The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've cried and prayed so much. It brings back the Vietnam war. I had a childhood friend held in captivity for years and tortured, he was reported MIA, but actually was a prisoner. His wife, lead our community and we fought to bring him home, ALIVE.
My cousin was left by the military, trapped in the jungle in Cambodia for two years. No one can imagine what he ate and how he survived. He was listed MIA, his mother had a breakdown.

We can not leave our fellow citizens to possibly be tortured or killed. To much pain and agony for so many.

I'm really having a hard time.

Moo...

Hugs to you, (((Simply Southern)))!

I am praying that the G7 summit that was called for by Boris Johnson of the UK will unite our allies to find a solution!
The US government needs to be pressured by G7 to stop cow-towing to the Taliban’s deadlines and to allow our powerful Special Forces to do whatever it takes to rescue every American.
Politics are getting in the way of doing what is best for the country and the world. It doesn’t appear that we’re going to be able to solve this internally. G7 needs to step up and use their influence to pressure our government to make the necessary changes, before it gets any worse.

MOO

Last edited:
Man on UK's 'no-fly' watchlist is airlifted from Kabul to Birmingham in apparent security breach | Daily Mail Online

A person considered to be threat to the UK has reportedly been flown into Birmingham as part of the British evacuation operation.

The individual, who has not been identified by the Government, is on the national 'no-fly' list, which is designed to block individuals who are believed to be a threat from getting to the UK.

According to Sky News, officials were alerted 'overnight' after the individual reached UK soil on a military plane.

The Government has not said if the person has now been detained.

However, if they do pose a threat, officials will be unable to return them to Afghanistan because all flights have been suspended.

The news is said to have emerged at a briefing for MPs by ministers and officials on Monday.

MPs were told that a further four people who are on the no-fly list were spotted in Afghanistan and prevented from flying.

Man on UK's 'no-fly' watchlist is airlifted from Kabul to Birmingham in apparent security breach | Daily Mail Online

A person considered to be threat to the UK has reportedly been flown into Birmingham as part of the British evacuation operation.

The individual, who has not been identified by the Government, is on the national 'no-fly' list, which is designed to block individuals who are believed to be a threat from getting to the UK.

According to Sky News, officials were alerted 'overnight' after the individual reached UK soil on a military plane.

The Government has not said if the person has now been detained.

However, if they do pose a threat, officials will be unable to return them to Afghanistan because all flights have been suspended.

The news is said to have emerged at a briefing for MPs by ministers and officials on Monday.

MPs were told that a further four people who are on the no-fly list were spotted in Afghanistan and prevented from flying.
Apparently six on the no fly list have been picked up, one made it to Frankfurt and the other to Birmingham.

Most U.S. citizens, as well as those abroad are concerned about the "unknown
number" of U.S. citizens still in Afghanistan. (note..our citizens are trapped all across the country...not just Kabul near the airport. The taliban are all over the country....)

There has not been any official number given of how many U.S. citizens still remain. Why is that?
We heard last week that there were between 10-15,000. Suddenly, we are not talking about numbers anymore. Why is that?

There has not been any official number given of those U.S. citizens successfully airlifted out. Why is that?

Hugs to you, (((Simply Southern)))!

I am praying that the G7 summit that was called for by Boris Johnson of the UK will unite our allies to find a solution!
The US government needs to be pressured by G7 to stop cow-towing to the Taliban’s deadlines and to allow our powerful Special Forces to do whatever it takes to rescue every American.
Politics are getting in the way of doing what is best for the country and the world. It doesn’t appear that we’re going to be able to solve this internally. G7 needs to step up and use their influence to pressure our government to make the necessary changes, before it gets any worse.

MOO

Unless (and even if) they are ponying up $$$ and troops, I don't want other countries telling us what to do.

And I have seen no evidence that politics are preventing rescue. The president has been unequivocal on rescuing Americans first, then allies. He has certainly not ruled out the US staying past the 31st if needed in any statements I have seen. The perimeter is expanding, helicopter rescues are happening, and CIA and special operations forces are doing what they do. So I'm more comfortable counting on our people than on Boris Johnson and the rest of the G7, who IMO shouldn't get a vote unless they are actually going to help with real $$$ and troop numbers.

Video: US expanding Kabul airport security perimeter

Biden Vows to Evacuate All Americans — and Afghan Helpers
For those living in cities and provinces outside Kabul, CIA case officers, special operation forces and agents from the Defense Intelligence Agency on the ground are gathering some U.S. citizens and Afghans who worked for the U.S. at predetermined pick-up sites

Last edited:
Psaki says "no Americans are stranded" in Afghanistan

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1429883804181835785

We are still getting opposite and conflicting stories from the U.S government vs the MSM press.

The definition of stranded, per Google search:
strand·ed1
/ˈstrandəd/

Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: stranded
left without the means to move from somewhere.
"she offers a lift to a stranded commuter"

stranded definition - Google Search
Shameful. Simply shameful.

I suspect there are a lot of efforts behind the scenes to locate and secure and evacuate Americans from the country. That is being kept out of the headlines. The Taliban for the most part just want the US/NATO gone. So I don't think they are actively trying to prevent that. However, as we have seen recently, ISIS and Al Qaeda are active in Afghanistan now and they would probably love nothing more than to grab some Americans or other foreigners for their own purposes. So we don't want to identify where our people are until they can be retrieved.

Read this early morning.

White House explains why it can't pinpoint number of Americans still in Afghanistan

The Biden administration has struggled to offer a specific number of Americans still in Afghanistan in recent days, prompting criticism from conservatives and others about the administration's preparedness to evacuate U.S. citizens.

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Monday the difficulty pinpointing an exact number was because some Americans did not notify the U.S. Embassy when they arrived in Afghanistan or when they left.

"Many people have asked, reasonably, why we can’t provide a precise number of American citizens still in country," Sullivan said at a White House press briefing.

more

White House explains why it can't pinpoint number of Americans still in Afghanistan

I suspect there are a lot of efforts behind the scenes to locate and secure and evacuate Americans from the country. That is being kept out of the headlines. The Taliban for the most part just want the US/NATO gone. So I don't think they are actively trying to prevent that. However, as we have seen recently, ISIS and Al Qaeda are active in Afghanistan now and they would probably love nothing more than to grab some Americans or other foreigners for their own purposes. So we don't want to identify where our people are until they can be retrieved.

Maybe. But that doesn't explain why there are no pics or details about those who have been successful leaving. Including an estimate of how many. jmo

Read this early morning.

The Biden administration has struggled to offer a specific number of Americans still in Afghanistan in recent days, prompting criticism from conservatives and others about the administration's preparedness to evacuate U.S. citizens.

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Monday the difficulty pinpointing an exact number was because some Americans did not notify the U.S. Embassy when they arrived in Afghanistan or when they left.

"Many people have asked, reasonably, why we can’t provide a precise number of American citizens still in country," Sullivan said at a White House press briefing.

more

Does that mean people from the USA were vacationing in Afghanistan, or looking to set up business in the "liberated" country?

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1

·
12m

The White House: Since August 14, the U.S. has evacuated and facilitated the evacuation of approximately 48,000 people. Since the end of July, the U.S. has re-located approximately 53,000 people.

@otto I'd think people visited family, worked possibly short term or decided to stay & neglected to inform anyone. Your guess is as good as mine. jmo

Last edited:
Afghanistan live updates: UK evacuation flights could stop within 48 hours, MPs believe - as US doesn't know how many of its weapons are now in Taliban hands

''Taliban in position near Panjshir valley, says spokesperson
The insurgents have said they've retaken three districts in northern Afghanistan that fell to local militia groups last week.

The initial fall was one of the first signs of armed resistance to the Taliban.

According to a Taliban spokesperson, the districts of Bano, Deh Saleh, Pul e-Hesar in the northern province of Baghlan have been cleared.

The Taliban will now likely be looking to take Panjshir valley, where forces loyal to Ahmad Massoud are established.

Mr Massoud is leader of the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan, which has been pushing back against the Taliban.

Former Royal Marines commando says he has been blocked from leaving Afghanistan

Paul 'Pen' Farthing, who set up animal rescue charity Nowzad in Afghanistan, has alleged he and his workers have been blocked from getting out of the country.

The former Royal Marines commando served in the Army for 22 years.

Speaking to Sky News, he said he had initially been granted permission to charter a private flight to fly himself, his workers and his animals out of Afghanistan.

"You have no idea the elation that was felt in our office," he said, describing today as "one of the most emotional days of my life".

However, he alleged the plans were later blocked by the government and he is now fighting for a way to get home. ''

What?!?!
Complete cluster.

rbbm.
Kabul: Visa applicants told to stay away from airport as US races to meet exit deadline - CNN
''The number of people in and around the airport awaiting evacuation swelled to around 20,000 over the weekend, but had been reduced to around 13,000 on Monday, a source familiar with the situation told CNN.
Most of them are Afghans, the source said, adding that the number of US citizens at the airport was now in the low hundreds.
The airport was increasingly chaotic in terms of who was allowed in, with special forces -- Afghan and American -- looking out for their former Afghan colleagues.''

"It's quickly becoming the Wild West," said the source. "[Special] operators are pulling people through gates left and right."
Even with the new flight restrictions, thousands of Afghans, mostly military aged males with "no documentation," remained on the airport grounds, the source said. They had arrived on the second day during the "everyone gets in" lapse in filtering entrants.
The source said there were "no plans to kick people off the airport," potentially leaving thousands in limbo.''

''One reason for the chaos was the decision to issue electronic visas, without names or document numbers, to SIV applicants. The visas were then copied as screenshots and sent by Afghans to thousands of other Afghans who were not eligible for access to the airport, a source told CNN at the weekend.
"I don't think consular, or the administration frankly, realizes how badly they *advertiser censored****d up by sending that stupid visa and letting everyone in for 24 hours straight," the source said Monday.''

Watching all of this, I've truly learned to appreciate the USA's 2nd amendment.
Just my opinion.
As I feared and posted earlier, my concerns for lack of food seem to be happening.
All of this with the pandemic.
A very distressing situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads