Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video from the article above with English translation:

An Afghan Girl's Tears Of A Hopeless As The Taliban Advance To The Capital Kabul

posted - Aug 14, 2021

I saw this video this morning and it just made me sick. You just want to reach through the screen and pull her into our world. I have a feeling that years from now I will wonder what ever happened to her.

Russian embassy: Afghan leader fled with cars full of cash
Aug 16 2021
''MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian embassy in Kabul alleged Monday that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has fled from Kabul with four cars and a helicopter full of cash, Russia’s state news agency RIA Novosti reported.

The report quoted embassy spokesman Nikita Ishchenko as saying that “the collapse of the regime ... is most eloquently characterized by how Ghani escaped from Afghanistan: four cars were filled with money, they tried to shove another part of the money into a helicopter, but not everything fit. And some of the money was left lying on the tarmac.”

Asked by The Associated Press about how he knew the details of Ghani’s departure, Ishchenko said “well, we are working here,” without offering any more details. The AP couldn’t independently verify his claims.''

Aug 16 2021
''MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian embassy in Kabul alleged Monday that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has fled from Kabul with four cars and a helicopter full of cash, Russia’s state news agency RIA Novosti reported.

The report quoted embassy spokesman Nikita Ishchenko as saying that “the collapse of the regime ... is most eloquently characterized by how Ghani escaped from Afghanistan: four cars were filled with money, they tried to shove another part of the money into a helicopter, but not everything fit. And some of the money was left lying on the tarmac.”

Asked by The Associated Press about how he knew the details of Ghani’s departure, Ishchenko said “well, we are working here,” without offering any more details. The AP couldn’t independently verify his claims.''
I would keep in mind that the Russians are not exactly reliable sources on this.

I am going to have to slam my hands in the back door to keep from posting my anger about what's going on. I am beyond upset and heartbroken for the good people of Afghanistan and our military who worked so hard and sacrificed. That little "speech" did nothing for me.

I can't get over the fact that Bagrahm AFB , complete with all equipment and weaponry, was practially handed to the Taliban on a silver platter! If there was no time to remove everything that could fall into Taliban hands, there should have been orders to destroy it.

I'm not blaming our brave troops, they had their orders and evacuated accordingly!

“Am I My Brother’s Keeper”

In the 20 years we have poured our all into that country they have been unable to form some kind of government.

I listened to President Biden today. We have spent trillions supporting them through four presidents.

What we are seeing today is heartbreaking but how long could we continue on?

Everything must have a beginning and an end.

I can't get over the fact that Bagrahm AFB , complete with all equipment and weaponry, was practially handed to the Taliban on a silver platter! If there was no time to remove everything that could fall into Taliban hands, there should have been orders to destroy it.

I'm not blaming our brave troops, they had their orders and evacuated accordingly!

Access to all those weapons leaves the Taliban with more power than ever. And they have the backing of China and Russia to boot. Our terror level has gone sky high.

Agree. The US needs to totally reassess how we leave equipment behind. This needs to be done at the DOD level and by Congress.

In Yemen everything was destroyed except the SUV's they drove to the airport. They would have torched those except they didn't want to draw more attention to themselves. There wasn't a paper clip left behind. A prince from Qatar supplied the last Jet out and wouldn't allow weapons on his jet. So the Marines destroyed them on the tarmac with a sledgehammer, got on the plane and got the hell out of there. It is a very scary thing for a Marine to disarm himself. They prayed the rebels wouldnt show up as they were sitting ducks. The plane had hundreds more people than seats much like we have seen today. I can imagine what a scary experience this is.

Eta: forgot to finish my thought. It is standard to destroy everything. But every once in awhile someone thinks it's A good idea to leave stuff behind. It always ends up in the wrong hands.

Last edited:
I don't doubt this story for a second. He's probably been gathering up money for at least a year. Question is, will the money be good to buy goods? If the world doesn't recognize the new Taliban government, it may not be. I'm sure he's got himself covered with precious stones and gold as well. JMO

Aug 16 2021

Watching these events are a bit triggering for me. My Marine son was stationed at the US embassy in Yemen when their civil war broke out. The evacuation went really well. So it can be done without the chaos. We couldn't stay in Afghanistan forever but surely it didn't need to happen this way when we left.

We left this country with a fully trained and armed 300,000 strong army. We even left them an air force. There were 75,000 Taliban. And the Afghan army does nothing to protect theIr women and children. SMDH.

If the trained Afghan Army refuses to defend their own country from the Taliban, what's to be done?

How long is the United States military expected to occupy Afghanistan in order to perform the function that their own armed forces should perform, should they have the will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke