The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the posts about DM and the Mohawk haircut? This is the Wayne Millard thread. I just finished reading about 50 posts for news about WM, yet, most info was about the Mohawk haircut with nothing new about WM??????

Board is not meant to attack other posters.
Fairly certain that calling a group of people (those with non-conformist hairstyles) a derogotary name - freaks - is not what the board is meant for, either. I'm quite surprised to see that sort of talk defended.
You knew WM (and yes, that's who this thread is supposed to be about, but as often happens discussions get sidetracked). Was he a freak because he kept his hair longer than what the airline industry standards were at the time?

Precisely. Labeling someone a "freak" because of their choice of hairstyle or wardrobe is a sign of a very narrow mind.
DM certainly may be a "freak", but if he is it has nothing to do with his hair and everything to do with his actions on May 6th...

If it walks like a duck.......If one wishes to portray a business like image, one doesn't wear a red mohawk. Especially at that age in the corporate world.

The fact can be argued forever about the freakish appearance but it stands that people saw trouble coming because of it and the attitude, etc. behind it as AS and others stated. Now we see the fulfillment of AS's prediction.

I would point out that sporting a red mowawk, making *advertiser censored*, drug abuse, theft, murder, etc. does make one a freak of society, a data point outside the norm. It appears from what is known, all of the above is not only possible, but likely his lifestyle.

If it causes none to see DM is a poor light, let him wear it to court, with his life on the line. Every defendant and defense attorney I've ever seen tries to put lipstick on a pig when appearing in court. Same in this case.

Maybe this explains the Mohawk haircut...

Millard's grandfather, Carl, was a Canadian aviation legend. He started his own charter airline in 1954, Rob Seaman wrote in Wings Magazine in 2005. Before that, Carl had been a pilot for Trans-Canada Air Lines, which became Air Canada.

Millard also told Seaman that he was "a direct descendant of Chief Joseph Brant," the Mohawk leader who aided the British forces during the American Revolution in the mid-1700s.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html

Fairly certain that calling a group of people (those with non-conformist hairstyles) a derogotary name - freaks - is not what the board is meant for, either. I'm quite surprised to see that sort of talk defended.
You knew WM (and yes, that's who this thread is supposed to be about, but as often happens discussions get sidetracked). Was he a freak because he kept his hair longer than what the airline industry standards were at the time?

There is nothing getting around the fact that WM was a good pilot and WMs hair not only was acceptable as proven in the arbitration, as he got his job back in arbitration. I guess it would have been like Paul McCartney piloting a plane, maybe a problem to Air Canada but they found out that firing someone based on that was NOT acceptable in the professional world or legallly. So comparing haircut is not the same.

On an additional note WM haircut was acceptable in mainstream in the 70s, which perhaps is not the case for haircut of DM.

If it walks like a duck.......If one wishes to portray a business like image, one doesn't wear a red mohawk. Especially at that age in the corporate world.

The fact can be argued forever about the freakish appearance but it stands that people saw trouble coming because of it and the attitude, etc. behind it as AS and others stated. Now we see the fulfillment of AS's prediction.

I would point out that sporting a red mowawk, making *advertiser censored*, drug abuse, theft, murder, etc. does make one a freak of society, a data point outside the norm. It appears from what is known, all of the above is not only possible, but likely his lifestyle.

If it causes none to see DM is a poor light, let him wear it to court, with his life on the line. Every defendant and defense attorney I've ever seen tries to put lipstick on a pig when appearing in court. Same in this case.

Ah, but now you're broadening your reasoning behind using the harshly derogatory term "freak".
Just to refresh your memory, you said (BBM):
At the time AS was on the scene, all that he "knew was trouble," was the numerous times it was stated about the red/blue mohawks, unfortunately his prophesy became true about the trouble coming.
However being a freak isn't against the law, it's just abnormal. He probably didn't "know" the vehicles and etc. were stolen at that time and therefore wouldn't have much to report to LE.

We know his prophesy was bang on now though, ie mohawks spelled trouble.

I personally wondered why, if that freaky style is so great and acceptable in society why DP and DM didn't both show up for arraignment sporting one each. I bet it's because freakish appearance doesn't get much respect.
JMO

I don't see much in that statement about drug abuse, theft, *advertiser censored*, murder, etc. You don't seem to understand how offensive it is to label anyone a freak because of their hairstyle. DM certainly may be a freak, but it is not because of something as superficial as hair.

:seeya: All!

It seems to be time to move along from the mohawk discussion as it has been discussed ad nauseam.

:tyou:

Did anyone look at Ann's post to the Help us find Laura facebook page from 4 hours ago? The link is in her blog article.

I wish Ann had explained why she or WW and his mom, reached the conclusion that it was a different WM.

WRT Toronto PS not making any connection between DM being interviewed in LB's case and the shooting death of WM, I'm wondering if somehow there was an information disconnect between Peel Regional Police and TPS. IOW, would the name of a witness (DM) in a TPS case come to light in a check by Peel Regional?

ETA: Just realized the Maple Gate addy is in Etobicoke, not Mississauga, so Peel Regional doesn't factor into the above. Regardless, the question still remains if the name of a person who is only considered a witness in another case crops up in a search by any PD.

I wish Ann had explained why she or WW and his mom, reached the conclusion that it was a different WM.

WRT Toronto PS not making any connection between DM being interviewed in LB's case and the shooting death of WM, I'm wondering if somehow there was an information disconnect between Peel Regional Police and TPS. IOW, would the name of a witness (DM) in a TPS case come to light in a check by Peel Regional?

ETA: Just realized the Maple Gate addy is in Etobicoke, not Mississauga, so Peel Regional doesn't factor into the above. Regardless, the question still remains if the name of a person who is only considered a witness in another case crops up in a search by any PD.

Chuckles, Blair and TPS are notorious for 'carding' people in the GTA area - they stop people and record who they are and where they are. Since carding is under fire for infringing on citizens rights, TPS now calls it 'giving the person a receipt' for stopping them and asking who they are and what they are doing in a particular neighborhood at a particular time.

The purpose is so that people will show up during a search by TPS of a particular area. So the answer to your question is yes. Imo.

WTH??? I submitted the info about WW and ancestry.com to police. And AB claims WW was not contacted by police. sigh.

Also it's her OPINION that it is a different WM.

Also it's her OPINION that it is a different WM.

She says she spoke to WW, his mother, and several family members and is convinced it's a different WM. Perhaps she has fairly concrete evidence to back up her opinion, such as photographs or ages, dates, etc. not matching up to the other WM? Or maybe WW submitted his DNA to Genebase and did not have a match with DM? In any case, if WW is not the son of the WM in question, it is likely AB will never reveal her findings out of respect for WW, DW, and family. JMO.

Even if they are the right WW and DW... I doubt they will want in on this current case.... for the obvious or the not so obvious reason. JMO ...

And now, is probably not such a great time to be looking for your long lost father named WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho