The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I watched the episode of Disappeared so forgive me if I'm missing any details. Anyway, it intrigues me that three adult/young adult women can go missing without any witnesses or fuss. I don't know what happened, but I'm almost certain it was either someone they knew or someone using a disguise as a worker (like Cox) because the house wasn't in disarray and I imagine it would've been had someone intruded. And I'm certain this person was a criminal and knew what they were doing. It's just a mystery! I would love to be a neighbour and go back in time and just keep an eye out on their house.

I think they should dig up the parking garage. I know that it's been a tip from psychics but if there were three anomalies found consistent with a graveyard location that were roughly the same size, I think it's something they should consider. At least they can eliminate it as a possible burial location, but it can't be eliminated at this stage. If they find bodies there, well, that's just sad that it had been put off for so long (even if it turns out to be another missing person) and if they don't, it can be eliminated and some of the people involved (the crime reporter, can't remember her name. Kathy Beard? And of course the families) can start looking at other possible locations.

Welcome to our little spot in the great ‘anti social human behavior,’ referring euphemistically to all sorts of ugly human acts. This case is different and odd. Three women dissappear from a house. Not unheard of and not without precedence, still very different. There’s a somewhat similar situation involving one young woman in KC, Gina Clark. http://www.411gina.org/ginaclark.htm

Many missing person cases involve someone last seen with someone else, in route somewhere, with their personal items (i.e. a car) found at some later date. Here, everything was left, but the women are gone, as if they ran out of the house because someone pulled a fire alarm.

About the digging at the parking lot, even for the curious are not comfortable with how this idea was born, psychics, I would be in favor of coring. For once and for all, it would prove, through DNA samples, what lies beneath. If it was not biological, or even human, this would die in its place and the investigation would proceed. If there was a DNA match...well...all *blank* would break loose. But, either way, it would be something hard in a case that is very circumstantial.

I remember years ago, an FBI investigator, who I believed coined the term ‘serial killer,’ that ‘...you look in the abyss and the abyss looks back.’ This case can be consuming. Enjoy reading the previous posts by everybody and get a feel of things. Some of the 'gatekeepers’ here might help fill in some blanks for you. I don’t know your age or your background, but for me one of the intriguing parts of this case is the time warp. For me, as someone who came of age in the 80‘s, the 90‘s was my early adulthood. I am blown away how things have changed, particularly with technology, more so from 1992 to 2012 than 1972 to 1992. In 1992, teenagers talked on hardlines (watch the first couple of seasons of the original Beverly Hills 90210 to get reacquainted), no texts, no emails and forget Facebook. Your cell phone is reporting on you in a manner George Orwell could never have envisioned. But, in this case, we have people’s words, what they are reported to have said, where, when and to whom. Quite a different story than on a cell phone log, or via a text (time and date stamped).

Mule (and he’s one of the gatekeepers here), is probably right. This case may never be solved, or a confession will have to be made, or generations later may release a compelling case to convince, in the court of public opinion, us what happened. Unfortunately, by that time, the perps will have left this world...justice delayed and denied. One of the oldest cases, still listed as active by the Missouri State Highway Patrol is that of Dixie May Forrester. http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A11I06B10704J997981.pdf. Don’t see that arriving at a courtroom anytime soon.

Welcome...and enjoy the reading. And, happy birthday Stacy !

I think LE knows who is responsible for the disappearance of the ladies, and that they are not buried under the parking garage.

Welcome, Hoshizora.

I think LE knows who is responsible for the disappearance of the ladies, and that they are not buried under the parking garage.

Welcome, Hoshizora.

I tend to agree with you on this. I think there is a strong possibility that LE has a pretty good idea what happened, and possibly who may have been involved. I think the just don't have enough "Solid Evidence".

My personal opinion is that, LE wouldn't have devoted the time, effort, or manpower that they did, when they got search warrants, and dug up the two farm property's to the extent that they did, with heavy digging equipment, on just a "Whim".

They had to have had something farily compelling, for a judge to issue a search warrant for the property's.

There's an old legal saying, "It takes less probable cause to issue a search warrant, then it does to warrant a warrantless search".

Point being, there had to be "Some" probable cause, or the judge wouldn't have issued the warrant.

Wonder what it was??????

Welcome, Hoshizora.
I certainly think LE knows those who were involved. No case is as complicated as this one has been made out to seem. Think motive, means and opportunity.

It's more likely a matter of having enough evidence to move forward with an arrest.
As for the parking garage, it would be easier for SPD to dig it up rather than keep saying they will and then not doing so.
Perhaps there is nothing there, perhaps there is. However, by going on national television and saying you will, and after a year doing nothing, credibility tends to go away.

I certainly think LE knows those who were involved. No case is as complicated as this one has been made out to seem. Think motive, means and opportunity.

It's more likely a matter of having enough evidence to move forward with an arrest.
As for the parking garage, it would be easier for SPD to dig it up rather than keep saying they will and then not doing so.
Perhaps there is nothing there, perhaps there is. However, by going on national television and saying you will, and after a year doing nothing, credibility tends to go away.

They should have cored the concrete at nominal cost and dropped a probe and/or cadaver dog. Not necessary to actually dig up the garage.

They should have cored the concrete at nominal cost and dropped a probe and/or cadaver dog. Not necessary to actually dig up the garage.
You're right Mule. In 2007 we (our company) even offered to pay for it to be cored so the taxpayers wouldn't be out any money. It really wasn't and isn't an expensive thing to do.

In #372 the poster alludes to a number of things with absolutely no clarification as to what they are saying.
Our take is that just like a forest, looking at a large number of suspects, one can't see the trees. Perhaps a review of the initial scene and the people surrounding those who lived at the house can shed some light.
This isn't a "serial killer" case in my humble opinion. It has no earmarks of one. As a former member of LE I would be looking at family friends and acquaintances. I wouldn't focus too much on any "eye witness" as those types of reports can be questionable.
As I said earlier - motive, means and opportunity always play out with any solution.
We do believe the solution to this crime is certainly obtainable and that most of the key players are still alive at this time. However, as many point out, getting any new information may be difficult. Those who know what happened aren't talking, yet, and may never talk.
But then again, things do happen.
Just my opinion.

And that is exactally what makes this case a little complicated. There are a couple different "Parties" that fall into the catagories of family, friends and acquointances. As well as motive, opportunity, and means.

I remember one of the early theories by LE was that the crime was of a "Sexual Nature".

However, I don't know if that was the motivation or not.

Like I said, a couple different "Parties" connected to this case (friends, family, aquointances) seem to have potental motives.

And thats the sad part about this case.

And I agree.....I by no means think this case is a complicated as some would have you believe. I think those involved, and yes I think it is a (Those)...not a single person, will not talk unless otherwise compelled to do so either legally, or by their own free will.

Unless some lucky investigator/s, who have/s access to the boxs of case files on the 3MW case, inadvertantly stumbles upon a lost piece of compelling information, that finally fills in the missing blanks, it might be a while.

Hopefully not! I hope this group that is reviewing the 3MW case files right now, is able to piece the case together better than it ever has before. They have plenty of former retired LE working in their group, hopefully they find something, or some angle they missed before. Only time well tell right......

And that is exactally what makes this case a little complicated. There are a couple different "Parties" that fall into the catagories of family, friends and acquointances. As well as motive, opportunity, and means.

I remember one of the early theories by LE was that the crime was of a "Sexual Nature".

However, I don't know if that was the motivation or not.

Like I said, a couple different "Parties" connected to this case (friends, family, aquointances) seem to have potental motives.

And thats the sad part about this case.

And I agree.....I by no means think this case is a complicated as some would have you believe. I think those involved, and yes I think it is a (Those)...not a single person, will not talk unless otherwise compelled to do so either legally, or by their own free will.

Unless some lucky investigator/s, who have/s access to the boxs of case files on the 3MW case, inadvertantly stumbles upon a lost piece of compelling information, that finally fills in the missing blanks, it might be a while.

Hopefully not! I hope this group that is reviewing the 3MW case files right now, is able to piece the case together better than it ever has before. They have plenty of former retired LE working in their group, hopefully they find something, or some angle they missed before. Only time well tell right......
Given what we know about the case, to-date, I could rule out family members. Can't say the same for acquaintances or friends though.

Given what we know about the case, to-date, I could rule out family members. Can't say the same for acquaintances or friends though.

Agreed! I don't think family members had anything to do with this case either. My biggest hope at this point for this case, is that the group of LE individuals that the case was recently presented to for reinvestigation, of whom surely have access to the boxes upon boxes of files on this case, find something that was overlooked in the past that allows them to finally connect enough dots to file formal charges against those who were involved.

Agreed! I don't think family members had anything to do with this case either. My biggest hope at this point for this case, is that the group of LE individuals that the case was recently presented to for reinvestigation, of whom surely have access to the boxes upon boxes of files on this case, find something that was overlooked in the past that allows them to finally connect enough dots to file formal charges against those who were involved.

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children's review of the case files may indeed be the only hope that this case ever gets solved. Fresh eyes going over a cold case would be able to catch something SP may have overlooked.

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children's review of the case files may indeed be the only hope that this case ever gets solved. Fresh eyes going over a cold case would be able to catch something SP may have overlooked.

Let's hope so Fullmoon.
I think the answers are at the beginning of the case, not farther down the road when tip after tip added suspect after suspect.
I am pretty sure some in LE are fully aware of who did what - but knowing and proving are two different things.

However, I do believe there is still time to solve this case and bring those responsible to justice. Let's hope the NCMEC can help shed some light on this. Twenty-one years is far too long.

Support fund for Sandy Hook well over $20 million dollars raised.
Support fund for victims of 9/11 more than $3 billion.
Support fund for Boston Marathon Bombing Victims $28 million and counting.
The three women, who escaped horrific capture today in Cleveland Ohio, will need a lot of love and support from family, friends and community. They need to be given respect and freedom from media vultures until they are ready to speak. We can all help in a monetary way to give them the peace from un-needed financial pressures.
I was unable to find a support fund to donate money for these deserving women. That is a shame. If anyone can find such reputable fund online please let me know. Thank you!

Support fund for Sandy Hook well over $20 million dollars raised.
Support fund for victims of 9/11 more than $3 billion.
Support fund for Boston Marathon Bombing Victims $28 million and counting.
The three women, who escaped horrific capture today in Cleveland Ohio, will need a lot of love and support from family, friends and community. They need to be given respect and freedom from media vultures until they are ready to speak. We can all help in a monetary way to give them the peace from un-needed financial pressures.
I was unable to find a support fund to donate money for these deserving women. That is a shame. If anyone can find such reputable fund online please let me know. Thank you!
We haven't located one yet, but the families of the three have asked for some private time - which is a good idea given all they have been through. We will keep checking and see if a fund eventually is established.

Since they were receiving stalking type of calls, male callers, maybe it was someone that she knew from the salon she worked at. A client, who was rebuffed. This was her home, the person came there for her; possibly her daughter and found three.
I would want a list of all clients she had in the past 6 mos from the salon.

True. I think this is possibly one of the creepiest cases I have heard of, the idea that three fit people just living their lives can be just disappeared in these circumstances. It really is chilling.

I have to agree. Very creepy. I've been reading through all these forums for the last few weeks or so and this case is so very weird....three people don't just vanish into thin air! Someone out there knows something. Even the disappeared episode is scary! :eek:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Anyone think "Charles Tuna" from Topix was a little closer than maybe initially thought?

I have two names I really like for this case. I think we could be looking at someone who owns a small business. Someone who has money but not a large family.

Anyone think "Charles Tuna" from Topix was a little closer than maybe initially thought?

I have two names I really like for this case. I think we could be looking at someone who owns a small business. Someone who has money but not a large family.

CT is a straight shooter. I'll vouch for his veracity.

I like the money and small family suspect but I don't know anyone that comes to mind who owns a small business.

And what would be the relation to this $$ person to the victims-- for all of us who don't know who you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj