The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've kept some notes so hopefully I can get to all the different points and put some of your minds at ease, at least about some of the questions. Okay, first, PB was discovered in Manvel Tx, as you know, which is in BRAZORIA county as you also know (but not Brazilia or Brazos, as I have seen). So Manvel PD is currently the lead, but that doesn't mean that Brazoria County Sheriff's Office won't assist in the investigation. Co-mingling of resources, esp. in more rural areas, which much of TX still is, is quite common. Sgt. Coffman is the lead, but he is also involved in many other investigations, so your understanding of that is appreciated. (I think there was a "cops are as slow as molasses" comment from someone.) There are several other persons involved in this case as it does seem to have some good leads. The request for a facial reproduction of PB came months ago, from LE, but the process takes a little time. (The investigators are in one place, the bones in another, the artist in another...etc.)

Welcome to Websleuths!!!! We are happy to have you assist in any way possible!

Hi all-
Sable, your quote of the different types of forensic art is right on! In fact, yu don't want any soft tissue present on the bone for the reconstruction effort. You want to study the topography of the bone and build from the inside out.

The smaller drawing of PB on the TXMPCH site (w/ short hair) was submitted the same day as the one w/ long hair (April 9th). The face is the same - they just show 2 diff. versions of your Princess' poss. appearance. The requaest for this next step in her investigaation came at the request of Brazoria County months ago, but the fact that they certainly know how you guys have taken PB under your wing must remain on their minds as well! Kudos for all your hard work!
BTW, for the record (since i can tell you are very careful to clarify what is fact, opinion, speculation and the like, and that. too, is appreciated), a "composite" is an image that is compiled from piecing together multiple parts from different sources resulting in one final image...like a suspect sketch. What's on-line of PB is a "facial reproduction from the skull." The clay ones are "facial reconstructions" built on top of the actual skull.

More soon, sloane

Welcome to websleuths Sloane! You really kn your stuff-which will be great in finding out who Princess Blue is. We're so happy you are here!

Thanks for the welcome teonspaleprincess and MissieMt! Sorry for all the type-o issues. I should proof read.

I can tell that you guys do a fair amount of your own research, and these days, it is everywhere! Which helps all become more informed. Gotta love the internet!
Another tidbit that may help in some of your long hours some of you put in . Computers pull possible matches on a regualr basis (weekly, if not daily) at centers for missing persons, which then the analysts pore through. It links all the componenets of the profiles like you guys have been doing by hand..age, date missing, stature, if known, ancestry, all of it. Just so you know...there IS a system for comparing Unidentifieds with Missing.

I've kept some notes so hopefully I can get to all the different points and put some of your minds at ease, at least about some of the questions. Okay, first, PB was discovered in Manvel Tx, as you know, which is in BRAZORIA county as you also know (but not Brazilia or Brazos, as I have seen). So Manvel PD is currently the lead, but that doesn't mean that Brazoria County Sheriff's Office won't assist in the investigation. Co-mingling of resources, esp. in more rural areas, which much of TX still is, is quite common. Sgt. Coffman is the lead, but he is also involved in many other investigations, so your understanding of that is appreciated. (I think there was a "cops are as slow as molasses" comment from someone.) There are several other persons involved in this case as it does seem to have some good leads. The request for a facial reproduction of PB came months ago, from LE, but the process takes a little time. (The investigators are in one place, the bones in another, the artist in another...etc.)

First, let me welcome you to WS! We are a great bunch here and have done some good work.
Second, that comment "slow as molasses" would be ME. That comment was made about another case, another PD in Erie PA. The only reason I am a little negative about it is because of the response I got and the response others have gotten from certain PD's. For instance, they (LE) say they don't have any idea who the missing person is and they don't have any idea who the doe network is...sometimes giving us the ole "yeah yeah, we'll look into it" attitude. I'm sorry if you have taken offense to anything I have said but my opinion was formed by personal experience. I have nothing against the Manvel PD at all. I have never talked to them and they seem to have taken out info and welcomed it, unlike some other PD's and LE's.
I am so glad you are here to help us. We need all the help we can get. Are you LE?
Again, welcome!

Another issue-
You guys were right in contemplating that the weight is a "zebra," as you call it. Her weight has absolutely not been determined. The only fact is the size of the class ring, and unfortunately, that threw many off, including the media. It was presumptuous of them, and the jeweler, to just stick a label of 175 # on her like that. Nobody knows that it was even PB's ring. Someone else could have had (and re-sized) it for years before it came into PB's possession. And you're right in saying that PB could have worn it on her forefinger or even thumb.
I'm sorry for all of you who have put so much time into searching for girls of that size... The jeweler was assuming a person wore it on their ring finger, I guess, and that's how he comes up w/ that weight, but some ppl. do just have bigger hands. It's simply a variable, not fact.

warmly, sloane

I wonder why they removed the side view of the high school ring on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse page? I guess they probably figured it wasn't important??

richandfamous,

No offense taken whatsoever! I truly think it's awesome that there are so many concerned ppl. trying to help. I know responses from LE can be slow, and stand-offish (is that a word?) at times. Many times it is because they have already thought of what a well-intended citizen has suggested to them, or it might even be a protocol that they follow but can't talk about. The down side of what you guys do here, is that you don't nec. have all the info. on the case bec. LE purposefully isn't making parts of it public knowledge. How frustrating for you! But if they tell you they are already following that line of leads, isn't the next question from the public going to be, "What did you find out?" One ? leads to another, to another, infinitely.
What I'm really enjoying about this forum is that it IS okay to just throw around ideas and info. and everyone works together. We all want the same result, right? A homecoming for the missing, names for the nameless, and punishment for the offenders!

warmly, sloane

RKnowley,
No, it is never treated as if it is not important. It is because the page is only so big. It won't hold more images than what is on there. (I know, I know - why can't they give the case more room if the clues are there, right?)
I understand.

sloane

BUT BUT..there are 2 views of the front of the ring, LOL! Why can't they remove one of those and add the side view of the ring or the view of PB with short hair? I know..picky picky ETA: Welcome to websleuths Sloane!

RKnowley,
No, it is never treated as if it is not important. It is because the page is only so big. It won't hold more images than what is on there. (I know, I know - why can't they give the case more room if the clues are there, right?)
I understand.

sloane

Sloane, Thanks for the "warm" reply.LOL.
I don't get pissy about LE guarding certain facts and not being able to tell us everything...it's when they are totally ignorant of certain resources that are out there that drives me insane.
Ok, I'm done ranting. :D
You are right, it is a great forum that we can throw out all kinds of opinion and not get our heads chopped off. We love opinionated ppl!

:truce:

You are right, it is a great forum that we can throw out all kinds of opinion and not get our heads chopped off. We love opinionated ppl!

:truce:

:hand: Yeah, I should fit right in(about the opinionated) :croc: !! I am guessing that many of these cold cases were "inherited", so many details are outdated or missing. When we start researching, sometimes it may light a fire under LE, and sometimes it may make them indignant that amateur sleuthers want to solve the case!

Sloane, welcome to WebSleuths! It's always great to have someone contribute with fresh ideas and insight on the things we might not know as much about.

I decided to search Google and eBay for the unicorn ring. So far, I've been unable to find a ring that looks like PB's. (but I have found a few that I want to buy now! :rolleyes:) The closest I came on eBay was http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Silver-Turquo...goryZ288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem The other rings on eBay didn't have any turquoise. Looking at the picture of the ring, though, I wonder if maybe it's actually a horse. I couldn't see the horn...can anyone else?

Another possibility but probably not being she was last seen September 5, 1990. That would be only 5 days prior to when PB was found:

MARTHA WES DUNN
[SIZE=+1]Age Progression[/SIZE]
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jun 22, 1975
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 5, 1990
Age Now: 31
Race: White
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Weight: 95 lbs (43 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing City: DAINGERFIELD
Missing State : TX
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC745077
Circumstances: Martha's photo is shown age-progressed to 29 years. She may be with a male companion.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

First, let me welcome you to WS! We are a great bunch here and have done some good work.
Second, that comment "slow as molasses" would be ME. That comment was made about another case, another PD in Erie PA. The only reason I am a little negative about it is because of the response I got and the response others have gotten from certain PD's. For instance, they (LE) say they don't have any idea who the missing person is and they don't have any idea who the doe network is...sometimes giving us the ole "yeah yeah, we'll look into it" attitude. I'm sorry if you have taken offense to anything I have said but my opinion was formed by personal experience. I have nothing against the Manvel PD at all. I have never talked to them and they seem to have taken out info and welcomed it, unlike some other PD's and LE's.
I am so glad you are here to help us. We need all the help we can get. Are you LE?
Again, welcome!

LOL, it seems like when it comes to LE, we all turn into "in-a-rush" New Yorkers. Lionrun and I were talking about this, and you haven't seen anything till you've worked with the sherriff's dept. in Alabama... OMG it takes them 10 mins to say one sentence, lol. Then again I talk so fast...

MG

BUT BUT..there are 2 views of the front of the ring, LOL! Why can't they remove one of those and add the side view of the ring or the view of PB with short hair? I know..picky picky ETA: Welcome to websleuths Sloane!

Aahh...so there are...two photos of the same view of the same ring doesn't make sense to me either. I'm sure it can be changed.

Hopefully the images of PB and accompanying clues will be put around to the local area (if not moreso) and put in papers, if not on television.

sloane

Hi all-
Sable, your quote of the different types of forensic art is right on! In fact, yu don't want any soft tissue present on the bone for the reconstruction effort. You want to study the topography of the bone and build from the inside out.

The smaller drawing of PB on the TXMPCH site (w/ short hair) was submitted the same day as the one w/ long hair (April 9th). The face is the same - they just show 2 diff. versions of your Princess' poss. appearance. The requaest for this next step in her investigaation came at the request of Brazoria County months ago, but the fact that they certainly know how you guys have taken PB under your wing must remain on their minds as well! Kudos for all your hard work!
BTW, for the record (since i can tell you are very careful to clarify what is fact, opinion, speculation and the like, and that. too, is appreciated), a "composite" is an image that is compiled from piecing together multiple parts from different sources resulting in one final image...like a suspect sketch. What's on-line of PB is a "facial reproduction from the skull." The clay ones are "facial reconstructions" built on top of the actual skull.

More soon, sloane

Cool Beans!

Our Princess Blue looks like she has a "strong" square jawline in her sketch. IMO

Another possibility but probably not being she was last seen September 5, 1990. That would be only 5 days prior to when PB was found:

MARTHA WES DUNN
[SIZE=+1]Age Progression[/SIZE]
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jun 22, 1975
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 5, 1990
Age Now: 31
Race: White
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Weight: 95 lbs (43 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing City: DAINGERFIELD
Missing State : TX
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC745077
Circumstances: Martha's photo is shown age-progressed to 29 years. She may be with a male companion.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I have made an overlay of PB so I can check any possible matches you guys may have.

RKnowley, close but I did an overlay and the nose, mouth and eyes do not match.

Yea and Martha's jaw seems to be longer than Princess Blue's?

PS..thanks for doing the overlay!

ETA: Hey rich..have you tried the overlay on any of the yearbook photos to see if PB comes close to resembling any of them?

I have made an overlay of PB so I can check any possible matches you guys may have.

RKnowley, close but I did an overlay and the nose, mouth and eyes do not match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum