The Motive

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Alyssa2013

Reaction score
As you all know, most cases have a motive. Having done my research on the case and after looking over the detailed autopsy reports, I have reason to believe the motive was sexual. Also, the crime scene gives us an idea that this might have been a sexually motivated crime. All three boys were found nude, hogtied, with genitals exposed to anyone who might discover them. It is common for victims of sexual crimes to be found nude or posed in a sexually suggestive manner. I also read that two of the boys' underwear were not recovered at the scene. I don't think most people want to think of this as a sexually motivated crime, because it is disturbing to think that somebody raped and murdered three innocent boys. However, if it was a sexually motivated crime, it would make sense to kill all three boys to get rid of any DNA left behind.

I just joined Websleuths, however I have been studying this case for about four years. I have read the threads concerning this case on Websleuths. I’ve read Jivepuppi, almost all of the documents on Callahans, the puzzle of the west Memphis murders, etc. During this quarantine time, I’ve had some extra time, so I read Life After Death and Devil’s Knot. I’ve listened to the Truth and Justice podcast and watched the TH deposition, all the documentaries, including the recent Bob Ruff Forgotten episodes and his YouTube interviews with David Jacoby. Ultimately, I feel like it would be really nice to know the truth about what actually occurred in West Memphis on May 5, 1993. Three children lost their lives, and the perpetrator(s) have not paid for that crime.

After all the information I have studied, I have some thoughts about how and why this crime occurred. I feel about 90% positive that TH is the perpetrator of the crime. (I think there’s about a 10% chance, that the perpetrator is a complete stranger or more than one person). I feel that TH fits the criminal profile of the perpetrator, and all of his actions after the crime and to this present day fit the actions of a guilty man. Early on, I thought, TH committed the crime on his own. I thought he committed the crime within the privacy of his house, and the discovery site was the place he hid the boys’ bodies. Then, I considered the puzzle theory, or the 4 perpetrator theory. Ultimately, I agree with some people here on Websleuths, that TH committing a triple homicide with two people that he doesn’t know well, (BL and LGH) would be very unlikely. I also feel that the sexual nature of this theory is unlikely in a public place, The Blue Beacon Woods. Even though it’s secluded, anyone can walk through it at anytime. It’s a risky place to engage in sexual acts that don’t fit into societal norms. I do feel that TH has sexual issues and is sexual deviant, but I think he acts in that way privately. Additionally, I have always had the feeling that DJ does not fit the profile of a person that would commit a crime like this. After watching the Bob Ruff interviews online, I’m even more certain that he did not have anything to do with this crime. I am also a big proponent of Occam’s Razor, the simplest explanation is most likely correct.

So, now I believe that TH committed the crime alone and in the Blue Beacon Woods. I think he left Jacoby’s house alone to look for Stevie, and that he was gone around an hour or a little longer. Jacoby’s recent two-part interview with Bob Ruff on YouTube is very detailed about time. I think TH entered the dead end of W McAuley by the Mayfair Apts. and found the two bikes next to the pipe bridge. I think the anger began here, because Stevie did not go home like Pam told him, but was in the woods. TH was a controlling stepfather with anger and violence issues. He made his way across the pipe bridge to find Stevie. He found all three boys and began to verbally discipline them. Like, “Sit down and shut up!” Chris who took medication for hyperactivity, but had none in his system (toxicology report), probably mouthed off to TH, because he was already in trouble with his dad, had been spanked with a belt, and was “running away”. Michael, who didn’t have an abusive father, may have had the confidence to “talk back” to TH, not thinking about repercussions. Stevie may have been receiving the brunt of a verbal attack and his two friends tried to defend him by yelling at TH. I feel that any of these situations could have been the trigger for the physical violence. TH could have hit each boy with one punch or hit them with a big stick to knock them out, make them unconscious, or instantly kill them. I think after damage to the first victim, he leveled the other two very quickly. I think he believed they were dead or mortally wounded, so he immediately decided to hide the bodies, as his best bet for getting away with the crime. Then his brain started churning thoughts fueled with adrenaline... Nothing heavy around to weigh the bodies down in shallow water, so strip them, so that air bubbles in the clothing don’t cause them to surface... Make the bodies as compact as possible by tying loose arms and legs... nothing for tying, use the shoelaces... use sticks to push them under the water and secure them to the bottom... (this may have caused some of the head wounds) don’t want to be caught with the clothing, so submerge most of it... save socks and underwear to pick up bikes without leaving fingerprints on the way out... dump bikes and underwear/socks in deeper fast-moving water > bayou (muddy footprints were seen on the pipe bridge). If anyone catches you leaving woods, just say, “I’m looking for my lost kid.” Then, get back home to change clothes and to DJ’s house quickly for driving around and alibi. This whole scenario could have been done in an hour. Then, let the Satanic Panic and circus-like media storm ensue. Lay low and deny, deny, deny. But, I do think he has told people. I think members of his family know.

I just joined Websleuths, however I have been studying this case for about four years. I have read the threads concerning this case on Websleuths. I’ve read Jivepuppi, almost all of the documents on Callahans, the puzzle of the west Memphis murders, etc. During this quarantine time, I’ve had some extra time, so I read Life After Death and Devil’s Knot. I’ve listened to the Truth and Justice podcast and watched the TH deposition, all the documentaries, including the recent Bob Ruff Forgotten episodes and his YouTube interviews with David Jacoby. Ultimately, I feel like it would be really nice to know the truth about what actually occurred in West Memphis on May 5, 1993. Three children lost their lives, and the perpetrator(s) have not paid for that crime.

After all the information I have studied, I have some thoughts about how and why this crime occurred. I feel about 90% positive that TH is the perpetrator of the crime. (I think there’s about a 10% chance, that the perpetrator is a complete stranger or more than one person). I feel that TH fits the criminal profile of the perpetrator, and all of his actions after the crime and to this present day fit the actions of a guilty man. Early on, I thought, TH committed the crime on his own. I thought he committed the crime within the privacy of his house, and the discovery site was the place he hid the boys’ bodies. Then, I considered the puzzle theory, or the 4 perpetrator theory. Ultimately, I agree with some people here on Websleuths, that TH committing a triple homicide with two people that he doesn’t know well, (BL and LGH) would be very unlikely. I also feel that the sexual nature of this theory is unlikely in a public place, The Blue Beacon Woods. Even though it’s secluded, anyone can walk through it at anytime. It’s a risky place to engage in sexual acts that don’t fit into societal norms. I do feel that TH has sexual issues and is sexual deviant, but I think he acts in that way privately. Additionally, I have always had the feeling that DJ does not fit the profile of a person that would commit a crime like this. After watching the Bob Ruff interviews online, I’m even more certain that he did not have anything to do with this crime. I am also a big proponent of Occam’s Razor, the simplest explanation is most likely correct.

So, now I believe that TH committed the crime alone and in the Blue Beacon Woods. I think he left Jacoby’s house alone to look for Stevie, and that he was gone around an hour or a little longer. Jacoby’s recent two-part interview with Bob Ruff on YouTube is very detailed about time. I think TH entered the dead end of W McAuley by the Mayfair Apts. and found the two bikes next to the pipe bridge. I think the anger began here, because Stevie did not go home like Pam told him, but was in the woods. TH was a controlling stepfather with anger and violence issues. He made his way across the pipe bridge to find Stevie. He found all three boys and began to verbally discipline them. Like, “Sit down and shut up!” Chris who took medication for hyperactivity, but had none in his system (toxicology report), probably mouthed off to TH, because he was already in trouble with his dad, had been spanked with a belt, and was “running away”. Michael, who didn’t have an abusive father, may have had the confidence to “talk back” to TH, not thinking about repercussions. Stevie may have been receiving the brunt of a verbal attack and his two friends tried to defend him by yelling at TH. I feel that any of these situations could have been the trigger for the physical violence. TH could have hit each boy with one punch or hit them with a big stick to knock them out, make them unconscious, or instantly kill them. I think after damage to the first victim, he leveled the other two very quickly. I think he believed they were dead or mortally wounded, so he immediately decided to hide the bodies, as his best bet for getting away with the crime. Then his brain started churning thoughts fueled with adrenaline... Nothing heavy around to weigh the bodies down in shallow water, so strip them, so that air bubbles in the clothing don’t cause them to surface... Make the bodies as compact as possible by tying loose arms and legs... nothing for tying, use the shoelaces... use sticks to push them under the water and secure them to the bottom... (this may have caused some of the head wounds) don’t want to be caught with the clothing, so submerge most of it... save socks and underwear to pick up bikes without leaving fingerprints on the way out... dump bikes and underwear/socks in deeper fast-moving water > bayou (muddy footprints were seen on the pipe bridge). If anyone catches you leaving woods, just say, “I’m looking for my lost kid.” Then, get back home to change clothes and to DJ’s house quickly for driving around and alibi. This whole scenario could have been done in an hour. Then, let the Satanic Panic and circus-like media storm ensue. Lay low and deny, deny, deny. But, I do think he has told people. I think members of his family know.
i don't rule out hobbs being involved, but what about the unidentified DNA that was found on one of the boy's genitals?

i know that unidentified DNA does not match the WM3, but do we know if it was ever tested against hobbs? that's the big question here. if it doesn't match hobbs, it wouldn't rule out his involvement, but it would definitely rule out any theory involving hobbs as the lone killer

If I recall correctly, DNA swabs of the genitals was likely contaminated by Peretti, who handled the bodies without gloves. I think there are photos of the autopsy and he is touching the victims to show wounds, and he isn’t wearing gloves. I don’t know if that means it would be inconclusive or not.

If I recall correctly, DNA swabs of the genitals was likely contaminated by Peretti, who handled the bodies without gloves. I think there are photos of the autopsy and he is touching the victims to show wounds, and he isn’t wearing gloves. I don’t know if that means it would be inconclusive or not.
true, the way the bodies were handled was just one of the countless mistakes made by the WMPD during the investigation

but i'm talking about the unidentified DNA that was discovered around the time the WM3 were released from prison. if i remember correctly, it might've even been two different sets of unidentified DNA that was discovered and neither matched the WM3. i'm not sure if they ever tested it to see if it matched hobbs's DNA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back