The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say I think she is guilty and that she did this completely void of self defense BUT I think it is hard to say what anyone would do in that situation because most people would never be in that situation. A DV psychologist will attest to this in court I am sure.

I expect most of her behavior to be explained in much the way that she explained it on her interview.

"I think there was a naive belief that I could pretend like it didn't really happen."

It would not shock me as well for the defense to say she is still struggling to remember because it was so traumatic and she has so much guilt and that she painted pictures of good and evil with the ninja story because she didn't want to have to admit to herself that Travis had tried to kill her and that she HAD TO take such extreme measures.

we already know that they will say she didn't tell the truth because she was trying to protect Travis' image as she supposedly did in her relationship. (we know this because her attorney tried to get Flores to say it during a cross)

I watched a video of DT's so called expert. Frankly I wasnt impressed but it was ironic that she did talk about stalkers and how DV victims out of fear dont call poilce when they are being stalked or abused. Sounds just like Travis Alexander to me.

They can say what they want to say but DA Martinez is known to be an ace when cross examining witnesses and I think he is going to have a field day with this particular expert. Jodi Arias fits the profile of an abuser. Travis Alexander fits the profile of a victim of domestic violence by an ex who would not take no for an answer.

And I think JM will get that out to the jury loud and clear.

Even Dr. Drew who usually will make an excuse for criminal behavior says JA pathology is that of an abuser and its all about ownership.

IMO

I believe his bathroom was in his master suite, there would be no reason for roommates to ever use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of TA's roommates and Mimi discovered the body in the bathroom I believe. Normal procedure would be to check his shoes if they found a print to eliminate both of them from leaving the print accidentially. jmo

The one I saw is much more graphic than the one on Huff Post.

I think it is no longer available.

I am so glad I missed seeing those photos when they were temporarily available that day. I remember being sorry I missed them. Now, I am so glad I did. After your description of the throat wound, that is a picture I would never get out of my head.

Quick question. Was the version witness there to confirm JA got into T's voicemail, or what exactly was the benefit of having him?
It got a little techy for me, but I recall him saying there was a four digit code entered directly from JA's phone.

I have not been following this trial very closely because I have just been straight out.
Ionly saw a few pictures on TV and not the neck wound. I find it amazing that she was able to overpower him so I will assume her first blow eight knife or gun was crucual.
And why did she drag him all over the house, that I did see on TV?

Even if he was shot first or knife, it most certainly didn't kill him. He crawled down the hallway whilst being stabbed and made it as far as the bedroom. Then she dragged him back, maybe shot him, maybe not, and stuffed him in the shower.

I believe his bathroom was in his master suite, there would be no reason for roommates to ever use it.

But did any of his friends enter the bathroom and walk through the blood when they found him? I'm sure it would have left more than one footprint though, if they had?

It's been said she ran away from home, drank alcohol, smoked MJ and she left high school before graduating.

Do you have a source for this info?

I saw another thread where it was implied JA was shacked up with some guy @ the time she met TA. Is that true? Source?

Thanks!

Thanks. That explains it. Someone else replied the same thing, so thanks to all.

With all the circumstantial evidence, it is pretty obvious she did it, but that whole "shadow of a doubt" thing has me worried.

The defense admitting to it in opening statements was huge. Hopefully, PA will remind the jury of that in closing. Wish he could hammer that point home throughout the witness testimonies too though. It seemed to have gotten lost with some of the jury.

it's reasonable doubt. not shadow of a doubt. i think there's a big difference between the 2.

there was one prospective juror who didn't make it who said she'd have to be 100% sure to convict someone and that's far beyond what's legally required.

Everyone remember...a friend of his and his roommate went and found his body. Surely they both had on shoes and walked in the blood. Det Flores knows that.

I thought the camera was found in the washer with the sheets?

Nursebeeme - thank you so much for posting that beautiful rendition of Oh Holy Night by Carrie Underwood. It is my very favorite Christmas song, and is playing over and over in my head.....and not sung by JA in her striped prison garb.

Thank you! :rocker:

The bed pics were taken around 1:44 pm, if I'm not mistaken. The shower pics were taken after 5 pm.

So...plenty of time for a load of laundry.
The camera was not in the load that contained the sheets, so to me, it sorta wipes out the theory she drug him with the sheet.
Also, on the pic of her dragging him, I can't make out anything under him except blood.

I saw another thread where it was implied JA was shacked up with some guy @ the time she met TA. Is that true? Source?

Thanks!

It's true they bought a house together

Thanks!

Yes her parents said she was a troubled teenager. She ran away a few times. She lived with a guy for four years. Known facts.

Nursebeeme - thank you so much for posting that beautiful rendition of Oh Holy Night by Carrie Underwood. It is my very favorite Christmas song, and is playing over and over in my head.....and not sung by her.

Thank you! :rocker:

I know what you mean. Try not to let JA ruin that great song for you. I know it is hard, as I keep replaying in my mind even her face while singing, but I refuse to let her ruin such a beautiful song. We can let Carrie U. replace it for us if we replay her version enough times.

ok there were 4 minutes between the last photo of him in the shower unharmed and him dead and crammed into the shower.

• so I am looking at it this way,
    -pulse your hand as hard as you can in a stabbing motion 29 times- it will probably take you approximately 30 seconds give or take a few. We also know that there was some kind of struggle where he had his hands up to defend himself so not every blow would be landed.

-Now imagine a wet limp body, how long would that take to drag down a hallway?, speed it up some if we assume the floor is wet and that she is in decent shape? Consider also that she had to position him to be able to drag him whether that was on a towel or getting a good grip to drag with,

-Then she has to find a way to push him in,

-there may have even been a weapon that had to be fished out of a backpack during this point but maybe not.

- She may have waited a few moments to watch him die and it did not happen

All of this occurred in 4 minutes. To me that is a very very short time. I do not think that it was self defense but I think the defense would make a good case for panic. I think she probably panicked when he didn't die quickly like she thought and that's where all the other things came from.

She didn't want to be told on if she left and he somehow survived
    and she did not want to actually have to fight him so she goes for quick kill spots.

one of the comments under the picture says it's a mirror picture and specifically refers to her holding her hand in a way that it reflects the flash up at her face.

And, my stupid comment about it being a flashlight, was because I'd only seen part of the photo. :blushing:

Faith Hill has a wonderful Christmas CD/DVD. She makes all the songs sound so beautiful and upbeat. Not like some of the old fogey versions where the songs almost sound depressing...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne