The Ramseys are Cleared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perfect comparison.

Take off the Ramsey hatred blinders RRat!

Pinapple and some handwriting similarities don't trump DNA.

The Ramseys have been cleared by DNA. OJ was cleared by a jury that disregarded DNA.

JMO, but I've seen far more LE bias against rather than for the Ramseys, up until it finally became clear there simply was no case. They've been trying for years to get anything on them. There was nothing to get.
I think a read of Steve Thomas' book is in order.....blows that theory right out of the water.

You all are arguing about things outside of the evidence, stick to what we have here. Who cares what Lin Wood has to say or how close Patsy's handwriting matches the letter. I agree. Let's rebute the new evidence. HOW DID IT GET THERE??? ANY THOUGHTS? Oh....no more Asian factory worker theories, not possible now that this is on her long johns as well as her panties unless they were manufactered at the same time in the same plant by the same worker. Think folks!!! Was this someone the Ramsey's knew?

It could be anyone and could have come from anywhere.

From one I understand.....there is a miniscule amount of DNA, and it could easily be from someone who was under the radar - as in, someone at one of the Christmas parties the Ramsey's attended.......or some transfer from a friend of Burke's he had been rough-housing with. The housekeeping in the Ramsey home sounds like it was spotty and chaotic..........those panties and tights could have gotten contaminated in the laundry hamper, and she may have even worn them on another day and then again without having them washed.

Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that an intruder went into a locked house....was on all three floors in many different rooms......was in the bathroom with Jonbenet, washed her, changed her clothes, wrote on her hand, changed her hairdo..............and then left without leaving one hair, one fingerprint, one fiber?

Something very strange is going on: if the Ramsey's are definitely "cleared".....why in the heck would the case be declared "closed"?

Since when did LE start closing cases when they don't even have a clue who the perpetrator is?

You all are arguing about things outside of the evidence, stick to what we have here. Who cares what Lin Wood has to say or how close Patsy's handwriting matches the letter. I agree. Let's rebute the new evidence. HOW DID IT GET THERE??? ANY THOUGHTS? Oh....no more Asian factory worker theories, not possible now that this is on her long johns as well as her panties unless they were manufactered at the same time in the same plant by the same worker. Think folks!!! Was this someone the Ramsey's knew?

Are we to believe the chain of evidence OR the handling of all the evidence in this case was pristine?

How was it collected? Delivered? Stored? Handled over the years & by whom?

Was EVERY single possible person who ever came in contact with that house or the evidence tested to rule out contamination?

You know how.

Someone other than the Ramseys lowered Jon Benet's leggings. In doing so, they left their DNA in several places on the leggings. We can therefore reason that the murderer was not wearing latex gloves.

Jubie,
Yes, but the problem is the blood evidence. I may be wrong here and correct me if I am, but If I recall correctly the DNA in her panties was confirmed as BLOOD DNA. So that would mean it could not have gotten there by secondary transfer from gloves.

Ned,
I thought it mixed with JonBenet's Blood but the DNA itself could have come from a sneeze. So the outside of a pair of gloves could easily have been sneezed on as well as handled.

Jubie

From one I understand.....there is a miniscule amount of DNA, and it could easily be from someone who was under the radar - as in, someone at one of the Christmas parties the Ramsey's attended.......or some transfer from a friend of Burke's he had been rough-housing with. The housekeeping in the Ramsey home sounds like it was spotty and chaotic..........those panties and tights could have gotten contaminated in the laundry hamper, and she may have even worn them on another day and then again without having them washed.

Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that an intruder went into a locked house....was on all three floors in many different rooms......was in the bathroom with Jonbenet, washed her, changed her clothes, wrote on her hand, changed her hairdo..............and then left without leaving one hair, one fingerprint, one fiber?

Something very strange is going on: if the Ramsey's are definitely "cleared".....why in the heck would the case be declared "closed"?

Since when did LE start closing cases when they don't even have a clue who the perpetrator is?

Have the closed the case completely or just the case against the Ramseys???? (I'm too lazy to check. lol)

LI Mom, excellent point, we will just have to wait and see what they find. Hard to believe they can't pull it off of multiple items found in the house that the killer would have had to touch. If he was wearing gloves but then removed them to sexually assult JB that would explain why there were not found elsewhere.

Meyahna: Well if it's not her, I still don't get why the Boulder police have never found the murderer then. This DNA won't lead them anywhere if it's truly an intruder who did so, I think it was an isolated crime, he is not gonna kill the daughters of all the people he is jealous of. I don't think he was a pedophile. Just a jealous man.

If this was an intruder I find it hard to believe it was his first or last crime if we through out all the known evidence that points to the parents and just look at the crime that COULD point to an intruder. He was prepared, he may have brought a stun gun, rope, tape, flashlight, yet he did not penially penetrate the child. He cared for her by wrapping her in a blanket and re-dressing her. This could point to someone that was infatuated with her. A pedophile who perhaps hadn't realized it. Maybe his intent was to kidnap her, but he disguised the crime to make it look like something different?

At least you have a choice! :clap: I have to keep on keeping on, but at least this one doesn't have my blood pressure skyrocketing with a suspect that really isn't a suspect after all.

Oh, RR, I will be right here with you, but I am not going to let her nonsense get under my skin this time around. I'm older and wiser and much more well informed now, (thanks to many dedicated JBR supporters), than I was in 2006...

Have the closed the case completely or just the case against the Ramseys???? (I'm too lazy to check. lol)

Denver Post

She apologized to him and his family, saying: "To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you may have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry."

She told him "solving this crime remains our goal."

They never close unsolved murder investigations. Its cold. That's all. The DNA results have been entered into the database, but apparently there was no match to any KNOWN donor. They check these things constantly and if the person who murdered JonBenet ever shows up in the database, they'll be able to solve this case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379041,00.html

New DNA Evidence Clears Ramsey Family in JonBenet Death

Lacy pledged in the letter to continue the investigation. "Solving this crime remains our goal," she wrote.

I think a read of Steve Thomas' book is in order.....blows that theory right out of the water.

In her April, 2003 ruling, Federal Judge Judith Carnes reserved special criticism for Steve Thomas; she wrote: "Whereas Detective Smit's summary testimony concerning the investigation is based on evidence, Detective Thomas' theories appear to lack substantial evidentiary support. Indeed, while Detective Smit is an experienced and respected homicide detective, Detective Thomas had no investigative experience concerning homicide cases prior to this case. In short, the plaintiff's evidence that they [Ramseys] killed their daughter and covered up their crime is based on little more than the fact that defendants were present in the house during the murder."

Jubie,
Yes, but the problem is the blood evidence. I may be wrong here and correct me if I am, but If I recall correctly the DNA in her panties was confirmed as BLOOD DNA. So that would mean it could not have gotten there by secondary transfer from gloves.

I thought (and could be very wrong) that the DNA was found in blood that was from JonBenet? Not that it was blood from the person whose DNA was found? Am I making any sense at all?

And what happened to the post while I was replying? :confused: It was 13 pages 10 seconds ago.

Denver Post

She apologized to him and his family, saying: "To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you may have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry."

She told him "solving this crime remains our goal."

I'm pretty sure she meant the DA's office there because of the former DA;

Lacy's predecessor as district attorney, Alex Hunter, said in 1997 that the parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion."

Fodder for the tabloids.

LI Mom, excellent point, we will just have to wait and see what they find. Hard to believe they can't pull it off of multiple items found in the house that the killer would have had to touch. If he was wearing gloves but then removed them to sexually assult JB that would explain why there were not found elsewhere.

Meyahna: Well if it's not her, I still don't get why the Boulder police have never found the murderer then. This DNA won't lead them anywhere if it's truly an intruder who did so, I think it was an isolated crime, he is not gonna kill the daughters of all the people he is jealous of. I don't think he was a pedophile. Just a jealous man.

If this was an intruder I find it hard to believe it was his first or last crime if we through out all the known evidence that points to the parents and just look at the crime that COULD point to an intruder. He was prepared, he may have brought a stun gun, rope, tape, flashlight, yet he did not penially penetrate the child. He cared for her by wrapping her in a blanket and re-dressing her. This could point to someone that was infatuated with her. A pedophile who perhaps hadn't realized it. Maybe his intent was to kidnap her, but he disguised the crime to make it look like something different?

It has ALWAYS bothered me that we never heard about any prints OR dna testing on the bowl or the glass. We heard about other possible prints they found so why be silent about the kitchen scene?

Shouldn't that have shown JB's prints or at least dna on the spoon, but what about the glass?

Why couldn't we at least have hard proof that JB did have a late night snack as was evidenced in the autopsy. Why leave this important evidence such a mystery?

So did she really eat alone.... or were both kids too excited to sleep & snacked together.... or did some kidnapper stop for a pineapple & tea party before he suddenly morphed into a SO?

Tex Mex, I agreee DNA trumps pineapple, for today anyway :)

Wenchie: It could be anyone and could have come from anywhere.

Not so Wenchie, I wish that were the case. Unlikely that anyone from the X-mas party the days before left DNA evidence on her long johns and in her underpants the NIGHT she was murdered.

Wenchie: Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that an intruder went into a locked house....was on all three floors in many different rooms......was in the bathroom with Jonbenet, washed her, changed her clothes, wrote on her hand, changed her hairdo..............and then left without leaving one hair, one fingerprint, one fiber?

I would say I would not have believed that until I studied the VanDam/Westerfield case and realized that man not only entered the house with the family present but where there was a dog present and was able to get in and out without leaving one trace of evidence. I was never convinced an intruder could NOT have entered, but just thought it was unlikely due to the parents actions or lack of. Ok folks, I have to run and I am getting sucked into this very addictive case. But for some reason today, I have a sick feeling that if this pans out and they continue to find more Touch DNA evidence, we could have a killer still on the loose, and that doesn't make me feel too happy. Follow the evidence......dispute each one independently of the other until the facts stand alone. DNA is DNA folks. It belongs to an unidentifable man, and it's not John or Burke Ramsey. WHOSE IS IT AND HOW DID IT GET THERE?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back