The Justice System Has Failed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly I was more appalled by the judge.:loser: He was sitting back in his chair like he was on break, and just accepted whatever the jury said. :waitasec:

Respectfully, I couldn't disagree more.

Are you saying that he should have broken the law and overturned the jury????

these people listened to 90 some witnesses, they saw hundreds of pieces of evidence, and you mean to tell me they were done deliberating on all that information, from both sides, in what was the equivalent of ONE FULL DAY????

I am ashamed for those jurors. This system failed. There is no other conclusion I can reach. I could have swallowed this verdict alot easier had they ACTUALLY deliberated as they were charged to do. You will never convince me they gave this case the attention and diligence that it required with ONE DAY's worth of deliberating.

The. Jury. Did. Not. Have. The. Knowledge. That. Non-Jurors. Do.

They gave the correct ruling with the information they were given.

I stand by my post above. i do not call for stoning or any action whatsoever, I dont want to live in that kind of world where people are stoned for disagreeing with me.

That said, I am ashamed for these jurors. I think what was presented to them by both sides, required more than a single day's deliberation. I think these jurors did not do their duty. That is my opinion and I will stand behind it. Other opinions may vary. But that is mine and it will not deviate.

We have the greatest legal system in the world.

I do not agree with the verdict, but I agree that the jury made the right decision based on the information they had.

Plain and simple.

I'm going to put a few quotes from someone that I'm sure you respect that agree with my statement.

websleuths Tricia Griffith

Everyone please listen. This is the only verdict they could come up with. Step back and look. EVERYONE LIED. Who do they believe?

8 hours ago

websleuths
Tricia Griffith

jury had to find her not guilty. they.could not figure out who was telling the truth

8 hours ago

websleuths
Tricia Griffith

I don't agree. She is definately GUILTY. But based on the case the way it was presented they had to find her not guilty

8 hours ago

I feel like the discussion here has been fair and if anyone has been inappropriate then their post should be reported and removed. It seems normal to debate whether this was a "just" verdict and whether justice was served. I do respect your opinion and actually agree the jury probably came to the decision they did based on what was presented, but alternatively, I feel it's fair to point out that their decision could have been based on unfair factors...but definitely appreciate your point of view, but this is not going to be an easy debate...we don't all have to agree this is the only verdict they could come up with...

I love what a lawyer said on Nancy Grace tonight. They found the only 12 jurors in the United States that still believes the Earth is flat......classic yet sad.

I heard Vinnie P. Refer to when the defense team may have "known" about the "accidental death". Where they under any legal obligation to report the location of little Caylee's remains if their client informed them?
TIA

Honestly I was more appalled by the judge.:loser: He was sitting back in his chair like he was on break, and just accepted whatever the jury said. :waitasec:

He had no choice; he can only vacate the verdict if they said "guilty" and he knew the case was not proven. He can't vacate a "not guilty."

I'm not sure of that anymore. You have what happened today and then you have 3 young men in Arkansas (West Memphis 3) that have been in jail for over 15 years for 1st degree murder who are innocent yet they still sit in jail on deathrow. Sorry I don't buy it anymore. JMHO

We have the greatest legal system in the world.

I do not agree with the verdict, but I agree that the jury made the right decision based on the information they had.

Plain and simple.

I'm going to put a few quotes from someone that I'm sure you respect that agree with my statement.

websleuths Tricia Griffith

Everyone please listen. This is the only verdict they could come up with. Step back and look. EVERYONE LIED. Who do they believe?

8 hours ago

websleuths
Tricia Griffith

jury had to find her not guilty. they.could not figure out who was telling the truth

8 hours ago

websleuths
Tricia Griffith

I don't agree. She is definately GUILTY. But based on the case the way it was presented they had to find her not guilty

8 hours ago

Without getting into deeply political territory, this justice system is only a reflection of the larger issue in this country today as far as how we have strayed from our original intent, the importance we place on our citizenship, our responsibility to shame those who have violated our human contract and, frankly, the rejection of our largely puritanical values; Those values being the glue that preserves families, ethics, morals and this very justice system.
I'm not saying we don't need to progress, I'm just saying that I look around and see so much laziness, so much selfishness, so much ignorance, and it's really, really sad.
If you are reading this and disagree, please understand: Members at this forum are the antithesis of what I have written above. Even those of you that have supported KC, I know from reading your posts, have given ALL of the evidence deep thought and made arguments based on the facts that we have come to learn. The fact that you are here means your were paying attention. I know everyone here cares about and knows Caylee Marie Anthony.
This jury was not like you.
These people did not even ask for one piece of evidence or testimony in deliberation. Nothing. While I understand they have to presume KC not-guilty, they also have to remember they are an important thread in the fabric of their state, and when one thread comes loose, the whole of the fabric comes apart. They did not hold KC accountable for anything. Not even wondering where Caylee had wandered off to. It's such a punt of their responsibility to protect children in Florida, IMO. Her right to have her life considered is just as important as KC's right to a fair and impartial jury, and I have studied our founders enough to know they would have agreed.

I still cannot believe that this is the outcome of this case. Such a sad sad day. There really are no words. :(

Lady Justice's scales are tilted tonight. I used to believe in objectivity. That everyone could get a fair trial regardless of identity,money,power, or weakness. Apparently it was I that was wearing the blindfold. People are convicted with circumstantial evidence, have inadaqute representation, as well as their civil rights violated everyday.

If you have money, power, "too pretty for jail" like Debra Lefvre, or claim you are abused like Casey Anthony, the scales tilt in your favor and you walk away with a slap on the hand.What is just and where has justice gone?? Maybe Lady Justice should remove that blindfold and see the partiality that is running in our judicial system.

Because justice is not objective, it is unjust and biased. The scales tilt towards the rich the powerful..the esthetically pleasing..and.the liars...and fails the poor and the mentally ill every single day. I have lost trust in our justice system and hope that there is a heaven and a just God who we will answer to ultimately in the end.

He has to do that because a Judge has to be impartial and accept the verdict. That's how it works - would we really want Judges to decide the fate of everyone?

Blaming the Judge isn't going to get anyone anywhere in figuring out what went wrong. I thought he was completely fair throughout.

I can't decide what went wrong. I didn't like the "air in a jar" evidence, and I thought it was stupid that the technician didn't take a photo of the heart sticker residue on the tape ("hey, it's not my job" - how ridiculous). I thought some of Casey's friends for the Defense were more positive towards her than I expected.

But I don't understand why the Jury wasn't moved by the photographic evidence of the skull and remains. I remember the first day they released the pictures of the crime scene and we were all shocked, so they must have had some really stoical people on the Jury.

However, I would have bet everything I owned yesterday that we would get a guilty verdict today based on the Prosecution Closing Statement, which stressed the web of lies and the activities of Casey while this little girl was missing and unaccounted for. Why isn't she being charged with neglect? Why isn't she being charged with endangering a minor? Honest to God, where did this Jury think the baby was while Casey with her friends as if nothing was wrong? What about all the imaginary people in her stories? :banghead: What about Zanny the Nanny and all that?

If it makes anyone feel better, at my daughter's law office, they were stunned today too. Everyone stopped working to watch TV, and immediately said it was another O.J. case. And on Facebook, the Law Students were debating as fiercely as we are, and no one could figure it out.

So don't believe any of these people on TV who now say they thought it was a crap case all the way - they aren't being honest. Even Dr. Drew said that he saw this coming, but Come ON!!! Nobody saw this coming!

Also, to insinuate that we all think she is guilty because Nancy Grace or someone told is, is unfair and untrue. The evidence was made public, we looked at it, and used common sense to see what was happening.

I heard Vinnie P. Refer to when the defense team may have "known" about the "accidental death". Where they under any legal obligation to report the location of little Caylee's remains if their client informed them?
TIA

Almost 100% sure they would not be under any legal obligation. Anyone can look up the Florida rules for lawyers using google.

The defense created a soap opera in the court room and the jury fell for the sensationalism.

The media did not create the pathological lies of Casey Anthony, they are documented on jail house calls, written statements and police interviews.

Horrible.

Flip someone off in court....6 days!

Throw away your baby to rot.... Free to live the beautiful life.

TOTALLY makes sense. Ugh

I don't understand all the posts that say the jury didn't deliberate long enough and that's why she was found not guilty. Prior to the announcement of the verdict, there was a topic made to discuss how long deliberations would take. Many posters predicted that it would only be a few hours because Casey was obviously guilty. When we got the news about the verdict coming in, after 10 hours, many commented that Casey must be guilty if they reached a verdict so quickly. But now I read posts that say the jury was too quick, and that's why they had a not guilty verdict. :waitasec:

Guess what? I'm done editing snark out of posts and personalization. Don't tell anyone they need to move to another country. Don't tell anyone their opinion is because they think they are smarter. Don't tell anyone that they need to calm down. Don't go there!

You may disagree. But you will do it without taking your finger and pointing it at another poster and calling them out with snark.

Either you stop personalizing or you won't be posting. We don't attack one another on Websleuths.

I don't understand all the posts that say the jury didn't deliberate long enough and that's why she was found not guilty. Prior to the announcement of the verdict, there was a topic made to discuss how long deliberations would take. Many posters predicted that it would only be a few hours because Casey was obviously guilty. When we got the news about the verdict coming in, after 10 hours, many commented that Casey must be guilty if they reached a verdict so quickly. But now I read posts that say the jury was too quick, and that's why they had a not guilty verdict. :waitasec:
Well...I can only speak for myself...but I said a week because there was so much evidence.
Another poster pointed out that they were ready to rock and roll on the 4th (by the way they were dressed)...could be...now that's a bit quick, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773
Back