The GB4 and Shannan Gilbert-Connecting the dots

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he placed those bodies around Hemlock Cove was actually perfect. If you notice the locations they are at both ends of the cove....none of them are in the middle. The reason for this I belive is because he knew that people use this area to park boats and run through those trails to get to OP and then over to the ocean. I know; as a surfer I frequent Hemlock. MY surfing buddies and I have said we probably smelled those bodies but chalked it up to the tide ebbing and flowing. Off the top of my head....one body is to the east of the cove and the rest are just west of it. Perfect! One would have to be looking in there for them to be found. And its not an area you just hang out in the middle of summer. Loaded with all kinds of fun creatures that bite. We used to jump off the boat, and sprint to the ocean...through the trails, and accross the highway to the beach because we were usually barefoot and the buggs, poison ivy, and critters.

As far as fishing in the cove...anybody who is good at fishing will not be fishing in there. People frequently empty there refuse holds (sewage) in there while they are anchored. Clamming....I never did but just east of the cove there are some very productive clamming spots. Spots that are watched over by DEC because they are so productive. Clam seed beds are also grown east of hemlock. In the winter, that area is frequented by shotgunners looking to plink birds. I know the cops searched Hemlock cove which I thought was a waste of time right from the start. So many boats anchor there in the summer that someone was bound to drag up some kind of remains if they were there.

He hid them in plain sight, but just out of view. Perfect.

The way he placed those bodies around Hemlock Cove was actually perfect. If you notice the locations they are at both ends of the cove....none of them are in the middle. The reason for this I belive is because he knew that people use this area to park boats and run through those trails to get to OP and then over to the ocean. I know; as a surfer I frequent Hemlock. MY surfing buddies and I have said we probably smelled those bodies but chalked it up to the tide ebbing and flowing. Off the top of my head....one body is to the east of the cove and the rest are just west of it. Perfect! One would have to be looking in there for them to be found. And its not an area you just hang out in the middle of summer. Loaded with all kinds of fun creatures that bite. We used to jump off the boat, and sprint to the ocean...through the trails, and accross the highway to the beach because we were usually barefoot and the buggs, poison ivy, and critters.

As far as fishing in the cove...anybody who is good at fishing will not be fishing in there. People frequently empty there refuse holds (sewage) in there while they are anchored. Clamming....I never did but just east of the cove there are some very productive clamming spots. Spots that are watched over by DEC because they are so productive. Clam seed beds are also grown east of hemlock. In the winter, that area is frequented by shotgunners looking to plink birds. I know the cops searched Hemlock cove which I thought was a waste of time right from the start. So many boats anchor there in the summer that someone was bound to drag up some kind of remains if they were there.

Excellent, thanks so much. In your opinion how well does the perp know this area? Since you are familiar with the trails from bayside to road, and the remains weren't right next to those trails...it seems to me the perp is not only local but likely is familiar with the bayside of the island, it's trails, and coves to the extent that he is likely involved in an activity that would put him in on the bay side regularly, be it either from fishing, skeeting, kayaking, bayside beach cleanup with save the beaches organization ;) etc.

If I had to give an opinion on how well he knows the area...I would say on a scale of 1-10....between 8-10. You HAVE to be a Babylon person to know that area that well.

For example; if someone from the city came out here to put a body there in the middle of the night...there would be no boats there, so they would not know to place them on the outskirts. Its not like "Hemlock Cove" is a hotspot where everyone wants to hang. I have been in and out of Manhattan for almost 10 years...I have never had a conversation about Hemlock Cove with anyone other than a babylon person.

This Mother F'er is from my area (babylon, west islip, bayshore, amityville, copiage). Not a doubt in my mind. The way the turn arounds on the highway coincide with the dumpsites is another tool. I was down there recently and I pictured in my head the guy looping the highway waiting for the coast to be clear so he could get rid of his dead passenger.

If I had to give an opinion on how well he knows the area...I would say on a scale of 1-10....between 8-10. You HAVE to be a Babylon person to know that area that well.

For example; if someone from the city came out here to put a body there in the middle of the night...there would be no boats there, so they would not know to place them on the outskirts. Its not like "Hemlock Cove" is a hotspot where everyone wants to hang. I have been in and out of Manhattan for almost 10 years...I have never had a conversation about Hemlock Cove with anyone other than a babylon person.

This Mother F'er is from my area (babylon, west islip, bayshore, amityville, copiage). Not a doubt in my mind. The way the turn arounds on the highway coincide with the dumpsites is another tool. I was down there recently and I pictured in my head the guy looping the highway waiting for the coast to be clear so he could get rid of his dead passenger.

(babylon, west islip, bayshore, amityville, copiage)

can we add oak Beach, Captree, Gilgo to your list?

(babylon, west islip, bayshore, amityville, copiage)

can we add oak Beach, Captree, Gilgo to your list?

yup, i was including them under Babylon and west islip but lets get specific. Whats that street in Oak Beach that our favorite doctor lives on?

OH yea...that stupid piping plover has a major nest accross the street on the ocean side of hemlock. I hate that bird.

yup, i was including them under Babylon and west islip but lets get specific. Whats that street in Oak Beach that our favorite doctor lives on?

Larboard Court.

larboard: the left side of a ship or aircraft to someone who is aboard and facing the bow or nose.

origin of the word larboard may be laden.

laden: oppressed, weighed down with a heavy load, to load.

OH yea...that stupid piping plover has a major nest accross the street on the ocean side of hemlock. I hate that bird.

I'm sure like all natives (or locals) you know what piping plovers are good at?

They fake having a broken wing and run away from the nest when there is an intruder so that the predator chases the "injured" bird instead of eating the young. You know what I do when animals try to trick me with fake injuries? I EAT THEM. Seriously, you should try them, you only live once! I might make some piping hot Wings to snack on while I watch 48 hrs this Saturday night.

Piping Plover Recipe:

http://www.outhousebasement.com/Piping_plover_recipes.html

Warning: Deliberately harming a piping plover will result in a $20,000 fine since piping plovers are a protected species. Preparing a piping plover meal with the above recipe will cost you $80,000 if you get caught. But some say the bone crunching satisfaction is worth every dime.

If I had 80k to drop on a sandwich, I would eat them out of spite.

Well played spider; I see where you are going with that one.

Hemlock Cove is a big south shore west Islip to Massapequa thing. They have Hemstock there each summer and it is always packed with boats. I remember leaving a boat there and running across Ocean Parkway to get to the ocean side. We did this quite often. I think we might be onto something.

So i think we have mostly been under the assumption that these dumps were made from a vehicle, and I do think that is more likely.

It is possible that the perp made the hemlock cove drops while boating, then wading in and up to the road. some reasons he might have done this is the location of the bodies prior to being dumped there (for all we know he stuffs the victims in burlap sacks with an anchor and drops them to the bottom of the bay like a crab trap to decomp out of sight, then pulls up the skeleton bag and dumps them on land). or he would rather transport the bodies by boatto reduce chances of being pulled over and to wash away the DNA. Also Oak island residents rely on boats as one of the main sources of travel right?

Definitely a possibility. I am pretty convinced we have two guys running around. My reason: those scatterred remains (JT) were not placed with the same knowledge of the GB4. Not with the same precision. LISK is smarter than Manorville Butcher. Manorville butcher is a little more spontaneous. And the guy that I am crediting with the local knowledge knows not to start dropping remains on the ocean side (south side) of the highway. Too many people playing in those dunes. Manorville *****er feels left out, his mom probably did not like him either.

All of the GB4 were dumped WEST of the center of Hemlock Cove. Megan and Maureen were actually placed BETWEEN the parkway and the shoreline of the cove in a location where boaters still could have ran across the highway to the Ocean. The Asian was placed even further East almost at the middle of the cove. JT's skull, Hands and forearms were the only remains found just East of the cove and I have proven that her remains were adjacent to that old 4x4 dirt road that ran from the parkway all the way to the state boat channel and the Eastern shoreline of the cove.

MAP

Well then I am wrong. I was under the impression that the cross to the east of hemlock cove represented a gb4 victim. The other 3 crosses just west were the other members of gb4.

Wait a minute....remains were dumped on the median? I never heard that before.

I am going by the crosses that line Ocean Parkway; not your map. Maybe I got my wires crossed; maybe you have your wires crossed. Either way, who cares. Lets straighten this out. There are no crosses on the median.

Yo, that map still mentions the whole 500 feet thing. Newsday blows goats; I have proof. Looks like its time to fire up another smoke and take a ride down there and get my bearings.

Well then I am wrong. I was under the impression that the cross to the east of hemlock cove represented a gb4 victim. The other 3 crosses just west were the other members of gb4.

Wait a minute....remains were dumped on the median? I never heard that before.

I am going by the crosses that line Ocean Parkway; not your map. Maybe I got my wires crossed; maybe you have your wires crossed. Either way, who cares. Lets straighten this out. There are no crosses on the median.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...464323262376358.0004a24253ae4f383c01d&t=h&z=9

no remains south of parkway, no remains in median.

1 killer, 15 years of dumping remains will bring variation in his dispersal, the G4 were moved there from another location when the heat wave (LE) got close, moo.

Here we go again. Ive asked twice to leave him out of this discussion. This is my third. Can we please leave Steve off this god damn board? If anyone is interested in what happened; I would be happy to point you in the direction of his family. Be sure to tell them that you were posting his article on a serial killer forum so from now on when someone searches for his name they get a link to the long island serial killer page. They would love to speak with you.

Definitely a possibility. I am pretty convinced we have two guys running around. My reason: those scatterred remains (JT) were not placed with the same knowledge of the GB4. Not with the same precision. LISK is smarter than Manorville Butcher. Manorville butcher is a little more spontaneous. And the guy that I am crediting with the local knowledge knows not to start dropping remains on the ocean side (south side) of the highway. Too many people playing in those dunes. Manorville *****er feels left out, his mom probably did not like him either.

I wouldn't underestimate Manorville, He is like LISK medium to high organized. He has a lot of patience. But as you pointed out correctly, he has less knowledge about LI Beaches.
Of course, one could argue, Manorville hadn't been on top of his game, since LISK stole all the show, but there is always the risk, Manorville will try to come atop of it again.
And there's a pretty good chance, mommy loved him too much.

This thread should concentrate on discussion of the GB4 and Shannan Gilbert and how the cases are intertwined and may relate to one another.

GB4 -
Maureen Brainard Barnes
Megan Waterman
Melissa Bartholemy
Amber Lynn Costello

Shannan Gilbert - Shannan's disappearance while running from a john's house in Oak Beach while on a distress call to 911 (May '10) subsequently led to the search (Dec '10) which discovered the remains of 4 women wrapped in burlap at Gilgo Beach.

We can sleuth how the GB4 may be related to one another and how/if Shannan's disappearance could be connected.

wm

This thread was started to concentrate on discussion of the GB4 and Shannan Gilbert and how the cases are intertwined and may relate to one another. Please stay on topic. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste