The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not exactly. If illegal activity is conducted on the property, then it is reasonable to expect repercussions, one of which may be the cancellation of his lease. The details of the lease has not been released but if indeed a chop shop was operating on the leased property as has been suggested, the lease may be broken. Also, some leases have clauses as to what can or cannot be done on the leased property. Obviously, the property was not being used for the original intended purpose.

Exactly, how on earth can you compare the confines of airport hangar, that has designated use, to a man cave. We are not talking about rental space. In fact in commercial designated space on one of our residential/rural properties, we have very specific guidelines to follow and the space must be used for what the municipality has approved it for. There is allowance for specified number of employee parking etc.

Aside from the man cave stuff people talk without even seeing the hanger. I'm sure if you asked around at the airport about the hanger and that you were thinking about parking your plane there or renting the space people know what's going on there. If he was so lax showing up whenever he wanted tinkering around with his toys, his buddies in and out ect.ect. People know word of mouth matters. These aren't people from Asia going to park their planes there its people in and around the area.

If you want my money you look like I want you to.

A very, very good point. I suppose that's why the owners of MillardAir had hired professionals (with, one assumes, generally acceptable haircuts) to secure and conduct its business. That they failed to do so may or may not have had something to do with DM's hairstyle several years ago and may or may not have had something to do with the owner's refusal to move their personal possessions from this enormous hangar - (one of three on the field, we understand, and it's not clear which one of the three in fact had these items stored inside.) MOO of course, and based solely on the wee bits of information scattered our way. I should add, that if I hired someone to attract sales to my multi-million dollar company and after a year or more they came up empty handed explaining that the reason for that is that I'm ugly and my premises are messy, I'd have that person's head in a sling before lunch, (even if it meant getting up early to go to work that day). IMO, of course and always.

Aside from the man cave stuff people talk without even seeing the hanger.I'm sure if you asked around at the airport about the hanger and that you were thinking about parking your plane there or renting the space people know what's going on there. If he was so lax showing up whenever he wanted tinkering around with his toys, his buddies in and out ect.ect. People know word of mouth matters. These aren't people from Asia going to park their planes there its people in and around the area.

While I admittedly have lost track of the thread of conversation, there are many, many Facebook photos of the interior of the hanger and its "toys", and reasonably convincing evidence (including photos) of one or more soft core *advertiser censored* shoots taking place there--including a shoot where DM is listed on a commercial *advertiser censored* site as the photographer.

(I'm not arguing any side in whatever debate is currently going on, just saying there is ample evidence that the hangar was ... I don't know if I'd call it a man cave, since we haven't seen a flatscreen tv and beanbag chairs ... but pretty close.)

Bush pilots aren't dealing with the level of scrutiny surrounding maintenance and security.

You appear to be confusing a pilot's personal hygiene discipline with proper, usual, customary and acceptable dress code for highly critical AMOs seeking my dollars.

If you want my money you look like I want you to.
This whole DM is a well spoken, wealthy businessman thing just never makes sense to me. Unfortunately, people died and there will be justice, the perpetrators of the crime(s) will be punished and an understanding of the "why" will eventually come to light. DM may have been the boss of the hangar. AS states that DM was looking after the construction. A couple things to make things clear.
An AMO is a service business that does maintenance on Aircraft. The price of a regular 737 is approximately 74 Million to 107 Million US dollars. Source: http://www.b737.org.uk/sales.htm The average annual maintenance cost for a 737 is approx $350,000 Source: http://www.team.aero/images/aviation_data_insert/Owners_OperatorsGuide_737NG.pdf
DM needed to impress the owners of these planes much more then the owners impressing him. He needed the contracts...the contracts didn't need him. More so than ever, AS had to be able to sell DM and the Hangar to potential customers. There's lots more AMO's around. DM never had an aviation business...ever. He had a hangar and an AMO certificate. The millions of DM had no meaning to companies that have MILLIONS invested in each plane and spends millions annually maintaining them. MOO

<MODSNIP>, of course but the "Suicide Girls" soft *advertiser censored* film allegedly shot by DM was done in 2005, not at K-W but at Toronto. CM was very still very much in charge in micro-managing everything at that time, or so we're told. Mind you I don't think he appeared in the movie. Anyway, this activity reportedly took place at another MillardAir venue and during CM's active tenure.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-qu...illard-emerge-as-police-investigate-1.1287627

A profile on Suicide Girls &#8212; a soft-core *advertiser censored* website - shows a young model named &#8220;Josie&#8221; posing in and around a vintage DC-4 airplane.

The name on the plane reads &#8220;MILLARDAIR.&#8221;

The profile says the photo gallery was posted February 17, 2005.

Apologies if I continually seem to frequently coming forward as defending DM. I haven't the slightest idea if he is or isn't guilty. It's just that the misinformation flying about is just so irresistibly difficult to ignore. IMO. Sorry. MOO. Given that it will probably be years before we'll learn any more actual facts about this case, IMO, if and when it ever comes to court, I trust that we'll probably all find something far more productive to do in the meantime than compare speculative opinions here, IMO.

A very, very good point. I suppose that's why the owners of MillardAir had hired professionals (with, one assumes, generally acceptable haircuts) to secure and conduct its business. That they failed to do so may or may not have had something to do with DM's hairstyle several years ago and may or may not have had something to do with the owner's refusal to move their personal possessions from this enormous hangar - (one of three on the field, we understand, and it's not clear which one of the three in fact had these items stored inside.) MOO of course, and based solely on the wee bits of information scattered our way. I should add, that if I hired someone to attract sales to my multi-million dollar company and after a year or more they came up empty handed explaining that the reason for that is that I'm ugly and my premises are messy, I'd have that person's head in a sling before lunch, (even if it meant getting up early to go to work that day). IMO, of course and always.
Carli...Millardair couldn't take on any work until it got it's AMO Certification for 737's(could have been more types of aircraft as well). That is a very time consuming task and they received it Nov 1/12. They were ready to roll with contracts as soon as clients could tour the facilities. They are specific to the type of aircraft that can be worked on and Transport Canada doesn't just hand those out to anyone...they're very difficult to obtain! http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part5-standards-573s-243.htm

Well, not intending to mess up the thread with facts, of course but the "Suicide Girls" soft *advertiser censored* film allegedly shot by DM was done in 2005, not at K-W but at Toronto. CM was very still very much in charge in micro-managing everything at that time, or so we're told. Mind you I don't think he appeared in the movie. Anyway, this activity reportedly took place at another MillardAir venue and during CM's active tenure.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-questions-about-dellen-millard-emerge-as-police-investigate-1.1287627

A profile on Suicide Girls &#8212; a soft-core *advertiser censored* website - shows a young model named &#8220;Josie&#8221; posing in and around a vintage DC-4 airplane.

The name on the plane reads &#8220;MILLARDAIR.&#8221;

The profile says the photo gallery was posted February 17, 2005.

Fair enough, but it wasn't a *advertiser censored* *film*, just a photo shoot. (Being the arbiter of all things factual is a full time job, I guess.) I still stand by all the other Facebook photos of the hangar in question, including many recent ones.

There was also a shoot solicited for Model Mayhem at a hangar more recently, but since it's clear I don't have all the properties straight in my head, I'll leave it for someone else (I know one of the regular posters knows what I'm talking about, it was linked in the last 48 hours) to tell us if it was the current hangar.

A couple things to make things clear.
An AMO is a service business that does maintenance on Aircraft. The price of a regular 737 is approximately 74 Million to 107 Million US dollars. Source: http://www.b737.org.uk/sales.htm The average annual maintenance cost for a 737 is approx $350,000 Source: http://www.team.aero/images/aviation_data_insert/Owners_OperatorsGuide_737NG.pdf
DM needed to impress the owners of these planes much more then the owners impressing him. He needed the contracts...the contracts didn't need him. More so than ever, AS had to be able to sell DM and the Hangar to potential customers. There's lots more AMO's around. DM never had an aviation business...ever. He had a hangar and an AMO certificate. The millions of DM had no meaning to companies that have MILLIONS invested in each plane and spends millions annually maintaining them. MOO

Could you help me understand why it would be necessary to sell DM to customers? We have WM in the bg for the time being and maybe he might not be presentable to customers for various other reasons previously discussed - but he WAS the principal owner, was he not? Arguing to the ridiculous (and at this point, why not?) I have had occasion to go on cruises, from time to time; to take trans-ocean flights; to rent automobiles and to stay in major hotels entrusting the most valuable of all my possessions - my own life and that of my family - to the professionals involved in practically managing my requirements. I can here confirm that I've never once been deterred by the hairstyles or lifestyles of the owner(s) of Carnival Cruises; Lufthansa; Tilden or the Marriott, for instance, nor do I have the first clue who those persons or principal shareholders may be. Theoretically, it would matter if I had some reason to sue them, but otherwise, I just need to be confident that reviews are good, staff is top notch, facilities are terrific, location fits my needs and the price is excellent. Those are pretty much the same criteria that apply in most business transactions, imo and solely imo.

Fair enough, but it wasn't a *advertiser censored* *film*, just a photo shoot. (Being the arbiter of all things factual is a full time job, I guess.) I still stand by all the other Facebook photos of the hangar in question, including many recent ones.

There was also a shoot solicited for Model Mayhem at a hangar more recently, but since it's clear I don't have all the properties straight in my head, I'll leave it for someone else (I know one of the regular posters knows what I'm talking about, it was linked in the last 48 hours) to tell us if it was the current hangar.

Reported as also Pearson just before the demolition.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=501077

I believe there was an article that this was to be dmS business venture.something for when daddy is gone I will see if I can find it dad was just the apparent bank for the project then after dad was gone he wanted to sell it off piece by piece. And lets face it WM was getting up there on age eventually you would have to deal with DM

In his role as a business development consultant to Millardair&#8217;s new Waterloo airport venture, Al Sharif was happy to have only limited contact with Dellen Millard, the boss&#8217;s son and the guy in charge of hangar construction. As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.

&#8220;I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn&#8217;t appreciate what his father was doing for him,&#8221; said Mr. Sharif. &#8220;He was an impediment to the hangar operation&#8221; who didn&#8217;t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

HandoutAl Sharif: Dellen Millard &#8220;was just a spoilt little brat.&#8221;
Things came to a head one day last November when Mr. Sharif, who lives in Austin, Texas, paid a visit to the new hangar and Dellen questioned him as to why no contracts were yet in place for the new Millardair aircraft maintenance and repair business.

<Modsnip>

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

National Post

Could you help me understand why it would be necessary to sell DM to customers? We have WM in the bg for the time being and maybe he might not be presentable to customers for various other reasons previously discussed - but he WAS the principal owner, was he not? Arguing to the ridiculous (and at this point, why not?) I have had occasion to go on cruises, from time to time; to take trans-ocean flights; to rent automobiles and to stay in major hotels entrusting the most valuable of all my possessions - my own life and that of my family - to the professionals involved in practically managing my requirements. I can here confirm that I've never once been deterred by the hairstyles or lifestyles of the owner(s) of Carnival Cruises; Lufthansa; Tilden or the Marriott, for instance, nor do I have the first clue who those persons or principal shareholders may be. Theoretically, it would matter if I had some reason to sue them, but otherwise, I just need to be confident that reviews are good, staff is top notch, facilities are terrific, location fits my needs and the price is excellent. Those are pretty much the same criteria that apply in most business transactions, imo and solely imo.

Don't under estimate WM in a professional mode. I personally have seen him remove the responsibility immediately from what he considered not up to scratch professionalism in the professional world and he would see the problem solved, no matter what it took of him. DM, on the other hand appeared to really piss people off.......manager of airport and the professionals hired by WM. Its like babies in the big league.

Funny you would mention Lufthansa as these owners were very professional and I have been to their place.

MOO and JMO

Don't under estimate WM in a professional mode. I personally have seen him remove the responsibility immediately from what he considered not up to scratch professionalism in the professional world and he would see the problem solved, no matter what it took of him. DM, on the other hand appeared to really piss people off.......manager of airport and the professionals hired by WM. Its like babies in the big league.

Funny you would mention Lufthansa as these owners were very professional and I have been to their place.

I appreciate your first hand insight on this, Reign. It's truly helpful in trying to get a better grasp of both possibilities and probabilities in this mysterious tragedy. May I ask if you were acquainted with WM during the last months of his life? If so, did you get any sense any significant changes in his outlook? Also, while they're certainly not key to the DM case, IMO they could have some bearing on his involvement, if any, with his father's demise, what was your general opinion of the senior staff MillardAir had put in place? Thanks, in advance.

(Also the next time you're chatting with Wolfgang Mayrhuber, I'd be grateful if you could raise the subject of those damnable little shoe-leather pastrami slices included with breakfast. They cannot be damaged with the plastic knives, nor can they be chewed into anything swallowable by anyone who does not have the teeth of a Red-bellied Piranhah. It's a small thing but god is in the details, etc.... ) :smile:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=1492260&ticker=LHA:GR

While I admittedly have lost track of the thread of conversation, there are many, many Facebook photos of the interior of the hanger and its "toys", and reasonably convincing evidence (including photos) of one or more soft core *advertiser censored* shoots taking place there--including a shoot where DM is listed on a commercial *advertiser censored* site as the photographer.

(I'm not arguing any side in whatever debate is currently going on, just saying there is ample evidence that the hangar was ... I don't know if I'd call it a man cave, since we haven't seen a flatscreen tv and beanbag chairs ... but pretty close.)
when WM was alive they actually had an office manager (female) who also was a model, she placed ads and also had an internet site advertising that the Millardair hanger could be used for photo shoots that the old hanger was to be torn down in 2011 and to grab the opportunity for a great space..WM obviously knew this and maybe someone asked DM from this business venture if he would like to take some photos. He was only in his early 20's at this point. I dont think the Waterloo Hanger had nearly as many toys as the one at Pearson from the looks of the FB photos

http://eryngombos.wix.com/eryns-workshops#!__page-3

I appreciate your first hand insight on this, Reign. It's truly helpful in trying to get a better grasp of both possibilities and probabilities in this mysterious tragedy. May I ask if you were acquainted with WM during the last months of his life? If so, did you get any sense any significant changes in his outlook? Also, while they're certainly not key to the DM case, IMO they could have some bearing on his involvement, if any, with his father's demise, what was your general opinion of the senior staff MillardAir had put in place? Thanks, in advance.

Lets make it clear we have no reason to dissect WM personally as I have seen and definitely not in the negative way I have seen. Both WM & MB are unfairly both brought into discussion. Even in the final comments MB had positive memories of WM in his guest book.

Lets make it clear we have no reason to dissect WM personally as I have seen and definitely not in the negative way I have seen. Both WM & MB are unfairly both brought into discussion. Even in the final comments MB had positive memories of WM in his guest book.

<MODSNIP> DM is charged with the murder of TB, not criminal fraud. So far as I understand it, MillardAir is still an active business although, apparently, many of us don't agree with perfectly legal decisions made by one or more of its principals. IMO that is none of our business. Theoretically, if LE can manage to support the "chop shop" suggestions they've somewhat incredibly, imo, chosen to share with the press, with charges against DM, possibly his mom, and maybe some of its previous management staff, but until that time I don't see why it's ok to sleuth either this company or this iconic Canadian family for exactly the same reasons as its not ok to dig around in the private worlds of TB's family. MOO of course, always MOO, and IMO and IMHO and MOO again.

or trying to shift the murder from DM to others with no logical reasoning

Carli, if you are concerned about specific posts that you think are offensive or a TOS violation, please take it up with a Mod ... little red exclamation mark in the top right-hand corner of every post.

Carli, if you are concerned about specific posts that you think are offensive or a TOS violation, please take it up with a Mod ... little red exclamation mark in the top right-hand corner of every post.

Thanks for the headsup, sillybilly. Nope, not offensive (I should care less about Millardair business? {shrug} ) and not a TOS violation either as I understand it. Just me, thrashing around, in customary fashion imo. Besides, my comment was also directed toward MSM in this regard. LOL. As if they're listening? Anyway, C'est la vie. C'est la guerre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214