The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His lawyer also said this is not what it looks like.
LE said they know exactly who killed Heather.

We know that TM is very anal a planner down to every menu item for a trip 8 months away. I suspect she obsessed over a scenario where she could lure Heather out and ambush her. All the while, using SM's phone, his SM and even him for some aspects...thus if anything went wrong everyone could say that SM did something.

IMO, he has already talked and told the truth. I believe or am leaning toward a theory where the men threatening and shooting at him did so at TM's bequest. I suspect they are the same two men that threatened TE.
I'm also thinking that SM probably doesn't know where Heather was left.

I think I understand what you're saying ... TM actually did everything (or most everything) and left it to look like SM was involved. He's actually told his lawyer the truth, he wasn't involved (maybe that he's even afraid) ... is that what you're saying?

That's really a pretty interesting scenario. He would actually then be helping LE and with separate lawyers, TM wouldn't know anything about it. And the public can't be told either because TM would find out that way too.

Phone call refresher:

Here is the timeline that the prosecution presented of Dec. 18:

1:35 am.. phone call from pay phone by Sidney to Heather.. call is 4:53 minutes

1:44 Heather calls (person unidentified) who is in Florida at the time. And says Sidney just called and is leaving Tammy. Heather appears upset because she had been trying to get her life back on track after the affair and the harassment by Tammy. Heather is still at her home when she makes this call. The call lasts 2:20 minutes.

2:29 Heather attempts to call the number Sidney called from which is a pay phone. Several times it does not appear anyone answered.

3:16 am Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone with no response.

3:17 am .. Heather calls Sidney's phone and has a 4:15 minutes conversation with Sidney. Heather is at her home at this point. Sidney is at his home which is approx. 3 miles from the boat landing. After this conversation, Heather gets into her car and drives directly to Peachtree Boat Landing. Sidney also denies this conversation until police confront him with Heather's phone record and then he says he did talk to her but it was just to tell her to quit calling and leave them alone.

rsbm
bbm; what I bolded. she went somewhere in between those...maybe.I need more info!

My theory on LE saying that phone data ended at 3:41 and HE's father saying he saw activity up until 6:00 am is that since no phone was not found at PTL, it went with HE in the truck. Most likely turned off to prohibit GPS pinging. But do you really think that when they were done cleaning up whatever they had done, TM could have that phone in her possession and not turn it on to see what photo's, texts, etc were on it?

That's a really good point.

If the phone was on it would have been pinging, although I have never been able to determine from reading, and calling several phone companies, how often a phone pings to communicate with a tower.

Do you think that TM, after looking through the phone, then sent texts? Her location could basically be determined by the pings.

If the solicitor's theory is the correct one, they were gone from PTL too quickly for anyone to have looked through that phone in any kind of thorough way, so it had to be somewhere else.

My understanding is that phones with GPS can have the GPS turned off, but pinging to towers continues while the phone is on. Is there GPS pinging too? I don't have one of those phones.

I trust that LE knows what they're doing but the timeline is just so confusing to so many people that it worries me that a jury might think so too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This truly worries me too. I can see a juror scratching their head and throwing up their hands.

If the phones call times are confirmed how will the state explain the calls and the camera at ptl?

That's a really good point.

If the phone was on it would have been pinging, although I have never been able to determine from reading, and calling several phone companies, how often a phone pings to communicate with a tower.

Do you think that TM, after looking through the phone, then sent texts? Her location could basically be determined by the pings.

If the solicitor's theory is the correct one, they were gone from PTL too quickly for anyone to have looked through that phone in any kind of thorough way, so it had to be somewhere else.

My understanding is that phones with GPS can have the GPS turned off, but pinging to towers continues while the phone is one. Is there GPS pinging too? I don't have one of those phones.

I do- phone will ping independent of GPS pinging. Her phone is most likely google based droid, CDMA. CDMA tends to do better in coastal and rural areas- and I have not seen any posts by her complaining of dropped calls, etc.

They state data & GPS stopped.

Internet browsing, music streaming and GPS functionality all rely on data access.

Interactive: How police scoop up cellphone data

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...eractive-cellphone-tracking-stingray/3903015/

Terry Elvis got it right from Day 1. The phone records do not lie. He went online and looked at the activity log and reported it to police.

If the 6 a.m. time is truly a "roundabout" communications time, then there should be calls on the log closer to that time.

We've also heard that the 6 a.m. time was a last ping time, then we heard that the police did not want to discuss pings. My feeling is that if you don't want pings entering the picture, don't add a last known ping to the mix, and then call it part of the "back and forth" communications between the victim and suspect.

So Terry Elvis saw what he saw, there was nothing complicated about it, and if I go on my carrier website right now, I can see the text I just sent two minutes ago acknowledging my friend's text that she's running late. Should I disappear between now and the time she arrives, and my phone is destroyed, or my Mac is nuked, it will be clear enough to anyone checking my logs as to when I stopped communicating.

In that event, please tell the public my time stamp on this post is the right time, should there be other claims. :)

I agree, and it seems that he did get it right. What I don't understand is after he said 3:41am, the police insisted on "back and forth communications until 6am." Were they simply wrong at the PC, or did they have a reason to put out something misleading?

Also, if Heather's last call was at 3:17am, what is the significance of 3:41am? We have her last call, so was 3:41am the last ping?

That would make sense with the scenario the solicitor has mapped out, but how does that explain what the police said (contradicting Terry at the time, making it more confusing) and how would Terry have known about pings from his bill?

Doesn't that kind of information have to be subpoenaed?

But if you're SM, in jail, looking at a kidnapping and murder charge wouldn't you say something to your lawyer? His lawyer has said (paraphrasing, I can find a link if need be) that SM doesn't know anything about HE kidnapping or murder.

ETA: Adding a link.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-couple-suspected-womans-disappearance/story?id=22644848

"“Sidney has no connection to, nor knowledge of, any facts surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis,” Truslow said in a statement. “I firmly believe Sidney will be completely exonerated.”

Not saying that your scenario couldn't have happened, only that if it did happen that way it seems SM would be saying that instead of the above.

That is exactly what a defense attorney is suppose to say.

I agree, and it seems that he did get it right. What I don't understand is after he said 3:41am, the police insisted on "back and forth communications until 6am." Were they simply wrong at the PC, or did they have a reason to put out something misleading?

Also, if Heather's last call was at 3:17am, what is the significance of 3:41am? We have her last call, so was 3:41am the last ping?

RSBM:
Last voice call: 3:17
Data ended 3:41

SMS/MMS text is cell based, not data based
cell ping to towers is not data based
-------------

Text messaging, or texting, is the act of composing and sending a brief, electronic message between two or more mobile phones, or fixed or portable devices over a phone network. The term originally referred to messages sent using the Short Message Service (SMS). It has grown to include messages containing image, video, and sound content (known as MMS messages).

Text messaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wasn't there a FB post by TM where she listed the time of all the calls Heather made, and said that SM only answered the second 3:17 call? I remember thinking it was so strange that she knew the exact time of all the calls and knew he answered the *second* 3:17 call.

When I read her post, I didn't think it was strange, because so much as been in the press about Heather's and SM's calls, including information released in the redacted/ un-redacted police report on Jan. 14.

Whether true or not, I believe she was attempting to set the record straight and would have had access to his phone records, unless they had separate accounts, which it seems they did not.

Having no idea what phone company they had, I can only speculate, but my phone company, when I recently called to check on my usage, told me that calls that go into my voice mail are charged as one minute calls. I don't think this has always been true, but it is with my phone company now, and it's an old and non-data phone and not a pay-as-you-go.

And of course, she could have been with him and the phone, and seen the calls coming in, or she could have seen the call log.

I've followed Haleigh Cummings case since she disappeared Feb. 9th, 2009, reported missing Feb. 10th, 2009. She's never been found.

To this day, I wonder what the true timeline is. One LE, a Lt. Greenwood, stated a completely different time, a grandmother instead of a great grandmother etc...I guess it's only facts the guilty would know. There's other cases where people are banging their heads over timelines too. That's all I can think of in reference to the 6 a.m. other than they've come out and basically called it a general time knowing Heather disappeared by.

Just an example.

~Respectfully Snipped

Actually, iirc LE has always said last known activity of Heather was the 3:41 call and with continued activity between Heather's phone and SM's phone until about 6:00 a.m.

It's always been one of the big questions. TE uses the last call time as 3:17 a.m. I believe. So there have been numerous questions about what her phone was doing between 3:17 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

Just point that out because it has been an important topic of discussion since the case started.

Salem

Yes it has, and one that interests me because it will have to be eventually pinned down.

This is for reference about what was said just about the "communications" during the PC with Chief Rhodes, during which she also talked about the large, multi-agency task force:

"Investigators also confirmed earlier reports of cell phone communications between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records state she had a relationship history.

"Those communications occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

His lawyer also said this is not what it looks like.
LE said they know exactly who killed Heather.

We know that TM is very anal a planner down to every menu item for a trip 8 months away. I suspect she obsessed over a scenario where she could lure Heather out and ambush her. All the while, using SM's phone, his SM and even him for some aspects...thus if anything went wrong everyone could say that SM did something.

IMO, he has already talked and told the truth. I believe or am leaning toward a theory where the men threatening and shooting at him did so at TM's bequest. I suspect they are the same two men that threatened TE.
I'm also thinking that SM probably doesn't know where Heather was left.
BBM I totally agree with the fact he already confessed. I think he did so on that hospital visit the day before the arrest. I'll bet (JMO) he feared for his and his children's lives. I think TM was spiraling out of control. JMO

BBM I totally agree with the fact he already confessed. I think he did so on that hospital visit the day before the arrest. I'll bet (JMO) he feared for his and his children's lives. I think TM was spiraling out of control. JMO

I'd like to believe this...but then why would his attorney say this:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-cou...ry?id=22644848

"“Sidney has no connection to, nor knowledge of, any facts surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis,” Truslow said in a statement. “I firmly believe Sidney will be completely exonerated.”

SM , if he confessed to knowing that it was TM who killed HE....certainly has "knowledge of the facts surrounding the disappearance." I know defense attys use weasel words...but I cannot parse these in any way but stonewalling.

This. I believe they were trying to draw them out on social media. Hoping that by deliberately putting out misinformation, some very controlling person would try to correct it.

Also, I've been wondering about the evidence found at PTL that leads LE to believe she died there. We know it wasn't something immediately obvious because there was no crime scene when the car was found. This is really macabre, but what if it's a tooth? Something really small that proves beyond a reasonable doubt she was murdered. (Note reasonable doubt, not beyond a shadow of a doubt.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh, I did it again. Have no idea how to move this over to the Evidence thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RSBM:
Last voice call: 3:17
Data ended 3:41

SMS/MMS text is cell based, not data based
cell ping to towers is not data based
-------------

Text messaging, or texting, is the act of composing and sending a brief, electronic message between two or more mobile phones, or fixed or portable devices over a phone network. The term originally referred to messages sent using the Short Message Service (SMS). It has grown to include messages containing image, video, and sound content (known as MMS messages).

Text messaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some MMS is data based because I had a looog discussion for being charged for data everytime I sent/received a picture. I'm not sure if it was my provider or my phone. Back in the razor flip days. Also if I'm one day late on my bill they'll do a soft disconnect of just my data and I can't send/receive pictures but texts are fine.

I'd like to believe this...but then why would his attorney say this:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-cou...ry?id=22644848

SM , if he confessed to knowing that it was TM who killed HE....certainly has "knowledge of the facts surrounding the disappearance." I know defense attys use weasel words...but I cannot parse these in any way but stonewalling.

If they both or one turns on the other the attorneys will become enemies. I think they are trying to b.s. each other like everything is ok. This could even be a planned statement in agreement with LE in order to make the other person think they haven't flipped. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back