The Crime Scene and Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a feeling that the perps had planned this elaborate staging, and somehow Teresa took them by surprise. Maybe by fighting back, or briefly getting away. It's just the vibe I get from the crime scene, like they wanted it to look like a burglary but then s**t happened and they had to get out of there. Good for her if that's what happened. I'd love to think that in her final moments she was able to make them panic a little.

Didn't BS say that the makeup in the bathroom was on the floor?

I'm not sure if she found the makeup on Sunday or Saturday. At one point in the interview she states that she found the makeup on the floor on Sunday. But she also states that she picked up the makeup and put it in a basket by the tub. And then explains that the next day she moved the makeup from the tub area to the counter where TS kept the rest of her makeup.
Bates 5372

I have a feeling that the perps had planned this elaborate staging, and somehow Teresa took them by surprise. Maybe by fighting back, or briefly getting away. It's just the vibe I get from the crime scene, like they wanted it to look like a burglary but then s**t happened and they had to get out of there. Good for her if that's what happened. I'd love to think that in her final moments she was able to make them panic a little.
I think they wanted it to look like a burglary too...even the part where they used the utility sink to clean up afterward...because as we all know...burglars
always take their time...make themselves at home...use the facilities etc ...LOL....NOT Gosh these guys were idiots...

But... cruel, depraved and murderous idiots. I think that makes them even more dangerous.

But, if the house were staged before BS visited, wouldn't she notice? Obvious changes in the house, in conjunction with the alarm being off when she arrived Sunday morning, most likely have would caused her to call the police. I would have been suspicious of the alarm being off when I knew I had armed it last visit and if I then went into the house and saw anything different I'd back out quickly and call 911.
I assume LE would have shown some of these photos to her and asked her if things looked different from the last time she was there. :dunno: maybe. I still haven't been through every file, yet!

Here is the thing about staging. Detectives have worked crime scenes and part of it is knowledge, part instinct, but they KNOW when a crime scene is staged. There are things we pick up on, cause we put the ole eagle eye on the crime scene pics.

Criminals think they are so smart. Example: overturned lamp or plant to purposefully appear like a struggle. Move a chair, or table, to appear like a robbery. Because them criminals are so smart and all that.

The detectives are all over the staging part of this crime.

Here is the thing about staging. Detectives have worked crime scenes and part of it is knowledge, part instinct, but they KNOW when a crime scene is staged. There are things we pick up on, cause we put the ole eagle eye on the crime scene pics.

Criminals think they are so smart. Example: overturned lamp or plant to purposefully appear like a struggle. Move a chair, or table, to appear like a robbery. Because them criminals are so smart and all that.

The detectives are all over the staging part of this crime.

I agree with you. I have no doubt it was staged, I just meant that it was staged after BS had visited, otherwise she'd have alerted and called the police at that time. :) It's hard to pick the most stupid thing they did, but right up there is not taking any valuables like any criminal would. To me, it couldn't be anything other than a sole objective to murder. Shortsighted to not steal anything. It almost seemed like children trying to stage a scene in a school play: a hammer here, a hammer there, pry marks on doors... but nothing stolen? Idiots.

I'm not sure if she found the makeup on Sunday or Saturday. At one point in the interview she states that she found the makeup on the floor on Sunday. But she also states that she picked up the makeup and put it in a basket by the tub. And then explains that the next day she moved the makeup from the tub area to the counter where TS kept the rest of her makeup.
Bates 5372

I read it like she found it on Saturday, she picked it up and put it one side of the tub. Then on Sunday, she removed it from the tub area and put in on top of the counter.

But now on Sunday, she also saw a washcloth on the kitchen floor, and just figured the dogs "found it somewhere." She left it there because she didn't know where to put it. I remember thinking maybe MS's friends accidently dropped it as they hurried to get out that morning?

I agree with you. I have no doubt it was staged, I just meant that it was staged after BS had visited, otherwise she'd have alerted and called the police at that time. :) It's hard to pick the most stupid thing they did, but right up there is not taking any valuables like any criminal would. To me, it couldn't be anything other than a sole objective to murder. Shortsighted to not steal anything. It almost seemed like children trying to stage a scene in a school play: a hammer here, a hammer there, pry marks on doors... but nothing stolen? Idiots.

I just don't get what LE thinks the scene was "obviously staged" to LOOK like. I mean, it doesn't make sense to say that a murder for hire by the husband was staged as a murder for hire by the husband. But what was supposedly "staged" to look like anything different?? Just the side door being pried open as far as I can tell. But that's not staging "before, during and after" the crime.... :thinking:

I just don't get what LE thinks the scene was "obviously staged" to LOOK like. I mean, it doesn't make sense to say that a murder for hire by the husband was staged as a murder for hire by the husband. But what was supposedly "staged" to look like anything different?? Just the side door being pried open as far as I can tell. But that's not staging "before, during and after" the crime.... :thinking:

I imagine there are hold-outs that have not been released which may suggest staging, especially because of SMS's confidence with which he stated the crime scene was staged. MOO.

Based on the photos of the hammer found near TS's body and the investigators' continued efforts to locate a weapon or weapons used in the crime, my opinion is that that hammer either was not used to kill Teresa or was not the only weapon used to kill Teresa. So leaving it there in addition to leaving another under her car in the garage were staging.

Additionally, scattering TS's wallet, receipts, earbuds, bottles, and phone appears to have been staging in that it was an attempt to make it look like it happened during the murder to leave the impression they were after her valuables. Obviously staged since they took nothing even though there was plenty around the house to take. The lack of spatter on those items indicates they were scattered after the murder, not before or during.

The damage to the side door is obvious staging in its very nature, IMO. The amount of force necessary to fracture the core of the door would not have been needed to force the door open with the deadbolt disengaged. The door latch would have popped out before the door would fracture, IMO. I think it's possible that the pry marks were inflicted while deadbolt was engaged and then a key was use to unlock and open the door.

Based on the photos of the hammer found near TS's body and the investigators' continued efforts to locate a weapon or weapons used in the crime, my opinion is that that hammer either was not used to kill Teresa or was not the only weapon used to kill Teresa. So leaving it there in addition to leaving another under her car in the garage were staging.

Additionally, scattering TS's wallet, receipts, earbuds, bottles, and phone appears to have been staging in that it was an attempt to make it look like it happened during the murder to leave the impression they were after her valuables. Obviously staged since they took nothing even though there was plenty around the house to take. The lack of spatter on those items indicates they were scattered after the murder, not before or during.

The damage to the side door is obvious staging in its very nature, IMO. The amount of force necessary to fracture the core of the door would not have been needed to force the door open with the deadbolt disengaged. The door latch would have popped out before the door would fracture, IMO. I think it's possible that the pry marks were inflicted while deadbolt was engaged and then a key was use to unlock and open the door.

I noticed that the hammer was only bloody on one side. When it was turned over, there was no blood. I wonder if it was just placed there after the crime? Or just used once after death to get blood and hair or just laid by a clump of hair?

I noticed that the hammer was only bloody on one side. When it was turned over, there was no blood. I wonder if it was just placed there after the crime? Or just used once after death to get blood and hair or just laid by a clump of hair?
I noticed that too, but could not put together why that would happen? Maybe the origin of that hammer is important.

I agree totally, MS hired 2 guys to murder his wife, period. The other thing I'm so upset about is, why are they allowing to claim TS had affairs and in more detail than that? What in the hell does that have to do with a murder for hire? A reason she needed to be murdered,? I don't even believe anything about that!! Are there going to be 250 witnesses come out of the woodwork and say she had affairs with them all?? He's a lying SOB and I am angry at the police that he is not in jail. There's absolutely NO excuse for that. HE HIRED THEM TO MURDER HIS WIFE, they've already said that, NOW, get on with it!!

I noticed that too, but could not put together why that would happen? Maybe the origin of that hammer is important.
I also noticed that all or most of the splatter was 18 inches from the bottom of the refrigerator,meaning on lower part of frige, so those heathens proceeded to get her the most when she was down. Makes me sick!!

I imagine there are hold-outs that have not been released which may suggest staging, especially because of SMS's confidence with which he stated the crime scene was staged. MOO.
MS is responsible for ALL of the staging, HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL!! If it wasn't for him planning the murder of TS, then the other 2 wouldn't have "staged" anything, just saying.

What do you mean by continuing effort to locate weapons used in the crime? If you just mean that was a category listed in search warrants, that doesn't mean much to me. It's on all the forms pre-filled out. Nobody wants to restrict their search by removing a common category of items from the search warrant, and if you have a "weapons" category then at least you can explain why you have to look everywhere a weapon might fit--and then if you find a firearm and the searchee is a prohibited possessor, you have something you can hold them for...but I digress.

As far as the hammers go, what would be the point of making it look like you used a hammer if you didn't? Again, what is the staging supposed to suggest to LE? Unless you were trying to set up JR "The Hammer" lol. In which case you could also make sure he took his regular cell phone and connected with it to the GPS unit in your rental car...but I digress again lol.

And the "scattering" of valuables without taking any of them suggests to me the opposite of a burglar looking for valuables. It suggests a person dropping items in a struggle with a murderer who didn't give a crap about her valuables. But I see what you mean about the lack of blood spatter on the items. So again, why stage the scene to look MORE like what it really was?? It's as if they were saying to LE, "We want to be sure you notice that there was plenty of stuff to steal and we didn't take any of it, because we were just here for one reason, which was to kill TS."

The side door does seem like staging. But if you're going to stage a "burglary gone bad," why not actually finish doing that? Take some stuff, kill the victim in a less personal and bloody way, etc.? Possibly not turn off the alarm using a code given to a family member?

What do you mean by continuing effort to locate weapons used in the crime? If you just mean that was a category listed in search warrants, that doesn't mean much to me. It's on all the forms pre-filled out. Nobody wants to restrict their search by removing a common category of items from the search warrant, and if you have a "weapons" category then at least you can explain why you have to look everywhere a weapon might fit--and then if you find a firearm and the searchee is a prohibited possessor, you have something you can hold them for...but I digress.

As far as the hammers go, what would be the point of making it look like you used a hammer if you didn't? Again, what is the staging supposed to suggest to LE? Unless you were trying to set up JR "The Hammer" lol. In which case you could also make sure he took his regular cell phone and connected with it to the GPS unit in your rental car...but I digress again lol.

And the "scattering" of valuables without taking any of them suggests to me the opposite of a burglar looking for valuables. It suggests a person dropping items in a struggle with a murderer who didn't give a crap about her valuables. But I see what you mean about the lack of blood spatter on the items. So again, why stage the scene to look MORE like what it really was?? It's as if they were saying to LE, "We want to be sure you notice that there was plenty of stuff to steal and we didn't take any of it, because we were just here for one reason, which was to kill TS."

The side door does seem like staging. But if you're going to stage a "burglary gone bad," why not actually finish doing that? Take some stuff, kill the victim in a less personal and bloody way, etc.? Possibly not turn off the alarm using a code given to a family member?

What is your theory as to what happened and why the crime was committed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back