The Rev. Richard G

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think RG just knows much about that family from what KC told them....such as LA and GA abusing KC. I think he's just letting the G & C know that there's much he could say but won't at this time until they find Caylee. He's none too happy that the A's are throwing his son under the bus.
The thing is, he only knows what Casey told him. Which means he knows nothing. Or at least, nothing anyone could confirm to be true.

There was not an abrupt change in Casey Anthony. A switch did not go off, and she did not suddenly lose her conscience. She is a sociopath. She sat at the Grund's table confiding in them, we're told. But I would suspect that she was manipulating them. They provided a good deal for Casey and Caylee for quite some time.

The Grunds were taken in by her. They say, "The Casey we knew isn't the same one we're seeing now." But the fact of the matter is that she was. They were just fooled by her--just as many others have been.

I was raised by a sociopath. There was a time when that became apparent to me--and it's very painful and humiliating to realize that you've been hornswoggled for years.

I would imagine that many people surrounding Casey feel much the same way. Perhaps intermingled with their grief, the Grunds feel this way, as well.

But it's really more a reflection of their own humanity and goodness and normalcy than of stupidity or naivete. People who interact normally with others simply do not see sociopathy until there no longer is a "normal" way to interpret things; it is so far outside the realm of their experience that it's nearly impossible to fathom.

Heck, it's nearly impossible to fathom even in light of incontrovertible evidence! Look how Jesse's struggling.

Anyway, more on topic---Rev. Grund may be flamboyant (I am sure it is required by his vocation)--but he is doing what any parent would do under the circumstances. I read the quote on the MySpace differently; it seems to me to be biblical.

resp. snipped....

LOL....I don't think the G's will be asking for donations......but, I do think there's a book coming soon.

didn't RG say he would "answer all the questions...soon" ???

I could be wrong, but I took that to mean after the trial.

I read RG's MySpace and it was pretty good. I do like Jessie, he seems so real.
Interesting thing on there, where they show an bit from the Huffington post, saying Jessie may be the suspect. I don't believe that, and I think he is mad that the article did more than insinuate that about Jessie.

I do believe M Bart writes for the Huffington Post, or is somehow connected to it....Odd isn't it?
You can click on the link on RG's Myspace and read it .

I believe that M Bart wrote that horrid article accusing JG, it must be the only thing she has ever written where she did NOT attach her name.
She has written for the HP for awhile now, I can't imagine who approved her participation .

Who annointed them the spokespeople for Caylee? To me, that reeks of arrogance. I can appreciate their loss, but this is not THEIR story to tell. JMHO

Whose story is it to tell then?

If it's one of the Anthony's story to tell I'll sure be interested in hearing 'which story' they will finally land upon. Maybe the mother of the year story?

Rev. Richard is defending his son? His son doesn't have a missing baby he tried to cover-up, let alone a dead one behind his house.

Don't forget Casey led these people, Jesse and his parents to believe they had a beautiful little granddaughter, and a daughter. Casey 'intimated' these people into Caylee's life in the most cruel hoax a woman could play on a man and his family.

Maybe this guys sword is the truth, and maybe he knows he's going to be called as a witness, and maybe the police and the Dist. Atty have told him to not talk about his testimony.

But, I'm open...Maybe I've got this all wrong.

It's very simple. He is a devout religious man, protecting his son and his family's reputation. I applaud him for his actions. And he truely loved Caylee from the time she was born.

I believe that is true, but I have a legitimate question to ask (no pouncing please!) Would you change your opinion if you found out that he was paid for family photos of Caylee just like the A's?

Whose story is it to tell then?

If it's one of the Anthony's story to tell I'll sure be interested in hearing 'which story' they will finally land upon. Maybe the mother of the year story?

Rev. Richard is defending his son? His son doesn't have a missing baby he tried to cover-up, let alone a dead one behind his house.

Don't forget Casey led these people, Jesse and his parents to believe they had a beautiful little granddaughter, and a daughter. Casey 'intimated' these people into Caylee's life in the most cruel hoax a woman could play on a man and his family.

Maybe this guys sword is the truth, and maybe he knows he's going to be called as a witness, and maybe the police and the Dist. Atty have told him to not talk about his testimony.

But, I'm open...Maybe I've got this all wrong.

His sworn statement, and btw, he was not called to give it, he gave it at the TES command center by showing up and asking to speak with detectives the day before JG was meeting with the Feds, is in the discovery docs. I respect anyone's right to free speech, without interfering with anyone else's civil rights.

That being said, if Mr.Grund feels he has a story to tell, it will simply be one's choice to support the endeavor or not.

the G's seem to be very decent people. How awful they've been slandered by KC and the As. They clearly loved KC and Caylee. I respect them for not getting involved in the A's mud-slinging fest.

the G's seem to be very decent people. How awful they've been slandered by KC and the As. They clearly loved KC and Caylee. I respect them for not getting involved in the A's mud-slinging fest.
I agree. They are a step above the Anthonys in so many ways... Honesty, truth, morals, compassion, and common sense just to name but a few.

I believe that M Bart wrote that horrid article accusing JG, it must be the only thing she has ever written where she did NOT attach her name.
She has written for the HP for awhile now, I can't imagine who approved her participation .

I agree. It's pretty obvious she wrote it.

I believe that is true, but I have a legitimate question to ask (no pouncing please!) Would you change your opinion if you found out that he was paid for family photos of Caylee just like the A's?

No I wouldn't change my mind, as I don't think he's the kind of person that would do something like that.

Could it be that the Reverend was told by LE to keep his knowledge to himself until he is deposed or testifies at the trial?

Perhaps he has some incriminating or eye opening information to share that would shed light on Casey's frame of mind or history.

That would make perfect sense.

I agree!

I just don't understand the animosity towards the reverend... it started way back at the beginning of the case when he was nothing but a face on MySpace that was just Jesse's dad. It was bad enough that Jesse was being used as a pawn of suspicion by Casey and the Anthony clan... people picked it up on the internet and ran with it, deciding to point fingers at the Rev as well because they didn't take to how he looked on his MySpace page. The man's image and religious walk was ripped in to, big time... things said about him that were mean and wrong on so many levels. People woke a sleeping giant and that giant has been defending himself, his son and his family, ever since... as well as being a compassionate voice for Caylee. His relation to Caylee ran deep... may not have been in blood, but Casey led them to believe Caylee was just as much their kin as she was to Cindy and George. At one point that baby girl was his granddaughter... she was Jesse's daughter... the intimate paternal feelings that whole family felt with those connections did not just go away once the paternity test revealed Casey was lying to them. I think they have every right to speak about Caylee, and to defend their selves when they feel the need.

When you wake a sleeping giant by poking and prodding at him... you only have yourself to blame when he rightfully goes on the defensive.

I agree!

I just don't understand the animosity towards the reverend... it started way back at the beginning of the case when he was nothing but a face on MySpace that was just Jesse's dad. It was bad enough that Jesse was being used as a pawn of suspicion by Casey and the Anthony clan... people picked it up on the internet and ran with it, deciding to point fingers at the Rev as well because they didn't take to how he looked on his MySpace page. The man's image and religious walk was ripped in to, big time... things said about him that were mean and wrong on so many levels. People woke a sleeping giant and that giant has been defending himself, his son and his family, ever since... as well as being a compassionate voice for Caylee. His relation to Caylee ran deep... may not have been in blood, but Casey led them to believe Caylee was just as much their kin as she was to Cindy and George. At one point that baby girl was his granddaughter... she was Jesse's daughter... the intimate paternal feelings that whole family felt with those connections did not just go away once the paternity test revealed Casey was lying to them. I think they have every right to speak about Caylee, and to defend their selves when they feel the need.

When you wake a sleeping giant by poking and prodding at him... you only have yourself to blame when he rightfully goes on the defensive.

I agree. Just look at how drawn we at WS are to this case and little Caylee. We didn't have the opportunity to know her except through pictures and videos. We didn't have the chance to play with her, hold her, rock her to sleep and yet we are driven to try to figure out theories, rant to each other when things get frustrating, share with each other and try to hold each other up when we get low(and there have been many low points and many more to come) because of new discoveries.
If in the future the G's step out and try to make a living off of Caylee's memory then I will say "enough is enough." But, right now we don't have the whole truth, the G's are still going through the grieving process, and there won't be closure for a long, long time. If they sell a few photos, write a book, or participate in a talk show-so be it! I for one enjoy hearing their perspective. I don't think that their behavior has been anything but respectfull and compassionate-unlike the A's! Too bad Cayle didn't become a Grund!!:mad:

I think when all is said and done, there will be many books or movies of this case from different perspectives. And if the Grunds choose to do so, so what. Poor Jesse can't get a job because of his name being tied to this case, so if he needs to write his story (for money or for a way of making his way through the grieving process), then I say go for it. Reverend Grund has also been bashed by everyone and his fellowship may be down because of it.

I would not consider telling their story as making blood money off of Caylee, I would consider it as a way to survive the tsunami that is KC.

God Bless the Grund family.

ITA, and what parent would be?

I like Rev. Grund, IMHO he does something the A's don't do, he makes this about Caylee.

And he's been a better spokesperson for Caylee than ANY of the Anthony family has. They are too busy being spokespersons for Casey. In short, the Anthonys have also thrown Caylee under the bus in their zeal to convince the world that Casey is a "good mother."

Snipped for space.

The Rev G has stated from early on that he possess inside information and when the time was right he would "tell all" or yield his mighty sword or some such nonsense. I suppose the best time will probably be when he writes his tell all, that way whatever it is will be in print and easier to spread to the masses and more difficult for others to defend themselves against.

Whatever happened to vengeance is mine says the Lord or turn the other cheek? I understand RG defending his son, I don't understand his attacks on other people when he does it. Most people seem to realize good will win out in the end, which makes all the grandstanding unnecessary.

RG stated more than once KC had implied or he had observed actions that made him think all was not right in her world. And yet he let problems between KC and JG come between anything he may have done to assist KC. He also said things to imply having Caylee at their house was an imposition. Saying he worked from home so having her there made it difficult to carry on his business, he said he asked KC more then once about coming up with an alternative babysitter.

I believe there is a carpload of guilt running through the Rev G. As a man of God shouldn't it have been in his heart to help KC through her problems instead of helping to come between her and Jesse? It is obvious neither family endorsed their relationship, so the two kept it going on the side with each telling their parents it was the other who kept up contact.

Why did the break up of Jesse and KC end contact with Caylee, the child they thought of as a grandchild? I have a hard time believing KC would have turned down free child care from anyone, let alone the family she was going to marry into. I know I would want continued contact with a child I thought of as my grandbaby. Even if it was just a couple weekends a month.

Seeing the behavior of C&G brought home the power of guilt and how it can make someone act completely irrationally. I think with the Rev G we're just seeing the other side of the same coin.

I have nothing against RG and JG seems like a fine young man. These are just things I've observed. MOO!

Does anyone know when it was that the Rev told Casey they would no longer babysit for Caylee, prompting Casey to tell them she'd found Zanny the nanny?

I think when all is said and done, there will be many books or movies of this case from different perspectives. And if the Grunds choose to do so, so what. Poor Jesse can't get a job because of his name being tied to this case, so if he needs to write his story (for money or for a way of making his way through the grieving process), then I say go for it. Reverend Grund has also been bashed by everyone and his fellowship may be down because of it.

I would not consider telling their story as making blood money off of Caylee, I would consider it as a way to survive the tsunami that is KC.

God Bless the Grund family.

I don't believe for one second that JG can't get a job because of this case. Very few people are actually so interested in the case that they know the names of the players. JG is actually just a bit player, so to speak. It makes little sense to me that he'd do a media tour intentionally bringing attention to himself and his name while complaining that he can't find a job because people know his name.

I don't believe for one second that JG can't get a job because of this case. Very few people are actually so interested in the case that they know the names of the players. JG is actually just a bit player, so to speak. It makes little sense to me that he'd do a media tour intentionally bringing attention to himself and his name while complaining that he can't find a job because people know his name.

I don't know Chilly, with so many companies doing google searches before hiring. That's what JG was talking about the other night on GVS or NG.(don't remember which..maybe both!) If you google his name, he pops up right smack in the middle of this nightmare. You're right though, many people do not follow this case the way we do, but that could make it that much worse for him in his job search if they don't know what his involvement is, (Casey-speak there :crazy:) not to mention time that he may have to take off work, etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member