The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you lil' Sweetie, Thank you. We should go get a drinkipoo together and talk over the case :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You know I would love to go to Long Island and drive the territory, take in the salt air and feel the vibrations of those who live there. I think it is a split between those who are nautical in spirit, those well-heeled or retired and then the creative contingent. An interesting mix of people IMO if that is the case. ;}

I'll take you up on that virtual drinkipoo! My better half's best friend also refers to cocktails as drinkipoos.

I had always heard that Long Island is a beautiful place. I don't think I'll go there until after some canines units have done a good sweep of the place and have given the "all clear".

That could be why...I copied and pasted it from above post..

Thanks!!

That could be why...I copied and pasted it from above post..

Thanks!!

Sorry I spelled her last name incorrectly. I remembered reading about Tina at LISK.com. I went by memory when I should have double checked the spelling.

<Modsnip>

SH where did you find this info, could you please post a link?

<modsnip>

IF there is any thruth to that somone placed "timeout dolls" at the GB4 victims "gravesites" ( which I personaly would call dumping grounds) it sure is somthing for the police to look into as soon as possible.

The symbolizm of placing "timeout dolls" at the GB4 victims dumping grounds, would IMHO be that the person who placed them ment that the victims should be punished and regret what they have done, kind of be ashamed of them selves.

Here is one description od that kind of dolls.

http://boingboing.net/2011/11/01/ti...be-children-whove-been-stood-in-a-corner.html

A "time out doll" or "corner doll" is (apparently) a large-ish, realistic child-doll that is posed with its hands over its face, intended to be stood in a corner or up against a piece of furniture, so it appears that the doll is a child who is being punished (?) or having a time out (?).

IF, and it's a big IF thise dolls really was placed at the GB4 victims dumping grounds, I do belive that it very well could be the killer, due to it would fit his mocking personality to a T.
Not to mention it would be exstremly cruel and scary.

<modsnip>

IF there is any thruth to that somone placed "timeout dolls" at the GB4 victims "gravesites" ( which I personaly would call dumping grounds) it sure is somthing for the police to look into as soon as possible.

The symbolizm of placing "timeout dolls" at the GB4 victims dumping grounds, would IMHO be that the person who placed them ment that the victims should be punished and regret what they have done, kind of be ashamed of them selves.

Here is one description od that kind of dolls.

http://boingboing.net/2011/11/01/ti...be-children-whove-been-stood-in-a-corner.html

A "time out doll" or "corner doll" is (apparently) a large-ish, realistic child-doll that is posed with its hands over its face, intended to be stood in a corner or up against a piece of furniture, so it appears that the doll is a child who is being punished (?) or having a time out (?).

IF, and it's a big IF thise dolls really was placed at the GB4 victims dumping grounds, I do belive that it very well could be the killer, due to it would fit his mocking personality to a T.
Not to mention it would be exstremly cruel and scary.

theforeigner, I noticed in the comments of your link that most feel these dolls are creepy and I agree. I also noticed a few comments of these dolls being used at car shows and someone provided a link.

http://jalopnik.com/5834801/why-do-car-collectors-put-creepy-dolls-on-their-bumpers/

Do any of our LI locals know if this creepy trend occurs at the car shows in the area? TIA

wm

theforeigner, I noticed in the comments of your link that most feel these dolls are creepy and I agree. I also noticed a few comments of these dolls being used at car shows and someone provided a link.

http://jalopnik.com/5834801/why-do-car-collectors-put-creepy-dolls-on-their-bumpers/

Do any of our LI locals know if this creepy trend occurs at the car shows in the area? TIA

wm

In the link you provided the dolls also named as;
"Known variously as crying, hide-'n-seek or time-out dolls"

Which also could be a cynical mocking message from the killer.

However we STILL need to get this rumor about this kind of dolls beeing placed at the GB4 dumping grounds, verifyed.

In the link you provided the dolls also named as;
"Known variously as crying, hide-'n-seek or time-out dolls"

Which also could be a cynical mocking message from the killer.

However we STILL need to get this rumor about this kind of dolls beeing placed at the GB4 dumping grounds, verifyed.

Hopefully, we will get verification soon.....fingers crossed. ;)

wm

The doll rumor originated from the other website.

I'm respectfully advising caution.

I think the the time-out dolls are more more than a rumour.

I first heard it mentioned here http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-Of-Megan-Maureen-Melissa-and-Amber/152704068138923

A family member was wondering who put them there.
They also mentioned the police were informed.

Then all the posts relating to the dolls were removed.

Wow! That IS interesting.
IF it turn out to be true, I really hope it is the killer who placet them there and that his DNA is on them.

OMG...if that rumor turns out to be true, then that is every bit as creepy as the FB pages for the AC victims and the calls made to the families. In fact, I've got goosebumps as I write this.

Those dolls are very, very creepy IMO. I hope that if they were there, that there is tons of DNA evidence all over them. Even if it wasn't the killer who placed them there, it was a very creepy, sick and disturbing thing to do. I hope that person is caught.

No idea if the rumor is true or not, but I do know that even well-meaning people often do the most foolish things. I also know that, in a sinister evironment, almost anything can take on the same sinister hue.

JMO

I'd hope that those locations are under surveillance. It's common knowledge that serial killers will visit old crime scenes and sometimes the grave sites of their victims. Not sure what the logistics of putting up cameras at those locations are, but you'd hope anyone who's snooping around those areas is being watched.

:desert:

where were the dolls purchased ? if they in fact even exist, I hope they are looking for the origin of these dolls.

oh and that"s really freakin creepy.

Dr Scott Bonn I think is the first person who "tweeted" that dolls had been anonymously placed at the dump sites

but his tweets have been removed

I just googled that info though

https://www.google.com/search?sourc....,cf.osb&fp=e50b7ed8b228eb18&biw=1024&bih=653

here's one of Bonn's websites

http://www.docbonn.com/serial-killer-expert.html

Thanks MrsPC

Minazoe they sure DO exist, or at least one do.

I have found a picture of a doll placed at Maureen Brainard-Barnes cross/body dumping ground.
However I´m not sure if I should post it, wonder if that would harm the investigation since it seem that all info about that (or those?) doll have been removed from the internet.

Thanks MrsPC

Minazoe they sure DO exist, or at least one do.

I have found a picture of a doll placed at Maureen Brainard-Barnes cross/body dumping ground.
However I´m not sure if I should post it, wonder if that would harm the investigation since it seem that all info about that (or those?) doll have been removed from the internet.

<modsnip>can you tell if it's a cabbage patch doll? (instead of a time out doll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay