The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are very entitled to your opinion. I find it hard to form a concrete opinion myself due to the lack of evidence and facts. I tend to focus my other research on those things that are not covered on here...so that I can get a fuller perspective of what may present itself at a trial. I am very interested in hearing all the facts and details... I may just go along for the trial, just so that I don't miss anything.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
You sound like a defence attorney!

moo

If being a freak isn't freakish and so normal, acceptable and ok, why not wear one to court? AS predicted trouble and even Ray Charles could see it has in fact happened. If one wants to be a freak, be a freak, but at least show up in court that way. Why not? What's the reason?

Because he hasn't worn one in at least a year. (Therefore Reign, you were mistaken - DM did not have a Mohawk in Europe one year ago). Since then he's gone with a preppier look. AA, I don't think it's a disguise for Court.

The Mohawk to me was pretty immature for a guy his age but its not a really big deal. While sporting it, he did not have the kind of life where he needed to have a professional look and seemed to clean up well by the time he would have needed to, should the hangar have ever been used for its intended purpose. We haven't seen a lot of younger photos of the guy but a Mohawk is something one should get for kicks at 15 and not 25. :moo:

In my opinion, and having hung out with bona fide hardcore "freaks" with mohawks in my youth, I'd say DM's short-lived red Mohawk phase would make him into a pseudo-freak, as opposed to an authentic freak. He didnt even shave the sides for crying out loud, which is pretty non-committal.

So off topic, I know. I'm getting tired.
:eek:fftobed:

Perhaps he would have worn the mohawk to court, if he had still had it.

I'm certainly glad that I don't have any fashion tastes that would label me unnormal and a freak. I'd hate to have this happen to me, just because of some people's prejudices about how I dress or wear my hair.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/06/21/a-hoax-a-hoodie-a-holding-cell

However, it is nice to see the other side of the story told for a change.

Still the facts remain, AS said mohawks spelled trouble and sure enough it was true. Again, if a mohawk isn't looked down on, wear it to court. DM still has time to get his red or blue do on.
Most airline corporations would see red/blue mohawks as a negative in a competitive world of MRO. IMO

Because he hasn't worn one in at least a year. (Therefore Reign, you were mistaken - DM did not have a Mohawk in Europe one year ago). Since then he's gone with a preppier look. AA, I don't think it's a disguise for Court.

The Mohawk to me was pretty immature for a guy his age but its not a really big deal. While sporting it, he did not have the kind of life where he needed to have a professional look and seemed to clean up well by the time he would have needed to, should the hangar have ever been used for its intended purpose. We haven't seen a lot of younger photos of the guy but a Mohawk is something one should get for kicks at 15 and not 25. :moo:

In my opinion, and having hung out with bona fide hardcore "freaks" with mohawks in my youth, I'd say DM's short-lived red Mohawk phase would make him into a pseudo-freak, as opposed to an authentic freak. He didnt even shave the sides for crying out loud, which is pretty non-committal.

So off topic, I know. I'm getting tired.
:eek:fftobed:

I think we all had our moments at some point in time. The fact, simply put is that the red mohawk would not have been a confidence booster for corporate contract people and that was what AS was relating and his suspicion about trouble was true.

When one is trying to start up a corporation and land corporate clientele and dollars, one would be better off dressing/grooming for success and appropriate.

Not to confuse things but I believe the mohawk was not only for Baja500 but also for the trip to Europe 2012 and not just for Baja500. It is hard to compare an old guy going bald that actually built an empire to someone that actually destroyed what 2 generations built.

He did not have a mohawk in the Europe pics of 2012 that I saw on Facebook !

How did he destroy what 2 generations built? From what I can tell he has many assets worth several million and is probably acquiring a substantial sum in interest. JMO

How did he destroy what 2 generations built? From what I can tell he has many assets worth several million and is probably acquiring a substantial sum in interest. JMO

His generation hasn't ended yet.....Remember the saying was the third generation squanders, wastes, destroys, etc. all present tense.

Still the facts remain, AS said mohawks spelled trouble and sure enough it was true. Again, if a mohawk isn't looked down on, wear it to court. DM still has time to get his red or blue do on.
Most airline corporations would see red/blue mohawks as a negative in a competitive world of MRO. IMO

I still fail to see how it was true that a mohawk spelled trouble. He didnt have a mohawk in 2012 or 2013 and only briefly in 2011 according to pic timeframe.

A courthouse is a private place of business with rules that they enFORCE. You cannot even wear sunglasses on your head or wear shorts. So I am quite sure they will have some restriction on hairdos and such even though it violates freedom of expression, thats just how it is.

IMO the matter of the mohawk is redundant, as he did not have one except for a Baja race in 2011. He was obviously dressing for the 'show'...somewhat like people dress up for Halloween or Fancy Dress parties. I think IMO that to use a fleeting hairdo as a means to label someone is rather unfair and nonsensical.....but thats JMO

His generation hasn't ended yet.....Remember the saying was the third generation squanders, wastes, destroys, etc. all present tense.

Still a hypothetical scenario then IMO.

I feel that if someone decides to change an aviation business to a Real Estate business if it is left to them, it is purely their own decision and their right. JMO/MOO

Still a hypothetical scenario then IMO.

I feel that if someone decides to change an aviation business to a Real Estate business if it is left to them, it is purely their own decision and their right. JMO/MOO

That was never the subject of the saying that was posted. It was about destroying, ruining, squandering a family dynasty.

A profile is a profile is a profile isn't it? What things are not on the profile that is the question .... I could create a LinkedIn profile and claim to be the long lost daughter of the Tsar of Russia, Anastasia, having escaped execution along with other family members. Would that profile speak for itself?

He may have a background in Aviation and who knows what else in actual fact. I don't believe we can rely on a LinkedIn profile to ascertain a persons moral fibre and penchant for truth. JMO/IMO

I posted a link that supports my position that AS has a background in the aviation industry. The New York Times appears to have fallen for the same thing in 2006 when they did this article on AS:

Mr. Sharif, the marketing vice president of Evergreen and an aeronautical engineer like his father, senses the presence of ghosts when he wanders through these ranks of jets, their engines sealed tight and their windows taped over against the sun and sand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/business/21road.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0

Does that info speak for itself, or do you think that's bogus too? Perhaps you could provide links that supports any position you have to the contrary.

I posted a link that supports my position that AS has a background in the aviation industry. The New York Times appears to have fallen for the same thing in 2006 when they did this article on AS:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/business/21road.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0

Does that info speak for itself, or do you think that's bogus too? Perhaps you could provide links that supports any position you have to the contrary.

I have links but I cannot post them as it goes against the rules here. Thank you for the link about AS.. I will add it to my collection. Maybe at some point he will become a POI and we can release the chains as it were ... anythings possible I guess

And thats ok that you have that opinion. I will stick with mine.

I didn't invent the saying. It is supposed to be an old English saying. However I do see it has merit many times and it may come true in this case. So yes it is MO.

This is where we can agree to disagree - when I hear "freak" I tend to think of pedophiles, rapists, murderers, thieves, etc. I do not think of people who simply have a nonconformist fashion sense. Gauging from the dates on various FB photos, DM didn't even have the mohawk when he first encountered AS. Whatever the case, DM has a lot bigger to fish to fry than his questionable taste in (past) hairstyles.

Precisely. Labeling someone a "freak" because of their choice of hairstyle or wardrobe is a sign of a very narrow mind.
DM certainly may be a "freak", but if he is it has nothing to do with his hair and everything to do with his actions on May 6th...

This quote is from the Post article dated May 13th
He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets. In February, Millardair requested cancellation of the Transport Canada certificate executives had worked hard to obtain.

Link to the whole article
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

So in only a few short months after DM's father was out of the picture, he put an end to the 'aviation dynasty' his Grandfather had built, thus destroying what 2 generations had built MOO

If being a freak isn't freakish and so normal, acceptable and ok, why not wear one to court? AS predicted trouble and even Ray Charles could see it has in fact happened. If one wants to be a freak, be a freak, but at least show up in court that way. Why not? What's the reason?
Because, as is so readily apparent, there are still many narrow minded people out there who judge based on appearance. (Not to mention gender, race, religion, etc.) That is a sad fact, and of course it makes sense to take that into consideration when appearing in court. Totally moot in this case anyway, which has been explained a number of times.
And I am in no way defending DM, rather the absurd generalization that a mohawk (or any other hairstyle) is an indicator that someone is a freak.

Because, as is so readily apparent, there are still many narrow minded people out there who judge based on appearance. (Not to mention gender, race, religion, etc.) That is a sad fact, and of course it makes sense to take that into consideration when appearing in court. Totally moot in this case anyway, which has been explained a number of times.
And I am in no way defending DM, rather the absurd generalization that a mohawk (or any other hairstyle) is an indicator that someone is a freak.

Board is not meant to attack other posters.

This quote is from the Post article dated May 13th
He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen moved quickly to begin liquidating assets. In February, Millardair requested cancellation of the Transport Canada certificate executives had worked hard to obtain.

Link to the whole article
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

So in only a few short months after DM's father was out of the picture, he put an end to the 'aviation dynasty' his Grandfather had built, thus destroying what 2 generations had built MOO

Thanks for posting this. IMO, it is really sad. Also, shows DM mind-set, he didn't give hoot about Millardair, and what his Grandfather had built and his Dad was trying to revive. You would think that he could have hired someone to run the company if he had no interest? Probably didn't do this as WM was most likely injecting his own cash into Millardair to get it up and running, DM didn't like his inheritance being used up.

Funny there is all this discussion about the mohawk, as my son who had a mohawk for about a week, 10 years ago brought his Fathers Day card last night that had a guy with a mohawk on the outside and on the inside says: Personally, I think I deserve an increase in my inheritance, just for not bein' this guy. Happy Father's Day...............so even amongst young people they do find it, enough to talk about.

Just wanted to point out that AS did not IMO say it was the Mohawk itself, the quote from the article is "As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble." So in reading this, the Mohawk is simply a descriptive factor about DM, whom he felt was trouble. The article itself is linked above in my other post #795 MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL