The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have learned over the years from some of my students who were Muslim that dogs are considered unclean in their culture. They can never be accepted as pets, and at most are used as guard dogs over property. Any dogs left behind are not going to be treated with affection.

I know I will sound brutal, but if all U.S. and other Western military are completely gone, and any non-terrorist Afghanis are no longer at the airport, why can't we send a drone to destroy our airplanes and anything else we left behind? I'd much rather spend more money on bombs than leave our expensive equipment for the Taliban and ISIS to use against us. Watching them striding through the airport, gloating, is horrible. I wish we could just bomb the airport entirely. If some terrorists are killed, all the better. IMO.

The military dogs were left behind. I'm sick.
I was just going to ask if there was any more news on the military dogs.

American Humane Condemns Death Sentence Delivered to Contract Working Dogs Left Behind in Kabul, Afghanistan - American Humane

WASHINGTON, Aug. 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Robin R. Ganzert, president and CEO of American Humane, the country's first national humane organization, today released the following statement concerning the plight of contract working dogs left to die at the hands of American enemies in Kabul, Afghanistan.

"I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned.

This senseless fate is made all the more tragic, as American Humane stands ready to not only help transport these contract K-9 soldiers to U.S. soil but also to provide for their lifetime medical care.

American Humane has worked hand in hand with the military for more than 100 years to rescue military animals. In fact, our famed rescue program began on the bloody battlefields of WWI Europe, at the request of the U.S. Secretary of War. Since that time, American Humane served as a pioneer in the development of animal therapy for returning veterans, and today brings home retired military working dogs and pairs veterans with life-saving service dogs.

As the country's first national humane organization and largest certifier of animal welfare in the world, it sickens us to sit idly by and watch these brave dogs who valiantly served our country be put to death or worse.

In order to prevent this tragedy from occurring, these K-9's should be loaded into whatever cargo space remains and flown to safety.

Irrespective of the outcome, this gross oversight of justice must be stopped from happening again, as it did in Vietnam too. To that end, we call on Congress to take action to classify contract working dogs on the same level as military working dogs. Failure to do anything less, is a failure of humanity and a condemnation of us all."

Last edited:
I know I will sound brutal, but if all U.S. and other Western military are completely gone, and any non-terrorist Afghanis are no longer at the airport, why can't we send a drone to destroy our airplanes and anything else we left behind? I'd much rather spend more money on bombs than leave our expensive equipment for the Taliban and ISIS to use against us. Watching them striding through the airport, gloating, is horrible. I wish we could just bomb the airport entirely. If some terrorists are killed, all the better. IMO.

I’ve had more than one very vivid nightmare of these terrorists murdering the remaining US citizens with our own guns to commemorate 9/11. I just have this sick sense of foreboding that the upcoming anniversary will be way too tempting for them to pass up the opportunity to “show us who won”.

I can’t believe this is happening! Of all the cruel things to do! They are releasing some of the dogs at the tarmac, to become fighting dogs and tortured in various ways until they die. Afghans despise dogs.

How could Biden and our military allow this? These dogs are soldiers! How hasn’t there been any consideration or thought put into getting our canine soldiers out?

A tiny rescue group has rescued just 46 service dogs and is trying to fly them out. I am just disgusted. The military abandoned some of them at the airport in crates! We are now relying on tiny Afghan rescue groups to save our military dogs? This is repulsive.

Urgent Update and Action Plan from Charlotte & Kabul Small Animal Rescue (KSAR) - SPCA International

Last edited:

American Humane Condemns Death Sentence Delivered to Contract Working Dogs Left Behind in Kabul, Afghanistan - American Humane

Snipped
I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned.

This senseless fate is made all the more tragic, as American Humane stands ready to not only help transport these contract K-9 soldiers to U.S. soil but also to provide for their lifetime medical care.
This is just so shocking to me. I’m in tears. They could even ride in the hold.

In my previous posts, I was concerned about these dogs. Breaks my heart in pieces.
I have also expressed my fears of lack of food for Afghanistans.
Those concerns are too becoming real.
I don't understand why this well supplied army, walked away,
Such heartbreaking lessons for all of us.

Snipped
I am devastated by reports that the American government is pulling out of Kabul and leaving behind brave U.S. military contract working dogs to be tortured and killed at the hand of our enemies. These brave dogs do the same dangerous, lifesaving work as our military working dogs, and deserved a far better fate than the one to which they have been condemned.

I'm hearing chatter that private contractors were trying to rescue the dogs. I hope it is true.

Eta mods. This is conversations from military friends and family. Sorry for not having a link.
I pray this is true. Thank you for giving me a bit of hope that some of them may be rescued.

Thank goodness those kind contractors are trying to help, but please ask your military friends if they know why the military is abandoning their own dogs?

Last edited:
It sounds like Afghanis who assists the allies have a choice to appear in the Taliban court, where they will likely be sentenced to death, or hide and a death sentence will be carried out when they are found.

"The Taliban are pinning chilling ‘night letters’ to the doors of those they accuse of ‘working for the crusaders’.

The notes order their victims to attend a Taliban-convened court. Failure to do so will result in the death penalty.​

Taliban 'night letters' warn those who helped the West in Afghanistan to surrender or die | Daily Mail Online

Taliban are wearing USA uniforms, driving USA vehicles, carrying USA guns, terrorizing the people in Afghanistan. The optics alone are a serious problem for the USA. The Taliban can now be easily mistaken for USA troops in any country.

47296203-9940953-image-a-35_1630354697086.jpg

Taliban fighters, dressed eerily similar to US troops, patrol the street in Kabul"
Trump tells US to 'bomb the hell' out of Afghanistan again if Taliban doesn't return US weapons | Daily Mail Online

UK refuses to take responsibility for decision to keep the airport gate open at the time of the suicide bomb attack.

"Dominic Raab today hit back at the Pentagon after they tried to shift the blame for the high death toll from last week's suicide attack in Kabul on to the UK.

With the 'special relationship' under further strain, Britain's Foreign Secretary insisted it is 'simply not true' to suggest UK pushed to keep Kabul airport gate open against the wishes of their US allies.

And he revealed that Britain had already moved its own staff from a nearby hotel because of the growing threat of a terror attack. "​

Dominic Raab DENIES US claims that Britain 'made Kabul airport suicide attack worse' | Daily Mail Online

Taliban claim victory over NATO and impersonate USA troops while wearing USA uniforms and carrying USA guns.

"'Congratulations to Afghanistan... this victory belongs to us all,' Mujahid said, calling the day a 'big lesson for other invaders and for our future generation' while vowing to establish 'good relations with the US and the world.'

Mujahid insisted today that Taliban security forces will be 'pleasant and nice', despite reports already emerging of summary executions and persecution against women reminiscent of the Taliban of old."

47316159-9942593-image-a-6_1630396007249.jpg

Afghanistan: Taliban say West's retreat is 'a lesson for the world' | Daily Mail Online

@BrowneGareth

Some people now being evacuated from Afghanistan via Mazar-e-Sharif in the north. Spoke to one who arrived in Doha early this morning on Kam air plane. Another Green Card holder was called there yesterday and is awaiting flight out. Pakistan Aid flights have also arrived there.

@ammalik76yahoo1

Following the solemn tradition of assisting with global humanitarian efforts, a spl #PIA B 777 Cargo Flt operated to Mazar-i-Sharif today to deliver essential medicines & supplies from @who. The first ever humanitarian AID flight to land in Afghanistan to assist Afghan brethren
Pak to deliver WHO's medical supplies in Taliban-controlled Mazar-e-Sharif

Last edited:
Afghanistan: Taliban hold mock funerals for western forces | Daily Mail Online

The Taliban held mock funerals for American, British, French and NATO forces today as thousands turned out on the streets of major cities to celebrate the end of the west's 20-year war.

Coffins draped with the US, UK and French flag as well as NATO's insignia were paraded through the streets of Khost by crowds flying the Taliban's emblem - just two weeks after anti-Taliban protests in the same city.

In Kandahar - a traditional stronghold of the Islamists - thousands also turned out waving white Taliban flags to celebrate what the group is referring to as its 'independence day', hours after the final American troops boarded an evacuation flight out of the country.

It comes after celebratory scenes in Kabul overnight, where fireworks exploded and gunfire rattled through the air moments after the final US jet departed.

Speaking from the runway at Kabul airport this morning - and surrounded by Taliban special forces units dressed head to toe in American gear - spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid hailed the 'victory' over western forces.

'He talked about his son more than mine': Fathers of Marines killed in Afghanistan blast Biden | Daily Mail Online

Emotional fathers of Marines killed in ISIS-K bombing say 'disrespectful' Biden checked his watch EVERY TIME a casket was removed from the plane during dignified transfer: One dad slams the president for talking 'about his son more than mine'
  • Mark Schmitz's son Jared, 20, was one of the 13 service members killed in Kabul
  • Darin Hoover's son Taylor, 31, was to retire and marry on returning home
  • Schmitz said he met Joe Biden at the weekend and it 'didn't go well'
  • Hoover said their family decided 'absolutely not' to meet the president
  • Both fathers told Sean Hannity they were angry at Biden's behavior on Sunday
  • Biden was seen repeatedly checking his watch as the bodies were returned
  • The fathers said it showed a lack of respect and was not appropriate

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member