The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny pash flashbacks .. Must. Shut. Out.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 6m
Nigel: Gerard and Allison were very private, asked them not to visit without calling first. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m
Nigel: We were always welcome in their home. #badenclay

Yeah, as long as you called first .. so Allison had the option of saying she'd be out.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 4m
Nigel: we would go to their house and the curtains would be drawn and Allison would be on the couch. #badenclay

Hiding probably.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Nigel: we would go to their house and the curtains would be drawn and Allison would be on the couch. #badenclay

Now that is a lie!! No woman in their right minds would stay on the couch whilst those two drove up the driveway!!!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s
Nigel says he thinks the police were contacted about 7.15am. #badenclay

Doc what if they were given it without them knowing? For instance in a drink or mixed in with something sweet. We simply don't know as I don't think the girls were tested.

But when my kids were young they slept through everything including sudden wind gusts slamming doors right next to their heads and parties held in the house. Once asleep I could move them in and out cars, nothing could wake them. All without drugs, just a bedtime story and a song :). Not all my friends were so lucky.

Didn't they have Mince for dinner that night? Isn't it supposed to be sweet?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s

Nigel: Gerard was anxious. He was worried about his wife. He was worried she'd gone ... she hadn't come home. #badenclay

Defence asks whether Gerard was contacting other people. Nigel says he doesn't think so. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s
Nigel: Gerard was anxious. He was worried about his wife. He was worried she'd gone ... she hadn't come home. #badenclay
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s
Defence asks whether Gerard was contacting other people. Nigel says he doesn't think so. #badenclay

Nigel: Allison broke down when she told Elaine she had depression. Went to see a GP and was referred on for treatment #badenclay

So did they turn up unannounced?

Looks like he didn't call before going to me. Rude man.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Nigel says he went back home after police arrived. At 10am he heard one of the girls wanted to come home from school so he picked her up.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times

ate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Nigel says he went back home after police arrived. At 10am he heard one of the girls wanted to come home from school so he picked her up.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
The court is adjourning for the day. We won't be back til Monday. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s

*doubletake*

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

The court is adjourning for the day. We won't be back til Monday. #badenclay

As if you'd call your parents that soon, honestly .. if that was me and I was Gerald having an affair and knowing my wife was going to a conference that day where my mistress was going to be, I'd assume she'd decided to leave me 'holding the baby' for the day and had left me in the lurch. There's no way I'd think my wife was genuinely missing so soon.

I've always had a problem how quickly he reported Allison missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s
Nigel says Gerard and Allison were a private couple. He says early on, he and his wife were asked to phone first before visiting. #badenclay

Huh. I can imagine that pair turning up on the doorstep and interfering. Grrr I'd hate that. I hate "pop in" visits!!!!!!!

Well old' Nige certainly comes across as arrogant :facepalm:

Huh. I can imagine that pair turning up on the doorstep and interfering. Grrr I'd hate that. I hate "pop in" visits!!!!!!!

I'm used to it - my mother-in-law lives right next door... There have been a couple of "moments" in the bathroom. And she moves like a ghost - can't hear her at all. She just materializes.

But I'm wondering why the prosecution doesn't start putting Nigel on the spot, and asking him a few tough questions? Or maybe we've got it all wrong all along, and it's just a perceived personality thing?

Now he's got three days to discuss the previous evidence with his wife, and to consider what else he is likely to be asked.

out for coffee??? to tell her Toni's instructions re the conference, perhaps?? or to tell her, like he told Toni he was going to that he was selling the business and leaving Alison??

being told that in a public place.. very nifty , Ger.....
Hang on, didn't Toni contact Gerard on the Thursday to speak about e conference but not beforehand?

I wonder if all these screams and calling out will amount to something. I hope anyone who was responsible for the noises, if not Allison, comes forward. :please:

The thing with noises can be confusing I think. For example, I live in a very quiet area too, and late at night when all is quiet in our house, I can hear a freight train at least 4 km away. But, when we are all doing the usual family stuff inside, eating dinner, people talking, TV on etc, I honestly wouldn't hear someone screaming on the road at the front of our house. I think is could be why some neighbours reported hearing noises and some didn't ( not saying I necessarily think they all relate to Allison).

Hi everyone. Phew! Things were moving along so fast this afternoon, I had no time at all to check the board or hit refresh in between posting tweets. I'm really sorry if I've doubled up and I know I missed a few tweet updates here and there. Not that familiar with tweeting protocol either, but I hope that at least some of what I've posted was ok and made sense. Massive thanks to others who posted and especially those who were in court. Biggest thanks goes to Marly, who was lightning-fast with answers to questions and always moderates with empathy and wisdom. Right, I'm off now to re-visit all that happened today on here and read comments from others that I will have missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985