The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some mirror sites of 5 of the articles in case they get taken down and we need to refer back to them at some point.

http://www.geocities.com/uidprincessblue/1.html

Just replace the 1 with 2, 3, 4, or 5 to see the other mirror sites. I don't have time right now to make a front page with links to them yet, but should be able to tonight or tomorrow. Also, the first one I mirrored doesn't look exactly like the original site, but the neccessary info is there. Some of the links might not work, too.

After hearing there's a probability of african american ancestry, I checked DoeNetwork again. I found this:

The Doe Network:
Case File 2214DFTX

KSCheatham.jpg
KSCheatham1.jpg

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing since April 12, 1989 from Dallas, Texas
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 14, 1968
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'6"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kimberly Cheatham was last seen on April 12, 1989 in Dallas, TX.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074
NCIC Number: M-354364143
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety

Side by side:

untitled.jpg

Kimberley has Caucasian features for sure and does resemble Princess Blue's recon. I have no idea how accurate the height is. 4'6" is possible, but it is a very uncommon height. I wonder if they don't mean 5'6" or 4'9"(still very uncommon), or who knows what? I do have a feeling that the height may be a typo only because there are only a handful of people of that height. She looks looks more African American than White to me, and I trust that the top forensics team got it right concerning Princess Blue's ancestry. However, when looking strictly at her facial structure because that is all we have with her remains, I think there are enough Caucasian features and similarities to Princess Blue to do more research and to submit this as a possible match. What does everyone else think?

I emailed Sgt. Coffman with Michelle Doherty's info last night as a possible match. Most matches we make will probably not be her. But, with persistence and good research we may one day submit the right match or help ID Princess in some way. I am happy and proud to be working with such an absolutely wonderful, dedicated group of people here.

Lion

Are we making a list of possible matches and submitting that to LE, instead of sending them in one by one? IIRC, Lion is in charge of contacting Manvel LE, and questions, poss. matches, etc. are going to be compiled and then submitted together so that we aren't constantly contacting LE. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Also, does anyone think the height difference between Princess Blue and Kimberly is too much? I think someone said something along the lines of the 4'10'' - 5'2'' translated to most likely 5' and 2 inches was added either way in case there was some mistake in calculation of height? 4'6'' seems awfully short, could it be a typo?

Hi Sable:). So gar I sent in to Sgt. Coffman info on Blanca, Ginger, and Michelle Doherty. I have heard that it is most likely not Ginger or Blanca, but I just sent in Michelle's info last night. I have been sending in possible matches(just 3 so far), one by one so as not to overwhelm a very small one man office. Originally, I think we thought about sending the possible matches in all together, but that truly might overwhelm such a small department with limited resources. What are your thoughts?

I also think the height for Kimberley may be a typo. I am going to google her name to see what other info I can possible find.

Lion

Made some mirror sites of 5 of the articles in case they get taken down and we need to refer back to them at some point.

Just replace the 1 with 2, 3, 4, or 5 to see the other mirror sites. I don't have time right now to make a front page with links to them yet, but should be able to tonight or tomorrow. Also, the first one I mirrored doesn't look exactly like the original site, but the neccessary info is there. Some of the links might not work, too.

Thank you Sable!

Lion

Kimberley has Caucasian features for sure and does resemble Princess Blue's recon. I have no idea how accurate the height is. 4'6" is possible, but it is a very uncommon height. I wonder if they don't mean 5'6" or 4'9"(still very uncommon), or who knows what? I do have a feeling that the height may be a typo only because there are only a handful of people of that height. She looks looks more African American than White to me, and I trust that the top forensics team got it right concerning Princess Blue's ancestry. However, when looking strictly at her facial structure because that is all we have with her remains, I think there are enough Caucasian features and similarities to Princess Blue to do more research and to submit this as a possible match. What does everyone else think?

I emailed Sgt. Coffman with Michelle Doherty's info last night as a possible match. Most matches we make will probably not be her. But, with persistence and good research we may one day submit the right match or help ID Princess in some way. I am happy and proud to be working with such an absolutely wonderful, dedicated group of people here.

Lion

Well, at first they thought she was white, then possibly hispanic.... now they are saying White with an African American parent or grandparents.

That nose and the lips match Princess Blue almost identically.
There's no way to know if she had short hair or long hair, so that part of the sketch is likely off. The cheeks and jaw look to be a match too. And the areas are close right?

Thanks, I had already saved all the articles to my hard drive just in case.

Well, at first they thought she was white, then possibly hispanic.... now they are saying White with an African American parent or grandparents.

That nose and the lips match Princess Blue almost identically.
There's no way to know if she had short hair or long hair, so that part of the sketch is likely off. The cheeks and jaw look to be a match too. And the areas are close right?

Unfortunately, the original examination in 1990 of Princess Blue's remains were done by an ME, when a forensic anthropologist would have been much more qualified. The ME saw there was a slight difference in the features of her skeletal structure from what a mainly Caucasian skeletal structure would be. But, he/she got it wrong. Just a few months ago a top forensics team re-examined Princess Blue's remains and determined that is considered to be Caucasian with the possibility of mixed raced African American ancestry. This means that to most of us she would most likely appear to be White. Some of us may notice African American features, some of us may not.

If the same people re-examined Princess Blue's remains and changed their minds from White to White/Hispanic to White with the possibility of mixed race African American ancestry, I would be more skeptical of her true heritage. However, I see it as the ME, not fully qualified, made an error, and that the forensics team who recently examined her got it right.

Kimberly has several Caucasian features, so even though her skin is dark, I believe she is a possible match. She has the square jawline, and I see other similarities. I haven't googled Kimberly yet, but I hope I can find more info about her.

Lion

Are we making a list of possible matches and submitting that to LE, instead of sending them in one by one? IIRC, Lion is in charge of contacting Manvel LE, and questions, poss. matches, etc. are going to be compiled and then submitted together so that we aren't constantly contacting LE. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Also, does anyone think the height difference between Princess Blue and Kimberly is too much? I think someone said something along the lines of the 4'10'' - 5'2'' translated to most likely 5' and 2 inches was added either way in case there was some mistake in calculation of height? 4'6'' seems awfully short, could it be a typo?

I think because the info has changed so much we really can't discount someone not in the height range. I think Kimberly strongly resembles Princess Blue. I say email it in. Can't hurt.

130lbs at 4'6'' calculates to a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 31.1 and 180lbs at 5'4'' (closer to an average height) calculates to a BMI of 30.9, so that could mean that the size of the class ring might match up to Kimberely's stats.

I'm off to work, I'll check back in tonight.

I think more research needs to be done on Kimberly Shawn Cheatham. What would her ties be to REL (Houston) and the 1975 class ring? Can that be investigated? I suppose it could be one of those ring zebras but I really do think she had ties to the Houston area. Perhaps we could research her family and see if one of them was a class alumni. Find out who her aunts, etc were. Note: I have only found her parents and one sibling (female) and she was born in 1966 so again too young to be a 1975 Class Alumni.

ETA: I think we all have been of the opinion that the REL (Houston) 1975 Class Ring held sentimental value to Princess Blue?

I think so, too RKnowley. That Princess Blue was found in the Houston area and the ring originally came from REL in Houston, I think there is a connection to that area. It is possible that Princess came from some other area and found the ring in the Houston area, but I think it is more likely that there is a more straightforward connection and that the ring was special to her. If after an exhaustive search in this direction we don't find her we then need to explore the zebras(less likely, but possible scenarios).

Lion

Perhaps if Sloane checks in we can ask her her opinion on Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

I had the same idea, RKnowley. I PM'd sloane a little while ago with some questions, and I also asked her to check out Kimberly and see what she thinks.

Lion

Bedang it! This is great I hope and pray that something comes from the media reports! Or, at least perhaps it will generate interest and more intense efforts to solve this.

Lion

Is SKM down? I can't seem to get there.

ETA: Nevermind, it's back :waitasec:

Bedang it! This is great I hope and pray that something comes from the media reports! Or, at least perhaps it will generate interest and more intense efforts to solve this.

Lion

I think keeping the stories alive is the absolute only hope of 2 hopes, the 2nd being getting the DNA taken from the missings families and the UID's and getting them in codice.

Check Jason Jokowlski's thread....his mom Kelly is making a difference. Everyone should get 'learnt' (LMAO! That is what my inlaws say, that and over yonder way! Mind you, I'm from Jersey/Philly, them the deep south all of thier lives, I love 'em! Off topic, sorry). Anyhow, get involved with The Campaign for the Missing! Check it out at Projectjason.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926