The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentle reminder...

There's nothing new here. This is typical headline fabricating. The quote Paintr highlighted is a questionable representation of the 2/18/09 doc dump report from the FBI Chemistry lab. They just sort of 'left out' the "or from rolls of tape manufactured in the same manner" part of the report.

If you are very charitable you may believe that the author(s?) are just now reading this report for the first time.

The only thing that was actually new was the photos of the gas can themselves.

Attached are screen shots of the relevant pages. OCSO pgs. 3793 & 4.

I agree emphatically that any illusions George may have clung to concerning KC's guilt had to have been destroyed when it was revealed that the tape found with Caylee had the Henkel logo.

Bold in red is mine

Hey! I do not write the articles nor do I vouch for their veracity. I just comment on 'em. LOL!

Gentle reminder...

There's nothing new here. This is typical headline fabricating. The quote Paintr highlighted is a questionable representation of the 2/18/09 doc dump report from the FBI Chemistry lab. They just sort of 'left out' the "or from rolls of tape manufactured in the same manner" part of the report.

If you are very charitable you may believe that the author(s?) are just now reading this report for the first time.

The only thing that was actually new was the photos of the gas can themselves.

Attached are screen shots of the relevant pages. OCSO pgs. 3793 & 4.

I agree emphatically that any illusions George may have clung to concerning KC's guilt had to have been destroyed when it was revealed that the tape found with Caylee had the Henkel logo.
Thanks 42 I had forgotten those snippets.

Promising! In so far as they did NOT immediately find samples that were completely different types of tape altogether, so further tests worth proceeding with. Over the first hurdle as it were.
But at this stage the comparison is vague and general.

Since that report came out, I imagine LE, like us at WS, have realised that the "Henkel" in itself is an important point of comparison!

My statistics is a bit rusty, but tape as uncommon as we think, linked to the Anthony home and to the remains would be statistically as significant, (and therefore probative), as many scientific research results.

Or.... as stated without any fancy mathematics, George damn well knows that it was his tape that KC used to defile his grand daughter's body.

He may KNOW it, but he will never ADMIT IT. Even in the deposition he said he had faith in his daughter; as he lied through his teeth.

It is possible that these "journalists" have sources that leak extra information, but in this case that has been rare if it has happened at all.
The FBI have the samples and I think it is fair to assume they have done such comparisons, but no results have been released in any of the documents.

However, I am sure old george is aware that he had (has) a roll of silver duct tape with "Henkel" written on it. You could not miss it whenever you used it. He may even know where there are pieces in use around the home? (in addition to the piece used on the gas can). He may not have been aware of just how rare that tape with logo on was, but he knows now! He must know it was HIS DUCT TAPE found on poor Caylee's skull!

I don't think GA is going to survive this ordeal. I got a real bad feeling. Casey's gonna take him down with her when she goes.

I'm adding "Delusional Duo" to my list of "Poirotisms"

:thumb:

He may KNOW it, but he will never ADMIT IT. Even in the deposition he said he had faith in his daughter; as he lied through his teeth.
At the moment the delusional duo can focus on "she didn't do it" and/or getting her off.

I think all concerned have just figuratively stuck their fingers in their ears and stopped hearing the facts.

They are all in for a nasty shock.

In addition, I am sure the pathetic pair are well aware of KC's OBSESSION with heart stickers and icons. She is the ONLY person they know who would do something as bizarre as placing a heart sticker on a dead baby. Again, they KNOW it was KC.

Also, probably the pathetic pair of them, but certainly Spindy, KNOWS they had the exact same laundry hamper! They know it's gone now, and they know it is the very one their Grand Daughter was throw in before being dumped down the road. they KNOW it was KC.

Two more "clues" to go with the "Henkel" duct tape.

THEY KNOW IT WAS KC!

At the moment the delusional duo can focus on "she didn't do it" and/or getting her off.

I think all concerned have just figuratively stuck their fingers in their ears and stopped hearing the facts.

They are all in for a nasty shock.

Can I borrow those for my posts too!

When I think of the duct tape. I think of KC wanting to go out with TL that night to blockbuster, but having the fight with her mother and then calling her entire family to take care of Caylee, getting no answer from anyone, getting really angry that she didn't have a sitter and then I can totally see her giving Caylee something to make her fall asleep then taping her mouth and putting her in the trunk so that she could go out with Tony.

I don't want to think of what happend whena nd if Caylee ever woke up in that trunk.

I watch the video of Blockbuster night and my stomach aches.

Sadly, no duct tape.

But I swear I saw a kitty crouching on one of the shelves in the second to last photo.:D

I say kitty is a little bit of a ham, she seems to be waiting around every corner hoping someone pulls out their camera!! :cat:

Just curious...who is this guy, and where is he standing? The poster on the window behind him is placed OVER the tape pieces on the corners. Double sided tape or tape doubled over?

PS-does duct tape come in sizes less than 2" in width? Also noted, those tape pieces in this photo seem VERY uniform in size, shape, and length.

The glass in that window looks beveled, like privacy glass, if this is the case that poster never would have appeared to be so crystal clear.

Does anyone know if the window in Jose's door is just clear glass or not?

Think about how simple it would be to make little snips on the edge of the roll of tape and get four 1/2" strips that would then be cut off the roll at one time. They would each be perfectly symmetrical.

Duct tape comes in a whole variety of sizes and even colo(u)rs. My son had a roll for years that had to be 4" wide and weighed about 5 lbs. He used it as a door stop, instead of the little triangular, rubber thing I bought for him that fit along the bottom of his door. (I assumed it was a boy thing!)

Wasn't there a quarrel at JBP over a very large Caylee Posterboard and GA "repossessed it"? Supposedly it had been given to someone they didn't like any more. I remember him marching off to his car carrying it.

Also, we ought to be able to get some great shots of the "billboard" Geo was towing around while it's parked near one of their tents. Maybe he used logo duct tape on that rig.

There was no tape involved, it was a large Caylee poster the A's gave to Dakota, the 12 y.o. little girl who hosted a vigil for Caylee. For some reason her Gma decided to bring it to the dive at JBP, Mert set it against his truck and when Geo saw it there after his little disagreement with LP, he went a little nutz and yup, "repossessed it' was a good word. That and he gave Mert and Lois a little piece of his mind that he really couldn't spare at that point.

I was wondering if you guys and gals could tell me if you have duct tape in your house, where it is, and what do you use it for? We do have it, it is in my husband trailer, sometimes it is in the garage, but we have not used it for anything in the home as a repair. He uses it when he builds RC airplanes, or packing a large box shut, other than that; I don't know what we would use it for. I am asking because after viewing the A's garage, I don't see anything that looks like tools, or tape, the normal guy stuff. I am wondering if it was in the shed????? And what did they use it for? The garage is perfect, every thing is in plastic containers. We know that tape is at least 2 yrs old, so it was probably used, but not much.

I was wondering if you guys and gals could tell me if you have duct tape in your house, where it is, and what do you use it for? We do have it, it is in my husband trailer, sometimes it is in the garage, but we have not used it for anything in the home as a repair. He uses it when he builds RC airplanes, or packing a large box shut, other than that; I don't know what we would use it for. I am asking because after viewing the A's garage, I don't see anything that looks like tools, or tape, the normal guy stuff. I am wondering if it was in the shed????? And what did they use it for? The garage is perfect, every thing is in plastic containers. We know that tape is at least 2 yrs old, so it was probably used, but not much.

I have an old roll of duct tape in the kitchen junk drawer and another on the workbench in the basement. I can't remember it ever being used but there is some duct tape around the vent on my clothes dryer. I'm guessing my son did that at some point.

I think George was in the habit of keeping everything of value under lock and key in the shed...concern for Caylee's safety and Casey's sticky fingers. I'm sure the shed was organized to the max, as well. My first thought about the pristine condition of the home and garage was someone has some serious control issues. I don't know how Cindy dealt with dusting all those stuffed animals and toys in Caylee's room. OT but I think Caylee's room may have been staged for the cameras.

thank you NYvictoria,

I forgot about dryers and vents.

I also have two rolls - one in the kitchen and the other in the garage. I've used it to patch window screens. When chair leg split, I put glue in the crack and duct tape to hold leg tight until glue set. I've used it to patch garden hose and pvc pipe when they split. Used it on rake handles for gripping. Just about anything that needed a strong tape, like boxes.

Last summer I put some on the tower of the playset where the wood was splintering, wrapping it round and round and around, probably three layers thick. This spring going into the yard I found pieces of the gray tape all over the yard.

When I looked at the playtower, most all of the gray covering had split away from the backing and was gone, but the white backing was still there. I live in N GA so it does get colder here and the tower is in full sun, and we sure didn't have much rain. I thought of Caylee and the tape they found and thanked the Lord that her tape was in better shape then mine.

The intriguing question is:
What did GA use duct tape for?

I would think there are almost certainly other places where duct tape has been used/is in use around the GACA home. Likely to have used much more than just 2" on a gas can?

Did LE find any in use? No mention in documents.

Are there still pieces at the GACA home today?

Do any pieces have "Henkel" emblazoned on them?

HP,

That is why I was throwing out these questions, because something needs to "fit" and "connect" KC with that particular duct tape. I know LE is all over this, but just thought I would get WS to brain storm and think of places and things that may have that connection on them. :)

HP,

That is why I was throwing out these questions, because something needs to "fit" and "connect" KC with that particular duct tape. I know LE is all over this, but just thought I would get WS to brain storm and think of places and things that may have that connection on them. :)
Good thinking.

I appreciate the plan to get ideas of typical uses.

I am just adding that if GA was a duct tape user, some of the bits he used must be in the home still, or already collected by LE.

Duct tape is also good to use on windows during a hurricane. It keeps the glass from shattering.

Good thinking.

I appreciate the plan to get ideas of typical uses.

I am just adding that if GA was a duct tape user, some of the bits he used must be in the home still, or already collected by LE.

If they found items with the duct tape other than the gas cans, would it be in the doc dump or any photos of the item with the tape on it? I do remember they took or cut out a bit of the dry wall in the garage, also they cut out part of the mattress; I believe in KC room. Not that that has anything to do with the tape, but it was mentioned. Also a sprinkler head of some kind from the pool area was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaHAu