The RIFT Between Casey and Her Family.."Strategy" or for Real?*revisit*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KC wishing her mother a happy mothers day was so creepy. She was a mother until 2008. Not one tear for Caylee.George has not been in court since.I feel that was a stab in the heart for Cindy,but she did'nt get it!Just so cold hearted!

GA and CA have explained that they do not see KC at the jail because "they" pick apart everything in the videos. "They" are the reason that GA and CA (and presumably Lee) can't see KC.

The above explanation doesn't wash with WS'ers (I've seen in other posts)...and I am wondering how you feel about the rift between KC and her family. In my experience a bona fide feud or rift is very difficult to overcome. I've had times during my lifetime when I did not speak with important members of my family and the more time that racked up during the feud/rift...the harder it was to begin speaking again. AND..it generally takes some special circumstance/event in order to begin talking again. Have you ever not spoken with key people in your life (like your Mother/sibling/etc?) It is such a major thing to not speak for over a year! Of course, the A's may be writing to KC...but if there is no answer, it is still considered silence.

I know this is an old thread that pops up occasionally. I just have to answer you question, "Have you ever not spoken to key people in your life .... for over a year?".

I suppose you mean "in anger" or "because of some disagreement". I'm not very chatty in my old age, so I don't make many phone calls. So there have been times when I haven't "spoken" to people (family, friends) for a long time but not because there's been a rift. When we do "chat" it can last for hours, therefore, I call when I can set aside a lots of time. We do correspond by e-mail and greeting cards with a note jotted inside, or through papers sent by mail. I'm the family historian so I'm always sending them my findings. That sort of thing. No, I've never been out of touch with someone because of a rift or anything of that sort.

However, my mother and my brother didn't speak to each other for 10 years. The only reason they finally spoke was because he was in the hospital dying and she went to see him. They made amends before he died.

My aunt and her son didn't speak to each other for five years. That rift was mended when my aunt finally called him (she was the one who was ticked off in the first place). Our grandmother was dying and she wanted her son to visit.

The reasons for the rifts were similar, totally unnecessary, imo, and only demonstrated how strong pigheadedness is in our family (both sides!). I don't carry grudges so I thought their rifts were foolish. Of course, none of them killed a child, or anyone else. The Anthonys may carry similar genes. Both of my family rifts were based on pride, and I think Cindy has a lot of that, so I can imagine Cindy thinks Caylee's murder has damaged how the world looks at the As, and that's not good for someone who bases her existence on pride. Pride can be very destructive, add in the murder of a baby, and you have a huge family rift. The reason the As claim for not visiting their daughter is a way of protecting CA's pride, imo. That, and Cindy and Casey don't get along anyway.

I agree, and I think that now, with Casey's accusations of GA and LA molesting her, that is one huge issue that could cause a very heated visit.

I also wonder if all the hoopla over SA wanting the transcript of Grand Jury regarding ga testimony and perhaps hinting that he better not tell tall tales...

Then I ponder that the bus/train/747 is starting up their engines and he perhpas is seeing the writing on the wall and knows it is headed his way ---- How many times does one have to read the molestation charge/story and still want to support their daughter???? Perhaps the defense is going to use this? could they file charges at this late stage??? (thinking diversion???) There is something going on....

KC wishing her mother a happy mothers day was so creepy. She was a mother until 2008. Not one tear for Caylee.George has not been in court since.I feel that was a stab in the heart for Cindy,but she did'nt get it!Just so cold hearted!

Oh, I missed that!

I also wonder if all the hoopla over SA wanting the transcript of Grand Jury regarding ga testimony and perhaps hinting that he better not tell tall tales...

Then I ponder that the bus/train/747 is starting up their engines and he perhpas is seeing the writing on the wall and knows it is headed his way ---- How many times does one have to read the molestation charge/story and still want to support their daughter???? Perhaps the defense is going to use this? could they file charges at this late stage??? (thinking diversion???) There is something going on....

SA has the Grand Jury testimony, it's the Defense who wants it, but SA's not obligated to give it to them.

It's not too late to file charges against GA and CA. This is a murder trial and from what I understand, they could file after the trial and it would still be okay. Most legal eagles think they won't unless something really big pops up during the trial.

This is a family that has a love/hate relationship. The dynamics are swaggering and it's more about pride than it is Caylee, IMO..horrible as it may sound, I feel this is all about pride in the Anthony family....JMHO

This family has managed to coerce an entire country to look for a missing child, Caylee. I do believe when they picked up the pontiac, found ICA without Caylee, along with ICA's silence, they knew it wasn't looking good for Caylee. They have managed to get hoards of media attention, I remember in one of LA's jail visits, he tells ICA how he learned from Josh Duckett how to manipulate the system, news media and how he didn't trust Baez. This far back LA told of Baez sneaking letters out of jail but the A's were not receiving them...

ICA had everyone on a wild goose chase, never, ever thinking about Caylee, for IMO, she knew where she was all along. Her "clues" during her visits. LA asks about the tatt, ICA says, it's Caylee related..Hmmmm LA asks her to clarify, she says, there's no clue there...He should have pressed her more, IMO...it's all relative, indeed...JMHO

ICA gives clues, she never calls authorities to alert them of her child allegedly not returned, or kidnapped, again, depending on which story you believe..

My concern is Caylee that’s all I want. No one has once said anything for me or voiced that I love my daughter that I want her safety and that she and the rest of my family is my only concern. All I want is to see her again… to hear her laugh, to see her smile (voice breaks) and to just be w/our family. Nothing else matters to me at this point. Lee says we all feel that way– she says I know but they have been hearing that from you -from her uncle from her grandparents not from her mother–

He says do you have anything else anything specific– any other clues?? She says no -you have everything that I feel comfortable giving at the moment.

Its truly sad and disgusting. That is all she is comfortable giving at the moment??? WTH! This will prove to a jury, her elaborate scheme to cover up a crime she commited against her innocent, precious child...In the end, I truly believe Caylee will get her justice, jurors will see to that! JMHO

The turn came this early on...after ICA tells the family how she needs to be seen as a victim, they have surrounded the wagon and jumped right on..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

http://www.wftv.com/video/18212494/index.html

I found this old thread (thanks Affinity for starting it!) so that I could get this off my chest....after today's hearing I am fed up! The A's attorney, BC, said again today that his clients "couldn't" visit their daughter.....

Pleeeeze! They either are chosing not to, or she is refusing their requests......nothing more, nothing less.......enough with the half-truths and misstatements in this case.

Okay, I'm better now.

Thank you, Gma Kat! I feel exactly the same way. It infuriates me when they try to pull the poor little KC (or CA or GA) routine - how they're UNABLE to visit her; trying to drum up sympathy. Who do they think they're fooling with this rhetoric? It's insulting.

I wish the commentators/reporters would call them on it instead of lobbing soft balls with no follow up questions. :banghead:

This is a family that has a love/hate relationship. The dynamics are swaggering and it's more about pride than it is Caylee, IMO..horrible as it may sound, I feel this is all about pride in the Anthony family....JMHO

This family has managed to coerce an entire country to look for a missing child, Caylee. I do believe when they picked up the pontiac, found ICA without Caylee, along with ICA's silence, they knew it wasn't looking good for Caylee. They have managed to get hoards of media attention, I remember in one of LA's jail visits, he tells ICA how he learned from Josh Duckett how to manipulate the system, news media and how he didn't trust Baez. This far back LA told of Baez sneaking letters out of jail but the A's were not receiving them...

ICA had everyone on a wild goose chase, never, ever thinking about Caylee, for IMO, she knew where she was all along. Her "clues" during her visits. LA asks about the tatt, ICA says, it's Caylee related..Hmmmm LA asks her to clarify, she says, there's no clue there...He should have pressed her more, IMO...it's all relative, indeed...JMHO

ICA gives clues, she never calls authorities to alert them of her child allegedly not returned, or kidnapped, again, depending on which story you believe..

My concern is Caylee that’s all I want. No one has once said anything for me or voiced that I love my daughter that I want her safety and that she and the rest of my family is my only concern. All I want is to see her again… to hear her laugh, to see her smile (voice breaks) and to just be w/our family. Nothing else matters to me at this point. Lee says we all feel that way– she says I know but they have been hearing that from you -from her uncle from her grandparents not from her mother–

He says do you have anything else anything specific– any other clues?? She says no -you have everything that I feel comfortable giving at the moment.

Its truly sad and disgusting. That is all she is comfortable giving at the moment??? WTH! This will prove to a jury, her elaborate scheme to cover up a crime she commited against her innocent, precious child...In the end, I truly believe Caylee will get her justice, jurors will see to that! JMHO

The turn came this early on...after ICA tells the family how she needs to be seen as a victim, they have surrounded the wagon and jumped right on..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

http://www.wftv.com/video/18212494/index.html

:clap::clap::applause::thumb: ITA!!!! I also remember when jb got on the tv and said he wouldn't have his client talk about her missing child since he could be damaging to her and her case (whatever that quote was---it was way to much for me!!!!)

however, I do ponder WTH is ga????????????? :waitasec:

The"rift" has been interesting to me from the beginning--because my Mother and I had years of estrangement (off and on over our lifetimes--she is now deceased). When I wrote this original thread post KC was not acknowledging her parents in the courtroom at all. Now, apparently, she has since smiled at CA and said "Happy Mother's Day". (Big deal, still no visits).

I do have perspective on Mother/Daughter estrangement--(having engaged in it often). What I remember clearly was how difficult it was to start talking after having not talked for a long time. After all these years, I can't remember what would break our silences, but the "reconciliation" would seldom take-- there would be another dust-up that would cause yet another estrangement.

During my years of not speaking to my Mother I read a great book, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Mother-Self-Daughters-Identity/dp/0385320159"]My Mother, Myself [/ame](author Nancy Friday). In the book the author explains that generally when a young woman is beginning to blossom, the Mother's beauty is beginning to fade. This, the author stated, is universal--but it is a lot of the reason why Mothers and Daughters argue incessantly during teenage and young adult years---it's (usually unwitting) jealously on the part of the Mother. The Mother can sense her power (her youth and beauty) diminishing while the younger daughter is just starting to achieve hers.

The estrangement/rift between KC and CA no doubt has it's roots in what Nancy Friday describes (power issues!). CA wanted to be Caylee's Mother and regain power in that way.

I'm betting that CA & KC will never be able to ever talk about Caylee. When we did see conversations between them (the jailhouse tapes) the conversations were stilted, stage-y and "code". This is the only way CA & KC can "communicate" --by imagining that they are in a whodunit movie.

Right now KC blames CA for putting her in jail and so the silent treatment will continue. When and if they ever speak again...they will talk about the weather and food.

The rift is real. IMO.

Is there a rift? Is GA just not in court because he is working? I think from day one (well not that literally) GA and CA decided that they had already lost Caylee...they weren't going to lose KC...no matter what. I honestly believe that they would have wanted to handle the whole "Caylee is missing and later turns up murdered" within the family...like the Sapranos. JMO. Had CA not dialed 911... and the cops had not gotten involved, my guess is KC would have turned up missing too. But then, this is just my opinion.

Conway is the A's ventriloquist dummy. He only responds with what they want him to, whether it makes sense or not. I wish he would shut up and stay out of things. The A's have no right to keep sticking their noses where it doesn't belong. Casey is an adult and has to fight this on her own no matter how much they want to interfere.

And ironically, one way they could possibly interfere they won't - they refuse to go see her. Either she hates them that much or they are far too afraid she'll pitch another fit on camera. Either way, that family is beyond dysfunctional. The fact that they can't sit in the same room and be civil is incredible.
BBM ITA!! You are so right!! That family is so dysfunctional, and sometimes I believe they're beyond hope. I think the rift has been rumbling underneath... "hidden" behind the scenes so to speak... and it's bubbling up ready to surface, after all of this time she's been sitting in jail for "something that she's not guilty of doing" and her parents are on the outside doing nothing to help her. I agree with you, the A's are refusing to go see her for fear she will explode on camera and share with the world the true dysfunctional lifestyle of the A's homelife. How frightening that must be to CA to know that during one visit to her daughter, she could ask or say one thing that could cause her fascade to crumble... JMO

Is there a rift? Is GA just not in court because he is working? I think from day one (well not that literally) GA and CA decided that they had already lost Caylee...they weren't going to lose KC...no matter what. I honestly believe that they would have wanted to handle the whole "Caylee is missing and later turns up murdered" within the family...like the Sapranos. JMO. Had CA not dialed 911... and the cops had not gotten involved, my guess is KC would have turned up missing too. But then, this is just my opinion.
Is there a rift? Well, KC's seldom or never looking at the parents when they have been coming to the court proceedings over and over kind of indicates a rift.

----I don't know if I agree that CA & GA would have let KC get away with murder. It only seems that way because they are so bizarre. I can't really see them burying Caylee (as in cahoots) and calling it good. That they have acted so out there is more of an indication of delusion and some superiority issues. In truth, some agencies in Florida ARE challenging to deal with. The Anthony's have developed a huge superiority complex, perhaps based on their "dim" view of bureaucratic situations. The Anthony's are deeply misguided, but anyone can see that they have misplaced anger directed at "the Messenger" (ie: the police, the Judge, the guards, the lawyers, the public etc etc)

I simply do not understand how Cindy and George can agree to follow the Defense team demands and not visit KC (not that KC has wanted to see them up to this point). But, especially after Inmate Anthony has taken a hard fall and busted her mouth and chipped a tooth ..... how can Cindy let anyone tell her that she cannot go see her daughter, to see for herself how she is, and to tell her child that she cares and is sorry she got hurt???? Can a defense trial strategy outweigh a mother's love for her child???? Or a father's????

I simply do not understand how Cindy and George can agree to follow the Defense team demands and not visit KC (not that KC has wanted to see them up to this point). But, especially after Inmate Anthony has taken a hard fall and busted her mouth and chipped a tooth ..... how can Cindy let anyone tell her that she cannot go see her daughter, to see for herself how she is, and to tell her child that she cares and is sorry she got hurt???? Can a defense trial strategy outweigh a mother's love for her child???? Or a father's????

If JB has a MBP all he would need to do during visits with ICA is to use the photo booth app and use the build in icamera and snap a few photos. It's done so quick the guards wouldn't notice what he was doing.

Rift, ha ... they are thick as thieves, the lot of them. Letters going back and forth via the defense team, the laughs between ICA and the legal assistances. The money going into ICAs junk food and cosmetics account. Nope, as LA stated, they are a "united" family.

Hopefully, they will all be "united" in separate cells one day.

And that little girl they all constantly have referred to has a name: Caylee

I understood they have been communicating the last two years via letters which Baez or someone in his company was taking back and forth.

Have we heard something different?

But, you see, I think they hate KC as much as they love her.

But, you see, I think they hate KC as much as they love her.

Spot on ... they need each other because they are a dramatically passive/aggressive unit. If one should leave, it throws the unit off balance and good ol' CA picks up and continues right along, not drawing a breath as if the missing unit is right beside her. This thread runs smack parallel to the "who will cave first" thread.

The letters between KC and Cookie (in jail) were very telling!
Apparently C&G put on a good show for the cameras... but pretty much write KC off outside of that. There was a letter about how Jose was ripping mad because CA ditched the hearing because she was sick.. but met up with the Today show the next day.. haha

I think publicly, Cindy wants the world to believe what a great mom she is, that her daughter murdered her granddaughter, but look at Cindy, still at court everytime, still supporting her despicable daughter no matter what. Cindy is martyring herself because that's the only way she can keep up the perfect image of herself. Everything is crumbling around her, but hey everyone, look at me and how much I'm suffering because of the loss of Caylee and the accusations against Casey. What is a good mother to do but keep supporting her daughter no matter what and keep her from dying? And her having nervousness the day Casey fell - once again, good mothers have those feelings when something bad's going to happen to their children. It's all to keep convincing herself that she is a good mom despite her daughter killing her granddaughter.

She's also basically made this whole case about herself and her suffering. Forget Caylee, forget the fact that Casey was bad long before Caylee died. It's all about everyone watching Cindy torture herself each hearing, getting hurt over and over again, but she keeps prevailing and loving Casey. Because that's a what good mom would do, love her kid no matter how crappy that kid treats her. Good moms are supposed to martyr themselves that way. I don't think she could sit at home and not be in the spotlight as this great martyr.

Her selfishness has no bounds. I mean look at her statement against the molestation accusations Casey brought up against George and Lee. There was no standing up for George or even for her son (and by God she should have stood up for Lee if not for George). There was only Cindy covering her own *advertiser censored* so she could keep her nursing license. Who in their right mind makes sure to say that it was never reported? If someone accused someone I loved of that, it would just be a denial it ever happened. It wouldn't enter my mind to add on that it was never reported. That was the strangest thing to come out of BC's mouth, and I know she put it there.

Privately, it's a whole different story with Cindy. I think she hates Casey with a passion. I think she'd like to go back to that night of the fight and finish strangling Casey instead of stopping and letting Casey continue to live. I think she probably takes pictures and cuts Casey out of them, maybe even burns them. I think this whole public battle is her way of keeping herself intact as well winning this "game" against Casey. It had to stab her in the heart when Casey told her Happy Mother's Day and I'm sure she went home and had a sh** fit about it. But if you noticed in court, she acted like that was the best thing in the world she could hear. Yeah, right, Cindy!

I think privately, she also is absolutely horrified and angry about the total lack of control she has over Casey now. She reminds me of the leader of a prison gang or street gang. Once you get in, you don't get out alive, and if you do wrong, the leader will make sure you're taken care of. Whether you live or die is up to the leader of the gang. No police, only gang justice. But Cindy can't do that now because she made that one phone call. I think she kicks herself everyday that she made that call and got the police involved. She wanted to handle this HER way, and now she can't do that. It's not about loving Casey over Caylee, it's about her having control over Casey and it kills her that she can't do that anymore.

So I don't think the rift is a scam, I think the supposed making up is total crap. They were trying to make Casey more human, but it failed miserably. And as for George and Lee, they've been controlled and brainwashed by Cindy for so long, they don't know to function without her telling them to what to do. She's like their warden, and they're her prisoners, even Lee who doesn't live with her. I suspect they know what Casey did and wish they had the cajones to stand up to Cindy and do what's right, but they can't cross the warden or she'll make their lives even more hell. And she's had years of practice to be very good at that.

Do they love each other? Maybe in the twisted, dysfunctional way they've learned to love each other, but this is no loving family torn apart. This is a private hell made public, and the players don't know how to cope with it except to live in lies and delusions to make it through every day. For Lee, it's hiding and lying through his lawyer. For George, it was being Cindy's puppet, saying what she wanted him to say and doing what she wanted him to do. But George is now collapsing, unable to going along with the lies anymore, which is why we don't see him at the hearings anymore. I doubt he and Cindy sleep in the same room anymore or talk to each other much. Neither of the men can live the lie in public anymore. Only Cindy with her grandiose delusions of martryrdom can keep the facade of the perfect family going in her mind, and that motivates her to keep being in the public eye.

So rift = real. Lovey dovey family togetherness = total bull****

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back