The Letters and the Secret Evidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now could the defense get these thrown out b/c the guard helped pass these letters and that's a "no,no" I have no clue just asking.

Here's my question . . . I wonder how this inmate got the 50 letters into someone else's hands without someone @ the jail noticing they were from kc? If the inmate sent them by snail mail, why wouldn't jail staff notice that prior to sending (as I understand all incoming and outgoing mail from jail is subject to scrutiny). How could the inmate give the letters to an outside person at a visitation if all visits are via tv screen and not actual physical contact? I agree that a guard may have helped to sneak them between inmates, but how does one inmate (now in Fed prison) get those letters out? Any thoughts?

could it be that the letters were given to another inmate who was incarcerated with the 2 of them and that person was released from jail and got to take them home? could it be that the person holding the letters (outside of the jail) is actually a jail employee?

If I remember correctly, There is a difference in how the jail handles mail when the inmate is a prisoner or just being held before trial. OC jail has both types of inmates - convicted and waiting for trial. ALL incoming mail is checked for both types. Outgoing mail is only monitored when the inmate has been convicted and is serving time in County prison or awaiting transfer after conviction. inamtes awaiting trial do not have their outgoing mail monitored. So the letters could have been sent out to someone.

While I am not 100% sure this is correct, I am 95% sure. I remember reading it somewhere at some point, I will try to track down where I saw it.

If I remember correctly, There is a difference in how the jail handles mail when the inmate is a prisoner or just being held before trial. OC jail has both types of inmates - convicted and waiting for trial. ALL incoming mail is checked for both types. Outgoing mail is only monitored when the inmate has been convicted and is serving time in County prison or awaiting transfer after conviction. inamtes awaiting trial do not have their outgoing mail monitored. So the letters could have been sent out to someone.

While I am not 100% sure this is correct, I am 95% sure. I remember reading it somewhere at some point, I will try to track down where I saw it.

This would explain how the 3rd party to have easily obtained them. So from what I understand from your post, kc was awaiting trial on the check charges and all of the other charges during this time. Her outgoing mail would not be subject to monitoring as she was not convicted of any crimes during this period? She may have been sending letters home and to many others all along, if this is true.

If they were obtained illegally and I would hope the Lawyers let us know, then they can't use them. I am sure Jb will be putting in a motion to seal them soon. IMO

Maybe I am misunderstanding but there is no where that I have read that says the letters were illegally obtained. Prisoners have no right to privacy as far as items found in their cell. If Casey did something illegal by writing and passing the letters (whether or not a guard was involved) that has no barring on whether or not the letters are legal evidence.

Letters that do not go through the mail room is considered contraband. There is no reason Inmate Anthony had to correspond with any inmate other then through the proper channels, snail mail! Even there I do not believe this is considered for it would be against prison rules???

An attorney cannot pass letters that have not gone through censorship..I do believe if Inmate Anthony talked about her murder charges, those letters are coming in, unless Baez can get it sealed as irrelevant, IMO, it's already been said there is no confession but are relevent to her case.

Letters that do not go through the mail room is considered contraband. There is no reason Inmate Anthony had to correspond with any inmate other then through the proper channels, snail mail! Even there I do not believe this is considered for it would be against prison rules???

An attorney cannot pass letters that have not gone through censorship..I do believe if Inmate Anthony talked about her murder charges, those letters are coming in, unless Baez can get it sealed as irrelevant, IMO, it's already been said there is no confession but are relevent to her case.

This has got me wondering how many stamps kc has purchased since she has been in there. I imagine they are purchased thru the commisary but could someone from the outside send her stamps in her incoming snail mail (or is that a violation of rules?)

Now could the defense get these thrown out b/c the guard helped pass these letters and that's a "no,no" I have no clue just asking.

IMO, there is no way to get them thrown out just because the guard broke the rules by passing them. If the jail had "set up" the communication--i.e., asked the other inmate to attempt communication with KC--that would be another story, perhaps, but the federal inmate said that didn't happen.

This has got me wondering how many stamps kc has purchased since she has been in there. I imagine they are purchased thru the commisary but could someone from the outside send her stamps in her incoming snail mail (or is that a violation of rules?)

(above bolding by smart blonde)

That would be a violation of rules.

(People on the outside could possibly lace the sticky part of a stamp with drugs- so it is not allowed).

Inmates must purchase stamps from the jail.

F.Mail should be written in English or Spanish unless the inmate has prior written approval from the warden to receive correspondence in another language.

G.All routine mail sent to an inmate is opened, examined, and read by designated department staff.

H.Inmates will be permitted to receive only the following types of materials through routine mail:
i.Written correspondence (no limit as to number of pages). Correspondence may be written on greeting cards, but cards containing electronic or other non-paper parts, cards which are constructed in such a way as to permit concealment of contraband, or which are larger than 8"x10" will not be permitted.
ii.Up to 15 pages of additional written materials, unless prior approval is obtained from the warden to send in an enclosure of greater than 15 pages
Each page can be no larger than 8 1/2 x 14 inches in size; material can be on both sides of a page.
This does not include bound publications which will be handled pursuant to rule 33-501.401, F.A.C. Individual newspaper or magazine articles or clippings or clippings from other publications are permissible, up to the 15 page limit.
No item can be glued, taped, stapled or otherwise affixed to a page.
Requests to send enclosures of greater than 15 pages shall be made to the warden or his designee prior to sending the material.
Exceptions to the 15 page limitation are intended for enclosures concerning legal, medical, or other significant issues, and not for material for general reading or entertainment purposes.
The warden shall advise the sender and the mail room of his approval or disapproval of the request.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/writing.html

End of page 5--no third party mailings are authorized...
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/secretary/legal/ch33/notices/33-210.101npr.pdf

I can't find any information on inmate to inmate, I do believe the warden has to approve one imate to another..JMHO

IMO, there is no way to get them thrown out just because the guard broke the rules by passing them. If the jail had "set up" the communication--i.e., asked the other inmate to attempt communication with KC--that would be another story, perhaps, but the federal inmate said that didn't happen.

What really amazes me is the fact that she has refused to have her parents visit under the advice of her attorney because they were trying to get her to talk and here she is writing to another inmate. Did JB have to go through the whole Orlando phone book to tell her don't communicate with anyone? KC does what KC wants that is why she is in jail. JMO

What really amazes me is the fact that she has refused to have her parents visit under the advice of her attorney because they were trying to get her to talk and here she is writing to another inmate. Did JB have to go through the whole Orlando phone book to tell her don't communicate with anyone? KC does what KC wants that is why she is in jail. JMO
But, I have wondered from the beginning if Casey and her parents are communicating letters through JB.

But, I have wondered from the beginning if Casey and her parents are communicating letters through JB.

I've wondered about that too, but I'm thinking it's been a long while since she's written them, hence the desperation from them to get Casey to look at them in the last hearing.

And I wonder if there are letters to mom and pop, if they'll be found ofthe A's are ever arrested. They aren't the brightest, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were keeping her letters somewhere in their house.

from docs released previously, her commissary account shows she purchased sketch pads on 10/22/09 & 12/17/09. 1 envelope & 1 manilla envelope on 12/17/09 and 4 pens on 11/20 & 12/31/09. Looks like she goes thru a lot of ink and paper but not many envelopes from Oct 09 thru Jan 2010. I don't think there is a link to the commissary acct @ jail as I have only seen copies from doc dumps. No stamps were purchased during this period of time.

There's no doubt in my mind that letters have been passed by JB to the Anthony family (Lee included) especially early on.

As for Casey and her letters, I can't say an exact quote but he said that JB could request that they would be sealed but he made a quick comment that skirted on saying "I don't see that happening." Something close to that. So I don't think JS has any intention on sealing these letters. Or at least I hope not.

I also don't think they will be thrown out. "Anything Casey says can and WILL be used against her in a court of law." She's her own worst enemy and I love every minute of it. I would have loved to hear the scolding she received from JB.

She certainly did not look as if she had received any scoldings from JB while she was in court. KC looked quite chipper. I believe the letters were released to JB that previous Tuesday so he had some time to go through them before court. KC did not look as if she was worried about it at all, in fact, she appeared giddy as if the whole thing were a big joke. JMO

She certainly did not look as if she had received any scoldings from JB while she was in court. KC looked quite chipper. I believe the letters were released to JB that previous Tuesday so he had some time to go through them before court. KC did not look as if she was worried about it at all, in fact, she appeared giddy as if the whole thing were a big joke. JMO

BBM

oooohhh!! :furious:
That's the part that really makes me crazy! It appears none of this is taken seriously by her - or her attorneys much of the time.

haha just like the gaurd broke the rules by clicking on the microphone to listen to jb and kc. No big deal right? The guards taking Kc to the tv to watch her daughter get discovered. No big deal right? Now this, the gaurd breaking the rules to entrap Kc. No big deal right? So, when does the judge put his foot down and stop this stuff? why have rules? what is the point? why does kc have to give her letters to jb to pass to her parents? Are any of the rules in the jail houses written into law?

I totally agree with you. She did not look worried and neither did he. So either there was nothing said in these notes, or they know they can get them sealed. IMO

ITA! What is up with the defense and Casey? Did the letters make things so bad that they had to call in big gun Mason to give her any sort of chance? Are things so bad that all they can do is laugh now? I'm sorry, but 250 pages handwritten by Casey is nothing to sneeze at or not take seriously. And as they saw in that last hearing, nothing is sure to go to their way anymore wth Judge Strickland. They can't assume that he's going to reseal those letters.

I mean, how can a lawyer jovially admit he was unethical, which is a career ending stupid thing to do? Is getting away from the taint of this case more important than getting into major trouble for ethical violations? How could that be? Or is Mason not just respresenting Casey but the defense as a whole? Or do they really think they can put all of their eggs in Mason's basket and everything will finally turn out the way the want it to? Do they feel so confident with Mason at the helm that they are just going to say whatever from now on? Or have they finally gone insane and it's now showing? They acted so much like their client in that last hearing. It just doesn't make any sense. The last person to take cues from on acting in a courtroom is Casey.

And what about Casey? Is she getting her La Bella Vita in jail and not caring about getting out where there is no one to depend on or scam anymore? Or is the defense keeping her so in the dark that she has no clue how bad things really are? Or does she know and maybe it's driving her to insanity? Whatever it is, I just want to slap the giggles out of her. It's just disgusting how she is in court.

That last court hearing made no logical sense to me. WTF is going on? They are up to something and it's driving me nuts! I just hope it's not something that will make me smack my forehead later and go, "why didn't I see that coming?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan