest was staged, and that the jabbing was done post mortem, then the purpose was to further the faked evidence of a monstrous intruder torturing JBR. The train tracks were handy just like the paintbrush used in the garrote, and for me this theory is just as plausible.

Which is all to reaffirm the ending message of this show: although there may be general agreement that RDI and a strong base of support for BDI, we still will never know exactly what happened that night without a confession.

That said, I did find the DNA discussion extremely tantalizing. If they test the flashlight and the garrote and other untested items for DNA, that would help further our knowledge of what happened. Again, I don't think it would be conclusive without a confession, but it would certainly be helpful. And in lieu of that confession, I hope this case remains in the spotlight for another twenty years, if only to never provide the persons responsible with any relief from.public scrutiny.

I think it's important to remember that one third of the show was edited out just recently.

I'll buy the uncut DVD....

So because of their edit we're supposed to believe that a Patsy and/or John find JonBenet unconscious, with no visible head injury, no blood, etc. and they think: "well she's brain dead so let's garrote her to disguise what happened". Even though a head injury could very well be an accident with kids - heck I just heard experts agree that it was an accident!

I'm not buying that. In that situation they do what every other parent does, call 911 and hope for the best - even if she isn't breathing. And it would certainly be easier to cover up an accident, like a blow to the head, then it is to cover up a strangulation. I'm thinking they had to cover-up something that was impossible to explain without introducing an intruder - the garrote.

Those marks were not a stun gun, we know that much.

They do match the ends of the train track. Burke had train tracks in his room as well as in the basement.

The experts opined that it was someone 'testing' to see if JBR was really knocked out/dead and behaviorally that would be something a child would do, versus an adult (using the train track to poke them).

Did they ever test the feces to see whose it was?

I think BR is the culprit too - I just don't buy the way the CBS program imagined it to go down. It leaves John or Patsy putting a garrote on JBR because of an accident - I find that nonsensical.

I think BR is the culprit too - I just don't buy the way the CBS program imagined it to go down. It leaves John or Patsy putting a garrote on JBR because of an accident - I find that nonsensical.
How would a 9 yr old be aware of, let alone fashion, a garrotte? It was PR's sweater fiber that was found in the garrotte (and on the duct tape covering JBR's mouth).

Wow! Now I'm thinking the death happened in maybe the kitchen when BR exploded in a rage, HE took Jonbenet to the basement.

That's what Kolar hinted at on one of Tricia's radio interviews.

IMO, if BR did it, it was an accident. The REAL psychos are the ones who did what they did to stage it after she was DEAD.

Have you all seen Lin Wood's tweets from tonight!? He is livid and saying he's going to sue CBS and all the experts involved in the special!

Wow! He is STILL at it! Good Lord, Lin. Is he going to sue all of use next? Apparently he is going to take down everyone involved plus CBS itself. Good luck on that one, dude.

Lin Wood is tantruming and acting out. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm stuck where you are. Also, at the end of the 911 call...where Burke allegedly asks "What did you find?". Was he present when JR and/or PR discovered JBR? During the staging? What I mean is......did he know they had found her....or was he acting like he had no clue what was going on? Does this make sense?

Wouldn't dna from a person who packed the panties or sewed them at the manufacturer's be removed the first time the panties were washed?

Wouldn't dna from a person who packed the panties or sewed them at the manufacturer's be removed the first time the panties were washed?

Yes- But they were unwashed and fresh out of the package.

How would a 9 yr old be aware of, let alone fashion, a garrotte? It was PR's sweater fiber that was found in the garrotte (and on the duct tape covering JBR's mouth).

And let's not forget that the duct tape was placed post mortem or at least post head blow, too - perfect lip print, meaning she did not move her mouth at all once the tape was applied. It served no functional purpose except as an element of staging. IMO, the duct tape proves that staging occurred in regard to JBR's body, which makes it likely that there was more staging done to her body than just the duct tape.

Wow attorney Lin Wood is not happy on twitter he is intending to sue cbs on behalf "of this fine young man". Has he acted out on twitter before like this? Will he really sue or is he attempting damage control for BR and JR?

Could he realistically carry her? I couldn't believe the difference in his size between that first interview with the psychologist and then 15+ months later with the police. Not really relevent though.

Maybe he chased her downstairs? Possibly she grabbed a piece of pineapple and then ran?

So because of their edit we're supposed to believe that a Patsy and/or John find JonBenet unconscious, with no visible head injury, no blood, etc. and they think: "well she's brain dead so let's garrote her to disguise what happened". Even though a head injury could very well be an accident with kids - heck I just heard experts agree that it was an accident!

I'm not buying that. In that situation they do what every other parent does, call 911 and hope for the best - even if she isn't breathing. And it would certainly be easier to cover up an accident, like a blow to the head, then it is to cover up a strangulation. I'm thinking they had to cover-up something that was impossible to explain without introducing an intruder - the garrote.

I agree. How would the parents know she was "brain dead"? Her heart was pumping and her lungs were breathing, for all they knew she was unconscious. Why wouldn't get call for an ambulance or drive her to the hospital. There has to be something else. It might not even be the garrote, but the blood all over her thighs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member