The Ramseys are Cleared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

To settle the libel/defamation lawsuit against him, Steve Thomas paid the Ramseys. That does not inspire in me the thought that Thomas had much faith or hope in being able to prevail on his very own "speculative theory" in court. I would say that supports that the D.A., Hunter, showed good judgment.

As I said, the one needed to believe in The Intruder.....:crazy:

I know this statement was not directed at me personally, so I am not taking it personal. But, just so I'm clear, I don't think it was just anyone that walked in and killed JonBenet. This wasn't a stranger IMO. It was someone who knew this family and knew this family well.

an article I read this morning stated that same DNA was found under Jon Benet's fingernails.

Really? I had not read this. Where did you read this? Could you please link it here or tell me where to find it?

If so, this could very well add another dimension to the validity of the new dna findings to directly involve an unknown male in JBR's murder, IMO.

Really? I had not read this. Where did you read this? Could you please link it here or tell me where to find it?

If so, this could very well add another dimension to the validity of the new dna findings to directly involve an unknown male in JBR's murder, IMO.

Are you saying that if it was found under her fingernails you might believe someone other then the Ramsey's killed JonBenet?

2001-12-18: Case haunts DA's aide who led grand jury

Kane says he never felt that Ramseys gave him the straight story during his interviews

By Charlie Brennan, News Staff Writer

Michael Kane says he still thinks about the JonBenet Ramsey murder every day.

"And at least once a week, when I'm out running or something, this case will be running through my head," he said, "and I'll think, 'What if we did this now?' or 'What if that happened?' "

Kane, 49, joined former District Attorney Alex Hunter's team in June 1998, about 18 months after JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home.

He led the 13-month-long grand jury probe that concluded Oct. 13, 1999, with no indictments issued in the case.

JonBenet's parents remain under an "umbrella of suspicion" in the death.
Kane spent many hours questioning John and Patsy Ramsey about their daughter's murder. He said he believes they have yet to give him the straight story.

"When I met with them, I never felt that they were genuine," Kane said. "I always felt like I was talking to a press secretary who was giving responses with a spin.

"I always felt like their answers were very careful and, in some cases, scripted. And that caused me a lot of concern."

Kane said one of the biggest mistakes in the case was that officials didn't take it to a grand jury in the early going.

"I think the major problem with this case was the hard-core evidence gathering," Kane said.

Which was tainted because BPD botched securing the crime scene.

To settle the libel/defamation lawsuit against him, Steve Thomas paid the Ramseys. That does not inspire in me the thought that Thomas had much faith or hope in being able to prevail on his very own "speculative theory" in court. I would say that supports that the D.A., Hunter, showed good judgment.

And yet the lawsuit didn't stipulate ANYTHING that would change what ST said or did.

http://www.forstevethomas.com/08062002letter.htm

A Letter From Steve Thomas

The frivolous lawsuit filed by the Ramseys has concluded.

I am sorry for the delay in making a public statement until now, but the Ramsey announcement of a resolution in March was premature.

I am bound by the terms of the settlement not to discuss its conclusive points but I can tell you this: it was a thoughtful, deliberate decision. For the record, I was not the one who sought out a settlement in this case.

My absolute requirement for any resolution was the mandate that I would admit no wrongdoing whatsoever, nor would I personally pay a single dollar in settlement. And that is exactly what was achieved with this resolution. In fact, the book can continue to be published, advertised, quoted, and marketed. I will continue to speak on the case whenever I wish. I continue to stand resolutely by my book and the opinions I expressed in it. My beliefs have not changed.

Wrong again. Steve Thomas did not pay a dime to the Ramseys and the actual settlement was undisclosed.

i agree.

I linked it after posting that post, angelwings.

I admit that I do not see an IDI as being probable, but to considering the 'possibility' of an intruder, once again, I'm trying to for a moment consider all sides of the equasion:

He had to, 'very well', know the R's house as well as the R's personally and professionally. (He had to know what made them 'tick'. He had to be able to predict correctly not only their day to day actions but also their emotions and how these emotions affected them in crisis. This would have only been sincerely evident when Beth died and maybe a little from PR's health problems.)
He thoroughly studied PR's handwriting in order to 'attempt to' duplicate it.
He had an awful grudge.
He either knew about JBR's prior sexual abuse or he was a part of it.
He knew that w/ a lot of help from him, the R's would, by their own nature, entangle themselves into this web and make themselves look even more guilty.
His grudge was so strong that he was willing to subject himself to the possibility of being caught by spending an enormous amount of time at the crime scene.
He was through enough to only leave one specimin of dna and 2 specimins of touch dna, and used everthing to complete the crime and all the evidence from within the home.
He has this horrific hatred for the R's, yet he has kept it a total secret from R's for 'x' amount of time prior to the crime and for over 10 years has kept totally silent after the crime.

(Could this new found touch DNA somehow 'draw him out' of hiding since he takes pleasure in the R's suffering and they have apparently been 'cleared'???)

He can carry a possibly 'still alive' child of 6 down a circular staircase in the middle of the night without difficulty or fear of awakening the occupants of the entire home or he boldly took her down the other staircase.

He knew where every item would be kept which he would need to successfully commit the crime as well as those needed for the staging would and he remembered to replace all items used but no longer needed in staging, exactly where they were previously kept.

He knew enough about JBR to be confident that he could find many of her favorite items to place with her to implicate her family. (Who could possibly be this close and not be in the group to have been tested for dna?)

He was able to enter and exit leaving no evidence of his entry or exit.

(I have a sinus headache from He!!... and am not communicating effectively at the moment... Would anyone else like to help me add to this list of "possible intruder facts which can be surmized" to justify rational for an 'possible' IDI's existance. If not, I need to take a break from thinking and from typing anything remotely coherent for a bit...I'll think more about this later, in the paraphrased words of S.O'Harah...) :bang:

If it were someone who knew the Ramsey's very well he would have been thrown under the bus along with everyone else they named...

His DNA would have been collected along with everyone else's too...like the Hoffman-Pugh family, and the White family's were along with the Fernies...

For it to actually be an intruder that didn't know the family he would have had to have known that the alarm on the house was NOT on and he would have to have known that they were coming back that night to begin with. The home had those home alarm notices up in several places.

And yet the lawsuit didn't stipulate ANYTHING that would change what ST said or did.

http://www.forstevethomas.com/08062002letter.htm

A Letter From Steve Thomas

The frivolous lawsuit filed by the Ramseys has concluded.

I am sorry for the delay in making a public statement until now, but the Ramsey announcement of a resolution in March was premature.

I am bound by the terms of the settlement not to discuss its conclusive points but I can tell you this: it was a thoughtful, deliberate decision. For the record, I was not the one who sought out a settlement in this case.

My absolute requirement for any resolution was the mandate that I would admit no wrongdoing whatsoever, nor would I personally pay a single dollar in settlement. And that is exactly what was achieved with this resolution. In fact, the book can continue to be published, advertised, quoted, and marketed. I will continue to speak on the case whenever I wish. I continue to stand resolutely by my book and the opinions I expressed in it. My beliefs have not changed.

Thomas learned about libel the hard way: "nor would I personally pay a single dollar in settlement."

Has Steve Thomas made any public statements regarding this latest devopment?

What I want to know is how do we know if the long johns were clean when they were put on Jonbenet? I realize the same DNA was in her underwear so don't anyone bother telling me that. I just want to know if they were clean or if she had worn them before and they had been put away without being washed. After all, her own mother liked to wear her own clothes at least two days before washing them.

Another thing I'd like to mention is IDI's keep saying they think it was someone who was close to the family, who knew the house, not some stranger. So then this would be the only person who was close to the family who knew the house whose DNA was not obtained, because according to Lacy all of those who gave it have been tested against the new DNA find. Is that right? They've ALL been compared? So this exptremely close friend who knew the house so well somehow never had a DNA swab taken?

If it were someone who knew the Ramsey's very well he would have been thrown under the bus along with everyone else they named...

His DNA would have been collected along with everyone else's too...like the Hoffman-Pugh family, and the White family's were along with the Fernies...

For it to actually be an intruder that didn't know the family he would have had to have known that the alarm on the house was NOT on and he would have to have known that they were coming back that night to begin with. The home had those home alarm notices up in several places.

It seems so unlikely to me that someone who could have known about the $117K figure who had no alibi for that night could have been overlooked by police or the Ramsey's who accused just about anybody they could think of....this guy, who knew the layout of the house, knew about John Ramsey's bonus somehow was overlooked?

I believe it to be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that a stranger with no access to the family committed this crime. The doillar figure in the ransom note is too specific. I've always believed it was Patsy's attempt to cast suspicion on a disgruntled employee.

I disagree. His theory is not what would have been needed to do a proper grand jury proceeding. Evidence is and Hunter shared much of the evidence with the Lin Wood. And...

-None of the detectives were called in for the grand jury proceedings,

-There is evidence that was critical to the investigation, that to this day has never been collected, because neither search warrants nor other means were supported to do so.

-IPolygraphs were acceptable for some subjects, but others seemed immune from such requests.

-Innocent people were not "cleared", publicly or otherwise, even when it was unmistakably the right thing to do, as reputations and lives were destroyed.

I don't believe this exonerates the Ramseys. The unknown DNA profile has been known about since 97, all this does is say that the same DNA that was known about before is also in other places and its NOT semen. Good grief, it could be from some teacher, nurse, anybody.

It doens't account for the rest of the evidence that indicates there was no intruder.

but the DNA was in the crotch of her underwear. no one's DNA should be there except her own.

Thomas learned about libel the hard way: "nor would I personally pay a single dollar in settlement."

He didn't pay.

He didn't have to change anything in his book.

He didn't have to stop speaking about the case.

So what did he supposedly 'learn?' We should ALL be punished so severely. lol

I disagree. His theory is not what would have been needed to do a proper grand jury proceeding. Evidence is and Hunter shared much of the evidence with the Lin Wood. And...

SNIP

I could not agree more. Thomas had a theory. Hunter needed evidence. Moreover, I'm not the person who suggested that Tomas's resignation was proof that Hunter was unethical.

Paging RiverRat!

Heck yes, she wrote the ransom note.

however, if i remember correctly, john marc karr's handwriting was a match.

and he was cleared by DNA.

and i remember people saying anna anderson's handwriting was a match for anastasia romanov. (correct me if im wrong).

soooo .......

but the DNA was in the crotch of her underwear. no one's DNA should be there except her own.

If she had been 12 or 13, I'd agree. But 6? And with a problem having 'accidents'?

If the crotch DNA was semen or saliva, I'd also agree. But it was DNA that was found in a drop of blood/her own bodily fluids, not from semen, and I think either not saliva or too small to determine. Why can't it have been a skin cell transfer from the tights..since we are talking about such a tiny amount?

It is definitely ODD and it 'could' be from whomever killed her, or it could be from whomever was abusing her, but possibly from another day/time or it could be random skin cells from transfer of a male helping her pull up her tights, which were previously worn.

If this was the only evidence,then I would also agree it supports an intruder.

But, to me, there is so much other evidence that this was an inside job, I can't consider this to exonerate anybody.

He didn't pay.

He didn't have to change anything in his book.

He didn't have to stop speaking about the case.

So what did he supposedly 'learn?' We should ALL be punished so severely. lol

You didn't see Thomas claiming he would be profiting from his book. You don't have to be maze bright to figure out that the publisher and/or his lawyer had the profits directed elsewhere.

As for Thomas' theory that Jon Benet's death was a homocide, because Patsy found Jon Benet had wet her bed, I never heard him state that as fact after he settled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back