The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So does that mean mutual communication, both phones were making/receiving calls or text until 6? But now we are told that Terry was mistaken? Odd

The media said the police report said that Terry said....

But Terry's own words in interviews and when quoted have reflected the 3:41 time.

LE admitted the 6:00 time was a "roundabout figure". There's been an entire debate on whether or not this might have referred to a ping time. I don't think it matters unless we discover the phone did any pinging at the Moorer's property. Otherwise, it's probably at the bottom of that river and no amount of pinging has helped recover it.

Anyway, we know there were calls to Heather's phone after 3:41 because Terry called her multiple times, as did his wife.

What this distills down to, in my view, is that Heather was incapacitated or deceased shortly after 3:41 and no other activity times afterwards have relevance aside from the fact that she wasn't responding, further pointing to the time of her kidnapping at the very least, and probably the general time of her murder.

The police report said that there were calls until 6am, not the media. The police report came from Terry. Terry's phone logs. The "media" published the police report that "someone" gave them (the media).

I'd like to know how everyone is so certain Heather even drove to PTL that night. After all, she had been asked to stay away from SM and told to stop calling. Supposedly she was scared of TM. Supposedly. We only know her phone went there.

Does anyone know what happened to the expensive SAR dogs that money was being raised for? I find that odd, among many other oddities, that so many fundraisers have produced no searches.

What has happened to all the money raised? Why isn't it being used to fund searches for Heather, since that was the point of raising it?

My biggest question would be who had control of SM's phone, now that his lawyer made the statement that he was cuffed to the bed, TM passworded his phone. He's telling his lawyer how his wife could do it alone. He was just an innocent two timing jerk and really cared about his kids? Sadly, it could be somewhat true in between the drama many have read. chills to be in their life. A glass house shatters.

jmo

It's good to aware people about donating, but hopefully, this is checked out elsewhere via facts before doubting.

jmo

Does anyone know what happened to the expensive SAR dogs that money was being raised for? I find that odd, among many other oddities, that so many fundraisers have produced no searches.

What has happened to all the money raised? Why isn't it being used to fund searches for Heather, since that was the point of raising it?

Perhaps there have been official searches, but they are completely confidential? Not one word in the media. Nothing on FB. No asking for volunteers. No pictures.

Perhaps there have been official searches, but they are completely confidential? Not one word in the media. Nothing on FB. No asking for volunteers. No pictures.

Maybe. Perhaps. But why then all the secrecy all of a sudden?

And what happened to the searches that TeamHeather was asking people to donate for? They publicly asked for donations, and all the other searches were highly publicized.

Have they done any private searches since SM and TM were arrested? Is anyone looking for Heather at this point?

All the info on searches stopped being posted from what I saw. Too many problems after the search around the M's property...It's safer for searchers to get permission & report to LE what they find rather than to tell facebook. It's just my thought on any search notices.

& jmo

I agree with Dr. Know .....IMOO LE is likely searching for Heather but very quietly.
I've no doubt LE wants her body found before trial.

The police report said that there were calls until 6am, not the media. The police report came from Terry. Terry's phone logs. The "media" published the police report that "someone" gave them (the media).

I'd like to know how everyone is so certain Heather even drove to PTL that night. After all, she had been asked to stay away from SM and told to stop calling. Supposedly she was scared of TM. Supposedly. We only know her phone went there.

Both the "media" and the police have had a number of adventures with the phone log topic. The police finally adopted this:

"The original missing persons police report from Dec. 19, 2013 said Terry Elvis showed police T-Mobile phone records indicating phone activity between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18. Lt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for Horry County police, said Tuesday afternoon that 3:41 a.m. is now the time police say when all phone data ended.

“The information [Donna Elder] gave is the information that I can give out,” Kegler said. “The original police report is just that. That’s what was known at the time. Other things have come out since then, which was said yesterday in court.”

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson agreed, saying the 6 a.m. time was a “roundabout figure.”

“That was just a really preliminary report that was sent out,” Richardson said. “We believe that by 6 a.m., Heather Elvis was already in harm’s way.”

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

The preliminary police report also said Heather was in the ER. The police have also said Heather and SM "cared" for one another. And they said she was murdered at PTL, which, to me, sounds more like a theory.

So I've always looked to what Terry Elvis himself has said in public interviews about what he saw on the log - 3:41.

I don't know that everyone is certain that Heather drove to PTL. In the beginning, I personally didn't think she did. I thought the car might have been staged as a distraction from the murder and disposal scenes. I felt something started at or around the condo shortly after she arrived home. I still think there are plausible scenarios that depart from the police theory about the Moorer's killing her at PTL in that short timeline.

But what I think would be interesting to know at this point is what's in the Moorer's phone records. And why didn't SM answer the phone on the way to PTL? Where were the Moorer phones during this murder and the disposal of the body? At what point were their phones back home and for what period of time before the phones were in another location?

Is there any ping information pointing to where Heather is? It doesn't seem so.

And did the truck head back to the Moorer house or take a turn somewhere after leaving PTL?

I agree with Dr. Know .....IMOO LE is likely searching for Heather but very quietly.
I've no doubt LE wants her body found before trial.

Let's hope you are right and they are searching. Where and how would they be searching without leads do you suppose? And why quietly now? The Moorers are jail.

As people have pointed out over the months, LE has limited time and resources. That is where the volunteer and private organizations come in and are so important to families.

Your post is in an interesting manner. From what you have here, do you believe that Heather went to PTL knowing that both TM and SM were going to be there? I don't have any kind of good reason I can think of where Heather would go to PTL knowing both TM and SM were going to be there. I am just asking if you have one, or am I just interpreting it a different way than intended?

It is my opinion that Heather was supposed to meet SM at PTL at 3:30. When she arrived, she either saw TM only, or more likely no one was there, so she frantically called SM's phone at 3:38, but I'm open to other possibilities.

And another random thought, if no one else mentioned it:
The original missing persons police report from Dec. 19, 2013 said Terry Elvis showed police T-Mobile phone records indicating phone activity between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18.
Lt Kegler is now saying (per the bond hearing) all phone data ended for Heather Elvis’ cell phone at 3:41 a.m.

But that doesn't mean that SM's phone wasn't trying to contact Heather's phone (and failing if it had been accidentally destroyed, fallen into the water, etc) if the Ms got somewhere with Heather (alive or deceased) and/or her purse, and her phone was not readily apparent. And I suspect that because you cannot tell me that there was no one who tried to call, text, anything to Heather's number after 3:41 am on Dec 18, including the following days. My daughter isn't a prolific texter or Social Media maven, but her phone is always going off about something (incoming email, text, phone call, notification about something, etc).

All very good points!! I should have been more clear as my post is a bit confusing. I meant that the M's wanted Heather to call when she got to the landing but that Heather thought that she was meeting only SM. The 6am communications drive me crazy but your theory is good. I haven't decided how I think it went down for sure but your post is very possible. You've given me more to think about.

Both the "media" and the police have had a number of adventures with the phone log topic. The police finally adopted this:
BBM

Yes they certainly have, which makes none of it believable to me. They were way too slippery with this phone business. I don't buy that "roundabout figure" nonsense for a second. LE specifically said "back and forth communications between SM and Heather until 6am," almost up until the time of the arrests!! Suddenly, they changed a major piece of evidence they were claiming they had. Nuh, uh.

"The original missing persons police report from Dec. 19, 2013 said Terry Elvis showed police T-Mobile phone records indicating phone activity between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18. Lt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for Horry County police, said Tuesday afternoon that 3:41 a.m. is now the time police say when all phone data ended.

“The information [Donna Elder] gave is the information that I can give out,” Kegler said. “The original police report is just that. That’s what was known at the time. Other things have come out since then, which was said yesterday in court.”

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson agreed, saying the 6 a.m. time was a “roundabout figure.”

“That was just a really preliminary report that was sent out,” Richardson said. “We believe that by 6 a.m., Heather Elvis was already in harm’s way.”

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

The preliminary police report also said Heather was in the ER. The police have also said Heather and SM "cared" for one another. And they said she was murdered at PTL, which, to me, sounds more like a theory.

So I've always looked to what Terry Elvis himself has said in public interviews about what he saw on the log - 3:41.

I don't know that everyone is certain that Heather drove to PTL. In the beginning, I personally didn't think she did. I thought the car might have been staged as a distraction from the murder and disposal scenes. I felt something started at or around the condo shortly after she arrived home. I still think there are plausible scenarios that depart from the police theory about the Moorer's killing her at PTL in that short timeline.

But what I think would be interesting to know at this point is what's in the Moorer's phone records. And why didn't SM answer the phone on the way to PTL? Where were the Moorer phones during this murder and the disposal of the body? At what point were their phones back home and for what period of time before the phones were in another location?

I'd like to see the all cell records of the Moorers for that time period and those of many others we cannot name.

Is there any ping information pointing to where Heather is? It doesn't seem so.

My understanding is that LE claims her phone pinged at PTL so, therefore, she was there. I find that very presumptuous considering...the only apparent evidence is a phone.

And did the truck head back to the Moorer house or take a turn somewhere after leaving PTL?

I have wondered that too. The cops said a lot about the alleged truck trip to PTL. Why not say where that truck went? Weren't there numerous cameras not only on the Moorers' property, but directly across the street at the electrical station?

The phone records are all that matter, as far as timing. No matter what was said initially, the records are the only thing that will be shown in court and used for any timeline. Jmo

Jmo, but LE produced only enough evidence to make sure the Ms did not make bond.

As far as police reports go, from personal experience, they are not always 100%. The reports are "initial" reports and that's it. Sometimes statements given are given in haste. That's all. The phone record will speak for itself. No big deal.

The only thing I can think of regarding the last call being 3:41 or "back and forth" til 6 am is that originally, LE thought that Heather and SM were communicating til six, but later found evidence that after 3:41 it was not Heather, but rather SM and TM communicating via Heathers phone. Maybe the police know where the phone was when it actually went dead at 6 am but know the last time Heather used it was 3:41. Maybe it went dead at or near Moorers.

All the info on searches stopped being posted from what I saw. Too many problems after the search around the M's property...It's safer for searchers to get permission & report to LE what they find rather than to tell facebook. It's just my thought on any search notices.

& jmo

Just to be clear, I am talking about searches using the fundraising money. This idea that nothing about these searches (before or after) can be posted is setting off my BS meter. The more likely explanation is that we aren't hearing about them because they aren't happening. Even if it is somehow dangerous for searches to take place (despite thousands of cases where that was not true and the person who caused problems is dead), they could tell us what happened afterwards. I also have no idea how they would get volunteers, and still manage to keep the location confidential. And in our world today, the idea that not one person is going to say a word about the searches on social media seems extremely far-fetched.

The only thing I can think of regarding the last call being 3:41 or "back and forth" til 6 am is that originally, LE thought that Heather and SM were communicating til six, but later found evidence that after 3:41 it was not Heather, but rather SM and TM communicating via Heathers phone. Maybe the police know where the phone was when it actually went dead at 6 am but know the last time Heather used it was 3:41. Maybe it went dead at or near Moorers.

I've been trying to make sense of the Ms IE arrests and sending the photos to Heather.

Since the photos seem to have been made around the time Heather went missing, it has occurred to me that all the back seat activity might have been a desperate attempt to add a lot of DNA to the back seat once the Ms realized Heather's DNA would be there and should not be.

I wonder if they thought her DNA might get lost amongst enough other samples.

And if, perhaps, the photos were sent to Heather's phone, but not for her benefit, but to attempt to dupe LE.

As in, they would not be sending something to a girl they knew would never see it.

"See, at 6 a.m., we thought she was OK," those photos would seem to say.

just pondering.

Yeah, I can definitely see this case being one where evidence goes *poof* and we hear about it 20 years later during the CNN special. It has happened before, so I don't see why it couldn't happen here. I bet there was a lot of pressure regarding tourism system starting up, making sure no one got hurt, etc.

I am not sure, maybe Okiegranny or Jersey Girl might remember I can't seem to locate. I seems to me that in an old post- it was stated that it was NOT HRE at the emergency room, but another woman with the same name? TE has stated "3:41" AM is the number that the clock stopped for him. TE is the first one to give that time, I tend to believe his statement-because he is not ALWAYS as guarded with info as LE. If HE phone WAS immediately disabled at the end of the last call, I assume a) it was shot when she was shot and destroyed. OR b) It suggests the first thing that was done, was to disable the phone-which says to me-premeditation. BC without premeditation- who in the heat, gets the phone first? I am just asking?

Additionally when I personally redial a phone # back to back, rapid fire- I am either annoyed or anxious. Like- PICK UP THE PHONE, PICK UP THE PHONE. Whatever it was that SM had to say, HE called him back six times? After his initial pay phone call? And went to meet him in the dark at PTL? IDK what it was, but HE wanted to hear it. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back