The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And....by the first week in Aug. 1992....the police were calling the A-Mart Sighting "Bogus"

A criminal analyst team concluded that it appeared that Sherrill was living beyond her means, with the repairs to her house, and her car. This they couldn't account for the reason for. Sherrill was found to have approx. 700.00 in her bank account. Susie was found to have approx. 400.00 in hers.

Sherrill had a habit of paying for things, such as her bills and such, with money orders, not checks. Why was she doing this?

They say that it looked like someone had gone through her closet.......why? I've wondered, based on their analysis, if Sherrill kept a box of cash in her closet, instead of putting it into the bank due to the creditor's who were harassing her over her husbands past debt's.....and possibly her own too. May be someone knew that she kept a box of cash in the house? Just something to think about. They were also questioning associations and possible trips that Sherrill had gone on or associated with that had some one with contacts, or involvement in criminal activities.

This is all information that is straight out of the news paper from 1992.

Taken the day before they disappeared. Creepy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And....by the first week in Aug. 1992....the police were calling the A-Mart Sighting "Bogus"

A criminal analyst team concluded that it appeared that Sherrill was living beyond her means, with the repairs to her house, and her car. This they couldn't account for the reason for. Sherrill was found to have approx. 700.00 in her bank account. Susie was found to have approx. 400.00 in hers.

Sherrill had a habit of paying for things, such as her bills and such, with money orders, not checks. Why was she doing this?

They say that it looked like someone had gone through her closet.......why? I've wondered, based on their analysis, if Sherrill kept a box of cash in her closet, instead of putting it into the bank due to the creditor's who were harassing her over her husbands past debt's.....and possibly her own too. May be someone knew that she kept a box of cash in the house? Just something to think about. They were also questioning associations and possible trips that Sherrill had gone on or associated with that had some one with contacts, or involvement in criminal activities.

This is all information that is straight out of the news paper from 1992.

My recollection is that she was being hassled to pay for her ex-husband's debts which she (apparently) believed were dissolved by their divorce decree. If so, she was mistaken as the divorce decree does not relieve the debtors; anyone whose signature is on the contract. Any creditor worthy of the name would go immediately to the closest one instead of trying to hunt down someone clear across the country. But again, only if her name appeared on the contract (if this is what happened.)

My take, coming from my collection background, is that this might be explained as it would be nearly impossible to collect cash from someone but her monies could be garnisheed by the creditors executing on their contract through court order. I was to say clearly, however, that is my speculation but it might explain why she was dealing in cash.

I agree with you in part Richard. But I think they were right when they were saying that she was living beyond her means a bit. Her car was a 1990. Susie's was fairly new. She had a new A/C system installed in her house. The Crime analysis team said there were allegations she was a silent partner at the hair salon where she worked. She also may have had travels that could have linked her with illegal groups, or activities. They also had concerns about a past bankruptcy and her insurance policies. (SPFLD News-Leader, Aug, 3, 1992.)

Just some things to pass on.

I agree with you in part Richard. But I think they were right when they were saying that she was living beyond her means a bit. Her car was a 1990. Susie's was fairly new. She had a new A/C system installed in her house. The Crime analysis team said there were allegations she was a silent partner at the hair salon where she worked. She also may have had travels that could have linked her with illegal groups, or activities. They also had concerns about a past bankruptcy and her insurance policies. (SPFLD News-Leader, Aug, 3, 1992.)

Just some things to pass on.

Do you have the quote at hand where they alleged she was living beyond her means?

I'm not sure how they would know that absent her entire financial picture including any savings she might have had and it would not be unexpected that she would know that when she purchased the house there would be expenses that would need to be taken care of immediately. Every house we have purchased had extensive expenses that one has to dig into their piggy bank. I'm not sure how they would know what she had been saving up. I'm thinking they were merely speculating.

I found the new a/c unit was added on to her mortgage.

I do not know about cars.

Personally I would have filed for bankruptcy protection.

I think I recall something about that. The article listed "Home Repair Expenses" as one of the items of concern for further investigation, as it pertained to their inclination that she was possibly living beyond her means. So I'm not sure. They did not list the A/C unit specifically. I only used that as an example because her replacing it had been discussed here. I wasn't sure if that was the specific home repair expense they were referring to. Sorry.....I should have explained that part better. They did state that Sherrill had been involved in a Bankruptcy, but they didn't state what the particulars of her Bankruptcy were.
Her car was only two years old, so that may have been part of their concern. Not sure how Susie's car was or had been paid for.

Do you have the quote at hand where they alleged she was living beyond her means?

I'm not sure how they would know that absent her entire financial picture including any savings she might have had and it would not be unexpected that she would know that when she purchased the house there would be expenses that would need to be taken care of immediately. Every house we have purchased had extensive expenses that one has to dig into their piggy bank. I'm not sure how they would know what she had been saving up. I'm thinking they were merely speculating.

What I posted was almost verbatim from the Springfield News-Leader Aug. 3, 1992. I'll give you this, they did state that Sherrill had $700.00 (ish) dollars in her checking account. The story did however also state that the investigative team that looked into her finances, did not say how much she had in any savings account......, or if she even had one. I do find it interesting that the amount they state in the article that she had in her checking account, was very close to the same amount they say was recovered from her purse.
I do agree with you regarding how they would know about any money she may have had "Stashed" somewhere, in the house or otherwise.
The team of investigators that had analyzed the case and released the summary that was printed in the Aug. 3, 1992 edition of the Spfld. News-Leader, stated that there were 349-Issues surrounding the case. 181-Unresolved Issues. 168-Resolved.

Here's what's strange though. The Crime Analysis team had concerns about her finances that they were very clear to point out. However, at the end of paragraph that contained the crime analysis team's concerns, the quote Worsham as saying, "There are no signs Levitt's finances are out of order"......which just completely contradicts the findings of the crime analysis team. This team was comprises of 880 hours of case study conducted by one detective and four crime analysts from SPD, The Mid-States Organized Crime Information Center, and the Missouri Highway Patrol. So that part didn't make a lot of sense to me. The team has concerns, but Worsham has no issues with the finances? WTH? Strange Hunh......

I think I recall something about that. The article listed "Home Repair Expenses" as one of the items of concern for further investigation, as it pertained to their inclination that she was possibly living beyond her means. So I'm not sure. They did not list the A/C unit specifically. I only used that as an example because her replacing it had been discussed here. I wasn't sure if that was the specific home repair expense they were referring to. Sorry.....I should have explained that part better. They did state that Sherrill had been involved in a Bankruptcy, but they didn't state what the particulars of her Bankruptcy were.

Her car was only two years old, so that may have been part of their concern. Not sure how Susie's car was or had been paid for.

Come to think about it, I do seem to recall something about bankruptcy in her past. I am pretty certain individual bankruptcies can only come every seven years. One has to distinguish between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies; the latter which is an agreed upon plan to pay most of the debts and to stop the harassment. A straight bankruptcy (Chapter 7) will essentially ruin a person's credit.

What I posted was almost verbatim from the Springfield News-Leader Aug. 3, 1992. I'll give you this, they did state that Sherrill had $700.00 (ish) dollars in her checking account. The story did however also state that the investigative team that looked into her finances, did not say how much she had in any savings account......, or if she even had one. I do find it interesting that the amount they state in the article that she had in her checking account, was very close to the same amount they say was recovered from her purse.

I do agree with you regarding how they would know about any money she may have had "Stashed" somewhere, in the house or otherwise.

The team of investigators that had analyzed the case and released the summary that was printed in the Aug. 3, 1992 edition of the Spfld. News-Leader, stated that there were 349-Issues surrounding the case. 181-Unresolved Issues. 168-Resolved.

Here's what's strange though. The Crime Analysis team had concerns about her finances that they were very clear to point out. However, at the end of paragraph that contained the crime analysis team's concerns, the quote Worsham as saying, "There are no signs Levitt's finances are out of order"......which just completely contradicts the findings of the crime analysis team. This team was comprises of 880 hours of case study conducted by one detective and four crime analysts from SPD, The Mid-States Organized Crime Information Center, and the Missouri Highway Patrol. So that part didn't make a lot of sense to me. The team has concerns, but Worsham has no issues with the finances? WTH? Strange Hunh......

That is most interesting about the resolved and unresolved issues. Would be interesting to know what the unresolved issues were.

It certainly would be interesting to know what the actual motive was. I don't get Worsham's statement in view of what is known about the case.

I have been following this case for years. It really hit me because these girls were just a few years older than me. It is terribly sad that it has been 23 years without any closure for the families.

I have read so many theories- revenge, drugs, serial killer, etc. What about the possibility that something happened earlier that night that resulted in their being abducted? An argument, something they saw at a party, someone they met at a party?

I think JK's actions were strange. I would never have just walked in to someone's house. I also think the story about the obscene call while she was in the house doesn't ring true. What are the odds of that happening? And an obscene caller calling houses in the morning? You usually hear about those type of calls happening at night. I have watched the 48 hours episode and Disappeared. JK states different reasons they left her house in those documentaries. Why the change in stories? I wonder if there was an argument between the girls that evening. If they had seen JK show up outside the house in the middle of the night- they would not have felt threatened opening the door for a girl they knew. She could have had someone with her- waiting. Just something I have wondered about, and wondered what others think.

I really hope this case will be solved, so sad for the families.

The law enforcement agencies investigating this crime have agreed Mrs. Levitt was the target.

If that's the case Suzie and Stacy would most likely be alive today if they hadn't changed plans. This must eat their family alive.

The law enforcement agencies investigating this crime have agreed Mrs. Levitt was the target.
Respectfully......If you read the newspaper story's (Which I Have) from that time-period, they waned back and forth between theories. They made no definite statement that Ms. Levitt was the target. They said it would seem that Sherrill was the target, but that "Susie" could have been the target....or Both. They have stated that it doesn't appear that "Stacy" was the target, but they NEVER were SOLID on their theory about WHO was the ACTUAL TARGET of the crime.
They simply do not know.......and they have stated that in the news articles.
Just trying to maintain accuracy in the statements.......but certainly "Not Bickering".

If that's the case Suzie and Stacy would most likely be alive today if they hadn't changed plans. This must eat their family alive.

This has been theorized by Law Enforcement, and others......but in the spirit of accuracy, Law Enforcement simply does not know who the intended target(s) were "For Sure".

Also.....I'd like to thank Mr. Robert Keyes for the time he spent reporting on this case when he worked for the Springfield News-Leader.

I know I've been critical of some of the reporting on this crime that was done back in 1992-to-Present.

However, after spending hours reading his stories about this case, I have to honestly say that I personally feel that Mr. Keyes was very dedicated to this case, and I found his reporting to be very honest and consistent.

Thank You Mr. Robert Keyes for your commitment to this case!!!!

Glad to see this thread up and running again! For some reason, I can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone....can anyone help? A few years ago, I came across an actual news report that showed glimpses of Suzie's bedroom, the purses and even Stacy's shorts. Obviously these pics were taken after the friends/family has been there....anyways just wanted to share if anyone knows how!

Glad to see this thread up and running again! For some reason, I can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone....can anyone help? A few years ago, I came across an actual news report that showed glimpses of Suzie's bedroom, the purses and even Stacy's shorts. Obviously these pics were taken after the friends/family has been there....anyways just wanted to share if anyone knows how!

Easiest to use the tapa talk app .
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads