The Chill Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just stopping in to let everyone know, I have been in the process of moving and now I seem to have got strep throat.... Laid up in bed for the next week is where i will be. I haven't forgotten about you guys though!!! TTYS!

I'm sorry that you are sick : (( Feel better soon! I hope the move is a good thing for you!

No where else to put this really but here.

Today we had the unpleasurable "pleasure" of driving thru NYC, Manhattan and The Bronks and Queens. Mind you, I don't want to insult anyone that lives there, but what a "shythole'

I grew up in the shytiest part of Milwaukee WI. and this was it... tenfold!

Uggh!

I saw a port authority sign and wondered if it was the same place discussed in this case. I kept thinking how easy it would be to get "gone" there!

I was once mugged for my purse,my nose broken, several thugs and me fighting for my purse (on the way home from a resteraunt I worked at)

It was a busy street (North Ave) well lit across from a busy gas station. So many people HAD to have seen it. Hello I was struggling in the curb on the busy street off the sidewalk, when one of them finally punched me in the nose!

Did ANYONE stop and help?

Hello no.

When I called the cops they took the report and I fully expected them to run down the alley that I saw the guys flee down and find the bad guys. :/

What a joke! They had better things to do.

I wouldn't doubt that somebody saw something ( in regards to maybe MMB) and just went on @ there business! Like it never even happened. SMDH!

What did the thugs get? $13 in tips I had made that night, my Id (which was impossible to replace without my birth certificate ( which was also in my purse ) make up (which costs a pretty penny on a waitress salary) Way before my stint in the "business" .

To me it was worth fighting for!

Anyway, my point is that in a city like NY or even in my case Milwaukee...good luck getting the average citizens to give a shyt enough to come forth with info on a crime!

What did the thugs get? $13 in tips I had made that night, my Id (which was impossible to replace without my birth certificate ( which was also in my purse ) make up (which costs a pretty penny on a waitress salary) Way before my stint in the "business" .

To me it was worth fighting for!

Anyway, my point is that in a city like NY or even in my case Milwaukee...good luck getting the average citizens to give a shyt enough to come forth with info on a crime!
You bring up a good point, in many parts of NYC the ol "nobody hear nuthin, nobody see nuthin, nobody know nuthin" is still quite prevalent ... combine this with the "snitches get stitches" menality and nobody will even look at the cops muchless give a tip on a crime they witnessed.

Sorry to hear about your story an your injuries from the mugging. I know nowadays we are encouraged to give up our money, cell phones, wallets, purses, etc to a criminal but I believe that just encourages them to keep on committing crimes, more people should fight back. Although they ended up with your purse maybe those thugs thought twice about mugging anymore women after you ... "gee maybe the next lady we mug will be stronger than me" or "pull a gun and totally screw up my day"

in honor of human rights....and the fact that the gb4 were women and shannan was a woman....
i don't know if this is the right thread.....the chill thread.....

but i'm a HUGE advocate for human rights...and this is a conference going on RIGHT NOW with WOMEN LEADERS discussing human rights!!!!!!!

here is a link to a conference on women in the world discussing human rights.

The Women of the World Conference will take place tonight and tomorrow night at Lincoln Center in NYC and provides an exciting and powerful summit centered on vivid journalistic storytelling and featuring inspiring women and men from diverse cultures and backgrounds. From CEOs and world leaders to artists, activists and firebrand dissidents, we tell the stories of the courageous and intelligent women who are battling the status quo in their countries, picking up the pieces in the aftermath of war and shattering glass ceilings in every sector.

Participants include Meryl Streep, The Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Brown, Dr. Hawa Abdi, Tererai Trent, Ambassador Susan E. Rice, Eva Longoria, Barkha Dutt, Ping Fu, Michaela DePrince, Ambassador Melanne Verveer, Diane von Furstenberg, Tom Hanks, Anne Finucane, America Ferrera, Susana Trimarco, Sara Blakely, Angelina Jolie, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Cynthia McFadden, Ai-jen Poo, Julie Hamp, Patricia Amira, and many more inspiring women and men to be announced soon.

Watch the LiveStream Here: http://new.livestream.com/dailybeast/womenintheworld

I would LOVE to take part in something like that! Maybe one day! Sincere thanks for sharing TKAM.

However it sounds like most of the participants (stars) (bless their heart for caring) have no real world experience. I get that. Who would want to attend if it were just "regular" people with real life experience?

Where's the closest bar???

I need a quadruple...

And make it snappy...

:pullhair:

:drink:

:censored:

View attachment 32196

Maybe a bit OT, certainly not a "chill topic " but rather that start a Boston Marathon thread here within LISK. (Similar to the Hurricane thread, unless people think it's apporopriate then, by all means, we should) I wanted to pay my respects here too. LI being neighbors and all with Boston.

God Bless and comfort AMEN

I just spent 28 hours in front of a Boston police scanner listening to the drama unfold as it happened. My mind is sincerely blown, and I think I am in shock. I was so drawn into it, I forgot all about anything else on the web... Now that it's over (Thankfully, but...) ... I'm kinda like "Now what?"

Always something new to blow my mind. I need a breather. I hope all of you are well. Seems like we aren't getting any new info on the case.... I'm going to go catch up now. :)

Needed a break myself after the intense drama unfolding in Boston AND Texas!

Stumbled on this thread.

Everyone has an airheaded moment or 20!

:floorlaugh:

Need a good belly laugh?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206141"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Seriously ROFLMAO!

...I think I let some cases bother me too much. How does one stop that aside from completely pulling away?

...I think I let some cases bother me too much. How does one stop that aside from completely pulling away?

Don't get too involved with any one case. Expand your circle. Don't stay stuck in one place, esp. when you realize that you are going nowhere but in dizzying circles!

Then, come back with fresh eyes after seeing other things. JMHO

Don't get too involved with any one case. Expand your circle. Don't stay stuck in one place, esp. when you realize that you are going nowhere but in dizzying circles!

Then, come back with fresh eyes after seeing other things. JMHO

Thanks Justice.

<3

Am I the only person that not only feels bad for victims, but for the bad guy as well. I mean, I think of the victims, but I can't help but hang on the "bad guy"... Wonder what went wrong, and then feel bad for them. I'm not speaking on any one case in particular, but even with the Boston Marathon... I feel really terrible for all the victims, but, for some odd reason I feel for the bad guys as well. My friend said it's actually a great quality to have and speaks volumes in itself, but I can't help but feel 'against' my own feelings. That is why I tend to 'disappear' from the cases I join here. Too much feeling bad about someone being bad.

Dropping by again for a check in. I've stayed away from the EL thread. Been to several others that need a chill thread.

I see we are still waiting for the court hearing to start after several delays.

Don't know what's new around here so I have to go take a look around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back