The Remains Location -and the search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anybody have any idea how close her remains were to these coords?

N33 23.825
W117 05.108
Take this as the guess that it is. Attached is a Google Earth screen capture with the road I assume to be the one I have seen pictures of in this thread (Arouba Rd, according to what I can find out). I have made pins for the road and one for your coordinates. I have no idea where the body was found, but it looks like your coords are nearby where LE went in, there is room on the side of the main road (Pala-Temecula) for a vehicle to park and, oddly enough, there is what looks like the start of a foot or rabbit (rabbit trail means one that is not officially a trail, but if enough animal and people use it, it become trail-like) trail at the base of that coord area near the road. ( I can do a zoom in, if you'd like)

Attachments

• SARXCoord.jpg
    SARXCoord.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 26
the link I posted also had some more detailed info on the location: (link^)
I apologize, I must be blind or my computer cache is messed up. I don't see a post from you with a link in this thread, could you please tell me the post number so I can search for it?

Thanks!
BTW
"The grave appears to be out of sight over the hill. " Specifying grave usually means buried. There's an MO connection.

Ghostwheel, to me it looks like the road might be the one off to the left north of Arouba Rd.

Not really sure though.

One reason I think this is because Arouba Rd seems to coneect and intertwine with a lot of named roads up there.

Thanks for that ghostwheel. I was checking to see if there was any connection, but that's a bit far off.

Ghostwheel, to me it looks like the road might be the one off to the left north of Arouba Rd.

Not really sure though.

One reason I think this is because Arouba Rd seems to coneect and intertwine with a lot of named roads up there.
I'm curious, what makes you think that? Arouba connects in intertwines with many named and unnamed roads, though. There are some house, several tree farms (avocados, citrus), and lots of roads, some well paved, some sort of paved, some not paved. It's really hilly and rocky all over the area.

Thanks for that ghostwheel. I was checking to see if there was any connection, but that's a bit far off.
Were you looking at the geocache? If so, the coord numbers got reversed when you wrote them down. Should have been
N 33° 23.825 W 117° 05.018

That would be what I was referring to Ghostwheel, yes. There aren't a whole lot of them out there, but there is one in the area. There was also one near the falls area at Lake Hodges. Likely a coincidence, but just checking all aspects. (crud, did I give you bad coords? Sorry, it was late!)

If you plug in the correct coords, does that put it closer or farther?

If you plug in the correct coords, does that put it closer or farther?
You just reversed two numbers. It puts the cache closer to the main road (Pala-Temecula), on the east side, in a large area for pulling over.

See new map. Good thought.

Attachments

• SARXCoordNew.jpg
    SARXCoordNew.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 16
ay1taa.jpg

This was on the front page of
http://www.10news.com/index.html

It was a swf file though, so I couldn't grab it larger.

Are there only a few places to pull out on the road, or are there a lot?

Are there only a few places to pull out on the road, or are there a lot?
South of that geocache, not so many, north there are several. BTW, there is one right across (on the east side of Pala-Temecula) from Arouba Rd.

P.S. The picture from 10 news DarlinGal posted looks like the first hairpin bend in Arouba, right down to the area they are parked (a pull off zone) and the hill behind where they are pulled off, but maybe I'm just seeing what I think should be there.

I could not get a street view on Arouba, this was as close as I could get. Maybe someone else can try?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...=VnT2lAgtFop95xg350z-BA&cbp=12,16.93,,0,-0.44
Here's a screen shot. I don't know how to do the google maps very well, but I could do this. They don't call it Arouba in the street version, Mapquest has the same problem. Google Earth found it as Arouba, though, and when I search for Arouba, Google maps finds it.

Edited to add another screen shot. This is the road, but it is not always gated, as you can see here, the gate is open.

Attachments

• Arouba.jpg
    Arouba.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 45
  • AroubaSide.jpg
    AroubaSide.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
That would be what I was referring to Ghostwheel, yes. There aren't a whole lot of them out there, but there is one in the area. There was also one near the falls area at Lake Hodges. Likely a coincidence, but just checking all aspects. (crud, did I give you bad coords? Sorry, it was late!)

There are BUNCHES of geocaches in the hills near where Chelsea went missing - many also up behind the neighborhoods behind the homes you see where she went missing (I used to geocache there so I know many of them!) Many in the neighborhoods go there to do that, as opposed to Pala, which would be far less desirable - both in terms of location, terrain, not the same nice view along the way, plus needing to avoid reservation land in places, etc.

I was looking at it from the aspect of knowing locations through GCing. Likely no connection, but I had noticed that there were caches in both spots. While that is nothing big around Lake Hodges (because they are all over), they're not nearly as prevalent out on that road.

North County times said (on CNN they had a reporter) just say that authorities have told them today that:

a) they are "still processing" the scene where Amber's remains were found
b) John Gardner is considered a "focus" in the Amber case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back