The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really struggling with this fact. I cannot even imagine. Are they now sitting ducks for the taliban and ISIS and whoever is there that hates America?

Will we have any information coming through about these stranded citizens?
Honestly, I don't think ANYONE knows what will happen now.

Pentagon says the LAST US troops left Afghanistan just after midnight in Kabul | Daily Mail Online

Pentagon announced on Monday afternoon that the last American troops had left Kabul airport almost 24 hours ahead of schedule, ending the U.S. war in Afghanistan after 20 years and the deaths of almost 2500 troops.

Witnesses in Kabul said the Taliban let off celebratory gunfire as news circulated that the final U.S. flight had left.

It means President Biden managed to meet his August 31 deadline and removes American personnel from danger.

But it comes at the cost of letting a militant group retake the country and after the deaths of 13 U.S. service members last week.

I am really struggling with this fact. I cannot even imagine. Are they now sitting ducks for the taliban and ISIS and whoever is there that hates America?

Will we have any information coming through about these stranded citizens?

I hope so. It may take years of different types of operations, according to Jeremy Bash on the news right now.

My understanding is that if someone goes to a country, while they are encouraged to register with the embassy, they aren't forced to, so that affects what we would know. People may be in Afghanistan for a number of reasons, wholesome and unwholesome, and some may have wanted to live under the radar. And it's possible some people don't want to leave because they identify with the Taliban. I don't think we will get every single American out, due to flawed logistics and due to individual choice.
Many US senators have identified the still not evacuated US citizens. Don't kid yourself, the US knows who are still in the country - and I don't believe them when they say people choose to stay. It's their way of covering their butt. Did all of the San Diego students and parents make it out? They were there to visit their relatives one last time. This was not a trip that was unwholesome, they simply wanted to say goodbye to grandparents. MOO

Many US senators have identified the still not evacuated US citizens. Don't kid yourself, the US knows who are still in the country - and I don't believe them when they say people choose to stay. It's their way of covering their butt. Did all of the San Diego students and parents make it out? They were there to visit their relatives one last time. This was not a trip that was unwholesome, they simply wanted to say goodbye to grandparents. MOO
I haven't heard anything lately about those people. I would think it would be VERY scary for them. The Taliban may not view them kindly.

I know that Congressman Issa has been talking about the families, but do you have a link to US Senators identifying names of stranded citizens? That seems dangerous. The Sacramento Bee was unwilling to give out last names in this article about Sacramento-area people stranded there. https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/education/article253750048.html

As for the San Diego students, it looks like at least one family is still stuck there. ‘Progress': More El Cajon Families Stranded in Afghanistan Now On Their Way Home to San Diego

I'm not kidding myself. I think it's entirely possible people would choose to stay. Western countries have had people defect to the Taliban before. Others cannot leave their family members who do not have US citizenship.

Americans in Afghanistan still undecided about evacuating

Sher Jan Ahmadzai, director of Center for Afghanistan Studies at the University of Nebraska Omaha, said some U.S. citizens of Afghan descent may stay behind because they are politically aligned with the Taliban and do not feel threatened.

Well, now we'll see just how, as they claim to be the "new and improved Taliban" will really act.
I'm not feeling hopeful...
I fear for Afghan Christians, as well as Hindus and other religious minorities under the Taliban.

I fear for all the non-Muslims there. I know there are Christians and one last Jewish man.

I also read that the Taliban promised safe passage for Hindus to go to India.

However, although I don't know how to insert a link here, the NY Post has an article about an elderly Afghani that was just executed by the Taliban. A man who sang and played an Afghani instrument. All folksongs about Afghanistan. A Muslim. A male. Yet they killed him because they said Islam doesn't permit music.

There will be no kinder, gentler Taliban. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1