The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they did seek some kind of help then I would ask for a refund as he is still the same creepy 9 year old and bare in mind from Dr Phil he is only socially awkward and there is nothing else wrong with him. So taking that at face value then his behaviour is even creepier.
There is no cure for personality disorders no matter how much psychiatric treatment is received or how much medicine is pumped into the person.

Great post, I agree with you completely, particularly about Burkes interview being shown to us, that really didn't sit right with me. Along with the 9 year old child being made to hit the pig skin covered blonde wigged skull(just wrong! Disgusting and offensive to jonbenet and anyone that cared about her). I would guess most people watching haven't thought much about the case since the nineties, and will just take the show at face value, and so now Burke is the killer in the publics eye...

But the thing is, It's just a theory.

The experts on the show all agreed on a theory they think fits. There are a myriad of other theories that could also fit.
now Burke has been named on a prime time International tv shows as the killer, when it hasn't been proven. I think that is so unfair to him.

i have no idea who did this crime, watching the cbs doc, as someone who isn't in one 'camp' or another, it was very biased.

imo.

And I agree. Those people sitting around the table brainstorming and then saying, "so we all agree?" doesn't mean their consensus opinion is factual. They decided the flashlight is the murder weapon and Burke used it to hit JB on the head over pineapple! They're entitled to their opinion, but it may or may not be in fact the truth. There's no evidence the flashlight is the murder weapon. That's speculation. It might have been, but it could have been something else as well.

What about all the other "experts" who have completely different opinions? Everyone can't be right. But this group went too far in making their allegations sound like facts. Burke might have done it. But he might not have. And he was nine! It just feels so wrong what they did. He's a human being with feelings. Wrecking him this way in the public eye? Twisted, IMO.

Wow. Just watching the intro to Dr Phil's show today with Teri Horman. He tells her that her refusal to cooperate and talk is a bad thing. "people with nothing to hide, hide nothing".
Unbelievable. One set of homilies for everyone else, but I didn't hear him say that to BR or JR, unless I missed something.

Yes, Dr. Phil is biased against some of his guests.

I am watching it today because I want to know what the step mother has to say about Kyron. That little boys disappearance has always haunted me.

Not unlike the CBS Team of Experts, I went through the evidence hoping to find proof of an Intruder b/c thinking one of the family members did this awful stuff to JonBenet was too painful to consider.

After eliminating the Intruder, I went to JR. Found some stuff on him that wasn't pleasant but nothing deviant. He loved JonBenet.

Then, I moved on to Patsy. I found drama and beauty combined with a degree in journalism fascinating for a woman who wanted to go places in life. I latched on to the book she chose a reading from for her talent, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. There is a passage about eating pineapple and milk that was interesting since those ingredients were left on the Rs dining table. Coupled with the Twinn Doll, decorating in purple, purchasing the burial dress in November, the bed wetting, and with a few other things, I convinced myself it was PDI.

I had to eliminate BR so that my theory that PDI fit. Starting by studying every photo from the CS, noticing how untidy the basement was kept, and that feces was in 5 places of their home let me know PR was far from the perfect mother. That's when I found the adult Dr Seuss book was secreted inside the suitcase, hence, realized this was a dysfunctional family.

The fibers on JBs shirt matching the bedding in the suitcase did indicate sexual abuse but I could not, in my mind, put PR in that basement on a blue duvet with her daughter.

otg tried, in various ways, to point me in the proper direction; however, my blinders were on until the Dr Phil then the CBS Shows aired. otg, please accept my apologies for dismissing some of your findings. I hope you understand that my heart simply did not want this hideous, heinous crime to be conducted by a 9yo sibling.

Justice For JonBenet has now been served. The world knows it was her own jealous, violent, deceitful, sneaky, flesh and blood, 9yo brother. Not only that, but by going on DP, BR likely became a millionaire so he profits from his crime. Irksome.

My only grandchild was 3yr and 2 months old when she was told that she would soon become a Big Sister. We would ask, "Do you want a little brother or a little sister?" She always responded, by saying, "I want a baby dolphin." At her young age, she knew it would change the family dynamics in her perfect world. She did not want her mother to have a baby. She wanted a dolphin who would live in the sea and not with her and her parents.

I started to post the photo of JR, PR and BR, who is holding his cat, sitting on their patio in ATL where they are loving and laughing with one another yet changed my mind b/c now that photo makes me ill. How could they ignore what BR had done to their precious daughter and treat him as if he were innocent? Blah. In lieu of that particular photo, I'll share an endearing photo instead of what it looks like when you want a baby dolphin but your Mother has a beautiful baby girl instead.

M and her newborn Sister M 2011.jpg

So because Burke went on Dr Phil he has harmed his case of suing ?

That's good to know that they won't easily weasel out of this IMO

There is no cure for personality disorders no matter how much psychiatric treatment is received or how much medicine is pumped into the person.

I am pretty confident PR had a mental/personality disorder, as well. The housekeeper said she seemed to have
multiple personalities and her mood changed quite a lot right before Christmas of '96. ..

Someone had posed the question earlier as to why JR would still defend PR to this day; IMO he really loved her, she had some kind of a hold on him (patsy: jump, john: how high?) If he knew that she was mentally unstable and stressed and capable of this... I find it logical that he felt the need to "protect" PR and defend his family name. He had already lost one daughter, and by all accounts was very broken after. JR just screams "damage control".. I sincerely believe him when he said that he and Jonbenet were very close and that he would miss her dearly for the rest of his life.

With all due repsect, try not to get bogged down on details that are not significant. It is not at all important what the voices said but rather that 3 distinct voices can be heard, proving that the Ramseys lied about Burke being asleep.

This isn't the only evidence that proves they lied about him being asleep, just the one that can not be explained away by Burke's self-described duping behavior; pretending to be asleep. I heard the voices long ago, on a different enhanced tape.

If John Andrew owned a pair of HiTech hiking boots, then ask yourself why have the Ramseys consistently denied that anyone in the family owned such boots, why Lin Wood claimed on the DP show just days ago that no one in the family owned such a pair of boots and why, if JAR did own these boots, did they not tell this to LE but rather let LE investigate the source of the print, including the shoes worn by all LE in the house that morning and further allowed Lou Smit to wax on about he intruder leaving the print, all the while knowing it could have been JAR's boot?

Then do not forget that Burke admitted having a pair, albeit 20 years later.

The boot print was of course measured and it was a boy's size 12, IIRC.

BBM

This is the first time I have read that the boot was a boy's size 12. Now, if this is correct then this debunks the intruder story.

I still can't get past the doo-doo smearing/hiding/making into a softball sized chunk/wiping on her candy. If these "parents" didn't have him in therapy the first time they found a dingleberry in an inappropriate place, i.e.outside the TOILET, they are to blame for more than lying about this murder. The covering up started way back when. Or the ignoring. If JonBenet had recurrent vaginitis at 4,5,6 years old it "might" have been from her brother putting S**T in her underwear and on her sheets. Or sticking a piece in her.

I hope LW files the suit TODAY. He better have more than just his ducks in a row when BR is being prepped for cross examination, although I'm sure Dr. Phil can tranq him up for his testimony.

Another classic case of money + politicians = favors. The DA was paid off.

Not unlike the CBS Team of Experts, I went through the evidence hoping to find proof of an Intruder b/c thinking one of the family members did this awful stuff to JonBenet was too painful to consider.

After eliminating the Intruder, I went to JR. Found some stuff on him that wasn't pleasant but nothing deviant. He loved JonBenet.

Then, I moved on to Patsy. I found drama and beauty combined with a degree in journalism fascinating for a woman who wanted to go places in life. I latched on to the book she chose a reading from for her talent, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. There is a passage about eating pineapple and milk that was interesting since those ingredients were left on the Rs dining table. Coupled with the Twinn Doll, decorating in purple, purchasing the burial dress in November, the bed wetting, and with a few other things, I convinced myself it was PDI.

I had to eliminate BR so that my theory that PDI fit. Starting by studying every photo from the CS, noticing how untidy the basement was kept, and that feces was in 5 places of their home let me know PR was far from the perfect mother. That's when I found the adult Dr Seuss book was secreted inside the suitcase, hence, realized this was a dysfunctional family.

The fibers on JBs shirt matching the bedding in the suitcase did indicate sexual abuse but I could not, in my mind, put PR in that basement on a blue duvet with her daughter.

otg tried, in various ways, to point me in the proper direction; however, my blinders were on until the Dr Phil then the CBS Shows aired. otg, please accept my apologies for dismissing some of your findings. I hope you understand that my heart simply did not want this hideous, heinous crime to be conducted by a 9yo sibling.

Justice For JonBenet has now been served. The world knows it was her own jealous, violent, deceitful, sneaky, flesh and blood, 9yo brother. Not only that, but by going on DP, BR likely became a millionaire so he profits from his crime. Irksome.

My only grandchild was 3yr and 2 months old when she was told that she would soon become a Big Sister. We would ask, "Do you want a little brother or a little sister?" She always responded, by saying, "I want a baby dolphin." At her young age, she knew it would change the family dynamics in her perfect world. She did not want her mother to have a baby. She wanted a dolphin who would live in the sea and not with her and her parents.

I started to post the photo of JR, PR and BR, who is holding his cat, sitting on their patio in ATL where they are loving and laughing with one another yet changed my mind b/c now that photo makes me ill. How could they ignore what BR had done to their precious daughter and treat him as if he were innocent? Blah. In lieu of that particular photo, I'll share an endearing photo instead of what it looks like when you want a baby dolphin but your Mother has a beautiful baby girl instead.

View attachment 101753

I never wanted to believe it was Burke either. I came to that conclusion about a year and a half ago I believe, after listening to James Kolar. I had a hard time convincing myself that BRs smile at his sisters funeral Wasn't because he was so pleased he now had his parents all to himself.

I would imagine he stayed with the neighbors, the Barnhart's, where he lived. When JonBenet wanted to see her dog she went over there to visit him. Patsy said he lived there because they traveled so often but I've had the thought that maybe Burke was cruel to him.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bur...-jonbenet-plans-to-sue-cbs-over-false-attack/

Burke Ramsey Says He Didn’t Kill JonBenét, Plans to Sue CBS Over ‘False’ Attack
September 21st, 2016

"The recent special, “The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey,” which aired on CBS earlier this week, has drawn widespread attention for exploring the 20-year-old unsolved mystery of the 6-year-old girl’s death. In the show, investigators examined evidence and came to the conclusion that JonBenét’s brother Burke Ramsey, who was 9 at the time, was the likely culprit. While not everyone bought into the theory that the boy killed his little sister — perhaps by accident — , and then his parents covered it up to protect him, it’s gotten a lot of people talking.
Now, L. Lin Wood, attorney for the Ramsey family, says he’s going to sue CBS on Burke’s behalf. According to a statement obtained by LawNewz.com, Wood said that “CBS perpetrated a fraud on its viewers – there was no new investigation by the phony TV ‘experts.’ CBS intentionally avoided and ignored the truth of the mass of evidence..”
But how strong of a case would Burke Ramsey have against CBS?
To succeed in a defamation case against CBS, Ramsey would have to prove:

1. That the statements in question were false.
  2. They were made publicly.
  3. The statements were CBS’s fault.
  4. The statements caused him harm.
On top of those elements, Harvard Law Professor John Goldberg said that because Ramsey has spoken about the case, like he did in an interview with Dr. Phil, a court would likely consider him a ““limited purpose public figure.” This means that when it comes to statements made about Burke in connection to the case, he would be considered a public figure, which carries an additional burden.
Goldberg said, “Burke could only prevail on a defamation claim against CBS or the investigators by proving not only that the allegations against him are false, but also that CBS and/or the investigators either KNEW that they were false when they made them, or were RECKLESS with regard to the truth or falsity of the allegations.” By contrast, a non-public figure would not have to prove this.
Additionally, the theory that Burke killed his sister was the expressed opinion of the investigators on the show. First Amendment attorney Floyd Abrams (father of LawNewz.com‘s founder), said that “an opinion, clearly denominated as such, on stated facts,” would probably be legally protected. Abrams also said that it may not be in the Ramseys’ best interest to sue, because it would open them up to all sorts of questions at trial.
After Wood announced his plans to sue, the network told Reuters, “CBS stands by the broadcast and will do so in court.”

Doesn't Lin Wood file lawsuits and get the money when the person sued settles the case instead of going to court? I wonder if CBS is ready for a fight and will take this all the way to court because they know many things will come out from Burke or JR during the trial. If anybody wants this to go away it is Lin Wood, Burke and JR. CBS has plenty of money and there is no doubt everythng showed in the two night special was run by their legal department and many attorneys approved the airing of the shows.

I hope LW files the suit TODAY. He better have more than just his ducks in a row when BR is being prepped for cross examination, although I'm sure Dr. Phil can tranq him up for his testimony.

Another classic case of money + politicians = favors. The DA was paid off.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I hope it is already filed, and I hope CBS will take it to court and finish the Ramseys once and for all..

I'm just a bit curious how it would play out since Dr P is ON CBS...... seems like it should be a conflict and if Dr. P is so 'loyal' to BR and LW, maybe he and CBS should part ways... oh wait.. that would cut into his $$$.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bur...-jonbenet-plans-to-sue-cbs-over-false-attack/

Burke Ramsey Says He Didn’t Kill JonBenét, Plans to Sue CBS Over ‘False’ Attack
September 21st, 2016

"The recent special, “The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey,” which aired on CBS earlier this week, has drawn widespread attention for exploring the 20-year-old unsolved mystery of the 6-year-old girl’s death. In the show, investigators examined evidence and came to the conclusion that JonBenét’s brother Burke Ramsey, who was 9 at the time, was the likely culprit. While not everyone bought into the theory that the boy killed his little sister — perhaps by accident — , and then his parents covered it up to protect him, it’s gotten a lot of people talking.
Now, L. Lin Wood, attorney for the Ramsey family, says he’s going to sue CBS on Burke’s behalf. According to a statement obtained by LawNewz.com, Wood said that “CBS perpetrated a fraud on its viewers – there was no new investigation by the phony TV ‘experts.’ CBS intentionally avoided and ignored the truth of the mass of evidence..”
But how strong of a case would Burke Ramsey have against CBS?
To succeed in a defamation case against CBS, Ramsey would have to prove:

1. That the statements in question were false.
  2. They were made publicly.
  3. The statements were CBS’s fault.
  4. The statements caused him harm.
On top of those elements, Harvard Law Professor John Goldberg said that because Ramsey has spoken about the case, like he did in an interview with Dr. Phil, a court would likely consider him a ““limited purpose public figure.” This means that when it comes to statements made about Burke in connection to the case, he would be considered a public figure, which carries an additional burden.
Goldberg said, “Burke could only prevail on a defamation claim against CBS or the investigators by proving not only that the allegations against him are false, but also that CBS and/or the investigators either KNEW that they were false when they made them, or were RECKLESS with regard to the truth or falsity of the allegations.” By contrast, a non-public figure would not have to prove this.
Additionally, the theory that Burke killed his sister was the expressed opinion of the investigators on the show. First Amendment attorney Floyd Abrams (father of LawNewz.com‘s founder), said that “an opinion, clearly denominated as such, on stated facts,” would probably be legally protected. Abrams also said that it may not be in the Ramseys’ best interest to sue, because it would open them up to all sorts of questions at trial.
After Wood announced his plans to sue, the network told Reuters, “CBS stands by the broadcast and will do so in court.”

I am sure CBS had crossed all their T's and dotted all their I's before airing that show. Hence, could be the reason why it is was only aired with 4 hours instead of the originally planned 6 hours. LW and BR could open up a can of worms if they go forward for both BR and JR that they do not need opened. ALOT of questions would have to addressed. IMHO

I loved your post, DeDee. Thank you.

TeaTime, you have put words and meaning to all of the random bullet points that are floating in my head this week. Thank you.

Thanks to all the posters on all these sub-threads!!

Tricia, otg, and acandyrose, my biggest thanks to you guys. Honestly, I don't know if we would be where we are 20 years later without the work all three of you have done.

:loveyou:

This week has been cathartic, to say the least.

DeDee
your pic
of your gd and not a dolphin baby
oh so adorable
too cute

A couple of quick questions..

1. Why has Lin Wood not already sued James Kolar four years ago when his book was released?

2. Didn't CBS plan their show first? Prior to team Ramsey flocking in for "damage control?"

I am pretty confident PR had a mental/personality disorder, as well. The housekeeper said she seemed to have
multiple personalities and her mood changed quite a lot right before Christmas of '96. ..

Someone had posed the question earlier as to why JR would still defend PR to this day; IMO he really loved her, she had some kind of a hold on him (patsy: jump, john: how high?) If he knew that she was mentally unstable and stressed and capable of this... I find it logical that he felt the need to "protect" PR and defend his family name. He had already lost one daughter, and by all accounts was very broken after. JR just screams "damage control".. I sincerely believe him when he said that he and Jonbenet were very close and that he would miss her dearly for the rest of his life.

I wonder how many years had passed from the time of PR's last ovarian cancer treatment and JonBenet's death? After having my husband go through chemo for colon cancer last year, I could see a shift in his personality. And although he hasn't had chemo in about 8 months, he still has "chemo brain", which is a real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove