the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth says jurors 5 and 13 have submitted questions this morning during Juan's questioning.

:bud:
GET ON WITH THE TRIAL! JURORS NEED TO RETURN TO WORK TO MAKE THEIR HOUSE/RENT/CAR PAYMENTS!

Hear, hear. It's amazing how many lives a single murderer can disrupt (as well as destroy).

YES! And I imagine they would like to return to their families, friends, normal conversations and activities. They will never be the same after this trial but my goodness, what they are being put through is above and beyond what is asked for and expected of any American juror.
I so agree.. After Casey Anthony trial, I hoped more people would stop working so hard to get OUT of jury duty. Understandably for many its not possible, but it seems a majority of folks ages 20 & 50 act like they're being asked to enlist for 4 years, but have never benefitted from any blessings Americans enjoy. It's an inconvenience and a hardship for everyone, but our system requires good people with common sense to serve as jurors if it's going to work.
*But* for those who DO serve, courts must respect their sacrifice of time and income and GET ON WITH IT! This unethical wasting of time just to keep her from an inevitable "guilty" verdict is making the entire process a laughingstock. THAT borders on criminal in my opinion!! Is nothing sacred anymore? Sheesh..

But it's not working. She's pathological and robotic. Her emotions are flat-lined If this is Juans' objective then it'll be like watching someone put out a forest fire with an eye dropper!

All he does is trip himself up, lose momentum and prolong the case.

If he's got an "I gotcha" moment then he needs to present it and stop allowing Jodi to take 8 minutes to answer one yes or no question.

Well, he did get her to say she had the knife with her, so I think he is getting her to admit things and add more like TA maybe had the knife. She just keeps lying.

Jodi Arias is finally "Lost".....like a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean at the onset of the "Perfect Storm". Really tripped up by our man Juan! Yea!!

The Judge looked like she had a sunburn on her forehead. Was she wearing her baseball cap backwards out in the sun over the five days of break?

It's not every day we get to see a new Pope named during the lunch recess. I appreciated being able to experience the moment.

Now, back to Jodi and the knife...

what time does court resume? Between HLN "pressing pause" to "pay their bills" every 3 seconds and the new Pope, I've barely seen any trial and don't have much of a clue what's going on? Were there any bombshells?

Oh, and because it's my favorite Jodi-ism, "smile and say cheese" Jodi :)

Jodi's butt must be sore....Juan sure kicked it this morning!:)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
She is getting flustered. She is smart enough to know that even her calculated story isn't plausible and won't hold up with this jury.

BBM

Which one? :waitasec:

i got distracted by the pope,Francesco such a beautiful choice.

anyway i am SO fed up of all these breaks,theyve had FIVE days to sort all this sh#t out :banghead:

I have to agree with you and all of the others who have expressed this sentiment. It won't be grounds for appeal, but it's got to be exasperating for the jurors. Here's how it goes in courts where you have a good judge: all motions are done early in the morning (at 7 am if necessary) or after court. A good judge makes consistent rulings on the questions. A good judge does not allow all of these sidebars, because he/she is paying attention and can rule on the objection based on prior testimony. Good Lord this is reedonkulous!

Does anyone know if more juror questions will be allowed when Juan is finished with his questioning?

More have been submitted, so I'm assuming so. It would have to stop eventually, though, I would think.

The tone of her voice when JM questioned her about turning her back on the threat. Never seen anyone so snarky after admitting to such a horrific killing. It is crystal clear to me that not only does she not have ANY (imagine JM's fiery tone here) remorse but I think her belief that 'killing Travis was a good thing' is getting stronger and stronger. This behaviour will convince even the few jurors who are leaning towards life to convict her to death.

I didn't want to jinx it and say previously that I felt this courtroom was a little strange with the breaks/dark days/etc. But...this is ridiculous. It's Wednesday for cripes sake. They've had since Thursday afternoon to sort through messes.

So, 1.5-2 hours today, likely 1.5-2 hours tomorrow.
I want as few possible appeals for her.

I think if the judge says "Let's get on with it, answer the questions, reign in the excessive delays, sidebars, etc. Stop with the nonsense" it could be back on track.

She seemed pizzed off today, maybe she will finally say something.

Without any further delays, court should resume in about 30 minutes.

Friendly reminder: This is the Arias trial thread. The new Pope thread is in "Up to the Minute".

Well, he did get her to say she had the knife with her, so I think he is getting her to admit things and add more like TA maybe had the knife. She just keeps lying.

I thought that was an answer to one of his "possible" questions

But it's not working. She's pathological and robotic. Her emotions are flat-lined If this is Juans' objective then it'll be like watching someone put out a forest fire with an eye dropper!

All he does is trip himself up, lose momentum and prolong the case.

If he's got an "I gotcha" moment then he needs to present it and stop allowing Jodi to take 8 minutes to answer one yes or no question.

He's pinning her down to a definitive answer when she wants to be evasive only to come back later with her attorney to change it in her favor to whatever JM reveals. JM knows what he is doing. He's nailing her down to an answer she can't change. JM knew the minute he brought up the "where was the knife" that defense would have her come back with she believed Travis had it. JM was able to nail that down to no, Travis did not have a knife when he came at her. He's painting a picture for the jury that she did not have time to do everything she claimed to have done, such as run into the closet to get the gun. There were 62 seconds almost thirty stab wounds, a gun shot wound and his neck was slashed. That, in itself takes time so it appears as if running into the closet is a lie. If JM does not cover all the bases and fill in all that time for the jury, Jodi will with lies. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member