The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the drug Allison was injecting for weight loss? We have heard nothing of this since it was mentioned once in this trial. I have been trying to find such a drug online and I'm having no luck. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

That is my experience, also. It takes at least two weeks to start working. I can see xanax being prm for anything the zoloft can't even out.

At this point I want to mention Allison's thyroid condition. It is actually mentioned in her postmortem, and in her wedding photos she appears to have an overactive thyroid, her eyes are very open and she is very thin. I wonder if Allison had a bit of a bumpy ride with her thyroid during her pregnancies and postpartum that was overlooked?
It makes no difference really, as husbands DO HAVE TO STEP UP AND HELP with babies and toddlers - but I did see it on the postmortem.

Dr Bourke said he met Ms Baden-Clay again to review blood test results on September 20, 2011.He said there was a slight abnormality in her thyroid test and her iron levels were still slightly abnormal.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226956622231

yeah, but it was just 'counselling sex'.. not real sex.. not treacherous sex, not meaningful sex, but you know. .. counselling sex.. what you have to do to those you counsel, in case they are about to throw something at you, or be 'volatile' or.. maybe even just for the hell of it..

LOL literally, Trooper...be careful, your petticoat of cynicism is showing....

Well that sure indicates Allison was aware of the rekindled affair.

I think Allison was going from strength to strength. Working in the business was giving her a lot of confidence and challenge. She was likely in the best mental state she had been for years. She was an intelligent and very capable woman and staying home with children can turn a mums brain to mush for a while even without depression issues. I think she was laying down the rules with GBC as he said and was keeping him on his toes with these sorts of comments.
I doubt very much that that he would have liked losing the control in their relationship. That could have been a catalyst for murder. He was being challenged and not used to it and it was building up.

catching up, sorry to interrupt, but BUCKET PLEASE!!:puke:

This bucket is sure getting a work out today....

900014396_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569830863075.jpg

Also - I just found myself digging through the phone records again:

18 Apr 2012 11: 59 am Text msg Allison to GBC
'Having fun with your companion? Hope you're not putting any seats down in the back of Snowy ?

reply from GBC 12:19 pm
'I'm sorry that you feel this way. You have nothing lo be concerned about. Feel free to call or text me any time. Love, G'.

Not happy, G

Blood boiling for Allison:

MSG to GBC:

You're NOT sorry

Allison had YOU and your disloyalty & personality & the finances & business & future of herself, your children to be concerned about

Allison could not logically FEEL FREE

To call or text you ANYTIME was to ask oneself to be lied to.....

LOVE ?

oh GBC's NOT HAPPY.....

boy oh boy
GBC had some hide!

All just my opinion
I'm still on the fence (just feeling a little hot under the collar sitting here)

Is Gerry in mainstream jail or protected ? Or is there a different place they put them while on trial or waiting?

I think Allison was going from strength to strength. Working in the business was giving her a lot of confidence and challenge. She was likely in the best mental state she had been for years. She was an intelligent and very capable woman and staying home with children can turn a mums brain to mush for a while even without depression issues. I think she was laying down the rules with GBC as he said and was keeping him on his toes with these sorts of comments.

I doubt very much that that he would have liked losing the control in their relationship. That could have been a catalyst for murder. He was being challenged and not used to it and it was building up.

Agree, Alioop; that response of his 'I'm sorry you feel that way..etc' is a massive giveaway, passive-agressive disdain.

Yes Allison was standing up to him....

From TM's statement...

12. I recall Gerard taking this ultimatum to mean that if he had chosen to leave Allison that she would take away his daughters and potentially interfere and take control of his business assets.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

LOL literally, Trooper...be careful, your petticoat of cynicism is showing....

I cant help it.. ... Here is Gerard telling Toni that Alison is always in bed, passing out, panicking, he has to do everything, and lo and behold, .. Toni pulls the same stunt, she tells him.... ..

Good afternoon dear Sleuths,

I am a retired Brisbane lawyer and have read your opinions and insights with great interest and admiration from that very first, fateful day. I have been so impressed over the last two years by your collective dedication, intelligence, respect for the process and each other and special brand of (often black) humour. A heartwarming little microcosm of society.

This is my first and likely only (because you all say it all so well) post.

I should be careful first to say that I find the evidence, or lack thereof, in this case as perplexing as any of you and that I think it is possible we may never, ever know precisely how Allison's life ended.

Recognising that it would be a most bold and significantly risky, but just possibly winning, strategy, were I the Prosecutor in this case, I would be very tempted to ask only one question of GBC in cross-examination and that would be along these lines:

Mr Baden-Clay, you have told this Honourable Court, under oath, that you regularly told your long-term mistress, Ms McHugh, whatever it was that you thought she wanted or needed to hear, in order to keep her calm, discreet, happy, amenable to you and in your employ; in short, on-side.

It is the case, isn't it, that you have done precisely that in every aspect, to every person, in your life: your late wife, your many mistresses, your parents, your siblings, your friends, your business partners, your creditors, your employers, your employees, your clients, your community members, your medical advisers, your late wife's medical advisers, her family and friends, the Queensland Police Service, His Honour and the ladies and gentlemen of this jury?

Is Gerry in mainstream jail or protected ? Or is there a different place they put them while on trial or waiting?

if he does end up in :jail: he will find out what sex is OUCH OUCH

That is my experience, also. It takes at least two weeks to start working. I can see xanax being prm for anything the zoloft can't even out.

At this point I want to mention Allison's thyroid condition. It is actually mentioned in her postmortem, and in her wedding photos she appears to have an overactive thyroid, her eyes are very open and she is very thin. I wonder if Allison had a bit of a bumpy ride with her thyroid during her pregnancies and postpartum that was overlooked?
It makes no difference really, as husbands DO HAVE TO STEP UP AND HELP with babies and toddlers - but I did see it on the postmortem.

Hi Possum :) Just a couple of points:

Yes, you're right - it would be very unusual to prescribe Zoloft on a PRN basis (for those who may be unfamiliar with the term, it means "take as needed"). It does take time to build up, then needs to be adjusted to a maintenance dose.

Just re her thyroid function: the points you make about her eyes and being thin would possibly suggest an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), but the only mention of her thyroid in the autopsy report that I have is that she had an UNDERactive thyroid as a child (hypothyroidism). And that's not uncommon. No comments were made about her thyroid now (meaning - at the time of the autopsy).

What was the drug Allison was injecting for weight loss? We have heard nothing of this since it was mentioned once in this trial. I have been trying to find such a drug online and I'm having no luck. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

There's two things I can think of. I don't have personal experience though, I only know from a family member who battles with weight. There's vitamin B or I think it's HCG, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It's the last one that bothers me with the pregnancy related depression testimony etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeeter1031