THE quote

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I second the poster who said Patsy's quote on Larry King:

"...there were TWO people involved..." (or something to that effect)

I was a kid when this case happened, and I remember watching this interview *as* it happened. This quote stuck out as soooooooooo weird. Given the ransom note, it seemed like the Ramseys would suspect a "small foreign faction," which sounds like a small group of people. Why was Patsy so certain it was just two people and not 3+ individuals?

At the same time, in the Ramseys' minds at the time, why couldn't it have been one person -- some wacko loner pedo off the street, who wrote the ransom note to confuse?

Patsy's conviction that it was two people, and not 1 or 3+, was just off-the-charts in terms of hinkiness to me!

I second the poster who said Patsy's quote on Larry King:

"...there were TWO people involved..." (or something to that effect)

I was a kid when this case happened, and I remember watching this interview *as* it happened. This quote stuck out as soooooooooo weird. Given the ransom note, it seemed like the Ramseys would suspect a "small foreign faction," which sounds like a small group of people. Why was Patsy so certain it was just two people and not 3+ individuals?

At the same time, in the Ramseys' minds at the time, why couldn't it have been one person -- some wacko loner pedo off the street, who wrote the ransom note to confuse?

Patsy's conviction that it was two people, and not 1 or 3+, was just off-the-charts in terms of hinkiness to me!

I agree.
From an IDI point of view, if the biggest clue in the case is the RN (as it would be if it's written by the killer) then why dismiss the contents of the letter? One of the more convincing arguements from IDI theorists is that the person wrote the letter while alone in the house that evening before the murder after breaking in (that is how they wrote such a long letter in the house without fear of being caught) but if that is genuinely the case why has the note never been taken even slightly seriously?
I'm honestly interested to hear if any IDI theorists believe that two people took part in this crime, and what your thought behind that is.

Glad you like it. It holds a wealth of information. It is easy to get "lost" in there. I've been here YEARS and I never get tired of the case. We are coming up on the 15th anniversary of the crime, and I feel we are no closer to resolution. Not because the answers are not there, but because no one in the Boulder DA's office wants to hear them.

Well said, DD. And unmistakable in its meaning.

Eww do you mind SD I'm eating!

My apologies, FairM (not that I could have KNOWN that...). But I thought it was important to mention. It's not a big wonder why JR wouldn't let her speak on her own.

i think JR did it im not so sure yet where patsy fits in

I think I and others have asked that before, but why is there not a digital copy of the interview with them and Steve Thomas on the internet?

Plenty of good quotes from that!

Another quote (and I'm paraphrasing) "JonBenet was only a little bit molested"

"Hold your babies close" Patsy Ramsey

Yet they couldn't get Burke out of the house fast enough that morning. If either thought for one second that it was an outsider, with intimate knowledge of their home & routines they wouldn't have allowed that boy out of their sight...

While this isn't exactly "THE quote" I would pick that made me go "Whaaa???" in the Ramsey case, it is a quote that I seriously question.

From DOI, page 53:

"At the time she was murdered, JonBenet hadn't lost any of her baby teeth, but one of her front teeth was loose, and she was looking forward to using her tooth fairy pillow."

This appears to be a lie, based on this picture of JonBenet seen below, which is obviously from one of her pageants - I'm using it as my avatar because I find it so at odds with what the Rs want us to believe.

Is it just me, or is she missing a front tooth on the bottom row? Why are the Rs trying to tell us that she'd never lost a tooth and hadn't been able to use her tooth fairy pillow for a visit from the Tooth Fairy...when this photo clearly shows she has lost a lower front tooth...?

In fact, I've always wondered if she isn't smiling as big as she is in that pic because she's excited about having lost a tooth, maybe she might have even wanted it to be seen, because kids do things like that. This pageant, America's Royal Miss (according to JonBenet's sash), held in Denver on the Fourth of July weekend in 1996 (according to PMPT, page 95), was a national pageant (according to DOI, page 61.) Being a pageant pic, I'm kinda surprised that Patsy didn't get JonBenet a flipper, or at least have told her to smile in such a way as to hide a facial 'imperfection' like a missing tooth.

Patsy must have forgotten about this photo when she lied about JonBenet never having lost a tooth or never having had a chance to use her tooth fairy pillow...but why lie about it?

And if the Rs will lie about something as inconsequential as whether JonBenet had ever lost a tooth or not, what else will they lie about?

Attachments

• jonnieb missing tooth.jpg
    jonnieb missing tooth.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 267
I know it looks like she is missing a bottom tooth, but I doubt that is the case. Patsy would never have let her compete that way, and they make fake replacement teeth (called Flippers) for kids who lose their baby teeth. They are frequently used by pageant contestants.
Also, when kids lose their first baby teeth, it is usually their top front teeth, though that isn't absolute.
I am thinking the black mark in the photo is something else.

I know it looks like she is missing a bottom tooth, but I doubt that is the case. Patsy would never have let her compete that way, and they make fake replacement teeth (called Flippers) for kids who lose their baby teeth. They are frequently used by pageant contestants.
Also, when kids lose their first baby teeth, it is usually their top front teeth, though that isn't absolute.
I am thinking the black mark in the photo is something else.

Were Flippers as common in pageants back when JBR was competing? I know we see them all the time on Toddlers & Tiaras and Little Miss Perfect, but those take place today, not 15 yrs. ago. And, even on those shows, there are some little girls who refuse to wear them. I can imagine JBR being that way.
Also, the first baby tooth I lost was a bottom one :)

While this isn't exactly "THE quote" I would pick that made me go "Whaaa???" in the Ramsey case, it is a quote that I seriously question.

From DOI, page 53:

"At the time she was murdered, JonBenet hadn't lost any of her baby teeth, but one of her front teeth was loose, and she was looking forward to using her tooth fairy pillow."

This appears to be a lie, based on this picture of JonBenet seen below, which is obviously from one of her pageants - I'm using it as my avatar because I find it so at odds with what the Rs want us to believe.

Is it just me, or is she missing a front tooth on the bottom row? Why are the Rs trying to tell us that she'd never lost a tooth and hadn't been able to use her tooth fairy pillow for a visit from the Tooth Fairy...when this photo clearly shows she has lost a lower front tooth...?

In fact, I've always wondered if she isn't smiling as big as she is in that pic because she's excited about having lost a tooth, maybe she might have even wanted it to be seen, because kids do things like that. This pageant, America's Royal Miss (according to JonBenet's sash), held in Denver on the Fourth of July weekend in 1996 (according to PMPT, page 95), was a national pageant (according to DOI, page 61.) Being a pageant pic, I'm kinda surprised that Patsy didn't get JonBenet a flipper, or at least have told her to smile in such a way as to hide a facial 'imperfection' like a missing tooth.

Patsy must have forgotten about this photo when she lied about JonBenet never having lost a tooth or never having had a chance to use her tooth fairy pillow...but why lie about it?

And if the Rs will lie about something as inconsequential as whether JonBenet had ever lost a tooth or not, what else will they lie about?

Nuisanceposter,
It does indeed look like a missing tooth. Also her eyes look as if they are dark and have bags beneath them along with her dark eyebrows contrasting with her patently fake blonde hair. They must have changed the hair dye at some point?

“The truth is the truth, and it doesn't change.” Patsy..... Apparently she didnt compare what she said in LE interviews with what she said in DOI. If she had, she would see that her truth does change...

Were Flippers as common in pageants back when JBR was competing? I know we see them all the time on Toddlers & Tiaras and Little Miss Perfect, but those take place today, not 15 yrs. ago. And, even on those shows, there are some little girls who refuse to wear them. I can imagine JBR being that way.
Also, the first baby tooth I lost was a bottom one :)

It wasn't that long ago. I think fake replacement teeth were available then, even if it wasn't a "flipper". Also, any dentist could pop in a temporary tooth on an emergency basis. I just think Patsy wouldn't have let her compete that way, but it's possible.

Nuisanceposter,
It does indeed look like a missing tooth. Also her eyes look as if they are dark and have bags beneath them along with her dark eyebrows contrasting with her patently fake blonde hair. They must have changed the hair dye at some point?

JB's hair was highlighted, which is different from dyed. This can be seen in the autopsy photo as well- a mix of colors (dark and light) is common with highlights. The long curls in the photo were a hairpiece. Although JB had long hair, it was not as thick as it is when she is competing. These hairpieces are also very common in pageants. JB's looks like a hairpiece known as a "Fall". Your own hair is visible at the front, usually with bangs like JB, and the long hairpiece "falls" down to the shoulders or below. It is pretty easy to attach.
When you have repeated coloring on long hair, it is pretty common to have some of the hair that had been previously colored come out of the process lighter than it had been before, even with the same dye. My daughter has her waist-length hair highlighted, and the hair at the ends is often a bit blonder than the freshly colored hair near the roots. This happens because it is impossible to do ONLY the roots when you are highlighting, so some of the colored hair will be processed again, along with the virgin (never colored) hair.

"There were two people involved." Patsy Ramsey to Larry King

If I am not mistaken, there is a little more to this quote: something like, the person who did it and the person they confided in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back