The December 23 party

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That 911 call made 2 days before the murder. FW later said it was him trying to call about his MIL's prescription.

The phone was hung up so 911 called back. No one answered so the police were sent to the house. Linda Stine answered the door and told the police to go away.

So who was FW covering for? And why did the Ramsey's pit bull, Linda Stine, have to go to the door to get rid of the police? What were they trying to hide? Was it a kid who called 911? And somebody grabbed the phone away before they could talk? And if FW made really made the call, why didn't he pick up the phone when 911 called back?

That 911 call made 2 days before the murder. FW later said it was him trying to call about his MIL's prescription.

The phone was hung up so 911 called back. No one answered so the police were sent to the house. Linda Stine answered the door and told the police to go away.

So who was FW covering for? And why did the Ramsey's pit bull, Linda Stine, have to go to the door to get rid of the police? What were they trying to hide? Was it a kid who called 911? And somebody grabbed the phone away before they could talk? And if FW made really made the call, why didn't he pick up the phone when 911 called back?
These are all good questions. In all fairness to Fleet on this particular issue, I don't think we can flat out say he was "covering for" anyone. If memory serves me correctly, the source of this info about Fleet making the call is from DOI unless there is a statement from Fleet himself I forgot or am unaware of.

I agree that Stine answering the door and shooing police away is a red flag. The owners of the house should be answering the door under those circumstances which begs a question....just what were they doing while the cops were outside?

I have never been able to chalk the events on Dec. 23rd up to an innocent coincidence and/or irrelevant to what transpired two days later. There's a connection IMO. BPD just weren't able to find it and didn't dig deep enough.

Here it is:

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.

What also remains a mystery is how in the telling of that story, they act as if they don't even exist even though this is transpiring in their house.

I always wondered myself. Why did the pitbull answer, and not the house owners?? There has to be a connection for sure

So far, I've not been able to find anything that to verify that FW actually said this. This is what the R's wrote that he said in DOI, from what I understand. And then pit bull Linda Stine answered LE through the door speaker to tell them it was a mistake, per ACR.
Apologists choose to call the 911 call an easy error due to the fact that there was apparently a business line in the house requiring that a "9" be dialed for an outside line, and then the "1" would be dialed for long distance. Well, I'll throw the bullcrap flag on that. The sequence required to call 911 would be "9 - 911". Adults would be very careful to avoid accidentally dialing that sequence of numbers.
Dispatch calls back immediately and nobody answers? If FW had attempted to make a call, he would have still been near the phone and would have been ready to re-dial. I'm not buying any of this.

So far, I've not been able to find anything that to verify that FW actually said this. This is what the R's wrote that he said in DOI, from what I understand. And then pit bull Linda Stine answered LE through the door speaker to tell them it was a mistake, per ACR.
Apologists choose to call the 911 call an easy error due to the fact that there was apparently a business line in the house requiring that a "9" be dialed for an outside line, and then the "1" would be dialed for long distance. Well, I'll throw the bullcrap flag on that. The sequence required to call 911 would be "9 - 911". Adults would be very careful to avoid accidentally dialing that sequence of numbers.
Dispatch calls back immediately and nobody answers? If FW had attempted to make a call, he would have still been near the phone and would have been ready to re-dial. I'm not buying any of this.
Apologies for quoting my own post here, but I just wanted to correct my own error for the record. Not sure wth I was thinking. The name isn't Linda Stine. It's Susan Stine. I know that. duh. Sorry.
:blushing:

Question:
I'm very confused regarding something.
Did the Ramsey's have a house tour in 1996?
I was aware of the one in 1994.
The parents attempt to use the home tour as when someone possibly used the tour to figure out the layout of the home.
Would someone who had possibly wanted to kidnap JonBenet wait 2 whole years before doing it?
This excuse doesn't sit well with me for some reason. It's like they want people to think that there was a house tour in 1996 too. But
there wasn't as far as I know right?
There was the Christmas party on the 23rd.
also I found a few comments PR made in reference to the party regarding the wine cellar.

((((PR throwing others under the bus in regards to the wine cellar access. She doesn't put herself in that
list nor BR or JR))))
(0351-12) PATSY RAMSEY: Okay. You know, it wasn't like a full-blown wine cellar, but we kept a couple boxes
of wine in there. And I want to say that -- I don't remember whether it was the night of the 23rd,
that party or some party we had, I remember somebody saying we are out of red wine. And I said please
(inaudible) to or something. But at some time, please go to the basement to get some more red wine,
but he would know where that was. (snip) (0352-06) TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. In the months prior to Christmas
of 1996 Fleet would have gone in there? PATSY RAMSEY: I would say Fleet, cleaning lady and --
TRIP DEMUTH: Maybe the husband? PATSY RAMSEY: Maybe the husband and maybe the daughter."
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-crime-photos.htm
They didn't have a tour in 1996 though that has been stated at times in the media and by their supporters. Aphrodite Jones said it in her farce of an investigation, for example. Agreed, if it was a stranger intruder would they really wait two years after casing the joint to kill JB? Ridiculous.

They didn't have a tour in 1996 though that has been stated at times in the media and by their supporters. Aphrodite Jones said it in her farce of an investigation, for example. Agreed, if it was a stranger intruder would they really wait two years after casing the joint to kill JB? Ridiculous.
Thank you!
Yeah I keep seeing/hearing it here and there while researching. You'd think professional reporters would get their facts straight before reporting.
It's these inconsistencies that confuse people who aren't very familiar with the case. But the family themselves try to encourage that kind of BS by stating it when in fact it wasn't true and happened two years prior.

"You'd think professional reporters would get their facts straight before reporting."

Yeah, PL, you'd THINK! If you haven't seen the Aphrodite Jones episode (and can stomach 45 minutes worth of lies) it is on youtube. I've only had a passing knowledge of her work but I figured she was legit until I watched that episode. Total hack. No research, just the usual interviews with the Ramseys investigators (if I never saw John San Augustin's face again in my life I would die a happy woman. Alas, his little weasel face is all over that special) and misinformation. There was one part where they interview an expert (Let me consult my notes...) named Dr. Pennebaker who uses a special linguistic computer program to come to the conclusion the note was written by a woman with a man calling the shots! This is quickly downplayed and disregarded for more IDI nonsense.

As for the Christmas tour in question, she states it was done 2 DAYS, not 2 years before the murder. Anyway, I'm rambling. There was so much bs in that special and the kicker is that there was exclusive home movie footage from the Christmas party on the 23rd supplied by... drumroll...John Ramsey. Hmm, exclusives from the Ramseys, interviews only with pro-Ramsey sources. Sounds super balanced.

"You'd think professional reporters would get their facts straight before reporting."

Yeah, PL, you'd THINK! If you haven't seen the Aphrodite Jones episode (and can stomach 45 minutes worth of lies) it is on youtube. I've only had a passing knowledge of her work but I figured she was legit until I watched that episode. Total hack. No research, just the usual interviews with the Ramseys investigators (if I never saw John San Augustin's face again in my life I would die a happy woman. Alas, his little weasel face is all over that special) and misinformation. There was one part where they interview an expert (Let me consult my notes...) named Dr. Pennebaker who uses a special linguistic computer program to come to the conclusion the note was written by a woman with a man calling the shots! This is quickly downplayed and disregarded for more IDI nonsense.

As for the Christmas tour in question, she states it was done 2 DAYS, not 2 years before the murder. Anyway, I'm rambling. There was so much bs in that special and the kicker is that there was exclusive home movie footage from the Christmas party on the 23rd supplied by... drumroll...John Ramsey. Hmm, exclusives from the Ramseys, interviews only with pro-Ramsey sources. Sounds super balanced.

You may get your wish as far as San Augustin goes, DFF. We might not see him for a while.

This incident has concerned me for a long time, and I do believe that it holds a key to what happened 2 days later. The Whites may well know what happened that evening, and added to everything they experienced on 12/26, and after, when JR and PR threw them to the wolves with no hesitation, they understand exactly who the Ramseys *really* are and not the mere image they have tried to portray all along.

Here's what it says in DOI, pb, pg 101 (and this is all the Rs say about it.)

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call remains somewhat of a mystery.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-911-phone-call-during-the-party-on-the-23rd

This is probably one place that I saw something about FW having made that call on the 23rd. Later on, it is said that his mother was really out partying somewhere and there would have been no need to make a phone call about her medication.

Sounds like quote is the Ramsey's version. I don't know if FW actually said it at all but maybe he did. But if FW made the mistaken phone call, then he would have been right there beside the phone when 911 rang back to see if everything was ok. Instead, they only got voice mail and had to send someone out to the house.

To me, whether someone called 911 by mistake or not, they would have picked up the phone when it rang a few seconds later. That's normal. What happened is not normal. What happened is that no one answered it, the call went on to voice mail and still no one answered it, and then the pit bull, Susan Stine made up a story to tell the police to make them go away.

To me it could have been a cry for help. Then that cry was further stifled by someone who wouldn't allow the person (child?) to answer the phone when it rang again seconds later. Then a discussion was had about whatever happened and what to do about it. Susan Stine was appointed spokesperson who would tell the story/lie that would get rid of the police. (I'm sorry I called her Linda before; it's Susan.)

But it's suspicious to me, that strange 911 call two nights before the murder. First the 911 call, then no answer when the 911 operator picked up, no answer when the operator called back, and a probably lie when the police arrived. Apparently Susan Stine didn't even answer the door! She told the police through a speaker that everything was fine. (in other words--don't come in here. Go away.)

To be fair, the Associated Press article on the incident I posted on the other page said that the police didn't call back seconds later, but 6 minutes later. Which I hope is inaccurate because wtf? What if someone really was in danger? They could have died in six minutes!

But still, who accidentally calls 911, realizes they've made a mistake, and just hangs up instead of explaining? Maybe it's just me but 911 is serious business, I'd never just hang up on them. You know they have to follow up on things like that. I would like to know if the caller said anything to the dispatcher or not. Of course we'll never know.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-911-phone-call-during-the-party-on-the-23rd

This is probably one place that I saw something about FW having made that call on the 23rd. Later on, it is said that his mother was really out partying somewhere and there would have been no need to make a phone call about her medication.

Sounds like quote is the Ramsey's version. I don't know if FW actually said it at all but maybe he did. But if FW made the mistaken phone call, then he would have been right there beside the phone when 911 rang back to see if everything was ok. Instead, they only got voice mail and had to send someone out to the house.

To me, whether someone called 911 by mistake or not, they would have picked up the phone when it rang a few seconds later. That's normal. What happened is not normal. What happened is that no one answered it, the call went on to voice mail and still no one answered it, and then the pit bull, Susan Stine made up a story to tell the police to make them go away.

To me it could have been a cry for help. Then that cry was further stifled by someone who wouldn't allow the person (child?) to answer the phone when it rang again seconds later. Then a discussion was had about whatever happened and what to do about it. Susan Stine was appointed spokesperson who would tell the story/lie that would get rid of the police. (I'm sorry I called her Linda before; it's Susan.)

But it's suspicious to me, that strange 911 call two nights before the murder. First the 911 call, then no answer when the 911 operator picked up, no answer when the operator called back, and a probably lie when the police arrived. Apparently Susan Stine didn't even answer the door! She told the police through a speaker that everything was fine. (in other words--don't come in here. Go away.)

write,
Excellent post. So was FW's mother out partying or lying sick in hospital? I reckon it's just a story made up by the R's to explain away one child assaulting another child, plain and simple.

Note the link here, once again the Stine's. After JonBenet was killed the Stine's and the R's became best of buddies, anything to do with the 911 call, of course Susan Stine knows where the skeletons are buried, as Doug Stine might know also.

Hospitalized patients only get their meds from the hospital pharmacy except on rare exception with a physician's order for an outside med, and that's how it's been for many years. There wouldn't be any case where these meds would be arranged by telephone, however. Example: grandmother takes some off-the-wall vitamin the hospital doesn't keep in stock and she thinks it's vital to her ongoing health, so her provider writes an order for that home med.
So, I think we can safely debunk the PR version of that story.

Hospitalized patients only get their meds from the hospital pharmacy except on rare exception with a physician's order for an outside med, and that's how it's been for many years. There wouldn't be any case where these meds would be arranged by telephone, however. Example: grandmother takes some off-the-wall vitamin the hospital doesn't keep in stock and she thinks it's vital to her ongoing health, so her provider writes an order for that home med.
So, I think we can safely debunk the PR version of that story.

I wish we could debunk it with 100% certainty. First, I wonder why the Ramseys claimed that it was FW who made the call? And to narrow it down specifically to his MIL's health condition. Does that imply that FW went along with this story? I tend to think FW is a pretty honest person so if he said he called about his MIL's medicine, then he probably did. Yet I don't see FW as being involved in anything out of the ordinary; as a matter of fact, it always seemed to be the Whites who were concerned and trying to be helpful. And it seems to have come out later that the MIL wasn't even in a hospital at all.

Or maybe JR made that story up long after the fact, long after the friendship with the Whites had ceased. But the Stines. Again. Susan Stine getting the police out of the way. Why? and why HER and not someone else? What stake did she have in whatever was going on?She did know something and look at how they bonded with the Ramseys later on. Seems like somebody made a 911 call. Then they didn't even apologize or say even one word to the 911 operator? Okay, if the operator didn't call back for six minutes, it's understandable that the person wouldn't have been sitting by the phone anymore. But to call 911 and not say a word?

I dialed 911 once by accident. I was trying to dial 411--information. Did I just hang up the phone? No! I said--"OMG, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call 911." The operator asked repeatedly if everything was all right and I explained that I meant to call 411. I was so embarrassed and apologetic. The operator stayed on the phone with me and made sure that I was ok. I THINK I'm normal :) and that would be the normal think to do. Unless something really WAS wrong at the Ramseys and somebody grabbed the phone out of their hand. Or put their hand over their mouth. Or made a threatening gesture.

The police were right to go to that house when someone called 911 and didn't speak. But where does Susan Stine come into it? Her son? She knew what must have been happening? I doubt that she was some angel who just wanted to protect the Ramseys. She probably had a dog in that game.

"Unless something really WAS wrong at the Ramseys and somebody grabbed the phone out of their hand. Or put their hand over their mouth. Or made a threatening gesture."

That's the kind of scenario I had in mind if the person who called never spoke to 911.

As for why throw FW and his MIL under the bus? Good question. My guess is it's just reflex, they tied Fleet to every tiny thing they could. Sure he could easily refute it, but they knew he and Priscilla weren't directly disputing anything the Ramseys said publicly, so why would they break their silence to call them out on a little throwaway story in their crappy book? After all, John Ramsey stated publicly (and iirc, also to the police!?) that FW was the one who came up with the idea they do that first CNN interview, in fact that he INSISTED they do it. But we all know the big argument in Atlanta was about him disagreeing with the Rs doing that interview (among other things). Fibbing about FW calling 911 in a book that is full of obvious lies and distortions is small potatoes in the long run.

Did the 1st 911 call ever come up in the police interviews? I don't recall them ever being questioned about it, which would be weird. Thomas and Kolar don't say much about the call either. Did the Ramseys ever go on the record about that, besides in their own book?

"Unless something really WAS wrong at the Ramseys and somebody grabbed the phone out of their hand. Or put their hand over their mouth. Or made a threatening gesture."

That's the kind of scenario I had in mind if the person who called never spoke to 911.

As for why throw FW and his MIL under the bus? Good question. My guess is it's just reflex, they tied Fleet to every tiny thing they could. Sure he could easily refute it, but they knew he and Priscilla weren't directly disputing anything the Ramseys said publicly, so why would they break their silence to call them out on a little throwaway story in their crappy book? After all, John Ramsey stated publicly (and iirc, also to the police!?) that FW was the one who came up with the idea they do that first CNN interview, in fact that he INSISTED they do it. But we all know the big argument in Atlanta was about him disagreeing with the Rs doing that interview (among other things). Fibbing about FW calling 911 in a book that is full of obvious lies and distortions is small potatoes in the long run.

Did the 1st 911 call ever come up in the police interviews? I don't recall them ever being questioned about it, which would be weird. Thomas and Kolar don't say much about the call either. Did the Ramseys ever go on the record about that, besides in their own book?

Yes, the Ramseys said any old thing in their book, even that FW wanted them to go on CNN when it was just the opposite.

So they probably made that story up about FW calling 911 about his MIL too. It figures.

I can imagine JBR making that call--maybe so, maybe not, but even at five yrs old, a kid knows to call 911 for help. There were a lot of people at that party and the kids were probably off together in one part of the house. Maybe even playing in the basement. (wasn't there a phone in the basement?) Maybe a few of the boys were doing things to her and she tried to call for help. One of the boys made her hang up the phone. They wouldn't let her pick up the phone when 911 called back.

But that leads to...how did it go from that to Susan Stine seemingly knowing what was going on and refusing to let the police into the house? Within just a few minutes too. Unless (and this is far fetched speculating) JBR screamed, Patsy heard her and investigated, quickly alerted Susan and Susan "manned" the door. She never even opened the door! How suspicious is that! She just spoke to the police through the speaker system. And that would mean that both Patsy and Susan knew what was going on, that a boy or boys were doing things to JBR. Which might also explain why the Stines became like velcro to the Ramseys afterwards and why Burke is still friends with their son, Doug to this day apparently.

Interesting, write - do you have a source for BR and DS still being friends? I wouldn't be at all surprised but I've never heard that before. The Ramsey-Stine relationship is incredibly puzzling.

(Sorry for the delayed responses! Been trick or treating with the grandbaby! FUN!)
THIS was so interesting! Thank you for this! Okay so basically a 911 call was made from the home on the night of the 23rd, the kids were apparently there. Supposedly it was FW calling in regards to his mother's medication in the hospital. This is the Ramsey's account at least. 911 calls back and no one answers so they come to the house only to be turned away by a speaker? No face to face contact with the cops.
HMM! First thing that jumps to my mind is many stated how clingy JonBenet had been in the days leading up to Christmas. Maybe for good reason. JMOO and a theory but.... if the parents were downstairs going through a few cases of red wine.... where were the kids after the gingerbread houses were made? Maybe upstairs entertaining themselves? Is it possible that BR and DS was up to no good with JonBenet? Maybe they were in the basement even. Maybe JonBenet called for help and was shut up. That could very well be why SS became a pitbull for the Ramsey's. She was protecting her own son too. How much age difference was between BR and DS? Was he the kid that was supposedly under the porch or something with their pants down? JonBenet had been being messed with leading up to that final night by someone.
I would REALLY hope that FW and PW come out and do an interview and tell everything they know. I bet money FW wasn't the one who made that call and probably had no clue it was even blamed on him until the DOI book came out?
I am beginning to seriously think that the two missing hours from the CBS doc is mainly FW and PW spilling the beans and giving the experts all the info that's been missing for so long. They may actually be recording more episodes to follow those leads now. If only LW hadn't threatened to sue..... well maybe this wouldn't be all coming out now.
This opens up so many more possibilities too. Who all else was at that party? Surely by now they've alienated half of those that attended the party. Time to start interviewing! Re question everyone. I bet many stories will change now. Whatever happened at that party was very important to what happened on the 26th. JonBenet wasn't feeling pretty remember? Was it because the boys told her that? Why would she feel not pretty? Then Christmas at the White's she wasn't feeling good either. Sounds like things were spiraling out of control. Poor JonBenet was stuck in the middle and was murdered. No one helped her when they should have. That has to be the reason the GJ came to their conclusions. Thinking about that precious child stuck in that situation with no help from those who should be protecting her. I wish I could hug her right now. It hurts my heart so terribly to know she may have been being tortured. It might have started out as playing doctor and maybe JonBenet thought it was normal and okay. Until it started hurting. Until she didn't want to do it anymore. then what happened? :(

PL, the boy who was supposedly under the porch with BR was his friend Evan, who Patsy also blamed the unflushed toilet in the basement on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back