The Crime Scene and Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm fairly new to this case and don't know if this has been discussed - I'm very curious about the security system. How did they get in without setting off the alarms? Wouldn't they be worried about setting them off - unless they knew how to disable them?

I'm fairly new to this case and don't know if this has been discussed - I'm very curious about the security system. How did they get in without setting off the alarms? Wouldn't they be worried about setting them off - unless they knew how to disable them?

A Family member, Duntulum(unverified) posted that the alarm was off prior to TS arriving home. Possibly as early as Saturday.
He said, without going into detail , that the fact it was off was irrelevant to the case

He stated that the two arrested did not turn it off

A Family member, Duntulum(unverified) posted that the alarm was off prior to TS arriving home. Possibly as early as Saturday.
He said, without going into detail , that the fact it was off was irrelevant to the case

But how would they know it was off? How would they know that if they jimmied open a door, a blaring alarm might not go off or a security/police officer arrive on the scene within minutes?

But how would they know it was off? How would they know that if they jimmied open a door, a blaring alarm might not go off or a security/police officer arrive on the scene within minutes?

Good question.
One I do not have an answer to

I notice that information has also been published in the media, where MS allegedly says it may have been his mother who accidently left it off. http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30013123/sievers-family-friend-sheds-new-light-on-homes-security-system#.VfxPx_ldV8E

But you don't travel from Missouri to Florida to break into a home on the off chance someone will have forgotten to turn on the alarm.

This insistence by MS and his friends that it's 'irrelevant' is very suspicious, of course it's relevant.

And why didn't TS turn it back on? She's staying alone in the house, I imagine she'd set the alarm when she got in. Why have all that security if you feel so safe in the home that you don't bother using it?

I notice that information has also been published in the media, where MS allegedly says it may have been his mother who accidently left it off. http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30013123/sievers-family-friend-sheds-new-light-on-homes-security-system#.VfxPx_ldV8E

But you don't travel from Missouri to Florida to break into a home on the off chance someone will have forgotten to turn on the alarm.

This insistence by MS and his friends that it's 'irrelevant' is very suspicious, of course it's relevant.

I don't see it as suspicious .
Duntulum posted what he/she knows
As a member of the family, I am sure he/she is privy to much more information than we are.
He/she is just repeating what they have been told
This person did not elaborate.

Now, do I find it odd and unusual that the alarm was disarmed no more than a day before TS was murdered?
Rather odd to me.

Either these two have amazing luck or inside information

But , CWW was a talented tech guy who had access to the computers.
Is it possible for him to have found out the alarm was not set?
Is it possible he (CWW) was equipped to disarm it anyway?

And why didn't TS turn it back on? She's staying alone in the house, I imagine she'd set the alarm when she got in. Why have all that security if you feel so safe in the home that you don't bother using it?

Some feel she was attacked as she entered the house
This is all speculation of course

I didn't know that. Thanks. However...

Knowing the Sievers family was out of town, wouldn't Wright and Rodgers naturally assume the security system was "on" and therefore still cut its wires to disable it?

For Wright and Rodgers to break into a house without first disabling the home's security system reeks of having inside information. Then again, Wright and Rodgers still may have had that inside information (wink, wink) but cut the wires in an effort to make it look like they didn't have that inside information. ;)

Something fishy going on.

Knowing the Sievers family was out of town, wouldn't Wright and Rodgers naturally assume the security system was "on" and therefore still cut its wires to disable it?

For Wright and Rodgers to break into a house without first disabling the home's security system reeks of having inside information. Then again, Wright and Rodgers still may have had that inside information (wink, wink) but cut the wires in an effort to make it look like they didn't have that inside information. ;)

I may be proven wrong, but i think they lucked out
I also think they were fully prepared to deal with the alarm if need be.
I don't believe any wires were cut, it has never been said

I could be very very wrong
Won't be the first time :blushing:

I notice that information has also been published in the media, where MS allegedly says it may have been his mother who accidently left it off. http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30013123...w-light-on-homes-security-system#.VfxPx_ldV8E

Obviously, the alarm being off IS relevant to the case. The point that had been made was that the reason that the alarm was off, as far as we knew, was not a result of anything done by the two suspects. (It truly may have been accidentally off.) In other words, since we had been privy to some information regarding the alarm and we knew that neither of the suspects tripped/cut/remotely shut off the alarm, whatever, the speculation about the suspects' involvement in the alarm being off could be irrelevant.

Obviously, the alarm being off IS relevant to the case. The point that had been made was that the reason that the alarm was off, as far as we knew, was not a result of anything done by the two suspects. (It truly may have been accidentally off.) In other words, since we had been privy to some information regarding the alarm and we knew that neither of the suspects tripped/cut/remotely shut off the alarm, whatever, the speculation about the suspects' involvement in the alarm being off could be irrelevant.

Thank you very much for offering some clarity here for us. My best thoughts go out to you and your family, Duntulum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the investigation in regard to the crime scene- I want most to know who came upon it and made that initial 911 call.

Some feel she was attacked as she entered the house
This is all speculation of course

So they were lying in wait for hours for her to come home - unless CWW had access to her plane ticket and knew when she'd arrive? Or quizzed his friend MS about it in casual conversation..."O so Theresa's going home earlier than you, is she? When exactly does her flight arrive?"

So they were lying in wait for hours for her to come home - unless CWW had access to her plane ticket and knew when she'd arrive? Or quizzed his friend MS about it in casual conversation..."O so Theresa's going home earlier than you, is she? When exactly does her flight arrive?"

Couldn't say
Don't know where they were or how long they were there
There is so very much that we don't know
Maybe he quizzed a co-worker
Maybe it was discussed at the office
Maybe MS told him
All JMO

That is an excellent question, Wing Ding!. Fishy is right. That brings me to another thought. With technology today, can't some alarm systems be turned off electronically via a smart phone or pc? Wouldn't it be telling if we learn the alarm was turned off that way? SMS seemed to hint that digital footprints were especially important in this case. My speculation only, of course.

That is an excellent question, Wing Ding!. Fishy is right. That brings me to another thought. With technology today, can't some alarm systems be turned off electronically via a smart phone or pc? Wouldn't it be telling if we learn the alarm was turned off that way? SMS seemed to hint that digital footprints were especially important in this case. My speculation only, of course.

But it appears that it was not turned off that way

POST # 182

Thank you very much for offering some clarity here for us. My best thoughts go out to you and your family, Duntulum.

The statement that Mark allegedly made to Todd Lifka that he was concerned his mother may have failed to arm the security system or inadvertently disarmed it is potentially incriminating. It indicates his knowledge that Teresa had no opportunity to arm the system herself, suggesting that she was indeed ambushed by an assailant or assailants already inside.

How would he have that knowledge? There are two possibilities: a leak from the investigation or personal involvement. IMO, the sheriff and his personnel have displayed professionalism, making a leak less likely. This is a detail that has significant evidentiary value and should be kept secret because, outside of investigators, the only persons who would know it are the killers.

The statement that Mark allegedly made to Todd Lifka that he was concerned his mother may have failed to arm the security system or inadvertently disarmed it is potentially incriminating. It indicates his knowledge that Teresa had no opportunity to arm the system herself, suggesting that she was indeed ambushed by an assailant or assailants already inside.

How would he have that knowledge? There are two possibilities: a leak from the investigation or personal involvement. IMO, the sheriff and his personnel have displayed professionalism, making a leak less likely. This is a detail that has significant evidentiary value and should be kept secret because, outside of investigators, the only persons who would know it are the killers.

But couldn't it just say that when investigators went to the security company, they stated that the alarm had been off since the day before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back