The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, looks like doenetwork does:

Projects

We have several projects at this time. One is a joint effort with National Crime Information Center consisting of off-line searches for unidentified victims in cases we have selected to send them. Some cases have already been solved; others are on the verge of being closed.

We also cooperate with Project EDAN (which stands for Everyone Deserves A Name) which is a group of volunteer forensic artists who donate their time and skills to create reconstructions and age-progressions of the Missing and Unidentified. The artists' work is offered to law enforcement agencies and is also featured on our Web site.

I will research tomorrow if it is still possible to do a facial recon with the remains they have--which may be a trick in itself lol. If so, perhaps we can find a way to get this done. What do you think?

Lion

Hi Lion,
Yes, I believe it would still be possible for them to do the facial recon. Princess Blue's body is still be held at the location below as I stated way back when on page 5. So yes I believe Princess Blue would be available for them to do the face reconstruction. I think it would be a good idea to see what doenetwork.org could do in regards to getting that done.

04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
RKnowley

I have a question?? I wonder if it's possible for a forensic facial reconstruction to be done of Princess Blue's (Lion, you are right that she should have her own name)face? I know one of the articles stated that her skeleton is being held at the facility below.

The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

I will research tomorrow if it is still possible to do a facial recon with the remains they have--which may be a trick in itself lol. If so, perhaps we can find a way to get this done. What do you think?

Lion

I wouldn't exactly call myself a smarty pants, lol :doh: Not sure what I would need to do in order to become one?? Just thought I'd ask you. I thought you would have first hand experience :laugh: hehe.. Just kidding sweetie.

well miss smarty pants! LOL..just kidding. I love that site!!!!
Thx

Hi Lion,
Yes, I believe it would still be possible for them to do the facial recon. Princess Blue's body is still be held at the location below as I stated way back when on page 5. So yes I believe Princess Blue would be available for them to do the face reconstruction. I think it would be a good idea to see what doenetwork.org could do in regards to getting that done.

04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
RKnowley

I have a question?? I wonder if it's possible for a forensic facial reconstruction to be done of Princess Blue's (Lion, you are right that she should have her own name)face? I know one of the articles stated that her skeleton is being held at the facility below.

The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Funny Miss smarty pants:D. Well, I guess that's better than referring to yourself as a scandalous bedpan. That may be best left to richandfamous:eek::D.

Actually, the rep from The Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse would not tell me what the manner of death was. I don't know if she knows or not. So I was wondering whether or not poor Princess Blues face was intact in order to do a facial recon. I was going to ask her tomorrow about that. Or maybe I should call the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth.

Lion

LOL on the bedpan. I do prefer the smarty pants to the bedpan any day, lol.

Good question about Princess Blue's face. I just recall in the description of Princess Blue being found by the man who had to urinate and chose to do so where Princess Blue was found it stated that her skull was found inside an old tire. That lead me to think that her skull was most likely intact but it may not have been. I just want to believe that it indeed was.

Funny Miss smarty pants:D. Well, I guess that's better than referring to yourself as a scandalous bedpan. That may be best left to richandfamous:eek::D.

Actually, the rep from The Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse would not tell me what the manner of death was. I don't know if she knows or not. So I was wondering whether or not poor Princess Blues face was intact in order to do a facial recon. I was going to ask her tomorrow about that. Or maybe I should call the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth.

Lion

Thanks to jewelssleuther's spot on research I uncovered a couple of things that may or may not be important. Upon reading up on Robert Charles Browne he seems to me to be a wide range serial killer of primarily petite young women and girls. That fits. He has known victims in LA, TX, CO. and AK, and some of his victims were young and short statured.

There's a thread in Cold Cases on Robert Charles Browne here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41462&highlight=robert+browne

Here's more recent info on Browne:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_5408768

LE has a hard time confirming all his alleged murders. I'm sure he's killed more people than the two murders he's currently serving time for. He also expects favors for this info, like better conditions in jail. It's hard to say how much is truth and how much is just made up stuff. The guy is a little crazy to begin with.

I think you all are doing a great job locating stuff to solve this case.

LionRun,

Yes, we do know for a fact that the high school ring Princess Doe was wearing came from that class. You are correct that we don't know how that ring came to be in the possession of Princess Doe. I was wondering what size Princess Doe's other rings were that she had on. I guess that isn't noted anywhere. I have this weird scenario in my mind that maybe the ring belonged to the murderer of Princess Doe (If indeed she was murdered) and that they placed the ring on her finger as their signature. I know that's probably way off but it is a possibility. I think I've watched too many CSI's and Criminal Mind's..lol

Here is the information on the agency you would contact with any information on this case.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Harris County Medical Examiner
713-796-9292
Or
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
U0310014 NCIC Number:
U-940003426
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

ETA: I wonder if you could just contact Harris County, Texas LE??

Richandfamous just re-sent all of the Texas missing girls and women that she had previously found through her dogged research. I checked it out, and I think I found a facial recon of our Princess Blue. Note: She is described here as white. Also, we don't know how long her hair was or the texture and color, so we may need to focus solely on her facial features when comparing her to pics of possible matches. Note also that we now have an estimated TOD. When this was first done they may not have known the TOD.

RKnowley, the number U0310014 matches with what is posted in post 23 on WS. Are we positive that Princess Blue is the same person described in post 23? I can't find where we matched the info in post 23 to post one(original post by teons with doenetwork.org info). Note, the date found, 9/10/90 matches. Please also note that if this is her they did NOT account for her described weight. A tiny person 4' 10" to 5' 2" weighing 175LB. would surely have a fuller face and neck. 175 for a person that small is considered medically to be obese. I don't understand why they wouldn't have accounted for that in her recon. Hmmm.

ETA: There is no longer a weight on the site below(link). I think we can now include those who weighed less than 175LB. In addition, she is listed as White instead of Hispanic. Her TOD has been changed to unknown.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Unidentified.asp

Case Number: U0310014

Race: White

Agency: Harris Co. Medical Examiner's Office

Hair: Unknown

Date Found: 9/10/1990

Estimated Date of Death: Unknown

Lion

This is an article from 2006 that talks about Princess Doe:

Manvel, Texas
Manvel Police Department
POC: Jay Coffman - 281-489-1212
Saturday, September 2, 2006

Ring is top clue in cold case

Teens Remains were found along Brazoria County road in 1990
By: Richard Stewart (richard.stewart@chron.com), Houston Chronicle

ANGLETON, TEXAS - A well-worn ring from the 1975 class of Houston's Robert E. Lee High School is the main evidence police have to try to unravel a 16-year-old mystery. It was found on the finger of a skeleton at the end of a Brazoria County road in 1990.

"It's not much to go on," said Manvel police Detective Jay Coffman, "but it's about all we've got."

In the nine years since the remains were found, investigators have not been able to tell what happened to the female victim, how she got to be on a pile of debris or, more importantly, who she was.

"Somebody's missing this girl," Coffman said, holding the ring. Somebody is missing the ring, too, he said, because he doubts it originally belonged to the victim.

A medical examiner's report estimated that the skeleton found on September 10, 1990, was that of a girl about 17 years old, plus or minus two years, Coffman said. She would have been far too young for the 1975 class ring to be hers.

"It could have been given to her by an aunt, an older sisters, by anybody," Coffman said.

Richard Rosser, an investigator with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department, is working with Coffman to solve the mystery.

"Back then, Brazoria County was a dumping ground for bodies of people killed in Houston," Rosser said. "It seemed like we had at least one a month."

The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He told investigators that he stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.

Investigators have no clues as to how she died. No traces of drugs were found in the bone marrow. Medical examiners estimated she had been dead six months to a year.

The victim was about 5 feet tall, plus or minus 2 inches. Medical examiners said the skeleton was probably that of a Hispanic female.

Investigators looked at dozens of different reports of missing teenage girls, but none seemed to match the skeleton.

Three rings were on the skeleton's fingers. One was silver with a scroll design, another had a turquoise unicorn on it. But investigators think the 1975 Lee High School ring probably has the best chance of leading to her identity.

A jeweler recently told investigators the ring was a size 91/2 and had been resized twice. The person it fit was probably about 175 pounds.

An ornate "L" inlaid in the blue stone could have stood for the owner's last name or for Lee High School. The company that made Lee High School's rings doesn't have records from 1975, Rosser said.

The Lee class of 1975 probably had about 150 girls, Rosser said. He would like to hear from any of them who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else. The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

If investigators get new leads, they can try to test the DNA of relatives to identify her.

"We would at least have a name," Coffman said.

Anyone with information about this case can contact Manvel Police Detective Jay Coffman at 281-489-1212 or e-mail him at jcoffman@manvelpd.org.
This and other cases are profiled online at the Texas Department of Public Safety's missing persons database: www.txpdsdps.state.tx.us/mpch/ (<--Note: This link is not good anymore) [<--The link may still be good, but was possibly put in incomplete. The link below is the link to the page where there is a description of who I think is our Princess Doe. Sorry about the red. I didn't want to interfere with what was quoted by another person. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Unidentified.asp]

Please see what I wrote in red. What do you think?

Lion

Excellent question. I doubt her skull had hair for 2 reasons. One, I think they may have included hair color/type had there been hair left. And, two, she was laying out in the open for about 6 mo. to a year. Hair falls out of the skull and is usually blown away by that time. There are cases where if the body is buried or in closed container of some kind(bag, box, shed, etc..), hair can remain for years before decomposing. But, probably not in this case.

Lion

Thanks for the response--I forgot to take into account that she was exposed to the elements. About your comments on Browne, I did read that he was from Louisiana, so perhaps the Sugarland area is an area that he traveled through to get to LA?

me175.jpg

5'2", about 175-178lbs. Just so y ou have someone to compare it to.

MG

me175.jpg

5'2", about 175-178lbs. Just so y ou have someone to compare it to.

MG

What a nice picture of you and Mr G!:blowkiss: . And, I must say, I do love your decor, too! You have great taste, my friend!

I spoke with Chief Investigator Brown at the coroners office that handles Englewood, OH just the other day about an unrelated case involving Wendy Felton. He was very nice, and I asked as many questions as I though he would answer. He said that from the 6 long bones of a person's skeletal remains the actual accuracy rate of the determination of height in life in generally better than what we see with the large height ranges.

However, because once in a while mistakes in measurements or calculations do occur, each state requires that a particular range be set. If you want to know the most likely height of a UID, go for the middle number. Again, if there was an error the true height in life could be a little to the left or right of the range. I asked what about plain old type-O's. He said certainly that can and does happen; however, rarely.

Our Princess Blue was more likely 5' tall in life---unless one of several mistakes led to the range given of 4' 10" to 5' 2". Geesh, my brain is fried. I feel like I am back in Pre-Vet. I have been researching the medical/craniofacial anthropometry/forensics so much that I am dreaming in my sleep about it. They are sooooome funky dreams, too:eek:.

Lion

Ok--the age is off, but the picture looks similar to the composite that Lion posted.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/1/200112:22:00PM'

Hi Julessleuther:). The age is off; but, we may want to keep this along with the others that rich found to reevaluate later. There is a site explaining how to estimate the age at TOD using skeletal remains at

http://www.anthro4n6.net/forensics/

There are specific changes in bones and teeth that occur at fairly specific time periods, particularly in younger people. So, I don't think this is her; but, who knows? It could be.

Lion

New Picture of Princess Blue
u0310014a.jpg

This is one of the missing girls from texas that looks something like PB.
However, this girl is to old. (24)

M8903009.jpg

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/15/20014:11:27PM'
Name: Anna Jovita Mallari
Case Number: M8903009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: El Paso (El Paso County)
Last Seen on: 12/1/1988
Height: 5' 0 "
Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 24
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 10/5/1964
Race: Other
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Mallari has a c-section scar on her abdomen. She was reported missing by her employer when she did not show up for work.

24 is borderline too old. She was estimated at between 16 and 22. She is most likely somewhere in the middle. But, Chief Investigator Brown said it is possible to be off by a couple of years, it is just not that likely. I think we need to keep these on file to look further if we find no one else who fits better. What do you think?

Lion

Yes, probably would be a good idea. You know, I was thinking maybe PB was not listed as missing in Texas. Maybe she was just there looking for the elusive parent she carried the ring for. I am thinking this because none of the missing girls in texas seem to match very well.

Yes, probably would be a good idea. You know, I was thinking maybe PB was not listed as missing in Texas. Maybe she was just there looking for the elusive parent she carried the ring for. I am thinking this because none of the missing girls in texas seem to match very well.

I agree, that is possible. She may have gone missing from another county or state and adjacent LE's didn't share the info. That still happens, and it Happened even more before the internet and better communication. She may have visited the area as a surprise, when meanwhile no one from her home knew where to look for her.

Lion

Update Picture Of Princess Blue

u0310014a.jpg

I believe they have updated this picture because our Lion has been nipping at their heels!
Kudos LionRun, you rock!

I have looked at all the missing possibles from texas and I don't see any that could be her. I am thinking maybe we should look at missing girls in surrounding states in that time frame.

Rich clicked on the tiny(not so great) pic of Princess Blue from http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/.and a bunch of info came up. She saw that everything has been updated. She is described as white, weight - unknown, and there is a much better pic just re-done by someone via the Manvel PD.

If you are reading Sgt. Coffman, thank you. This helps us, and we want to help you to find Princess Blue' identity, her family, and perhaps who might have klled her.

u0310014a.jpg

I wonder if someone inadvertently stated something incorrect about how Princess's weight in life was determined. It was so long ago, so it would be understandable. What if her weight was determined primarily based on her ring size, LE and all of us thought that her weight estimate was also backed up by forensics; but, in fact it was never done? I think that is possible. I will put it in my list of questions for Sgt. Coffman.

Lion

It's okay doc. We all do that at one time or another:).

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member