The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.4029tv.com/news/22001106/detail.html

dec 18

video includedd in the link....with Michelle on the phone talking to the local news

“I was told the Duggars were there protesting it, and that Mrs. Duggar was up there crying. And she said that she didn't want alcohol in her neighborhood or her town, so we got turned down for it,” said assistant manager Tomie Labeff.

While I admire the family in some ways, I don't think they should be able to sway decisions in the operations of their town or things like that.

I thought this snip from the article was interesting:

“I'm kind of upset about the situation because I feel that it would be convenient to my house. I could just walk down the street instead of having to drive my car,” said Jeremy Bara.

Although that convenience store was turned down, several others in the area got the green light -- including the Murphy Express on Wedington Drive in Fayetteville, where construction at the site isn't even fully completed.

The guy in the article kind of made me think. If he could walk to the store and grab a 6 pack, it might keep him out from behind the wheel of his car and avoid drunk driving, etc...

And then I wondered why the other stores gained the ability to sell and this one didn't? The way the article is written, it did make me think that maybe Mrs D had some influence on the decision?

There are quite few comments with the article.

This is a snippet of one of the comments from the link:

"Let me get this straight...she has got a l lb child in the NICU, 19 other children at home and she is out compaigning against people being able to buy a 6 pack of beer at the local convenience mart??....this woman does NOT have her priorities straight at all.."

End quote.

Haha--I totally agree!

While I admire the family in some ways, I don't think they should be able to sway decisions in the operations of their town or things like that.

I thought this snip from the article was interesting:

“I'm kind of upset about the situation because I feel that it would be convenient to my house. I could just walk down the street instead of having to drive my car,” said Jeremy Bara.

Although that convenience store was turned down, several others in the area got the green light -- including the Murphy Express on Wedington Drive in Fayetteville, where construction at the site isn't even fully completed.

The guy in the article kind of made me think. If he could walk to the store and grab a 6 pack, it might keep him out from behind the wheel of his car and avoid drunk driving, etc...

And then I wondered why the other stores gained the ability to sell and this one didn't? The way the article is written, it did make me think that maybe Mrs D had some influence on the decision?

There are quite few comments with the article.

Or Mr D...recall that he was a former Arkansas State Legislator (and even ran for the Senate) and has some political connections...it's not a stretch of the imagination to think he had something to do with it being turned down.And as for Michelle? I suspect she was just the decoy,so that it appeared he had nothing to do with it.Recall that she is submissive to her husband,(per their religion),and he did nothing to stop her,despite the fact she'd just had an emergency c-section 6 days earlier(and a micro-preemie in the NICU,a one yr old who's birthday it was,as well as the rest of them at home...).There is just something not quite right about that whole situation.I even wonder if Mr D. had the whole family leave town until the heat from it all dies down.(yes,I'm sure they want to be near Josie,but it is also a good excuse...).I can't imagine the letters and comments that must be coming into to their local newsppr lately,not to mention the comments they would get from locals if they hung around.It would probably be hard for them to go anywhere.
I don't think they should be using their political and or celebrity status to influence things going on around their home or neighborhood,as that is just not right, nor fair to anyone else.

JMO and I don't care to debate any of it,thx :)

That stinks. The article said that she was crying. Crying about this store potentially selling alcohol? Well then, she must be awfully worried all the time because lots of stores and restaurants everywhere sell liquor.

I saw on another web site, as far as I can tell this is just a rumor, that they are staying with the man who got complaints from his neighbors because of all his Christmas lights, so he bought out the neighborhood so he could be free to do what he wanted with the lights. /rumor

It's perfectly fine if Michelle Duggar wants to speak up about her desire for no liquor sales near her home. It's a free country.

It's perfectly fine if the powers-that-be take her words into consideration and make their decision.

What I see as the problem is those of us who have decided how Michelle Duggar SHOULD behave, and when. And if the liquor board is so easily swayed by a famous reality TV star that they would pick and choose who could sell liquor based on that, they are insipid and totally unfair.

I think there is some confusion about cause and effect here . . . but when ISN'T there confusion about that?

It's perfectly fine if Michelle Duggar wants to speak up about her desire for no liquor sales near her home. It's a free country.

It's perfectly fine if the powers-that-be take her words into consideration and make their decision.

What I see as the problem is those of us who have decided how Michelle Duggar SHOULD behave, and when. And if the liquor board is so easily swayed by a famous reality TV star that they would pick and choose who could sell liquor based on that, they are insipid and totally unfair.

I think there is some confusion about cause and effect here . . . but when ISN'T there confusion about that?

Like you said, it's a free country. Which presumably means we are free to discuss Mrs. Duggar's behavior. Especially considering she and her family are on reality TV.

God has a lot to do with it if you believe what the Duggars believe - that God dictates sex is for the purpose of reproduction. Many religions don't believe in birth control. That has a lot to do with God as many religions are centered around God.

I'm not sure that the Duggars believe that at all. In fact they used birth control early in their married life but opted not to because they decided to be happy with whatever God saw fit to give them.

I also saw someone indicate earlier that MD was submissive to her husband. I don't see that in her. She has her beliefs, and if her beliefs/needs/wants happen to let her husband take the lead in their relationship then who are we to judge. Not how I'd chose to live but each of us must choose what we want, and she obviously is very happy with her choice.

The Duggars follow Gothard,so yes,Michelle would be expected to listen to her husb. if he said he didn't want her to go there and protest.And it appears Jim Bob didn't stop her from going,which is scary considering she has had 4 c-sections now and was only 6 days post-partum.The uterus hasn't fully returned to it's previous state by then,it hasn't healed internally from where the placenta was attached,nor had her incision scars healed,internally or externally.She could have lost a few stitches,or had a rupture and or hemmoraging,etc.Not safe at all.So yes,she should have been home resting,or in the private nicu room resting with the baby.

HBO on demand recently had an interesting doc on the "Quiverfull" movement. I believe the Duggars are followers. Google it, guys, and let me know what you think! On a side note, I think the Duggars are basically good people, that they believe what they are doing is right. BUT- to have kid after kid after kid after....kid...after.... (you get my point)- it's downright ridiculous. Right now they have several really small children and babies. WHY aren't they enjoying these kids before they grow up and are assigned to, say, the vegetable bin 'jurisdiction' at age 4?? The older kids are the true parents, Jim Bob and Michele seem way too focused on the next pregnancy to enjoy the sweet baby right in front of them! IMO, MOO, etc.

A PETA billboard with a headline reading "Doggies Multiply Faster Than Duggars" is going up in the Duggar's town and two surrounding towns. Lots of folks are outraged, because they think it insults the Duggars. I don't know. Not a fan of PETA, kind of uncomfortable with the slogan, but it could be looked at as cute and clever, I guess.

Scroll down for a pic of billboard: http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/01/

A PETA billboard with a headline reading "Doggies Multiply Faster Than Duggars" is going up in the Duggar's town and two surrounding towns. Lots of folks are outraged, because they think it insults the Duggars. I don't know. Not a fan of PETA, kind of uncomfortable with the slogan, but it could be looked at as cute and clever, I guess.

Scroll down for a pic of billboard: http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/01/

Yea well, actually rabbits come to my mind. Duggars are on the cover of People magazine saying they might have more children, even after she had all the complications with this poor premature baby #19. Seriously it boggles my mind.

They used to use birth control, but when they got pregnant and she suffered a miscarriage, they thought it was a punishment from God for interfering.

They are part of the Quiverfull movement, which is kind of a "God's army" deal.

I happened upon a recent Duggars episode the other day, first time viewing. This is not my typical nor desired TV fare, but I decided to watch it. The family is indeed engaging (if you can keep one kid from another straight in your mind)...but does the phrase 'Population Explosion' make sense to these parents? Or to any of us anymore? It may be a forgotten cause in the mass of so many others, but its importance is more critical now than ever.

My hope, unlikely fulfilled, is that ppl who reproduce in such quantities would think beyond themselves and their own wishes.

jmo

I happened upon a recent Duggars episode the other day, first time viewing. This is not my typical nor desired TV fare, but I decided to watch it. The family is indeed engaging (if you can keep one kid from another straight in your mind)...but does the phrase 'Population Explosion' make sense to these parents? Or to any of us anymore? It may be a forgotten cause in the mass of so many others, but its importance is more critical now than ever.

My hope, unlikely fulfilled, is that ppl who reproduce in such quantities would think beyond themselves and their own wishes.

jmo
And never mind that after 19 children, what is the condition of the mother's body? And she is getting to be pretty up in years (for child bearing) even if she didn't have 19 kids before this one.
She had this very premature child. The chances of genetic abnormalities increase in women over 40, and the Duggars won't do genetic screening because they wouldn't abort anyway.
Seriously, what are these people thinking when they say they might have more children?

OMG....a PETA billboard is up that says "Doggies multiply faster than Duggars"

That is offensive in so many ways....especially in light of the current crisis with the newest baby's health!
If they had said that about a FLDS family, there would be cries of "hate crime" coming from all areas of the country.

jmoo

OMG....a PETA billboard is up that says "Doggies multiply faster than Duggars"

That is offensive in so many ways....especially in light of the current crisis with the newest baby's health!
If they had said that about a FLDS family, there would be cries of "hate crime" coming from all areas of the country.

jmoo

I don't think even FLDS women have that many children per one woman.

These people are on a reality show, they should expect that people will talk about them. They are getting paid for this. Their choice

They are famous for making babies I guess

jmo
when grandma came to help out w the 'little ones',along w Josh n Anna,I didn't see her smile even once.And J n A seemed to be very overwhelmed at taking care of all of them,esp.considering they have a new baby themselves to look after.I don't know why the D's don't care about how many others they put out in order to satisfy their own baby producing.It's not all about them,look at what they are doing to others,inc. Michelle herself,not to mention the new baby.How could they even think about doing this to another baby???? Seeing Josie w the distended stomach,I mean,o my gosh...that must be painful and uncomfortable,and is prob. only one of the current medical conditions that she has to deal with.When are JB and M going to think of anyone else besides themselves???? It's not all about them!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back