The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Case of JonBenet Ramsey made its way into some mainstream UK papers, with a picture Burke as a child and one from the Dr Phil show where he is looking up to the side, wide-eyed and grinning.

He is named as JonBenet's killer outright, so I'm willing to bet BR's phone is ringing off the hook, and he will attract the usual social stalkers, never mind the story oriented paparazzi.

It's not looking good for BR's future prospects, unless he becomes the bad guy to be interviewed: Hey they say you killed your sister? What does DS think now, or did he know all along?

Not sure I agree with Kolar's conclusion, here's why: If the case is BDI and BR did some minimal staging, then why did he not cleanup the breakfast bar? Also all the Barbie Nightgown and missing pink pajama bottoms, they do not fit in to a breakfast bar scenario?

Still Kolar is probably right that BR and JonBenet had some kind of altercation, just where is likely a moot point.

I think that is more likely to be a full meal that would take all that time to clear the stomach. A piece or two of pineapple would move along much faster, and I've read that pineapple contains some enzyme that means it digests more quickly than other foods. My guess is she ate it about 1 hour before she was killed.

Something is definitely related to the pineapple, because when asked BR was asked as to what was in the picture of a bowl of pineapple, BR wouldnt say what it was.

I'm 10 pages behind reading here and can't seem to catch up so if someone has already said this, I apologize. I recall in our anticipation of the documentary how some people wished for just one new bit of information. Burke gave it to us when he said he Went back downstairs with the flashlight after everyone had gone to bed. I wonder if he does access the forums?

I'm 10 pages behind reading here and can't seem to catch up so if someone has already said this, I apologize. I recall in our anticipation of the documentary how some people wished for just one new bit of information. Burke gave it to us when he said he Went back downstairs with the flashlight after everyone had gone to bed. I wonder if he does access the forums?

I totally believe he is reading on these forums now, if he wasn't before! And, he flat-out LIED on Dr Phil when he denied ever having read that RN... He's 30 years old and works on computers?! That RN is all over the internet...

I have very mixed feelings about the CBS special. For the record, I have not yet been convinced who did what in this crime, so I sit solidly on the fence for now. While I agree that there was a lot of thought-provoking material, I also think that there was some sloppy, almost bordering on reckless material as well.

Regarding the sexual assault, when some of the investigators stated to the effect that there was no sexual assault, I was very surprised, as that contradicts what many experts have concluded based on the same evidence. After thinking about it, I that what they actually were saying is that the injuries that were found did occur, but they were not as a result of a true sexual assault (sexually motivated), but rather as a result of staging efforts. And that they worded it oddly, making it sound like they were contradicting what was found at autopsy. I may have interpreted incorrectly though, so I am going to re-watch that part as soon as I get a chance. Regardless, I think that they glossed over that subject and would have liked them to go a little more in depth as to how they concluded what they did.

I was quite annoyed with Spitz and his statements regarding the "brain death". Brain death is NOT the same as actual DEATH, when the heart beat and respirations cease completely. I understand what he was getting at, that the head injury would certainly have resulted in death, and that she was essentially dead before that because she was "brain dead". It's really not as as simple as that in the real world. Regardless, the autopsy stated that she died of asphyxiation due to strangulation. THAT is what caused her death. I feel that Spitz was unnecessarily confusing the facts by going on about the "brain death", which really is irrelevant, and could easily confuse someone without a medical background. Even Lee was looking at him like "whaaat"?

The garrote. There is no evidence known to me that proves when that garrote was placed on JBR. All that we know is that the garrote was used to strangle JBR while her heart was beating and she was breathing, some time AFTER the head blow. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that the garrote was placed AFTER the head blow. It could have been placed on her and used before the head blow; I imagine a scenario where the garrote was tightened and loosened...perhaps she at some point managed a scream, startling the perp, who reacted by striking her in the head. We just don't know.

And I was surprised to hear them, particularly Spitz, insist that the garrote and the cords were solely for the purpose of staging. There is no evidence of this. Their rationale is that one wouldn't need to use a garrote to strangle JBR, they could "just use their hands", and that since the cords around her wrists were loose and did not leave marks, that all of this was absolutely done for the purpose of staging. There is no way for them to know this as fact. There could be any number of reasons for the garrote and the cord, including sadistic tendencies, fantasy, fetish... if so, then the "props" don't necessarily need to be functional. Their purpose could be personal and only known to the person(s) who did this to her, making sense only to their deviant mind.

As for the footage of Burke's interviews when he was 9 years old, I am very uncomfortable with those being shown to the public. People picking apart every little smile, giggle, squirm...he was NINE. A child. And by law in Colorado, innocent, regardless of what part he may have played in the crime. Like it or not, that is the law. And IF Burke was complicit in any way, at nine years old he would have had no control over how how his involvement was handled. We have no idea what coaching he received or what demands may have been made of him. And IF Burke truly does suffer from any type of mental illness, how can we blame him if his parents covered up, demanded he keep quiet, and then possibly kept him from receiving professional help? While I agree that Burke's disposition and affect are somewhat bizarre and even off-putting, I would like to see his behavior while not under the media glare. I agree he says some very odd things... really Burke, you hope JonBenet is "having fun up there?" I couldn't believe he said that. But just look at the things his father says! The apple did not fall far from the tree.

There are other things (dna evidence etc.) but this post is already pretty lengthy...I will wrap it up by saying that this series was done primarily for entertainment/ratings. This is obvious to me, because of the way that important points were glossed over or presented overly subjectively..the target audience was the average Joe who does not follow closely or otherwise care about the fine details of the case.

All imo

I recall there was mention of an animal hair in JonBenet's hand. A badger hair was mentioned. My first thought was that it could have been a bristle from a paintbrush. But then yesterday when I was thinking about the cord around JonBenet's neck being like the one around the doll's neck, and maybe placed around JB's neck to simulate the doll's appearance, a few more things clicked into place for me.

These dolls have a cord around the neck to attach the head. When you remove the cord the head comes off and then you have access to the inside of the doll for repairs, like replacing cords that keep the limbs on tight. To do this you have to remove wadding material from the stuffed body. Guess what was found on the basement floor? Wadding material. And Patsy said she could not identify it from her craft supplies, hadn't seen it before. This doll was not found in evidence, and could have been cleared up and removed from the house. Also I think tan fibres such as the doll's cloth body are comprised of, were found on JonBenet's clothes.

I'm thinking this doll was dismantled at the time of JonBenet's death, for sure. Sometimes I think animal hairs can be occasionally found in materials such as wadding.

Something else that I've just remembered they didn't deal with in the special was the unusual bruise/mark on JonBenet's face. They covered the two marks on her back but not the one on her face, which seemed much larger to me from the photos. I do wonder if there was a component of the inner workings of the doll that could have made this mark if she was struck with it.

I was believe it was a beaver hair that was found on or near JonBenet. Patsy had a pair of beaver fur boots greatly admired by her friends but which were never found.

He may be completely repulsed by his parents cover up, or even excited by it. So the RN may mean nothing to him. I thought he showed very little interest overall in the case. And I believe there was some kind if apparent contradiction, in that BR indicated he sneaked back downstairs after everyone was in bed, and JR said BR wanted to play with the model and so they went and played together, and the he put him to bed with the flashlight. Classic JR covering for BR, and now BR taking some delight in letting a little piece out there. JR would just say BR was child and just remembers wrong.

He may be completely repulsed by his parents cover up, or even excited by it. So the RN may mean nothing to him. I thought he showed very little interest overall in the case. And I believe there was some kind if apparent contradiction, in that BR indicated he sneaked back downstairs after everyone was in bed, and JR said BR wanted to play with the model and so they went and played together, and the he put him to bed with the flashlight. Classic JR covering for BR, and now BR taking some delight in letting a little piece out there. JR would just say BR was child and just remembers wrong.

While Burke showed little interest in the case he really lit up when he talked about his friend at school and all the excitement about himself. I think he flat out likes a lot of attention. And by him going on dr. Phil he is now getting lots of attention. I guess he doesn't get much attention sitting at home developing software.

'Mr Wood called CBS "corporate profit mongers" who aired the program during the September "sweeps" for maximum ratings benefit.'. ... Hmm, not unlike his good friend Dr. Phil.

According to a tweet by Lin Wood, "He [Burke] knew CBS accusations were coming & felt he should exercise his right of reasonable response. Has never wanted public status." So, if true, the timing of the DP show was in response to the upcoming CBS special, as opposed to strategically scheduled to maximize ratings. Just as we suspected here on WS before the show aired. IMO.

[video=twitter;778440699171770368]https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/778440699171770368[/video]

Always thought the abrupt ending to the friendship between the Whites and Ramseys was significant. They had been very close, and even spent part of Christmas Day with them. The Ramseys called them the next morning to tell them their daughter was missing, and they rushed to their house. They were VERY good friends. Can't remember when, but not too long after JBR died, the Whites and Ramseys ended their friendship. I believe Fleet White felt strongly that the Ramseys were somehow involved in this horrific crime.

Yes, I would love to hear what he has to say.

IMHO

Here is an interesting quote taken from Forums For Justice at this link (quote follows):

Post #11 http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...ey-Inconsistencies-and-WIN-a-100-AE-gift-card

Source: NE book Page 163-164:
I just sort of remember Priscilla standing in my mother's living room, family room, you know, just kind of like this and saying , "Well, I know what's going on," and she said, "If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "Priscilla, how can you know so much?" and I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."

TH: What was she referring to?

PR: I dont have a clue. I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish I would have taken her up on it to see what the hell she was talking about. There was just her - you know, it was just this kind of, "I know what's going on here and you don't. And if you give me a few minutes of your time I could clue you in."

If he knows his mother wrote the note, it makes sense he would not want to read it. If he thinks a killer wrote it, he should want to read it, as it's likely someone close to the family and he may pick up on a clue.
It's very strange that he would place himself downstairs so late, as this really tightens the timeline and hurts IDI. Maybe he resented the cover-up and is taking a little bit of control back. Or maybe he resents that everyone got attention for this case but him.

I have very mixed feelings about the CBS special. For the record, I have not yet been convinced who did what in this crime, so I sit solidly on the fence for now. While I agree that there was a lot of thought-provoking material, I also think that there was some sloppy, almost bordering on reckless material as well.

Regarding the sexual assault, when some of the investigators stated to the effect that there was no sexual assault, I was very surprised, as that contradicts what many experts have concluded based on the same evidence. After thinking about it, I that what they actually were saying is that the injuries that were found did occur, but they were not as a result of a true sexual assault (sexually motivated), but rather as a result of staging efforts. And that they worded it oddly, making it sound like they were contradicting what was found at autopsy. I may have interpreted incorrectly though, so I am going to re-watch that part as soon as I get a chance. Regardless, I think that they glossed over that subject and would have liked them to go a little more in depth as to how they concluded what they did.

I was quite annoyed with Spitz and his statements regarding the "brain death". Brain death is NOT the same as actual DEATH, when the heart beat and respirations cease completely. I understand what he was getting at, that the head injury would certainly have resulted in death, and that she was essentially dead before that because she was "brain dead". It's really not as as simple as that in the real world. Regardless, the autopsy stated that she died of asphyxiation due to strangulation. THAT is what caused her death. I feel that Spitz was unnecessarily confusing the facts by going on about the "brain death", which really is irrelevant, and could easily confuse someone without a medical background. Even Lee was looking at him like "whaaat"?

The garrote. There is no evidence known to me that proves when that garrote was placed on JBR. All that we know is that the garrote was used to strangle JBR while her heart was beating and she was breathing, some time AFTER the head blow. HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that the garrote was placed AFTER the head blow. It could have been placed on her and used before the head blow; I imagine a scenario where the garrote was tightened and loosened...perhaps she at some point managed a scream, startling the perp, who reacted by striking her in the head. We just don't know.

And I was surprised to hear them, particularly Spitz, insist that the garrote and the cords were solely for the purpose of staging. There is no evidence of this. Their rationale is that one wouldn't need to use a garrote to strangle JBR, they could "just use their hands", and that since the cords around her wrists were loose and did not leave marks, that all of this was absolutely done for the purpose of staging. There is no way for them to know this as fact. There could be any number of reasons for the garrote and the cord, including sadistic tendencies, fantasy, fetish... if so, then the "props" don't necessarily need to be functional. Their purpose could be personal and only known to the person(s) who did this to her, making sense only to their deviant mind.

As for the footage of Burke's interviews when he was 9 years old, I am very uncomfortable with those being shown to the public. People picking apart every little smile, giggle, squirm...he was NINE. A child. And by law in Colorado, innocent, regardless of what part he may have played in the crime. Like it or not, that is the law. And IF Burke was complicit in any way, at nine years old he would have had no control over how how his involvement was handled. We have no idea what coaching he received or what demands may have been made of him. And IF Burke truly does suffer from any type of mental illness, how can we blame him if his parents covered up, demanded he keep quiet, and then possibly kept him from receiving professional help? While I agree that Burke's disposition and affect are somewhat bizarre and even off-putting, I would like to see his behavior while not under the media glare. I agree he says some very odd things... really Burke, you hope JonBenet is "having fun up there?" I couldn't believe he said that. But just look at the things his father says! The apple did not fall far from the tree.

There are other things (dna evidence etc.) but this post is already pretty lengthy...I will wrap it up by saying that this series was done primarily for entertainment/ratings. This is obvious to me, because of the way that important points were glossed over or presented overly subjectively..the target audience was the average Joe who does not follow closely or otherwise care about the fine details of the case.

All imo

Great post, I agree with you completely, particularly about Burkes interview being shown to us, that really didn't sit right with me. Along with the 9 year old child being made to hit the pig skin covered blonde wigged skull(just wrong! Disgusting and offensive to jonbenet and anyone that cared about her). I would guess most people watching haven't thought much about the case since the nineties, and will just take the show at face value, and so now Burke is the killer in the publics eye...

But the thing is, It's just a theory.

The experts on the show all agreed on a theory they think fits. There are a myriad of other theories that could also fit.
now Burke has been named on a prime time International tv shows as the killer, when it hasn't been proven. I think that is so unfair to him.

i have no idea who did this crime, watching the cbs doc, as someone who isn't in one 'camp' or another, it was very biased.

imo.

Explain to my why John Ramsey, to this day, would be covering for Patsy Ramsey. They very clearly did not respect one another. I have yet to be provided a response to that request that makes any practical sense whatsoever.

For starters:

Because he doesn't want to look like a cad who degrades the dead mother of two of his children????

Because it could implicate him as well????

Because he doesn't want Burke to know his mother did this????

First, he would not allow cameras. So they went without. When they returned, they said that FW did not want to make any statements and they implied that he was not convinced that these people were actually interested in solving the case. Seemed to me he didn't want to be any part of what we have seen up to now, the IDI specials. They said that maybe when he sees the clips, he will understand that they were in fact trying to solve the case in an unbiased way.

thank you! I hope one day he decides to talk.

This article was never published, the "Witscience" website was called out by the American Journal of Medicine for their hoax/fabrication. American Journal of Medicine tweeted that it was a hoax, and that no such article actually existed. You can see the tweet and the information here: https://www.elsevier.com/connect/hoax-blog-touts-fake-ajm-article-linking-aspergers-to-murder

There's also no such thing as the "Wyoming Institute of Technology." I mean, just so we're clear here. Do not try to fool a websleuth, it does not go over well. WITscience is a SATIRE site, or just a clickbait site for money, it's hard to tell because their satire isn't actually funny.

Just jumping off this, I would like to point out that though Burke certainly does exhibit atypical behavior that certainly points to disruptions in socialization and MAY be attributed to autism/aspergers......these behaviors are seen in other developmental, personality, and psychological disorders and are not just seen in autism exclusively.

Additionally aggressive like episodes in autism on its own usually come from frustration not rage or anger, usually as the result of sensory overload or feeling misunderstood. IF someone on the spectrum displays violence, especially sexual violence to other people, there is usually something going on besides or in addition to autism.

ASD alone does not typically cause people to be aggressive criminals. Autism. Of course it can be part of the picture, but the violence is likely caused by another disorder.

ok I'm not sure in which thread I saw this yesterday - a pageant pic of JB with a strange mark on her upper arm.
I just found this pic also. Is this from the same pageant maybe?

8f9defb86bffe6b5eadebb9362e75362.jpg

One of the pictures they showed on the cbs special I thought I noticed a similar bruise on her inner arm to. I thought it was on her left arm though, so I'm not sure if it was a different picture or memory is failing me.

There was blood which had been wiped off of JBs thighs.

For the millionth time an intruder didn't slip in a tiny window miraculously managing not to disturb the large spider web, an intruder didn't lurk in that house unnoticed while Patsy tried to get ready for the trip, an intruder didn't lure JB downstairs, an intruder did not find a random notepad and write a practice ransom note, an intruder did not write the longest ransom note the American criminal justice system has ever seen, an intruder did not fix JB a snack, an intruder didn't lure her to the basement, an intruder didn't crush her skull,choke and violate her. And an intruder most certainly did not take the time to find new oversized underwear for JonBenet. Seriously what random criminal would get rid of the original pair and take the time and effort to find a new pair? After all that effort an intruder wouldn't leave JonBenét behind if he was really trying to be so careful about covering his track. And on a sarcastic note that intruder must be pretty lucky. It was so nice of John and Patsy to consistently lie and tell stories which protected "him" in the long run.

And what in the world is up with this new notion that since Burke hasn't gone on a killing spree yet then we are off in finding him to display sociopathic and potentially psychopathic traits. Sociopathy is far more common than people realize and most sociopaths aren't mass murderers. It isn't as simple as ,"Oh well he seems functional and went to college so nothing to see here folks. "

For the most part Dennis Rader seemed normal enough until the world learned he was BTK. Most people who knew Ted Bundy had no clue they were in the presence of a violent sadistic serial killer until he was caught. Laci Peterson didn't see Scott coming did she?And the world is full of people who functioned perfectly fine before and after committing murder. Just look at that waste of oxygen known as Karla Homolka. I'm pretty sure no one thought someone like her would assist in the violent rape and murder of her own sister; but not only did she do just that but thanks to her plea deal she now leads a very normal life with a family of her own. Lizzie Borden got on with her life. Casey Anthony isn't in jail again. If you want a child killer comparison look no further than Mary Bell. She strangled two children to death for funsies when she was only 11 and has no run ins with the law since her 12 year sentence.

The real monsters of this world don't walk around drooling,covered in excrement with a cardboard sign proclaiming their violent nature. No the real monsters are the ones who know how to hide who they are. They can be your annoying but seemingly normal neighbor, they can be an expectant father with a wife who has no clue she will never get to hold her unborn son because her husband is plotting her death,they can disguise themselves as a mother or as a brother. These people wear masks and those who get a peak of what is underneath usually don't survive to tell the tale leaving the monster free to continue as it pleases.

It is so sad to think that JonBenét was probably at the age where she would start to fear the proverbial monster lurking in her basement totally unaware that it didn't need to hide in the dark basement behind boxes because it had been hiding in plain sight all along ....in the form of someone she loved and trusted.
:cheers:
Great Post!

Something is definitely related to the pineapple, because when asked BR was asked as to what was in the picture of a bowl of pineapple, BR wouldnt say what it was.

Hi Aydrianna,
By acknowledging the pineapple, he now puts himself downstairs WITH JonBenet.

All imo

Cobalt Sky - I do agree with a number of the points you have made here, especially concerning the "brain death", the garrote and the glossing over the sexual assault issue (and the supposed evidence of prior sexual assault that some investigators have mentioned in the past). However, I do personally agree with the conclusion that BR was involved in and was the cause of the events that ended Jon Benet's life. The scenario that was laid out in the show makes the most sense based on all the evidence. It really is the only scenario that fits the events that occurred, the ransom note, and the fact that the Ramsey's did not support any true investigation of the house and what happened that fateful night.

In my opinion, what occurred was a tragedy - one made much worse by the ensuing cover up. I believe that the Ramsey's lives would actually have been better if they had told the truth and called 411 after JonBenet was found with the head injury. Instead, the parents created a cover up - a really bad cover-up - and used their influence and money to stymie the investigation - just to save face. (I don't believe they cared about saving Burke; I believe it was done to prevent them from the shame of having their not-so-perfect son kill their perfect daughter. Did the family really benefit from such a cover-up? In my opinion, NO. I bet that Patsy suffered from knowing the true events that her son killed her precious daughter, and ended up dead of cancer, John Ramsey has had to live with his actions for years, and Burke has never received the treatment he so desperately needs. Does Burke really have a job where he works from home? I doubt it. It's just a convenient cover-up - I know a number of people who claim they are Computer Techies/whatever who work out of their home and in reality they are jobless and unable to get and maintain a job due to mental illness, psychological problems, etc.

Does it really matter that JonBenet's murderer has never faced justice. To JonBenet, no. To her father and brother, probably not. To the rest of the world - only a few really care at this point. And we at websleuths are among the few. Like I said, this scenario makes the most sense based on how the Ramsey's reacted after JonBenet's murder.

EDITED TO ADD -- Regarding the video's shown of Burke's interviews when he was 9 years old. They were absolutely chilling. I have worked with children with Asbergers, and Burke exhibits many similarities in his behavior. His reaction to the bowl of pineapple was very telling. It's like his mind cannot go there - it's off limits.

Also - the members of the team of investigators have had a lot of experience with murder cases and examining the psychology behind crimes. If all of them have come to the same conclusion - that is also very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop