The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the guy scan the ground for remains in the episode of Disappeared, and saying he scanned over three areas that look to be of human remains, it's such a shame they can't:/ So close yet so far.
When was that parking lot built? If they are buried there, is it possible the perp put them their for that reason? Was he involved in building it? Wouldn't all the construction make it likely for the bodies to be found? I wish they could do another scan over the parking lot!

After seeing the guy scan the ground for remains in the episode of Disappeared, and saying he scanned over three areas that look to be of human remains, it's such a shame they can't:/ So close yet so far.
When was that parking lot built? If they are buried there, is it possible the perp put them their for that reason? Was he involved in building it? Wouldn't all the construction make it likely for the bodies to be found? I wish they could do another scan over the parking lot!

I don't remember exactly, but iirc, it states the year construction began on the Disappeared episode.

If I have some spare time over the weekend, I'll scan through the episode & see if I can find it.

I don't remember exactly, but iirc, it states the year construction began on the Disappeared episode.

If I have some spare time over the weekend, I'll scan through the episode & see if I can find it.

If memory serves, it was September ‘93. Core samples could be collected for a few hundred dollars and DNA testing would give you a result. But, I don’t think cost is the issue. I sympathize with the Springfield PD. As this is a ‘lead’ from psychics, for LE to follow through on this, if results turn out to be negative, the door has been opened for every crackpot lead to ‘be followed.’ From what I’ve read, the hospital has been good community citizens and given the green light to dig, but realistically from a PR standpoint, what would you expect them to say ?

I think the secenario described here (the girls knowing the person-who was NOT a serial killer, taking them at gun point). But why? Is this a sexually motivated crime? Something personal? I think Sherill Levitt may have been the target, but not sure-what do you all think?
I remember watching this case on Disappeared, and them saying on there it was possible their remains were buried under a hospital parking ramp-what has became of this?

You ask "But why?" Isnt that the question to beat most really. But why? If we knew THAT...then we would know so much more.

Heres the scenario I am prone to return to..often.: The girls are out for graduation partying. They go to multiple places. See god only knows how many people. "Maybe" some of these people they see...dont like one of the girls so much. Maybe its a jealousy thing between Suzie(or Stacy) and another girl. Maybe this other girl....has connections to the wrong people.Maybe its not a girl...maybe its a guy...but words are exchanged. Could be something as simple as "You wish!" or.."F#$% Off!"...but maybe this person theyve offended is ON drugs. Lord knows...Ive known people...and loved them greatly UNTIL they were on drugs...and then they have become PSYCHO...and people I cant stand...let alone trust. Maybe the person....just let seeing one of the girls IRK them...and stewed in that all night. Maybe in a drug induced state...this person decides to confront the girl that irked them earlier in the evening...so they go to the home...and then, things just... escalate.
Maybe...the person theyve seen....is in with the wrong people...maybe Suzie knows some of these people....maybe maybe maybe....(deep sigh) Yes...but why indeed.

Say....maybe this person theyve offended...maybe they are at a drug house later in the evening....and one of the girls' names come up...and the person starts *****ing about the girl. Maybe small amounts of money are owed...and the perp(s) decide to confront the girls.
Maybe its something as simple as they (Suzie and Stacy) see the drugged out (or not drugged out...just crazy) people at a store...or leaving Janelles...and the wrong people follow them home?
I hope this year IS the year we get answers to the "But why?"

Maybe its one of Suzies exes.? If that were the case...I could see her opening the door at that time of night. Not happily...but still.

Ok...In the future, Ill try to edit down my posts some before pushing "post" so they dont seem so disjointed (apologies!)I just got on the "But why?" roll here....

One must wonder, with this seeming to be an organized criminal, who was the main target. Whoever did this did not do it as a random crime. This was personal, and the person who did this had a lot planned out to successfully take three women. I have always thought Sherill was the main target, and the girls were a "bonus" to the perp.

You ask "But why?" Isnt that the question to beat most really. But why? If we knew THAT...then we would know so much more.

Heres the scenario I am prone to return to..often.: The girls are out for graduation partying. They go to multiple places. See god only knows how many people. "Maybe" some of these people they see...dont like one of the girls so much. Maybe its a jealousy thing between Suzie(or Stacy) and another girl. Maybe this other girl....has connections to the wrong people.Maybe its not a girl...maybe its a guy...but words are exchanged. Could be something as simple as "You wish!" or.."F#$% Off!"...but maybe this person theyve offended is ON drugs. Lord knows...Ive known people...and loved them greatly UNTIL they were on drugs...and then they have become PSYCHO...and people I cant stand...let alone trust. Maybe the person....just let seeing one of the girls IRK them...and stewed in that all night. Maybe in a drug induced state...this person decides to confront the girl that irked them earlier in the evening...so they go to the home...and then, things just... escalate.
Maybe...the person theyve seen....is in with the wrong people...maybe Suzie knows some of these people....maybe maybe maybe....(deep sigh) Yes...but why indeed.

The drug angle has been hotly debated over the years but evidently there is little known evidence to support that conclusion. Nevertheless, it must be considered as plausible. What we need most of all is a solid motive. Several have opined that it will ultimately take a confession to solve this case.

Hi....I was a member here in 2010...under the name nothergirl. I followed this case until I got scared myself. Living close to the area where this happened, speaking freely about suspects and suspicions...I couldnt help but think there is a chance that whoever was involved in this disappearance may be monitoring these sites.So....I bowed out from participating on these forums for a couple of years.
I just wanted to let everyone know I am now participating/posting again...and that I cant believe they havent gotten any closer to solving this case. Breaks my heart....
I tend to go along with the theory that whoever did this...knew the girls. I think that is why they opened the door at that time of night. Also that one girl was taken (maybe at gunpoint) and that THAT is what made they others comply.
I am holding out hope...that this year is the year the the key person(s)...or evidence...or whatever is needed...will come forward and that this case will finally be solved.
The airalex site....the last time I visited there (months ago) was CREEPY with the postings....just freaking creepy.

BBM

I googled & found the site, but nothing about The Springfield Three.

I then used the wayback machine & found a few postings. Everything seemed to be in capital letters, which makes things hard for me to read (imo). Is there nothing on that site now? Or am I not looking in the correct place?

BBM

I googled & found the site, but nothing about The Springfield Three.

I then used the wayback machine & found a few postings. Everything seemed to be in capital letters, which makes things hard for me to read (imo). Is there nothing on that site now? Or am I not looking in the correct place?

The Airalex site was book marked on my old computer, which has crashed. Im not sure how to find the site without the bookmark, but its the "guest book" section thats creepy. Didnt always used to be...but it sure was last time I was able to check it (5 or so months ago). Im not extremely computer literate unfortunately...and relied way too much on the bookmarks.

The Airalex site was a troll haven.

I'd pretty much dismiss every single post there. JMHO

To the moderators: Could you please delete the "Ricky Dykes" thread on this page? It was posted prematurely, at a time when I was eating up what "Can't Say" was spouting.

To the moderators: Could you please delete the "Ricky Dykes" thread on this page? It was posted prematurely, at a time when I was eating up what "Can't Say" was spouting.

Most but not all. If one wades through all of the posts there are some very valuable nuggets of truth to be found. It just takes patience and a thorough knowledge of the case. Otherwise I agree with you. There are probably about six "books" of 1,000 posts or more than I know of at that site. The reason it came into being was because very little was being said about this case. It only became first discussed here about 2004 if my memory is correct.

What I have always liked about this site is that members have to be registered which pretty much eliminates the trolls. And it does provide for necessary editing of punctuation and other grammatical errors or unclear meanings.

Drake, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of those threads and stickys that were thrown up there in such a hurry when this case was made a Sub-forum are full of errors and inaccuracies. The original source for most of the stuff in error came from someone fishin. If you try and correct the errors and inaccuracies, you get blamed of being negative and if you don't say anything then they must be factual. Trust your own work and ignore most of that stuff.

I ate up what he was spouting for a few days. However, it didn't take long to find all of the inconsistencies in his statements. Not only can he not keep his story straight, but it's disgraceful how insensitive he is towards these missing women.

What is there to be gained from posting that garbage?

I ate up what he was spouting for a few days. However, it didn't take long to find all of the inconsistencies in his statements. Not only can he not keep his story straight, but it's disgraceful how insensitive he is towards these missing women.

What is there to be gained from posting that garbage?

I think "Attention" would be the answer to the question of, "What is there to be gained from posting that garbage".

At least that is my opinion.

Drake, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of those threads and stickys that were thrown up there in such a hurry when this case was made a Sub-forum are full of errors and inaccuracies. The original source for most of the stuff in error came from someone fishin. If you try and correct the errors and inaccuracies, you get blamed of being negative and if you don't say anything then they must be factual. Trust your own work and ignore most of that stuff.

I'd like to add that it wasn't just "One Source" that was responsible for errors and inaccuracies. It has historically been errors and inconsistencies from various sources.

I have been thrown under the bus several times for making an effort to correct people when they post things that are inaccurate.

And Hurricane is right....if you don't say anything to correct people, then what they have posted seems to become "Fact" to some, and it perpetuates the confusion of the real facts of the case.

And the crappy part is, even when you correct people.....sometimes they and others don't bother to listen.

And then you have the whole issue of people who aren't willing to talk about the case to anyone outside their "Click". Personally I feel that after 20yrs, for the love of Pete, lets stop playing games with information.

Who knows, that person you refuse to share information with.....may have the other piece of the puzzle it takes to solve this case.

Just something for everyone to think about.

I'd like to add that it wasn't just "One Source" that was responsible for errors and inaccuracies. It has historically been errors and inconsistencies from various sources.

I have been thrown under the bus several times for making an effort to correct people when they post things that are inaccurate.

And Hurricane is right....if you don't say anything to correct people, then what they have posted seems to become "Fact" to some, and it perpetuates the confusion of the real facts of the case.

And the crappy part is, even when you correct people.....sometimes they and others don't bother to listen.

And then you have the whole issue of people who aren't willing to talk about the case to anyone outside their "Click". Personally I feel that after 20yrs, for the love of Pete, lets stop playing games with information.

Who knows, that person you refuse to share information with.....may have the other piece of the puzzle it takes to solve this case.

Just something for everyone to think about.

Monkeymann, since your last point is obviously directed at me I would suggest you take the same advice I gave Drake, "Trust your own work...". I trust who I work with and how we work. I trust the information and circumstantial evidence we get and what we determine is valid. I don't worry about building a house of cards with a lot of errors or inaccuracies being accepted as fact. I grant a lot of confidentiality agreements to get first hand information and I don't have to worry about that information being leaked or posted on every forum that discusses this case as I once did. Until you do the same you will never get anywhere. This case will never be solved by a "think tank".

Look at ProBoards. That was to be the forum where everything posted was to be documented and factual and everyone was to share their information. I think it was you who said if you (meaning me) weren't willing to lay all your information on the table, then you weren't welcome. Look at ProBoards now; it died out pretty quickly and is no different factually than any other forum discussing this case. Just as many drive by posters as anywhere else.

You will never learn the facts of this case swimming thru every forum like a killer whale with it's mouth open waiting to see what swims in.

Been a while since I have looked the boards. I needed a break, maybe just lost interest. I see much of the same things posted. When i started looking this case it was in the very first thread, and air alex was the only other information out on the boards to find. I was misled for a long time by old rumors. The drug angle has never been proven and is false, the bad girl angle is simply false. The first 6 months I gobbled up all the information i could and formed opinions based on bad information. One of the worst bits of information was the original 48 hours video. It steers you down a path. I think about the limited information I had at that time and i really just didnt have enough to form an opinion. So I started doing you my own work. Making trips, getting articles. Fact finding. If you see something quoted by me or Hurricane it is from an original news article from the date provided. I feel that this information is most accurate for a lot of the small stuff. Suspects....... I had my own thoughts about one guy, nobody would tell me his name.......then a picture appeared that made him look like he was not the type for this crime. He was clean shaven looking like an accountant. lol That was Garrison in his rape trial, that was not his normal look. So after wasting a tremendous amount of time, I made several trips to Springfield, worked with 1 or 2 people, and we follow the GJ3 angle. I personally found it was better to keep the people I work with limited. Its not about sharing information usually it is about violating trust. Some people want to throw it all at the wall and see what sticks, but......some believe you need not show your hand until you have something that is worthwhile. So the conflict is in which opionion you have about sharing information. My suggestion is trust yourself and your own ability to find and answer the questions you have. I personally do not believe this case will be solved without a confession......do I think i know who might be involved yes, but will they confess.....I dont know. Patience. This is likely the perfect crime......if the perps are alive they may want someone to tell the story before they die.

I first found out about this case last night while watching episodes of Disappeared on Netflix. I *knew* there had to be a thread here on WS about it. I'm slowly making my way through all the previous posts and am happy to see some of you original posters are still here.

I just got finished watching the 48 Hours episode (www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7422242n) and was surprised by some of the information presented. Based on Trooogrit's post above, sounds like I should take it with a huge grain of salt. I find it odd that there was no mention made of the shattered porch light.

I must agree, because that was obviously a huge clue that something went wrong, a foreshadow of what may have happened inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto