The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there is no evidence of an intruder. A man breaks into the home to rob them. He finds three people a sleep, no one has seen him all he has to do is leave. Or even grab the jewelry on the bar and slip back out. Instead he savagely attacks two sleeping little boys and then the woman without taking anything. Why?

Thanks Kadman for posting the body language behavior panel video. It was quite interesting and I was especially fascinated by their analysis of the behavior that indicates psychosis. Darlie, of course, has always been her own worst enemy because her ego keeps her in front of the cameras - where she constantly changes her stories, acts inappropriately and says incriminating things. Remember she invited the press to the gravesite party.

It’s a lot easier to “understand” how a mother could do this, and thus accept her guilt, if you understand that she’s really a psychopath and doesn’t think or process feelings like others.

The 911 call is illuminating. Like many killers, IMO she is using it to stage her story.

She sounds fake in her grief. Darin sounds real- like what a parent who discovers their kids stabbed would sound like: Horrified. Panicked. Desperate to save them.

She sounded like someone who was eager to lay out evidence and point to someone else. “Who would do this? Who would do this? Who would do this?” I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone innocent in such a circumstance focused on anything except saving their kids.

And that’s another thing. Her insistence that they’re dead or dying? No loving parent is willing to give up hope until they’re forced to. It’s not the way the brain of a parent works. I mean jeez, we have accounts of parents keeping what are essentially corpses, hooked up to machines, because they cannot accept that their child is gone.

People go to insane lengths to deny the reality of their child’s demise. They will go to any length to keep them alive if there’s the tiniest sign of possibility.

But not her.

She was highly concerned with pointing everyone in an unknown direction.

She was also concerned with things like explaining that she woke up fighting. (Probably to explain why she had not been stabbed more). And that the killer had left a knife in the garage. (I guess this was not the case but how would she know what was in the garage if she called immediately after the intruder fled?)

She also appeared to say, “Darin. I promise.” As if to say, “I promise it wasn’t me.”

The call was weird. Her affect matches 911 calls of various others who have carried out premeditated killings of relatives and then tried to say someone else did it.

Add to that the forensic evidence and it’s a case without reasonable doubt for me.

I’m against the death penalty. But the conviction appears valid.

I've recently come across The Behavior Panel. If you haven't seen these guys assess body language before, check out their assessment of Darlie.
Interesting. That fake high pitched little girl voice makes me cringe . And her eyes and facial expressions are so off. She just gives me the creeps.
I totally agree with Scott Rouse when he says she’s a dumb psychopath. Not like the psychos portrayed in the movies, but a “psychopathic idiot”.

Last edited:
What do you all think about the Innocense Project accepting Darlie's case?

Non-profits make money by making headlines. I never had a problem believing Darlie was guilty, since she seemed unhinged and had a financial motive. True narcissists will murder their children if they need to do so to continue their lifestyles. The theories of an alternate intruder have never stood up in my view.

I think there is no evidence of an intruder. A man breaks into the home to rob them. He finds three people a sleep, no one has seen him all he has to do is leave. Or even grab the jewelry on the bar and slip back out. Instead he savagely attacks two sleeping little boys and then the woman without taking anything. Why?

I don't think it was an 'intruder' either. I think it was someone who knew the house and family well, someone who was jealous of Darlie and her life.

I don't think it was an 'intruder' either. I think it was someone who knew the house and family well, someone who was jealous of Darlie and her life.
That is always a possibility. But why murder the two little sleeping boys and why kill them first take a risk that Darlie or Daren would wake-up and see them. If they were jealous of Darlie wouldn't they have killed her first? JMO

I think they were going for the most hurt, dead children, possibly something that had happened in another time or place.

IMO

For those interested in the various motions and orders filed over the years you can find many here:
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/
Case # F9639973
The most recent documents help explain the Innocence Project's involvement in Darlie's case. Also are some older letters written by "friends" and "concerned persons" asking the court to free her. A couple ask to run 85-J. One letter reads like a novella, presenting a possible scenario of what happened the night the boys were murdered. It suggests an intruder broke in with the intention of sexually assaulting Darlie. I guess they saw the boys and then decided to brutally stab them instead. (sarcasm)

All in all there's some interesting stuff. The link may already have been submitted here in the past but I hadn't seen it before, that I remember anyway.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why this thread is titled The Innocence Project has taken Darlie’s case when it’s obviously not true. I haven’t seen anything anywhere showing this to be so but maybe I’m wrong. Can someone provide a link if so?
Otherwise it’s very misleading.

Note: see my next post to access the docs listed here. The court site doesn't allow direct links to each. Sorry about that.

A status update hearing is scheduled for May 16 at 10 am.

Also, it turns out that the Innocence Project appears to be involved, per several filings from 2021. I don't know why msm hasn't reported on the IP's specific role in the case - I found the docs easily enough.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney and can only describe the docs as I understand them. Please feel free to read them and correct any misrepresentations I may make.

4/22/2021. Motion granting Vanessa Potkin and Jane Pucher to participate in Darlie's case as non-resident attorneys (pro hac vice).

9/30/2021. Order for Transference of Evidence and Post-Conviction DNA testing. This is a biggie. Nearly 30 items are listed and some include multiple cuttings, swabs, etc.. I can't cut and paste the doc so y'all have to read it for yourselves.

Vanessa Potkin/IP is to pay all prep and shipping costs. As for the testing themselves it says the "parties" agree to pay as mutually agreed upon. I'm not clear on who the parties include.

12/15/2021. Order to release all lab files to the Innocence Project. IP will pay costs.

12/15/2021. Order to the DA to ship the window screen to the Forensic Analytical Crime Lab in California. IP will pay shipping costs.

Now, after all that I can only wonder at why the Innocence Project isn't publicizing their participation more? Not one word on the status of all that testing. Heck, is it even possible to test all those items in a timely manner? No info on whether or not even a single one has finished testing.

Where is msm? Where are Darlie's supporters? Are they flooding the IP with funds to pay for the tests? No? IMO it's a waste of money on the IP's part anyway when donations could go to more worthy cases.

P. S. Darlie's case is *not* listed on the site:
All Cases - Innocence Project

What's the deal??

Last edited:
Note: see my next post to access the docs listed here. The court site doesn't allow direct links to each. Sorry about that.

A status update hearing is scheduled for May 16 at 10 am.

Also, it turns out that the Innocence Project appears to be involved, per several filings from 2021. I don't know why msm hasn't reported on the IP's specific role in the case - I found the docs easily enough.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney and can only describe the docs as I understand them. Please feel free to read them and correct any misrepresentations I may make.

4/22/2021. Motion granting Vanessa Potkin and Jane Pucher to participate in Darlie's case as non-resident attorneys (pro hac vice).

9/30/2021. Order for Transference of Evidence and Post-Conviction DNA testing. This is a biggie. Nearly 30 items are listed and some include multiple cuttings, swabs, etc.. I can't cut and paste the doc so y'all have to read it for yourselves.

Vanessa Potkin/IP is to pay all prep and shipping costs. As for the testing themselves it says the "parties" agree to pay as mutually agreed upon. I'm not clear on who the parties include.

12/15/2021. Order to release all lab files to the Innocence Project. IP will pay costs.

12/15/2021. Order to the DA to ship the window screen to the Forensic Analytical Crime Lab in California. IP will pay shipping costs.

Now, after all that I can only wonder at why the Innocence Project isn't publicizing their participation more? Not one word on the status of all that testing. Heck, is it even possible to test all those items in a timely manner? No info on whether or not even a single one has finished testing.

Where is msm? Where are Darlie's supporters? Are they flooding the IP with funds to pay for the tests? No? IMO it's a waste of money on the IP's part anyway when donations could go to more worthy cases.

P. S. Darlie's case is *not* listed on the site:
All Cases - Innocence Project

What's the deal??
I'm guessing that the Innocence Project knows this repeated testing is going nowhere and want to minimize the bad publicity that will come with failure. So no listing of this case on their website. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back