The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another observation of her testimony that stands out for me relates to the computer monitoring that was instituted after one of RH's texts was discovered. I understood LH to testify that she was not aware the lying eyes partner for accountability dropped out of the agreement after a while. Considering what was known to LH at that time, it seems she would have stayed advised of that agreement - but she didn't. And moreover, the partner person didn't advise LH.

Agree strongly with your sentence about the jury.

lol probably dropped out because he was afraid of what he was seeing RH clicking on

Harris is accused of possessing lewd photographs of two underage girls, sending nude photos to those girls and one other and engaging in sexually explicit chats with all three. The eight-count indictment includes two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six of disseminating harmful material to a minor.

As a teacher of adolescent girls, this is the definition of a sexual predator. Can't even believe that is being disputed on here. I teach 7th graders (12 and 13 year olds), but my now 8th graders from last year are 13 and 14, and the thought of a grown man exchanging nudes with them makes me shudder.

Love reading your point of view and intelligent conclusions, Paige SC! I disagree though about LT having any thoughts (even deep-down inside ones) about reconciling with RH should the opportunity arise. Her disgust with Harris appeared intense as well as genuine on the stand and I also couldn't help but think by end of her cross-examination that she had doubts on his total innocence in the matter of Cooper's death to some degree.

I agree 100%. I think Leanna is disgusted by Ross and his escapades with men and women, some of whom he professed love to. She was visibly furious when the prosecution brought the sex with a man up and his professing of love to Jayne.

He's def a predator and I don't know why we aren't calling him a pedophile. Just because he doesn't Always choose minor girls doesn't mean he not a pedophile. Jmo

He's def a predator and I don't know why we aren't calling him a pedophile. Just because he doesn't Always choose minor girls doesn't mean he not a pedophile. Jmo

Me either.......

pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
a person who is sexually attracted to children.

The minors in the 2016 indictment are identified as

M.A.B (counts 1,2,3)
K.R. (counts 6,7,8)
N.P. (Count 4)

No I absolutely know you do and never meant to imply you don't! In fact I wrongly quoted you and meant to quote I think Paige who asked the question.....

Sorry....here have a cookie!

ETA I agree that he is a predator and his penchant for young girls is disgusting. Given time who knows how young he would have gone...my gawd 14, that turns my stomach...that's around 8th grade

No no no sorry- I wasn't clear and now I can't edit. Didn't mean to quote you- sooo sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a teacher of adolescent girls, this is the definition of a sexual predator. Can't even believe that is being disputed on here. I teach 7th graders (12 and 13 year olds), but my now 8th graders from last year are 13 and 14, and the thought of a grown man exchanging nudes with them makes me shudder.

Ok don't slap me BUT...I think the guy is a total psychopath who cooked his only child to death. However, when I hear the term(s) pedophile or child predator I think of someone like Jerry Sandusky. I guess someone can be all three but usually antisocial types have a primary MO.‎

Sandusky preyed upon disadvantaged kids and he sexually violated/raped/exploited them. He raped children with zero consciousness of guilt. Nada, zip, none. Furthermore, he truly believed he was helping those kids, so even if we think what he did was wrong he still thinks he was justified in doing it. He probably wouldn't however, kill any of those kids if he thought they were a threat to his freedom.

RH was a sloppy glutton who didn't seem to fit in anywhere. He'd take men, women, teens, the whole ball of wax. He didn't appear to have a preference or type, really? Anyone would do. So while he's *technically* a predator & pedophile, I don't classify him as one. He wasn't motivated by age, specifically. He wasn't consumed with tracking down underage children and having sex with them. I don't really see him as being attracted to children persay or having an extensive collection of kiddie *advertiser censored* somewhere.‎

Honestly, I don't even really think his sexual habits were the driving force behind killing his son. I believe that obsession simply served as a reminder of being saddled with the financial responsibility of raising a kid, and as long as Cooper was around he wasn't free to do what he wanted, when he wanted.‎

Anyway, a few Sunday ramblings without any point whatsoever.

Whisper Meme: Having an extremely boring and slow day. Can anyone help the day go by faster? 20F

10:46am
. RH: My day just started too. Just started and I feel like I’ve been been awake forever. I woke up at 5:30. Kill me. Haha.

Reply: Ha. Geez. that sounds horrible.

10:53. Well, I have a son, that joker decided that “hey, im gonna get up early”

Reply: Ha. Ohhhh, gotta love kids

RH: Lol yeah.

Reply: How old is he???

RH: Two.

Reply: What a great age.

11:17. RH: He’s awesome

Reply: I bet (end of chat).

Ok don't slap me BUT...I think the guy is a total psychopath who cooked his only child to death. However, when I hear the term(s) pedophile or child predator I think of someone like Jerry Sandusky. I guess someone can be all three but usually antisocial types have a primary MO.‎

Sandusky preyed upon disadvantaged kids and he sexually violated/raped/exploited them. He raped children with zero consciousness of guilt. Nada, zip, none. Furthermore, he truly believed he was helping those kids, so even if we think what he did was wrong he still thinks he was justified in doing it. He probably wouldn't however, kill any of those kids if he thought they were a threat to his freedom.

RH was a sloppy glutton who didn't seem to fit in anywhere. He'd take men, women, teens, the whole ball of wax. He didn't appear to have a preference or type, really? Anyone would do. So while he's *technically* a predator & pedophile, I don't classify him as one. He wasn't motivated by age, specifically. He wasn't consumed with tracking down underage children and having sex with them. I don't really see him as being attracted to children persay or having an extensive collection of kiddie *advertiser censored* somewhere.‎

Honestly, I don't even really think his sexual habits were the driving force behind killing his son. I believe that obsession simply served as a reminder of being saddled with the financial responsibility of raising a kid, and as long as Cooper was around he wasn't free to do what he wanted, when he wanted.‎

If you consider 14 and 15 years olds children, as the law does, and you agree he was sexting them, which is clear, then he's a pedophile. Can you even imagine being the parents of those kids, possibly middle school students, freshmen in hs? There are different flavors of pedophile, sure. But its black and white. Either you're into that or you arent. It's not like those girls were almost 18 ... they're little kids.

Extracted from RH’s phone, no attempt had been made to delete any of this activity:

Listed under “Chats “

KIK application: 10,191 messages

Whisper application: 46,749 messages

If you consider 14 and 15 years olds children, as the law does, and you agree he was sexting them, which is clear, then he's a pedophile. Can you even imagine being the parents of those kids, possibly middle school students, freshmen in hs? There are different flavors of pedophile, sure. But its black and white. Either you're into that or you arent. It's not like those girls were almost 18 ... they're little kids.

Pedophile: “individuals with a primary or exclusive interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger.”

RH was not a pedophile.

Understood but the definition is clear. A person that is sexually attracted to children. A 35 year old man and a 14 year old child. Enough said.

Understood but the definition is clear. A person that is sexually attracted to children. A 35 year old man and a 14 year old child. Enough said.

It doesn't define it by number of victims or whether they physically touch them. It absolutely doesn't define them as having to be underprivileged or anything of that sort. Just simply as a person sexually attracted to children, which a 14 year old is defined as. I bet if she was your daughter you might define him differently ;)

Absolutely, 14 and 15 year olds are children. I teach them, I was once one of them (a mere 15 years ago), and any adult who solicits sexually explicit conversations, pictures, and/or contact with them is a sexual predator. An adolescent does not have to be raped by an adult to be traumatized by sexual victimization by an adult, the mere fact he sent them pictures of himself and received pictures from them is enough to qualify him as a predator.

The law sees it that way too. That is why when he is convicted, he will become a felon and registered sex offender, as he should be.

Pedophile: “individuals with a primary or exclusive interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger.”

RH was not a pedophile.

Nope, that's not the definition. That's your definition.

pedophile (US) noun. or British paedophile /ˈpɛdəˌfajəl/ Brit /ˈpiːdəˌfajəl/ ... plural pedophiles. Learner's definition of PEDOPHILE. : a person who has a sexual interest in children.
Pedophile - Definition for English-Language Learners from ...
www.learnersdictionary.com › definition

pedophileplay
noun pe·do·phile \ˈpe-də-ˌfī(-ə)l, ˈpē-\
Popularity: Top 20% of words
Simple Definition of pedophile
: a person who has a sexual interest in children
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

RH was not a pedophile.

Where are you coming up with 13 or younger? Not finding that anywhere, same with the primary or exclusive part. What would you call it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking