The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does someone with the initials HM buy a police style belt, perhaps as a gift for someone who would have use for such a thing, where HM has their initials placed on the inside of the belt as a momento?

I’m skeptical of the embossed area. With all of the corruption within SCPD, how does anyone know that this wasn’t tampered with After the evidence was in police custody?! I wonder if there is actual proof of this at the scene with pics of the embossed area and pics with dates. Just seems so absurd to leave something like this behind accidentally...seems deliberate or not believable.
How about allowing Parabon to use dna to identify the unknown victims?
How about releasing the 911 calls?

"Long Island Serial Killer Story" will be featured on Dr. Oz tomorrow, Thursday Dec 10th, for those interested. Not sure how educational it will be but at least the story is getting out there... more.

PS...Don't hold me to this but I Think I heard that John Ray will be live on LI News Radio tonight at 6pm, Thursday Dec 10. I only got the tail end of the announcement. I believe anyone can listen via search "LI News Radio" I apologize in advance if this is not correct.

<modsnip: Broken quote was removed>

I would like to see the full belt in its entirety.... sometimes I think that maybe they know everything about the belt but are just using it as a distraction .. something for us to focus on and believe they are working hard on the case. I hate to say things like that... but yeaaaah. And their website... it is very unprofessional, slow, and looks like it was made in 95 or something. I am not saying that they need a top notch modern looking page but... at least something that doesn't look like I myself created back in the 4th grade for a poorly done history project or something. I also know that maybe there are some things they don't want the public to know because it might be crucial to the investigation.. something only the killer or killers know. However, there is a wealth of information that has been put out there.. things that could be collected into one place (their website that ... they barely have any info on...for one). I don't know but this case truly irritates me.... I wouldn't be surprised if SCPD is covering something up at this rate... I really hate to say such things.. but... ugh. Just a side note: I know how that area can be.. I used to live near there after the bodies were found and had gone up and down that road many a times.. but I would think that maybe there would be more wear and tear from the elements on the belt. Hot sweltering humid heat in the summer then ice cold snowy wet winters. There is also a lot of wind in that area.. It is also marshy... (speaking of marshy maybe it was preserved nicely because of the soil in the marsh? But then.. wouldn't the bodies be a little more preserved too then? ) I truly don't know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this was mentioned before but what about a Neck Collar Belt ? I apologize I have no idea what they call them, but what if we are not talking about a regular belt but a NECK collar?
I also found a name HWK who is involved in BDSM. Maybe this is his signature belt?
https://www.amazon.com/Hopeless-Slave-Love-BDSM-Erotica-ebook/dp/B08KSJG79L

Interesting find. It is also HMK. Consistent with the initials. Published 10/5/20

If you click the authors name a number of other books are displayed, none of which I think are by "HMK" but others with similar names.

Interesting find. It is also HMK. Consistent with the initials. Published 10/5/20

If you click the authors name a number of other books are displayed, none of which I think are by "HMK" but others with similar names.

Thanks, you're right...I meant HM lol, was doing two things at once.

I also saw/read that it's common to engrave collars, which makes more sense to me than engraving a belt. Perhaps this is why LE is not giving much info on the belt...perhaps it would be too tell tailing? Customized BDSM Collar Personalized Slave Collar DDLG / | Etsy

Thanks, you're right...I meant HM lol, was doing two things at once.

I also saw/read that it's common to engrave collars, which makes more sense to me than engraving a belt. Perhaps this is why LE is not giving much info on the belt...perhaps it would be too tell tailing? Customized BDSM Collar Personalized Slave Collar DDLG / | Etsy
I wish they would show the belt in its entirety and let us know the measurements. that is super interesting, good work!!

One more thing, if we are going with the theory that this belt was found w MBB (based upon original file name), this belt does NOT look like a belt that would have been laying in the elements for 3.5 years from July 2007 through December 2010.

The quality and materials appear similar to a leather duty belt (51 - Garrison Belt w/ Square Buckle, 1.75), but 3.5 years of literally constant exposure to sun, salt, rain, snow, or even wildlife and it wouldn't be this in tact.

Well for one we dont know for sure the belt was in the elements that whole time, if the bodies were dumped later on as some suspect. Also it could of been inside the burlap with the bodies, protecting it from the elements somewhat.

Agreed. I was responding to someone who asked why I felt certain that the bodies were dumped together, in a rushed fashion.

I don't believe burlap would have helped protection from the elements over any great period of time.
I don’t believe leather would deteoriate that badly outside in a few years. Much older things are found & remain preserved out in the elements. IMO.

Listening to John Ray's interview from earlier today (Attorney John Ray LIVE on LI in the AM w/ Jay Oliver! 12.10.20). Says at about 6:04 that belt is 1.5" wide. Although Ray says the orientation of the initials means it could be a strap to a satchel, I stay with my theory that the size and appearance are consistent with a 1.5" Garrison belt.

So, if we can assume the belt to be the ligature for strangulation of MBB , as the media reported then retracted, was it found on the neck or just in the burlap bag? Asking b/c I would think a belt out in elements for 3.5 years would deteriorate more.... looks more like the 3.5 months.... the date from Amber's missing date and discovery of all bodies. Yup, agreeing they were all moved at same time. Where am I going with this? Were they all killed around the same time? "She's at a *advertiser censored* house in Queens" which suggests she was sex trafficed (MBB).... but then there's " I'm going to watch her rot..."(MB) which would suggest not. The more you think, the less we know... and there is probably way more evidence we don't know about making some of us think wild thoughts rather than the simplest explanation (me in particular)

So, if we can assume the belt to be the ligature for strangulation of MBB , as the media reported then retracted, was it found on the neck or just in the burlap bag? Asking b/c I would think a belt out in elements for 3.5 years would deteriorate more.... looks more like the 3.5 months.... the date from Amber's missing date and discovery of all bodies. Yup, agreeing they were all moved at same time. Where am I going with this? Were they all killed around the same time? "She's at a *advertiser censored* house in Queens" which suggests she was sex trafficed (MBB).... but then there's " I'm going to watch her rot..."(MB) which would suggest not. The more you think, the less we know... and there is probably way more evidence we don't know about making some of us think wild thoughts rather than the simplest explanation (me in particular)

One thing worth considering is the timeline. As of now there are multiple theories about the origin of the belt, one leading theory is that HM = Heather Malone.

If you listen to the interview Guy Malone did with Frank McKay, McKay asks him how long her and Burke stayed together. His response was something along the lines of "well that was 2001, so it was another 5 or 6 years after that".

Now we know the belt was found with Barnes remains, unless SCPD just named the file that for another reason. There is a chronology there. Burkes relationship with HM comes to a conclusion around 06 or 07. MBB is the 1st of the GB4 and disappeared in 07.

Now, the belt hasn't been linked to Malone, but you can't say the timeline doesn't make a ton of sense. Her ex-husband also mentioned her fashion sense which included a Rolex watch, Lous Vuitton luggage, etc. The black personalized strap is consistent with that.

Agreed. I was responding to someone who asked why I felt certain that the bodies were dumped together, in a rushed fashion.

I don't believe burlap would have helped protection from the elements over any great period of time.
treated burlap which is most commonly used in nurseries, garden centers, is much more likely to withstand the elements and decomp. That alone couldve helped preserve the belt. also who can say how long they were actually in the ground? would be interesting to see the shape their clothing items were in. Did you watch TKS and see in episode one when they were showing LE beginning to pull items from the ground and there was a brown shoe being collected? it appeared in fairly good shape IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back