The SODDI Defense (Some Other Dude Did It)...If not KC, who?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behavior IS evidence. Sorry, but behavioral evidence has convicted a LOT of people.

Aside from all the incriminating behaviors, there is the death-banded hair in the trunk, the decompositional fluids in the trunk, the DNA in the trunk. the refusal to report Caylee missing, the lies and wild goose chases with LE. Teh refusal to tell LE the truth about to whom she gave Caylee (IF her story about giving Caylee to someone else was true). Then, there is the utterly impossible idea that KC would take the fall for someone else.

That's WAY less evidence than convicted quite a few other murderers.

Now, if there was ANY evidence pointing to ANYONE... an SOD, or an accomplice, both OCSD AND the FBI would be on it like a cheap suit. I know not much about OCSD, but the FBI is one of the primo LE bodies in the world.

The fact is, ALL the evidence implicates KC.

Everybody in her social group volunteered to cooperate with LE, and were eliminated. Except her family, of course.

Now.. your problem is that in order to be thoroughly investigated, there has to be some evidence that there is something to investigate. There is NO evidence that anyone else was involved. Period. Nada. Rien. Zip.

Your turn-- Whom do you see at a viable SOD, and what is the evidence?

To add to your thought....in order to investigate a SO from the area LE would need to know WHAT area.They would need to know WHEN an SO had an opportunity to take Caylee.How can they look into alibis of SO's if they don't even have a time from KC about when Caylee was taken.Or WHERE she was taken.
Would it be good enough to round up all SO's in a 1 mile radius of the home and get alibi's for the month of June? A 100 mile radius? June and July ? Any SO who ever went Universal [big no no] or J Blanchard Park? Any SO that was at Sawgrass apt's in June?
Any SO's who had access to KC's car?
I mean ,what is the criteria LE is supposed to use to check out SO's "in the area"?

Well, you couple the dog hits with the stink and the DNA.

Add to that the many lies and attempts to mislead LE.

Plus the 31 days.

And, the partying when Caylee was missing.

And, KC driving the stinking car and lying about how the scent of decomposition got there.

Add to that, KC getting sick when the remains were found (when she did NOT get sick when "finds" were thought to have been made at other sites).

Plus the Invisinanny and the non-existent script.

And, you have a total picture that is extremely incriminating.

I suppose one might try to pick apart each item of evidence. But, the picture is mighty compelling. There's no way to explain it all away.

Nor has anyone cited any evidence that points to anyone else. Nor have we come up with any viable SOD.

Finally-- FL isn't CA, and KC is no OJ.

Well put Brini! Thank you.

We have zero evidence. Because the state has not released any documentation of the local SO"s being investigated. And if they havent been investigated then JB is gonna jump on that at trial.

Tell me what evidence (not behaviour, but physical evidence) we have that shows that KC and only KC was responsible for caylees death?

My thinking is that the physical evidence could point to anyone who lived in or had access to that house. Its her behaviour and lies that make her look guilty as sin, and she only has herself to blame for that.

So if LE and FBI have investigated and eliminated known SO's, why have we not seen any of this in docs? We saw hundreds of pages of ridiculous psychic tips but no pages on SO's.

Well, has anyone ever heard of an SO who kidnaps and kills a child...THEN, puts the child's body in the mother's car, in a state of decomposition.

Meanwhile, the mother is so unconcerned that an SO might have the child, that she's partying and entering "Hot Body" contests? She somehow also doesn't get around to reporting the kidnapping?

Then, AFTER the SO climbs the tow yard fence with the body, to put into the mother's trunk, the mother drives around with the decomposing child, explaining to friends that the smell is from a "dead animal?"

We have zero evidence. Because the state has not released any documentation of the local SO"s being investigated. And if they havent been investigated then JB is gonna jump on that at trial.

Tell me what evidence (not behaviour, but physical evidence) we have that shows that KC and only KC was responsible for caylees death?

My thinking is that the physical evidence could point to anyone who lived in or had access to that house. Its her behaviour and lies that make her look guilty as sin, and she only has herself to blame for that.

So if LE and FBI have investigated and eliminated known SO's, why have we not seen any of this in docs? We saw hundreds of pages of ridiculous psychic tips but no pages on SO's.

I'm with ya, I am not convinced Casey did this.

......No, in this scenario, Casey doesn't think Caylee is with a stranger..... Casey wakes up and Caylee is gone. She doesn't want her mom to know Caylee in inexplicably gone because she knows Cindy would go off the deep end. She thinks somehow she can handle it - that one of her friends took her to get back at her for something, not realizing the truth. Maybe Casey thinks Caylee has been taken because she stolen money from someone and they have been harrassing her to give the money back. So Casey decides she has to get out of the house so her mom won't know what's up. She makes up another story about a work trip.

Remember Casey had a lot to lose by calling 911 about this situation. She would be afraid of 2 things in this situation:
1. Losing her meal ticket and home (her parents)

Edited your post for brevity. Bold by me

Now, The "She thinks somehow she can handle it - that one of her friends took her to get back at her for something." You couldn't sell this one even if you included free gold bars. One of her friends snuck into her house in the middle of the night and took Caylee??? Ahh... NO.

But, If Caylee were really kidnapped she could also see it the other way... She could really play up the "Poor KC" angle. It's a win, win for her, her rival is gone, and she has an excuse to not work for years. She could have played the wilted flower for a long, long time and it might have suited her just fine!

EDIT: Well, I see I am late to the party with this thought! I agree 100% with you MidAtlanticNative, this is pure KC through and through.

To add to your thought....in order to investigate a SO from the area LE would need to know WHAT area.They would need to know WHEN an SO had an opportunity to take Caylee.How can they look into alibis of SO's if they don't even have a time from KC about when Caylee was taken.Or WHERE she was taken.
Would it be good enough to round up all SO's in a 1 mile radius of the home and get alibi's for the month of June? A 100 mile radius? June and July ? Any SO who ever went Universal [big no no] or J Blanchard Park? Any SO that was at Sawgrass apt's in June?
Any SO's who had access to KC's car?
I mean ,what is the criteria LE is supposed to use to check out SO's "in the area"?

Though I am not yet convinced Casey did this alone or otherwise, I trust this bunch of LE to prove their case. I think they carefully decided the right time to charge her with the murder rather then just neglect or whatever.

I am hoping (and trusting if or until I have reason not to) this is the case.

Honey, one doubting juror, or more, only results in a mistrial. Twelve jurors will have to be convinced, in order to render a verdict. :blowkiss:

It only takes one person of a very strong opinion to convince others in a jury room.

Dissociation explains that. She cried like one time throughout all of this. She just doesnt let herself feel, ever, IMO.

Do you think she is capable of Dissociation? I think she is capable of doing this but not in an insanity way does that make sense?

I know personally if there is an emergency not involving my loved ones I can remove myself and do what is needed..
Has she made a compartment to stuff Caylee feelings into?

It only takes one person of a very strong opinion to convince others in a jury room.

Agree. I've been the one who changed her mind, based on the excellent arguments of another juror.

But, I think it would be awfully tough to persuade 12 people that KC isn't guilty.

Do you think she is capable of Dissociation? I think she is capable of doing this but not in an insanity way does that make sense?

I know personally if there is an emergency not involving my loved ones I can remove myself and do what is needed..

Nope. Sociopaths don't have the feelings to begin with. They are all about self. To the exclusion of everyone else.

Umm! Am I missing something here?! Wasn't it your posts like just last week that were saying the same basic thing this other poster just said?!?! I'm so lost, I hadn't realized you changed your opinion on this case.

I never had a final opinion not once. ALWAYS said she my be the culprit, I always said I want to see
every stone turned to be sure. I can see an SODDI scenario, I gave several thoughts on that.
and I am not quick to point only at her. I NEVER STATED OTHERWISE. Nor did I want to rush to judgement. There are to many things going on that point to her negligence, I am not one that will ever dig my heals in the ground and say "This is it - it must be her PERIOD"
never felt the decomp was not Caylees but some squire.
I guess you may be very confused.

I am also saying that this new attorney is one that may get Casey off and we will never know the truth.
I am saying that CAYLEE may never have justice because this new attorneys morals will let an innocent man rot in jail for 26 years and she is not interested in justice for Caylee, only in getting Casey off.
I am saying that if Casey gets off and does not point at the culprit, and she did putt Caylee in danger. She needs to pay for Caylees demise. I do not care if she stays there for LWOP
The decomp is Caylee - I still do not know if Casey is a direct tie to that. Her parents did a master clean
up job,and unless DA has something close to their vest this entire case will make a mockery of the law.
I am saying now since this new attorney I do not CARE anymore we will never know the truth.
I do not care if they throw the book at her today. This lawyer will get so many delays that it will be ridiculous.
I have never changed my mind. I still say keep your eye on GA he is in the center of it all.

....I am saying now since this new attorney I do not CARE anymore we will never know the truth.....
(Your post edited for brevity.)

We would never have known the "Truth," anyway. KC is the only one who knows the truth, and she isn't talking, and couldn't be believed if she were. No, you like the jury and the rest of us, will have to decide what the "truth" is for you. Listen to the evidence, measure the credibility of the witnesses, and as we all must, make up your mind, or do not, this is your choice.

This post[ame="http://community.mentalhelp.net/showpost.php?p=5539&postcount=10"]http://community.mentalhelp.net/showpost.php?p=5539&postcount=10[/ame] explains it better than I ever could but yeah, I do- though not that she has DID or anything like that. She is of sound mind, make no mistake!

(Your post edited for brevity.)

We would never have known the "Truth," anyway. KC is the only one who knows the truth, and she isn't talking, and couldn't be believed if she were. No, you like the jury and the rest of us, will have to decide what the "truth" is for you. Listen to the evidence, measure the credibility of the witnesses, and as we all must, make up your mind, or do not, this is your choice.

I already decided that with this new attorney we will never get all the information. We'd be left with he said she said and a missing baby, a stinky car, and a 31 day laps before 911 was called.
MAKEING IT at least a negligence case - no matter what. So Casey need to be exactly where she is.

Remember...In a court room not all the information is given. With this lawyer much will be hidden, or tossed out. They DO withhold many things. But this lawyer credentials and all I do not trust.

When I was young I went to Jury duty and told them I do not want to be here; when asked why I told them because you guys do not put everything on the table, you edit to much info, and I cant vote on that.
They dismissed the entire group because I tarnished them all.
One attorney came to me in the lobby and said "How old are you? I said 22 (40 years ago) he said go study Law you'd be very good. LOL

I never had a final opinion not once. ALWAYS said she my be the culprit, I always said I want to see
every stone turned to be sure. I can see an SODDI scenario, I gave several thoughts on that.
and I am not quick to point only at her. I NEVER STATED OTHERWISE. Nor did I want to rush to judgement. There are to many things going on that point to her negligence, I am not one that will ever dig my heals in the ground and say "This is it - it must be her PERIOD"
never felt the decomp was not Caylees but some squire.
I guess you may be very confused.

I am also saying that this new attorney is one that may get Casey off and we will never know the truth.
I am saying that CAYLEE may never have justice because this new attorneys morals will let an innocent man rot in jail for 26 years and she is not interested in justice for Caylee, only in getting Casey off.
I am saying that if Casey gets off and does not point at the culprit, and she did putt Caylee in danger. She needs to pay for Caylees demise. I do not care if she stays there for LWOP
The decomp is Caylee - I still do not know if Casey is a direct tie to that. Her parents did a master clean
up job,and unless DA has something close to their vest this entire case will make a mockery of the law.
I am saying now since this new attorney I do not CARE anymore we will never know the truth.
I do not care if they throw the book at her today. This lawyer will get so many delays that it will be ridiculous.
I have never changed my mind. I still say keep your eye on GA he is in the center of it all.

Hi EV1, I am back...Thanks for welcoming me and for the responses to my earlier posts.

In a SODDI defense one of the pieces of evidence that would need to be countered or disqualified is the decomp in the trunk. (Unless it is shown that person had access to Casey's car.)

I keep reading posts using the decomp to negate the possibility of a SODDI so I have the following questions: (since my brain has cobwebs this morning)

1) Has the air sample research been used in a court room before since it is only 6-7 years old?

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_01.htm

2) Wasn't there research done on the air samples from the trunk at another facility that had the opposite result? I vaguely recall that and have not been able to locate it.

3) Is there DNA results on the stain stating that there was a match to Caylee?

4) Could this statement in their conclusions cast reasonable doubt?

These results still do not rule out the remote possibility that an unusual variety of products or materials (not present in the trunk at the time of vehicle discovery) may have had some contribution to the overall chemical signature.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_15.htm

I do strongly believe in the cadaver dogs and their ability to detect decompositon. You not only have the cadaver dogs, but you have quite a few people who have smelled that odor before who will testify to what they smelled in KC's trunk.

It depends on the dog and trainer's accuracy:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...rcentage+of+accuracy&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cadaver dogs do mess up from time to time: The McCanns have sought out attorneys who convinced a judge in Wisconsin that certain dogs were accurate just 22 percent to 38 percent of the time. (The prosecution claimed a success rate of 60 percent to 69 percent.

http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/dogs/index.html

The Alberta and Alabama studies, though limited in their scope and number of trials, show both positive and negative results for scent detection dogs. In both studies, dogs were able to locate human remains but the overall reliability of individual dog and handler teams remains in question. In the Alberta study, the recovery percentage for one dog was 55% while another was 95%. The Alabama study showed a much larger number of false alerts and no alerts than correct alerts. Together, the studies show a definite variance in accuracy and reliability among dog and handler teams. Possible factors affecting dog and handler team ability could be weather, soil condition, training, and dog-handler communication. Given such findings and a lack of thorough studies, the Alabama team hopes to study scent detection dogs more extensively in the future.

If all of the above is why KC might not have called 911 ,then surely she would have gone out and found Caylee herself because if she ends up without Caylee ALL OF THAT HAPPENS ANYWAY.There does not seem to be any evidence that KC ever looked for a live Caylee.A self centered person would try to get her meal ticket back.

There is NO WAY of knowing if Casey was looking for Caylee or not. In this theory, we have NO IDEA who Casey might have thought had Caylee. Casey might have been contacting all her friends trying to figure it out without making anyone mad at her by asking anyone a direct question - because she knew if she did, the secret that Caylee was missing would be revealed and parents would find out that Caylee was missing. But if this is what Casey thought - that a friend had her, but the truth was a unknown SO had kidnapped Caylee, Casey would NEVER find her among her friends.

While searching this way sounds very unreasonable and illogical to the average person, to an emotionally abused person, illogical behavior sometimes makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel