The Key: Planted or Not? Impact?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd guess that Ken Kratz removed the note that read "pls don't eat" thus allowing one or more innocent people to eat the red and blue candies and then placing the note back in the bowl of candies in an attempt to make the person with the visibly red tongue look guilty. As a side note the person with the visibly red tongue would've been discovered by either Lenk or Colburn several weeks after the fact.

View attachment 87101

Glad i didn't have my coffee in front of me or I'd have spit it everywhere!

http://fox6now.com/2016/01/07/febru...a-halbach-takes-the-stand-in-the-avery-trial/

a video with TH's sister on the stand explaining where the lanyard came from.... the evidence key now attached to the other end of the lanyard, and she is touching it. I guess it wasn't a big deal now.

If she actually used that lanyard, I find it so very hard to believe they didn't find her DNA on the clasp or the key?

You and me both. Especially if she'd gripped that lanyard in her palm for years. Her DNA would be embedded. Skin cells, sweat, etc. It's one thing to scrub a piece of plastic and metal but fabric? JMO
tumblr_m88heriBEH1rziwwco1_500.gif

Just because you get 2 keys does not mean that it is not used.. I have 2 keys for my car on two different rings.. Sometimes I use one and sometimes I use the other.

I don't know why it being the spare key, If this is even true matters? If she used that one.

No one here is saying that the use of a valet key is uncommon. Most agree we have done it or know of someone who has. I personally keep my valet key inside in case I lock myself out.

However, if there is question to how the key got in Steve Avery's trailer, then something of this nature comes into question.

If she used her master key and it typically had her house key on the same ring... would you then be closer to understanding and agreeing there is reason to question further ?

The light switch is the overhead light, isn't it? So that female DNA could be from any female passenger that she had from who knows when. jmo

When I read it last night I thought it was a wall light switch. :facepalm:

That was my interpretation as well. The wall light switch in a bedroom.

I'm not sure tbh Schmae. I have watched numerous clips from the trial with that dang key, and I have seen more than 1 person handling it without gloves. So could more testing be done on it and it be reliable? This is just one piece.

I read where the key looks like it was just made and wasn't the regular key used. Couldn't they put it under a microscope and determine if it was worn down from being put in the ignition numerous times, or hardly, if at all, used?

I read where the key looks like it was just made and wasn't the regular key used. Couldn't they put it under a microscope and determine if it was worn down from being put in the ignition numerous times, or hardly, if at all, used?

Who would do that ? ;)

Thanks to the cross examination by Jerry Buting we know for a fact aliens didn't plant the key.

Manitowoc County had motive to see that Steven Avery was found guilty because he most likely would've won a large settlement against the county. That payout would come from the county and not their insurance carrier and depending on the size of the settlement it could have a severe impact on the county. Colburn and Lenk had questionable actions in Avery's rape conviction/sentence and then the two of them volunteer to conduct a search of the Avery residence. There's an appearance that they had an agenda.

Colburn and Lenk were at the residence 3 times before the key was found. The Calumet officer that was with Colburn and Lenk when the key was found didn't say they planted the key, but did say that it would've been possible. There really is no need for Colburn to shake the end table roughly. I guess that's his explanation of how the key ended up on the floor, because it hadn't been seen prior. If the key was wedged between the back of the end table and the wall it would've fell straight down and landed on the floor. It wouldn't have landed to the left of the end table. The key couldn't have been in the end table because it was cased in so it'd be impossible for the key to land where it did. If the key was on top of the end table there'd be no point in shaking the end table roughly because the key would be in plain sight. I don't think I've ever met anyone that drives around with just a car key and no other keys attached. It would seem reasonable if that was the key she used everyday her dna would be found somewhere on that key, and it'd most likely have a house/apt key attached. I don't know where they got the key, but somehow they obtained a key and made it look like they found it.

There's really nothing about this case that makes me think he did it. It's ridiculous to think he decided to have a bonfire in front of his house with a dead body, and it makes no sense he'd burn it elsewhere only to bring back some remains. It fact it makes no sense at all that he'd try and burn a body when he had a smelter.

Thanks to the cross examination by Jerry Buting we know for a fact aliens didn't plant the key.

Manitowoc County had motive to see that Steven Avery was found guilty because he most likely would've won a large settlement against the county. That payout would come from the county and not their insurance carrier and depending on the size of the settlement it could have a severe impact on the county. Colburn and Lenk had questionable actions in Avery's rape conviction/sentence and then the two of them volunteer to conduct a search of the Avery residence. There's an appearance that they had an agenda.

Colburn and Lenk were at the residence 3 times before the key was found. The Calumet officer that was with Colburn and Lenk when the key was found didn't say they planted the key, but did say that it would've been possible. There really is no need for Colburn to shake the end table roughly. I guess that's his explanation of how the key ended up on the floor, because it hadn't been seen prior. If the key was wedged between the back of the end table and the wall it would've fell straight down and landed on the floor. It wouldn't have landed to the left of the end table. The key couldn't have been in the end table because it was cased in so it'd be impossible for the key to land where it did. If the key was on top of the end table there'd be no point in shaking the end table roughly because the key would be in plain sight. I don't think I've ever met anyone that drives around with just a car key and no other keys attached. It would seem reasonable if that was the key she used everyday her dna would be found somewhere on that key, and it'd most likely have a house/apt key attached. I don't know where they got the key, but somehow they obtained a key and made it look like they found it.

There's really nothing about this case that makes me think he did it. It's ridiculous to think he decided to have a bonfire in front of his house with a dead body, and it makes no sense he'd burn it elsewhere only to bring back some remains. It fact it makes no sense at all that he'd try and burn a body when he had a smelter.

You should read these:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMur...houghts_from_a_civil_defense_attorney_on_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMur...mation_on_the_searches_of_averys_trailer_and/

key 2.jpgkey.jpg

I'm guessing the first photo is before the key is found (because of the slippers). It is clear to me that some things have been removed/moved/added by the time the key was found. IIRC the Avery's at this time were not on or allowed on the property, so the only one's that had access to that bedroom was LE I guess.

This link can give you a better idea of how the back panel of the nightstand was broken open partially, which is how they say the key might have fell out :

http://imgur.com/a/ELxbZ

Am I the only one that kind of thinks the idea of rustling around the nightstand as opposed to taking items out/off of it one at a time, would be odd ? :)

Is that something they teach you in crime scene investigation school ? to shake the furniture before meticulously checking each item for potential evidence ?

This link can give you a better idea of how the back panel of the nightstand was broken open partially, which is how they say the key might have fell out :

Am I the only one that kind of thinks the idea of rustling around the nightstand as opposed to taking items out/off of it one at a time, would be odd ? :)

Is that something they teach you in crime scene investigation school ? to shake the furniture before meticulously checking each item for potential evidence ?

if you look at the pictures above.... since there are items removed from that nightstand... and some items there that I don't see in the first picture (the phone) So they didn't see the key the first time? even if it was at the back?

and then... did the key fall under the slipper and they had to move the slipper to see the key? or had the slipper already been moved? is it possible the key hit a slipper resulting in the transfer of DNA?

There was an officer that testified that he had searched that area previously and did NOT see the key. Maybe he missed it.

oh and lets not forget... Colburn ROUGHLY shook it, turning and twisting it, and the key fell out. He shook it so roughly that the piece of paper on the top of it is in almost the exact same spot in both pictures. oh oops... the remote moved, surprised it didn't fall on the floor after being roughly shaken and turned and twisted!!!!

Here is three pictures from the bedroom during the several searches to Avery's Property. I have a hard time believing Sgt. Colborn Shook, Twisted and roughly handled this piece of furniture when you can tell by the placement on the wall next to that electrical outlet that he didn't ever move that furniture away from the wall. The stuff that is in the shelf don't look shaken. The piece of paper is still on the top of it and would think shaking it would cause something or that to fall off or away from its placement in the shelf. Which makes me suspect even more that the key was planted. A key that had only his DNA on it. DNA that could have been transferred from the carpet he walked on everyday. Why was none of her own DNA on this key. And where is her house keys?

attachment.php

View attachment 87206View attachment 87207

I'm guessing the first photo is before the key is found (because of the slippers). It is clear to me that some things have been removed/moved/added by the time the key was found. IIRC the Avery's at this time were not on or allowed on the property, so the only one's that had access to that bedroom was LE I guess.

Ok missy I took your advice and posted this here on the key thread. The one where the slippers are stacked is supposedly from November 5 from what I understand. And of course that Key photo would be Nov 8 2005. This would be the third day of the search but 7th entry to his trailer. The third picture I have posted is when they are first walking through his home on the video camera. See how the shelf was originally empty of papers. but HIS keys were there. and the books in the middle and the right side of the picture have changed whats in them in the three times that I have noticed. However the big book on the left still in there. the remote and paper is still on the top. but in the one from the 5th has papers in there and different set up in the middle. Even so your picture of the key shows better that the remote and that paper were not SHAKEN or Twisted or Roughly handled to make either of them to seem disturbed from one picture to the other. and the placement on the wall from each picture shows me that the shelf was EXACTLY the same in each photo. I just have a hard time believing Colborn at all. The hand movements he made when questioned about Running her plates was a tell for me that he was lying. Any who just my opinion as always.

GUESS SOMEONE MOVED IT UP THERE SO ILL DELETE THIS PICTURE HERE.

Look at the size of the key and the back of that shelf. the key would have been noticed on the several occasions they were in there. It was said that book case was searched before and everything was taken out. You would have noticed that key there pushing the cardboard backing away from the shelf. Plus they did not roughly move that dress for it to fall out. in all the pictures it is always in the same position. Had he moved it he did a miracle of a job putting it back to the exact location it was in the other pictures prior to this day. Some things have changed tho in that bookshelf. but some stuff is always there. Why the changes? Cause someone had searched that area before. Had he moved it roughly I would think stuff would be shifted inside the bookshelf including the phone and paper on top.

Wish there were dates on these photos. I am thinking these two may have been taken on the same day. Not sure. just my opinion based on placement of things. as you will see in the pictures below.

attachment.php

So, let's say that LE somehow planted the key. Does this make all the other evidence against him moot? Could it be possible that he did kill Teresa but, just to be certain, someone in law enforcement decided to plant a key? Yes, that's horrible. But, for me, it doesn't make the rest of the evidence against him just go away...it just doesn't.

No, not necessarily moot, but suspect.

In NY state when the judge is reading the deliberation instructions he/she states that if anyone on the jury finds a particular witness to be disingenuous or not credible for a variety of reasonable reasons (LOL),
then the jury/juror is permitted to disregard all of the testimony by the witness. However, they are also permitted to consider a portion or portions of the witnesses' testimony.

I'm uncertain if this is a federal law. I think that it is.

As far as the Avery case, the key is troublesome to me. I think that it is more likely than not that something nefarious happened with that key. I could be wrong though.

I could explain my concern about my opinion further but the site or my computer is acting wonky. I'll just state that many members explained it well on this thread.
Was the culprit LE or another person? I'm leaning more towards LE.
I'm keeping an open mind about this case. I'm open to all possibilities, because I don't have enough information yet.
I wish that the jury would speak openly.
I wish that the transcripts of the Avery trial were available.
Pardon the grammar, run on sentences etc..I'm unable to correct anything due to the wonkiness I described earlier.

Wish there were dates on these photos. I am thinking these two may have been taken on the same day. Not sure. just my opinion based on placement of things. as you will see in the pictures below.

attachment.php

We have seen other pictures that show the key itself in an entirely different position haven't we?

I do not think so. Think this is the only key picture that I have seen in the position in which it was found. There are other pictures of the key that are in evidence bags and against rulers for measurement. But this is the Only key pictures that portrays the way it was seen by the officers at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back