The GB4 and Shannan Gilbert-Connecting the dots

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I remember the belt was left very ambiguous. Hart claimed it was "handled" by an unknown suspect and did not belong to any of the victims. The term "handled" would lead me to believe DNA was obtained from the belt. I have heard many theories on the initials of the belt. If they are indeed initials I would think they are HM. And that HM might have once been married to a Guy who she later divorced. She might have been connected to good old Lowrita. And where there's Lowrita...well...

But it's hard for me to understand why they chose to release that small piece of evidence when they did.
It's also hard for me to believe lisk would leave his belt.
The only way I could see that happenning is if he was cognitively impaired due to alcohol and/or narcotics.
I also wonder why the buckle was not shown. A buckle would clear up whether it was HM or WH. Perhaps the buckle was not present. A belt can be repurposed for many things, especially if the person doing the repurposing is a sadist.

But at this point, knowing how much the investigation and entire case has been and continues to be compromised, there's a part of me that wonders if the belt was even there in the first place or if it was just a bone scpd was throwing out to the public to show they were making progress and sharing information.
When that press conference was held and they showed the pic of the belt, I was so disheartened. It just seemed like such a nothing burger. But i might be totally wrong. I usually am as a general rule in life ;)
(Apologies for the off topic discussion mods)
It also would be helpful to know WHICH crime scene along ocean parkway the belt was found near, or bodies specifically.. But they love the old “decline to comment” in Suffolk.

Does anyone know if Shannan had money in her pockets when she was found?

It also would be helpful to know WHICH crime scene along ocean parkway the belt was found near, or bodies specifically.. But they love the old “decline to comment” in Suffolk.
Look how long it took them to partially release the 911 Tape. How about the videotape of the guy shooting Medius and driving off in his Jeep.
I thought it was funny Melius just hired Mangano to help run Oheka. I guess Ed didn't get burned bad enough by associating with another guy (H.Singh) in the restaurant business.

You think they don't know or have a pretty good idea who shot Medius? Do you think Medius hasn't a pretty good idea who shot him and why?
Do you think they don't have a pretty good idea who is involved in Gilgo? LOL. If they didn't have any idea they would have been putting everything out there hoping to get information.

Does anyone know if Shannan had money in her pockets when she was found?

Burke isn’t the lisk because he doesn’t Hate prostitutes or he wouldn’t have had a kid with one.
Maybe Spota is lisk, because Why would anyone be ok with knowing Burke’s background and protecting him and promoting him. Burke has something on Spota.

Burke's specialty was blackmailing people into submission. A lot of people believe Spota engineered Burke getting the top spot - I hear otherwise - and it made a lot of sense for me. The most important thing for Spota was to keep Burke close to him so he could watch him and keep him out of trouble.

I remember the day it was announced Burke was going to be Chief. My phone rank and a executive at Newsday I was friendly with said I must be upset. Told him quite the contrary because in my opinion it marked the end of Burke's reign of terror.

Spota had a special team of old time detectives he hired as DA Investigators just hired to keep tabs on Jimmy Boy. One fellow was deeply involved in the investigation of the Pius murder. Burke was a subject in that murder and now this ex-detective, on paper works for Burke.

Burke's specialty was blackmailing people into submission. A lot of people believe Spota engineered Burke getting the top spot - I hear otherwise - and it made a lot of sense for me. The most important thing for Spota was to keep Burke close to him so he could watch him and keep him out of trouble.

I remember the day it was announced Burke was going to be Chief. My phone rank and a executive at Newsday I was friendly with said I must be upset. Told him quite the contrary because in my opinion it marked the end of Burke's reign of terror.

Spota had a special team of old time detectives he hired as DA Investigators just hired to keep tabs on Jimmy Boy. One fellow was deeply involved in the investigation of the Pius murder. Burke was a subject in that murder and now this ex-detective, on paper works for Burke.

How did Burke blackmail Loretta Lynch? She did nothing on Loeb finding the snuff films in Burke fun bag, Gilgo case and the 911 call should ALL be prosecuted by Feds. she was there for all of that - Burke blackmail her?

I always wondered if Burke had a Leading Role in those movies. I wondered why Loeb said in Queens court testimony the FEDS told him NOT to describe the content of the 'nasty *advertiser censored*' in the bag. I wondered why Loeb first said that when he was brought into the precinct his beating tamped up when he called Burke a pedophile and after some time passed that changed to pervert. IMO, Loeb is a smart enough fellow to know there is a significant distinction between PEDOPHILE and PERVERT.

Some pervs are pedophiles
All pedophiles are perverts

Check out if there is a connection why Hackett used Spota old law partner to represent him[/QUOTE
Check out if there is a connection why Hackett used Spota old law partner to represent him
Back in the day there was a famous night club on ocean parkway called the Oak beach inn. “OBI” sadly it closed down about 15 years ago. Every one went there and rubbed elbows with celebrities, criminals, top cops, pols, the wealthy, Joe brewer, Hackett and yes most likely the oak beach killer, Joel Rifkin and
John Biltross were all there kicking it. That is really the only connection with Burke and what’s going on with the residents of ocean parkway and the serial killer. Every one misses that club and has a strong connection to the area. There will never be another beach club like it on the island. Which is why millions of people keep returning there every year including Burke and the oak beach killer. The OBI will be missed, Gone but not forgotten.

Last edited:
The belt is filed in my memory as having been associated with the GB4.
I cant remember if that was openly stated at the presser or if I just automatically assumed it.
For whatever Dormer's credibility was worth, the interview in which he states there was reason to believe the perpetrator responsible for the murders of the GB4 actively spent time with their bodies - pre and post mortem - in a way that was particularly brutal, has always stuck with me.
If I am not misremembering and the belt was in fact found with one of the GB4 (or at least at that particular crime scene), I find it difficult to think that it was left at the scene accidentally. There was nothing accidental about anything at the GB4 scene. Everything about it told a story of control and power dynamics- submission vs domination. For that reason I always felt the belt had been included in the GB4 staging for a reason, and that its final purpose was not to hold up a pair of trousers but rather something within the realm of domination and sadism.

Edit: Apologies for not being caught up. I see there is in fact some consensus at least around these parts that the belt was in fact connected to Maureen. That was what I believed as well and I think I referenced her in a previous post about it.

Last edited:
Included in NY Post article earlier this week is the statement:

Authorities have previously said the slayings were the work of at least three killers, with the area around Gilgo Beach having “been used to discard human remains for some period of time.”

Can someone help me out with that sentence? Have I missed something?

I do not recall authorities ever mentioning "at least three killers".

At least three killers dumped bodies at Long Island's Gilgo Beach: Suffolk County DA

"there is no evidence that all of these remains are the work of a single killer." - the honorable District Attorney of Suffolk County, Thomas Spota, a great man

Why did LE not help this Addict? If she was an informant they must have kept in contact with her and known her issue. LE doesn’t care

newsday piece-

The case against Spencer began in September when a female sex worker, who occasionally worked as an informant to Nassau police detectives, died of a heroin overdose in a Massapequa motel, according to two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case. Detectives recovered the woman's cellphone and began investigating her calls and text messages, the sources said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97