The Front Porch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not any different this night as any other night. These neighbors were always sitting out front on the front steps. I do not know how often they were out back, but virtually every evening they were out front. That is exactly how I am familiar with them.

Just out of curiosity, if you know....Why were there chairs on the back deck as opposed to no chairs on the front porch that was used every night?

O/T do we know if he had a break/lunch time and came home when everyone was sleeping? He knew D liked to get drunk. Did he slip in to check on kids, found baby dead on floor and then all the cover up started? He went back to work
and then home for the show? Who worked with him for PROOF he got off when he said? Did D call J and they had to throw away phones?

I think, (Bear in mind I have no link, only memory) that the security tapes from the Starbucks were reviewed, and they show JI right where he said he was until the time he said he was there, and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I have thought that too, then I wrote the whole theory out to post this theory and I got to the part where DB finds Lisa (deceased or dying) and I struggle with an explanation on why DB wouldn't have screamed for the neighbor to call 911. Or attempt a 911 call on one of 3 cell phones that were supposedly on the kitchen counter. I would have to theorize even in a drunken stupor if an accident happened and a person wanted their baby to survive, she would have placed a call to 911 no matter what. So there goes my accident theory while Mom was on the front porch.

What if the baby, who had been left alone (as had the other kids) for possibly up to 4 hours, was already deceased? She could have been thinking..."Oh no, they will say I was negligent and what about the 2 boys? Jeremy already has a big custody dispute going on, he will be furious that they could take his son away from him if it's found this is a negligent home, never mind someone could take my son away from me."

The front porch vs back deck could be as simple as a sun vs shade decision. But I suspect they were also driven by the "social element" of seeing others and being seen.

Sorry to backtrack to my reply to this post:

Originally Posted by norest4thewicked
It has been verified that they sat on the tiny steps/porch on the front of the house rather than in the back on the big deck with chairs. And, yes the little cement area would fit two people, but I just think that their being there serves more than the purpose of watching SB's house or visiting with people. Nothing really to prove here...it's just a bit curious to me.
Verified by whom? It is just DB's word that says that's where she and SB were on that nite.

Just sayin'.

Just out of curiosity, if you know....Why were there chairs on the back deck as opposed to no chairs on the front porch that was used every night?
I know nothing of their use of the back yard. I just know that they were always sitting out front and the kids were always out front playing also. I have patio chairs out back, but I sit out front my self a lot on my neighbors steps when talking to them. Fences make it harder to socialize with neighbors out back.

It another article it says she hung out a lot in the front yard with the kids so they could play. I think it was just the place she liked to be at.

In our neighborhood though most people hang out in the back. In fact now that I think about it, most people I know always sit in their back yard. Hmmm....Weird.

I guess it depends on neighborhood. Our neighborhood, most are out front watching our kids play together.

I think it just depends on the neighborhood, like InDaMiddle said lots of people do this in that neighborhood. I could see it. Sometimes I take the kiddo in the front yard to play because I don't feel like picking up the dog poop in the backyard.... haha!

I don't usually see many adults hanging out without kids out front though around here, so just different habits I guess.

I know nothing of their use of the back yard. I just know that they were always sitting out front and the kids were always out front playing also. I have patio chairs out back, but I sit out front my self a lot on my neighbors steps when talking to them.Fences make it harder to socialize with neighbors out back.

My sub doesn't allow fences unless the homeowners have an in-ground pool (very few, and no above-ground pools permitted). We don't have sidewalks, so it is rare to see children in front of their homes. Our street in particular has a fair amount of traffic because it's the entrance to the neighborhood which branches off into cul-de-sacs and one other long street. Even though the residential speed limit is 25mph, we've always had a problem with speeders - another reason why peeps don't hang out in front of the house.

And where is it stated that the kids were never outside playing that night. Just because they were inside part of the night watching a movie, does not mean the whole night. All of the kids on my end of the neighborhood were out playing at least at some point that evening as it was beautiful out.

My sub doesn't allow fences unless the homeowners have an in-ground pool (very few, and no above-ground pools permitted). We don't have sidewalks, so it is rare to see children in front of their homes. Our street in particular has a fair amount of traffic because it's the entrance to the neighborhood which branches off into cul-de-sacs and one other long street. Even though the residential speed limit is 25mph, we've always had a problem with speeders - another reason why peeps don't hang out in front of the house.
In this neighborhood virtually every back yard is fenced, and traffic is not much of an issue either.

Nope.... not even close. My theory is that DB either overdosed her or became angered in her standing in her crib and either shook her or threw her down hard in her crib, possibly breaking her neck or hitting her head.

I think that either Lisa was taken into DB's bedroom and put on the floor by the bed, possibly under a bunched up blanket or quilt and then locked her bedroom door so the kids couldn't get in. Most master bedrooms lock...I wonder if theirs did? I don't think Lisa was taken out of DB's room until her other little boy came into the bedroom and fell asleep. By this time, DB had already arranged for help OR, simply taken care of it herself. I do believe that she had help, not sure exactly who it is, but I still could see her doing it herself. That river is deep, fast moving and muddy.

But, the last part is pretty close. I think that she lost track of time being drunk (although I think she is a functioning drunk) and this is why the lights were all on. I think that she ran to her bed and pretended to be asleep when JI returned home.

She was expecting JI MUCH earlier and since he hadn't called home to say he would be later, she would have been taking quite a chance no?

The front porch vs back deck could be as simple as a sun vs shade decision. But I suspect they were also driven by the "social element" of seeing others and being seen.

My house faces west. I sit in the backyard during the early part of the day when the sun is in the back and I always move to the front of the house to sit outside when the sun moves around to the front.

I don't find it unusual at all that they would prefer to sit out front in the late afternoon/early evening because it's always about 10 degrees warmer out front. Plus there is usually more activity and things to see then.

From the maps, it appears that this would also be a west facing house?

And where is it stated that the kids were never outside playing that night. Just because they were inside part of the night watching a movie, does not mean the whole night. All of the kids on my end of the neighborhood were out playing at least at some point that evening as it was beautiful out.
Well, it's not...that I know of.

Most of us are going by DB's version(s) of that nite, as presented in various MSM interviews. None of which mentioned the kids playing outside. :)

I have two porches and a deck. The front porch is a tiny little thing, horribly uncomfortable, the side porch is nothing more than a wood stoop with a roof over it. The deck is on the opposite side of the house. I won't sit on the front porch, it's just too small and too close to the road. I will occasionally sit on the side porch, if I just intend to run outside for a couple minutes when the kids are driving me nuts or when I want to have a cigarette. If I intend to be outside for a while, I will head out to the deck, unless it's getting dark, because the house blocks most of my view, and I don't like that.

On the flip side of that, I don't go on the deck if my kids are awake. There are three doors to the outside of the house from the main floor of my home; the front, the side, and the door that opens onto the deck. The kids absolutely cannot get out the front door. It's a double deadbolt, there was one key...it disappeared somewhere in the house. If the kids were to go out the side door, they would take off, end up in the road, get kidnapped, so on and so forth, but if they go out the door onto the deck, they will get distracted because that's where all their big outside toys are. I don't have to worry about one of them coming outside unnoticed if I am on the porch on the side.

In this case, I think they wanted to be seen, but on the other hand, I am starting to see how it could be normal. If the kids did get out the back door, they likely would have stayed on the deck or tried to come around to the front, where the neighbor or DB would have seen them, so I can undersatnd the reasoning. I just think there might be a little more to it on this particular evening.

InDa or Indepmo, do y'all know if that wrought iron light by the walkway in the grass in the front yard was normally on every evening or night?

It another article it says she hung out a lot in the front yard with the kids so they could play. I think it was just the place she liked to be at.

In our neighborhood though most people hang out in the back. In fact now that I think about it, most people I know always sit in their back yard. Hmmm....Weird.

I have a great back yard, but I still most always sit on the front steps, even if I'm just reading...I'm nosy and like to see the comings and goings of the neighbourhood :)

Well, it's not...that I know of.

Most of us are going by DB's version(s) of that nite, as presented in various MSM interviews. None of which mentioned the kids playing outside. :)

I would think the kids would have been plenty occupied by the stray kitten. I wonder at what point in the evening it was found?

Something has really bothered me as I've continued to try to come up with reasonable answers about this case. I started off in the beginning completely supporting DB, but as her story changed (via her own words) I fell harder with each change.

I now believe that baby Lisa was either found dead or died during the early evening, after JI went to work. I personally believe it was an accident of some kind, and by DB's hand.

I think that the entire night of sitting on the front stoop was so that as many people as possible would see her for hours on end, with a friend, and seeing her would provide her with an alibi. In looking at the difference between the front and back of the house, there is such an extreme contrast from front to back. What would be a logical reason that DB and SB would sit in the front vs the back. They have a nice deck that have chairs. Why sit on hard cement for hours on end.

Here is the difference between the front and back. What do you think?

snipped for space :)

It's a solid theory, but our own verified neighbor confirmed that she literally was out there all the time, and not just that night. It's where she hung out. People who enjoy seeing their neighbors do that sometimes. The social options of the front outweigh the comfort of the back. I believe I saw interviews with neighbors in the first days that commented on her sitting out front with her kids a lot too.

So, the idea that it was a marked goal is out the window to me- because it is my opinion that it was her norm. She may have hurt Lisa that day, but I don't think sitting out front had anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum