The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm still catching up but this is just ridiculous! So what are the defence trying to say, that the same type of plants as those found in Allison's hair (and were also found to be growing at her house), floated down the creek and entangled themselves in her hair? Seriously?? Well the majority of the plant species found in her hair did not come from the creek area, so obviously they floated down the river and jumped into Allison's hair! :banghead:

Absolutely agree on that Makara!!

The beautiful Crepe Myrtle is going to bring him undone.

They're not a common tree, they don't have a habit at all of springing up in the wild like many other trees such as Jacaranda, Poinciana, Leopard Tree.

It's preposterous they're even going there.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Byrne says Gerard told them he'd had an affair and Toni wouldn't be returning. Says Gerard was relieved it was in the open. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard even told the school principal he'd had an affair but was "back with his wife". #badenclay

Then why ask the police officer at the command post to keep his voice down?

Mr Byrne said neither of them talked to family or even their close friends about it.

“Allison told him that if he was prepared to recommit to the relationship then she would as well and over the next few months things improved,” he said.

Mr Byrne said the pair began communicating more and he had no contact with Ms McHugh.

“He’ll say that, however, around Christmas, he felt he needed to say to Toni that he didn’t hate her and he was sorry and so they met for coffee… it’s not your fault, it’s mine and you shouldn’t be down about this but they continued after that, not regularly, they continued to have some contact,” he said.

He said the business was “beginning to turn the corner” but “far from out of the woods” in Baden-Clay’s mind.

Mr Byrne said the accused sold his Lexus and bought a Holden Captiva and sub-let the office space at Taringa to reduce the rent.

He said Ms Baden-Clay was working at the business about three or four days per week, looking after the financials and the business was “running efficiently”.

Mr Byrne said the accused had loans from his friends and the option to buy out Ms Frost and Mr Broom by September, 2012.

He said the accused was not too concerned about where he would get the money from.

Mr Byrne said one of the people he contacted was Moggill MP Bruce Flegg.

“He’ll admit he was a little depressed but he still had an optimistic view of the way things would go,” he said.

“He had expectations that he would be able to borrow that money in time in September.”

Mr Byrne told the jury that the accused and his wife were working “really hard” on their relationship.

“He’ll tell you quite frankly and openly he thought she was the strongest mentally she had been for many years,” he said.

He said the conditions he agreed to was giving his wife a password to his phone and that they attended counselling together.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

But he never said nothin' about actually stopping the affair, right? :facepalm:

Ugh! Everytime I go to the CM for an update I have :eye::eye: looking at me.
They've even enlarged the pic. :snooty:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

Just look at this one instead :)

264871-19b3cd06-f6bf-11e3-9227-d59f5c5d579b.jpg

Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226959211797

So playing devils advocate, he knows he has to hand his phone over each night, yet on the day A went missing he takes calls from the mistress and calls her. Then the next day, keeps calling her.

If he had nothing to do with it and was at any point there unaware of what was to come or what HAD happened, how on earth was he ever going to explain that contact?

SUSS. With a big capital S.

Given that Byrne is supposedly a top drawer QC, and given that this apparently long-winded and highly detailed opening address would seem to be a silly move (jury still awake there?) and he's going to have to put GBC up there to say it all again, I can't help wondering if this is a strategic ploy? Narrate the whole GBC story himself, as he thinks HE can be more convincing to the jury than GBC can? And of course, Byrne can't be cross-examined, so what he puts out there - is out there.

Apart from seeing it as a deliberate strategy, I can't for the life of me understand why he is doing this .....

Given that Byrne is supposedly a top drawer QC, and given that this apparently long-winded and highly detailed opening address would seem to be a silly move (jury still awake there?) and he's going to have to put GBC up there to say it all again, I can't help wondering if this is a strategic ploy? Narrate the whole GBC story himself, as he thinks HE can be more convincing to the jury than GBC can? And of course, Byrne can't be cross-examined, so what he puts out there - is out there.

Apart from seeing it as a deliberate strategy, I can't for the life of me understand why he is doing this .....

He knows his client is unappealing and unbelievable.. Mr Byrne is trying to put some gravitas into Gerards story.. no easy task..

So playing devils advocate, he knows he has to hand his phone over each night, yet on the day A went missing he takes calls from the mistress and calls her. Then the next day, keeps calling her.

If he had nothing to do with it and was at any point there unaware of what was to come or what HAD happened, how on earth was he ever going to explain that contact?

SUSS. With a big capital S.

Strange how suddenly after the 19th April Gerard is no longer worried about Allison seeing calls to or from TMcH
He knew Allison wouldn't be checking his phone anymore.

IMO, you're both on the right track.

Gerard really thinks he will be better on the stand than Olivia and Nige.. a bit of competition going on there.. I always thought he wouldn't let Olivia get away with giving evidence... a bit of one up manship... and of course, .. showin the flag for and to Nige.. and the younger brother, too..

Did they mean "decreased libido"? What husband complains because his wife has an increased libido?

I am on a high dose of an anxiolytic. And instead of decreased libido it was super charged. My ex did complain and it became a huge problem for us. Heh.

Needless to say drugs affect us as individuals in different ways.

gbc will need a bloody good memory to answer all that stuff nearly verbatim when he is cross examined AND those barristers can be really hard when they are cross examining

For a sneaky guy I am gobsmacked that he handed his phone over each night and was given it back in the morning! Biggest load of codswallop. No bloke does that. Hard enough to get my kids tl do that! It must have been a decoy phone.

He may have handed it over but I'm sure he deleted any calls and messages he didn't want Allison to see before handing it over.

Ha ha that made me chuckle! Yeah found it now - the little circly thing with an arrow located to the left of the address bar. Got it. Again and again and again!

or just press the F5 button on keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members