The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense argued in opening statements that HE wanted to tie HER up for their last sexual encounter and he had a knife to cut the rope.

So this is how they explain the presence of the knife (I guess) and apparently the rope.

My questions are: where was the knife in the sex/nude photos? Where was the rope (which was never found) in any of those photos? If the plan was some kinky tying up and bondage, where were the props? They have the big KY jelly in plain sight, now we see the duct tape on Travis' arm (however that is sexual), and the dirty pictures. Clearly they were not shy about capturing explicit moments. So where is the rope and the knife that Travis, the "sexual aggressor" planned to use on JA, the "poor little victim"? To me it's mhore defense lies. Or JA lies.

If those things weren't found, then that's just speculation and not evidence. However, we know slipping that into opening statements can work---sure worked for KC.

Ceiling shot was at 5:31:14. So it was 45 seconds after the last shot of Travis sitting in the shower.

The phone calls between Jodi and Travis before she arrived in AZ are as follows. I did not see the ones from Jodi to Travis for 6/2/08.

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 seconds
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 seconds
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 seconds
6/3/08 8:34 pm 49 seconds

Now, if Travis knew that Jodi was on her way to see him then I would expect to see more calls from each of them to the other as it got closer to the time for her to be there. However, it appears that Travis was avoiding her calls on the day of the 3rd., IMO.

MOO

You know...that makes sense. I also got a weird vibe off that pigtail photo..she's looking directly in to the camera with that vacant look. Not like she's looking at him. I don't know, it could be she's just looking at the timed camera and posing.

Cause she knows she is about to kill him...

Me too. I asked someone there if there was ever a wait to get in and she said "no, never". There were still empty seats when i was in there. Because the public seats were all taken, they put me over in the Travis family section which was fine with me. I had a better view and didn't have to sit on the "defendant" side (which had a nearly empty row that day).

I'd leave before I sat on her side.

Me too. I asked someone there if there was ever a wait to get in and she said "no, never". There were still empty seats when i was in there. Because the public seats were all taken, they put me over in the Travis family section which was fine with me. I had a better view and didn't have to sit on the "defendant" side (which had a nearly empty row that day).

Thanks for your overview of the day in court you had. It is great to hear what it was like there.

The jury questions really bothered me. I wish the PA attorney would have kept remingind the jury through the witnesses that the defense said in opening statements that Jodi admits to killing him. I think that was lost on the jury.

I agree with others that hopefully a good foreman and others will remind them of that.

No, she was doing it all alone. I saw it...be thankful you didn't...

Oh no! Now I can't get those 3 wonders out of my head again! And I had been doing so well today!!!!!!

I doubt a pillow could silence a gun from a roomate at 3 AM...Could probably hear a mouse fart at that time. :)

That small of a caliber gun, in a house of the size of his house 4,000-5,000 ft, and his room on the opposite side of the house and on another level...totally plausible. As well, these are young guys who probably slept like rocks. Lastly, I know I read somewhere at the very beginning of this that the roommates were out of town or somewhere else at least the first 2 days. I couldn't begin to tell you where I heard it though.

I had a wall saying made with a quote from that movie and it's on the wall in my stairwell...I see it every day. "I think God put some people on Earth just to be an example for the rest of us" It was said about the Bagby's. Sigh...that movie had the same impact on me as it has you. :(

completely OT but i love wall sayings...I think Wall Words was the first company that I knew of that made them, now you can get them many places...I have 3 sons and my favorite one I have is down their hall where there bedrooms are/were with pictures from babies to now and the wall saying is "A little boy is the only thing can God can use to make a man"...I love it and it is so true. They are are 3 amazing young men! Okay back to the subject at hand!

Is it possible that maybe Jodi brought some strong drug. Maybe she pretended to take it with him or just slipped it in his drink and was hoping he would pass out that night. But instead, they were up all night and maybe the early shower pics is where he is trying to sober up the effects of a drug. Maybe when he sat down, he was just trying to sober up from whatever drug she gave hm.

His eyes sure look like he was either crying or maybe a drug effect.
TA's toxicology came back clean, but then again he was there multiple days before found...I don't know what if any drugs that would affect as far as testing. I don't know but he does look red eyed, could be from shower, crying, or something else, I wouldn't put anything past the defendant in this case.

Ceiling shot was at 5:31:14. So it was 45 seconds after the last shot of Travis sitting in the shower.

The phone calls between Jodi and Travis before she arrived in AZ are as follows. I did not see the ones from Jodi to Travis for 6/2/08.

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 seconds
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 seconds
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 seconds
6/3/08 8:34 pm 49 seconds

Now, if Travis knew that Jodi was on her way to see him then I would expect to see more calls from each of them to the other as it got closer to the time for her to be there. However, it appears that Travis was avoiding her calls on the day of the 3rd., IMO.

MOO

What's up with her recording the phone sex? Do we have a date on that?

Did Arias try to create her own alibi?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/15/did-arias-try-create-her-own-alibi
HLNTV - updated 1:14 PM EST, Thu January 17, 2013

PS_1.jpg

It's apparently coming from some tiny fibers that match up with these "tassles" on some decorative pillows in the room. As Beth K said today "these are tiny little fibers, not something you'd see from a rope". I say the more they throw out these preposterous theories, the better.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience attending the trial! I felt like I was there with you. You could be the 13th juror commenting along on In Session.

I know JA put her attys in a tough spot but I think they've made some mistakes along the way, one being the theory about him tying her up with the rope (doesn't pan out)- for the reason you mentioned above, those fibers were consistent with the pillow tassles. Rope isn't plausible.
None of their defense theories are plausible IMO.

I'm shocked there isn't more people following this case. Even here, on websleuths, there isn't as many as I expected. The people I come into contact with don't have any idea...never heard her name and are unfamiliar with the case.

That's the million dollah question :waitasec:

They were both trying to look like Indians? (her braided pigtails) And therefore we can play with big knives today too? I think I'm just kidding tho!

Found it:

I think that's about it. It's not hard to get in there...they said there's never a waiting list which is surprising kinda.

I'm gonna go back next Wed I think unless something conflicts. I'll report back again if anything interesting occurs that's not shown on TV. :seeya:

Thanks so much for the info!! I'm definitely going to make it at least one or maybe 2 days. Just don't know when... I was making it into a big deal and talking myself out of going but it sounds like it's a piece of cake! I'll report back what I observe!

I just finished watching the 48 Hours interview (thank you again David Lohr!), and two things really stood out to me at the end of it. One was when she was asked if it went to trial, would she take the stand. She says "of course I would". YES :woohoo: bring it on!

The second is where she says "when I stand before that day, when I am judged for all of the things that I've done, there's a really deep sense of comfort to know that God's is the only opinion that counts". Yep, think you'll be talking to someone else in the southern hemisphere of the biblical realm Jodi. :devil:

I'm shocked there isn't more people following this case. Even here, on websleuths, there isn't as many as I expected. The people I come into contact with don't have any idea...never heard her name and are unfamiliar with the case.

The Casey Anthony trial and verdict wore everybody out!

I follow it everyday, just that I don't post regularly it doesn't mean I don't follow it. I hope that she gets convicted and that she gets the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme